12/21 Charlotte NC

bottlecap

Its starting again...

a little giggling during the vignette...

OHN...good OHN...but he is a bit restrained...I do think there is a strain inhis voice...its not 100% for sure

TFN....no changes so far...he tried a little bit...but didn;t go very high. I think he is a bit worried about his voice...it is a bit tight...so I think he should try to preserve it .

From CB:

talking to first timers now.. Jeff...enjoying the show so far.. favorite song.. they were all good.. JB he did enjoy..was nice..he did a good job.. looking forward to the second half..kinda a bland type guy lol...Sue thinks she has exhausted teh arena.. picked on eveyone in sight.. running and dogging under seats to get to people..lol.. she is really funny tonight.. lights are blinking.. time to get back into your seat.. there were a few flashes..4 or 5.. here we go

---

...there were about 4 or 5 flashes...

HERE WE GOOOOOO..FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS...

---

SIGH..,....his voice is exquisite.....falllllllllllll on your knees oh hear the angel voiiiiiiiices.....how can he sing so tender and then so powerful.....diiiivvvvvviiiiiiine......for yonder waits a new and glorious morn.....exquisite....

---

tommy waiting for his family.. clay watching very intensly...sound is not good right now..he walks over to him placing his hand on his shoulder..flipping his tie out..turns and goes to bev turning her toward tommy.. he needs her ..she just knows as she walks to him.. and comforts him..she makes him feel good and important and needed.. as he takes his place Clay and the angels standing atop the stairs.. as to float above him.. guarding him from harm..OHN ... long lay world..just breathtaking.. voice is mighty and pierces your heart..voice control perfection.. falllllllllllllllllllllll on your knees oh hear the angel vocessssssssss.. oh nighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he is soaring... oh night when christ was born.. rising to exquist levels and lowering to the earth.. oh night devineeeeeeeeee...my body is shivering.. just every hair standing on eand..like antanne's grabbing every single note tone word.. hear the angell voiceeeeeeeeeeeesss oh night.. OMG this is tearing me apart.. when christ was born oh nightttttttttttttttttttttt oh holllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyy

yyyy night. .oh night devineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. absolutely.. mind blowing.. tommy reading now....venue quiet.. they are shell shocked at his power over them.. his control of them .. and he soarsssssssss again...oh holllllllllllllllllllllllllllyy night oh night devineeeeeeeeeeeeee...you can hear the angel voicessssssssss.. the tear just well up without warning.. night devineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and the crowd has to be on their feet...

---

O Holy Night........On this Night Divine!!! You can hear the angel voices..........O Holy Night....O Night Divine...

Simply beautiful. No one sings this song like he does. I guess we could say that about any song he sings.

---

TFN.....has become a big favorite of mine this tour.....you never know what he is going to do with it...the power and the glory.....noel, noel......they looked up and saw a star shining in the east beyond and far and to the earth it gave great light and so it continues both day and night.....noel, noel....low notes and then lifting his voice higher.....perfection ......yes, some flourishes....noel, noel.... TFN.. he stands so tall so straight so firm so perfect before us.. hands tipping the mic stand.. just gracing it ever so tenderly..bring ing it to life.. feeling it with warmth and love.. noelllllllllllll noellllllllllll neolllllllllllllllllllll born is the king .. of iseriallllllllllllllllllllllll absolute perfection in voice control.. playing with the words.. powerful.. strong just amazing....change up.. born is the king of iseriallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll holding on forever.. lots of whooooos and applauding.. some moaning going on in NC..standing

---

Seems like he always does something a little different with TFN.....gorgeous!!! Standing ovation tonight.

---

Standing O for TFN....gracefully starting HTHAS....his heart is bursting tonight...you can hear it in his voice.....joyful, full and strong....

---

HTHAS-OCAYF.. he is definately mighty tonight..such a chill and want in his voice.. full of love and happiness.. christ the ever lasting lord.soft and gentle than strong and forcefull....jesus of emmauel.. hark the hearld angels sing glory to the new born .. OCAYF..this part just stops my breath.. come and behold him.. born the king of angels.. oh come let us adore him...oh come let us adoreeeeeee him...adore himmmmmmmmmmmmmchristttt the lord.. now breath breath.. lord rising and rising..oh come yeeeeeeeeeeeeee come ye.. to bethelham. come and behold him..he is throwing us everything he has tonight.. OMY.. oh come let us adore him him christ the lord...here it isss.. the looooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd held forever. just earth shattering.. had to be another SO

---

....somebody mentioned last night somewhere that his right hand during Emmanuel looks as though he is shaping every note.....his whole being is into the song.....every note is special......oh rejoice, rejoice Emmmmaaannnnuelllllll...rings out over the crowd....powerful.....

---

emmanuel...his song.. the rebirth of this song by him is so astonishing..his mark is now on it .. never to be taken away ...and his gift to us..his family.. rejoiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rejoiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. emmanueeeeeeellllll...dragging notes out to the fullest.. rejoiceeeeeeeeee rejoiceee..singing from his soul.. each breath he takes .releasing such beauty.. temo rising..oh rejoiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rejoiceeeeeeeeee full control of the audience.. so quiet... oh iserialllllllllllllllllll rejoiceeeeeeeeeee rejoicccccccccccccccce.. WOW he is pouring it on..giving everything he has.. just mind boggling..shall come to thee..so soft...rejoice......man that was beautifull..rejoiceeeeeeeeeeeeeee...wonderful applause..

---

Emmanuel.........I always feel like I'm holding my breath when he sings this, its just so perfectly beautiful. His voice fills the whole arena better than any choir I've ever heard.

---

From CB:

the last rejoice in Emmanuel was just.....

MDYK...oooooooooo....the dead will live again, his voice is just gorgeous.....there goes the lamb....right out of the building.....then back to quiet.....mesmerizing and spectacular......the great I AMMMMMMMM...oooooooooo

---

MDYK..that your baby boy .. sons and daughters.. did youknow that your baby boy.. kinda a studder there.. I think.. kiss the face of god ..MDYK that your baby boy..give sight to a blind man..calm a storm with his hand.. picking up tempo..child delievered will soon deliver you.oh mary did you know..woooooohoooooooowwoooo...love the way his breath passes thru his lips..dead will live again.. lame will leap dumb will speak..praises of the lambbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb wow!...and drop down to lower vocals in a blind of light.. did you know that your baby boy ..heavens perfect lamb..is the great I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm woooohooo hoooowwooooo.. and the crowd is loud.. and happy..

---

back to vignette.. quianna getting ready to sing..

----

...do you remember me, I sat upon your knee....sweet Quianna....here's my lifelong wish, a grownup Christmas list...

---

AWWWW I love his christmas message ...he sounded so happy...

the usual spiel of family of friends...

intro of band...Felix..Daniel...William...Andy....Dancers....

Gregory got a long applause...Allison...COmmunity theater

Q and A...not much difference in the banter tonight... the backstage crew...

DSIAFCD....slightly ragged but fantastic glory note...long and well supported...

From CB:

Merry Christmas Charlotte North Carolina!!! He sounds so happy to be home. His voice is coming through so clear....wow! Doing the intros.

---

clay pre recording on now.. about christmas as a child and now more mature..oh yeah..in more ways than one Clay..family..and extended family..and the crowd is out of control.. as he burst onto the stage.. black angel of beauty..with his devilish red tie.. to show he is not perfect.. merry christmas........they are wild.. ..good to be back...thank you so much for supporting us.. amazing time month and a half.. sing.. well not dance.. tried to do a little different.. learned not so easy to do.. lot of peopl that make this show work.. last two year ..quiet a while.. same thing bev and tommy learned on stage.. spend time with family witout be related to.. the cat Flex.. lots of applause..daniel pierson...little bit earlier talented lobby.. buy it with MCWL.. andy.....lots of applause.. adam.. clay is chuckling.. john....patricia...put andy mic on got something to say..cousin .. his family from NC>.

---

you can buy WJs album when you buy MCWL... ...zooming right through the intros tonight....andy has family from NC tonight....thrilled to have back the extremely talented mr Gregory ellis....wooooo....introduced to mcwl for the very first time....that song would be the motivation for the story tonight..my high school music teacher allison...loud claps

---

Clay is introducing Gregory......"we're so happy to have him back!!!" He shouted the introduction.....sounds very happy!

---

Introducing Quiana and Angela. Angela did her hip thing, and Clay said, "That almost knocked me off the stage....what was that about?" Lots of laughter.

---

huge applause for gregory. community theater.. give round of applause...learned the song this afternoon.. another round of applause. support community theater.. sc quianna parlor.. lots of yelling...ca..angela fisher.....drum roll.. that almost knocked me off stage.. what was that all about.. whoooo...back stage.. gary leslies. .ethan.. jr...mary allice kim david.. his dad is there tonight.. big round of applause for the crew.. 4 days away.. look at you dressed up like a christmas tree.. so colorful...give hug person next to you. DSIAFCD

--

many community theatre groups there tonight....quianna parlor...angela fisher.......laughter at something....amazing talented people on stage.....talented people back stage....gregorys dad is there tonight...round of applause for the crew......christmas not far away now, look at you you dressed up like a christmas tree, so colorful....give hugs....starting right off with DSIAFC....YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY......

Yay for Good NEws....

the crowed reaction seem really good...

a hug is warmer was sang to angela...

Andy had some family in the audience...

No real special announcement for gregory's absence...

great applause for Gregory

Standing O for TFN...

From CB:

....oh baby that's a fact....ooooohhh my, that sounded AWESOME......belting it out now......don't save it allll christmas day find a way to give a little love every day....find a way cause holidays have come and gone.....give looooove.... here we go....childre knoooooooowwwww, everywhere that theyyyyy go, their whole life long let them know......

LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE....OMG....

YEAH....whoooo baby that was glorious.....holidays come and gone.....yes, yes YES!!!!!

---

how many people are crying.. he is just really putting all of his voice out there.. dont save it all for christmas day finda way.. ...hug warmer with you in it.. oh baby thats a fact...claymates on the floor aisel 1,2,3,4,5 etc...cause that was truly sexy.. they dont matter dont hold backkkkkkkkkkkk how many people in this world..this is one of the best yet..dsiafcd.. find a way to give a little love every day. dsiafcd....find a way.. holidays come and gone..live on give on give loveeeee.. let all the children knowwwwwwwwwww every where that they goooooooooooooooo..hold on its here .. the explosiion of all explosions.. and the crowd has to be on their feet. .still holding noteeeeeeeeeee.. OMG>. thats it.. I am shaking....holidays come and gone.. dsiafcd.. find a way.. he is SOARING.. EXPLODING right before us.. give love.. we gotta give loveeeeeeeeeee MERRY CHRISTMAS CHARLOTTE.. THEY ARE ON THEIR FEET. NEVER TO TOUCH GROUND AGAIN..

---

LOUD, LOUD, LOUD CHEERS AND CLAPPING

Here comes GN....the crowd quiets at once.....ahhhh, beautiful notes floating over the arena.....piano in the background,,,,there he is.....for a moment let your sorrow fade, why oh why are you afraid.......close your eyes...listen to an angel sing.........

---

Clay singing Good News is a little slice of Heaven. I hope he will make it a tradition every year to close his Christmas shows with this song.

----

GN.. music playing.. theater dark.. stage empty.. from out of the darkness stands a lone man..open heart..praising God..and the music from his lips whisper over us all. close your eyes.. bended kneww.. such purity .. such innocents..for you a time of joy..behold a baby boy.. good newsss good newssssssss...hands brushing thru open space..parting the way for good newsssssssssssssssssss..opening hearts and minds.. once again..I leave you with good news.. bow your head speak not a word....and they are absolutely quiet at peace.. on bended kneeeeee ..child grew up to wear the cross.. child grew up to cleans......time of joy.. behold christ a baby boy good newwwwwwwss good newwwwwwwssss he is Gods tool .. our blessing.. i leave you with good newssss..so much faith and hope in his tone..christ the savior christmas day.. he is so clear so wonderful.. break the bread pour the wine.. and angels decend with a heavely sign.. good newwwwwsss good newsssss..and angel brings good news..voice is breaking down heaven doors.. opening it up for us to witness and take.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i bring you good newssss and angel brings good newssssss..think my goosbumps have exploded..I leave you with good newssssssssssssssssssssssss and he drifts away.. he is gone.

---

Thats all for tonight...

I do think he is suffering from a bit of voice strain...he could have a cold...or just tired. I think he will be ok for Raleigh though. you can tell he was holding back a bit to make sure he does well tomorrow.

Well after that a good bit of rest then the last 4 cocnerts.

good night y'all

It figures - the night I tune out of the cellcert early and go to bed, I miss the certers talking to Jaymes Foster Levy.

Recap from the CV:

Sounds like they found Jaymes Foster Levy. She's taking the phone now.

Says hello. Reporter's uncle is famous in the music business and was her boss. He wrote with Carol Bayer Sager.

She's been out of the shows since before Thanksgiving and is happy to be back. She loved Emanuel and happy with Gregory being back.

Tomorrow night should be quite a show. Jaymes happy to be back at the show. Singing always great, more improv in the acting. Allison is so good every night. She missed hearing the singing.

She's here in NC for Christmas and going back to LA for Canadian boxing day.

Can't believe Christmas is here already. Wishes everyone all the best for Christmas and the New Year. Promises new album within the first six months of next year and she PROMISES THE NEW CD WILL BE GOOD.

Raleigh tonight, and you better believe I'm staying tuned in for the whole thing. I have a feeling the show will be amazing.

Here is my sorry recap from Charlotte. I just mean I am a really bad writer. The concert was great...

Charlotte:

My cynical husband and I attended JNT2005. He has bad knees and no fat on his butt, which makes concert going a little difficult. Anyway here is my opinion and his of this concert:

I loved everything about it. The sound was the best I had ever heard. Perhaps our seats were in an ideal location? We were about row 27. I couldn’t see any faces so I had a general view of the proceedings. I felt more involved with the play and did not focus on Clay unless he was singing. At that distance the dancing was great except for a little bit at HYAMLC where Adam appeared to be doing a belly dance while ballroom dancing. But in Raleigh being a lot closer I did not notice this. The vignettes were sweet and the acting good. Clay was in great voice all evening. My husband really enjoyed the first part and agreed that Clay has a great voice.

During the intermission Mr. Fear’s pain intensified so he went to get a drink thinking it might help, but the pain to his wallet was worse as it cost him $20.

Clay sang great as usual but I could tell he wanted to save his voice for Raleigh. Nevertheless the songs of the second half were beautifully sung. No one got up for standing ovations except for the front rows. Most of the people near me did not even clap except after DSIAFCD. One of the ushers told me that people did not know this was going to be a Christmas concert. At least she thought it was great.

During OHN, Clay did a move with his legs that was a little GBOF and Elvis. So far there is no video of this. Mr. Fear did not like Part II at all. He thought it was too religious and would have liked a fun song thrown in there. He also missed the dancers all of whom he really enjoyed in the first part. But over all he enjoyed the concert. I, on the other hand, couldn’t wait to see it again. I really think Clay did a great job with the storyline and meshing the songs into it.