Pin Maker lounge

Ansamcw

Thank you cameocat and Ansamcw! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. cameocat, your theory about the reset date on paypal makes sense to me.

I'm wondering (thinking aloud) if I should wait now until after the holidays. My pin is not holiday themed. Ack! So many things to consider.

As a pin-aholic...I ask you to wait till after the Holidays!!! Just tonight on another board 6 new pins were discussed and will soon be up for sale. The Pin Fans are crying for MERCY.....

cameocat, back me up here please!!

Oh, absolutely - six new pins in two days - it is hard to keep up! There are those of us who really want to have as complete a collection as possible, including me, but financially it is hurting. By throwing pin after pin at us, it's becoming not so much fun as before. Especially with the JNT05 going on and the holidays coming up. I would also implore everyone not to hit January all at once, either. Valentine's Day will be a major target theme, I bet.

So, if your design is not holiday specific, you might do better with sales by waiting until February, March, or even later. If you want happy customers, a lot of happy customers, then put their wishes and their ability to pay first. There will always be a vocal few who will be enablers and try to convince you to do your pin sooner rather than later, but think about it. Would you rather put your pin out now and have trouble selling 100 or so, or put it out in 6 months and easily sell 200 or more?

cameocat......I have decided to put off the production on the "Desperate Clayfans" pin util next year. But If I get permission to use the beautiful picture of Clay on the page before this one......that will definitely get done this year.......as it is themed around Clay's Christmas program.

Thank you for the honest opinions folks. My original plan was to wait until after the holidays even before I read (just today) the pleas on the Clayboard pin thread, and now your responses. My hesitation was because of the nature of the post office at holiday time, and a the time factor for my US buddy who will be doing the actual mailing. But, GAH! It's so easy to get caught up, isn't it? Once I saw the proofs from PP, I wanted to order right away. I'm glad I didn't, because now Jeff tells me his original 'wording' was incorrect, and the design was proofed in offset printed/epoxy domed, which I don't really care for.

What I want is a pin in the style of the Clayboard's 'Always&Forever' or the CH pin. cameocat, I really appreciate your help on TCB - I'm asking again only because the names are similar from company to company and I am extreeemely confuzzled *g*

Thanks for the patience and help. I do appreciate it.

Guest ClayLove24

just thought I would pass this information along....i've used "Quality Lapel Pins" in the past to make a few Clay pins and they have done a really good job. their prices are also very low. Their website is www.qualitylapelpins.com or 1-800-952-0305. anyways..... just thought i'd let everyone know that takes a look at this.