Lets talk about pins

Ansamcw

So seriously...how many pins did y'all buy?

this list was put together by NCgurrl of the CH and modified by Ansa there are 154 pins listed here:

2004 Maine pre-concert party pin 1

ABBroads Pin 1

Aikenology (Members Only) 1

Alberta Clay Fans 1

All Things Clay Aiken 1

Art of Clay 1

Baltimore Fans (members only) 1

Blinking Juke Box 1

Bolt 1

California Chicks for Clay 1

California Clay Fans 2

Central Ohio Clay Fans 1

Charlotte (Members Only) 1

Charlotte Claymates 1

Chautauqua 1

Christians for Clay 1

ClackHouse 4

ClayAiken.com 1

Clay Aiken Jukebox Tour DVD 1

Clay Aiken Kids Cluppy 1

Clay Aiken Kids Rainbow 1

Clay Aiken Media Hub (Members Only) 1

Clay Aiken Photos Pin 1

Clay AIken Please Click Here 1

Clayathomemoms pin 1

ClayBoard (CB) 3

ClayDawgs 1

ClayDream Believers (CDB) 1

Clay Hui Hawaii 2

Claymaniacs 2

Claynadians 3

ClayNation Chicago 1

Clay Thud 1

ClayTrain 1

ClayTruth (Members Only) 1

Clayversity (CV) 1

Clayversity smut bus 1

Clayzee Trader Pin 1

Click & Clack Pin 1

Colorado Clay Fans 1

Delaware Clay Pin 1

District of Clay 1

Finding Clay Aiken 1

Florida Clay Fans 1

FloridaCH 1

Generation Clay (Members Only) 1

Georgia Clay Fans 1

Got Tickets Pin 1

Heartful House (HH) 4

Houston Clay Fans 1

Indiana Clay Pin 1

Inspir_Aiken 2

Kansas City Clay Fans 1

Kansas City Boots 1

Kingdom of Do Me 1

JBT concert series (one for every concert) 25

Jerome pins 1

Jukebox Musical Journey Tour Pin 1

Jukebox Tour CD Pin (hinged) 1

Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken (LBFCA) 1

Librarians Rawk 1

Make a difference 1

Measure of a Fan 1

MiClayNation (Michigan Clay Nation) 1

MiClayNation Thud pin 1

MidAtlantic Clay Fans 1

Milk pin 1

Minnesota Clay Fans 1

New England Clay Fans 1

New York Loves Clay Pin 1

NY Clay 1

No Clack 1

North Carolina Clay Pin 2

North Jersey Clay Fans 1

O Pin 1

Ohio Clay Fans 1

OKClayFans 1

Omaha Clay Pin 1

Orlando Clay Fans 2

Our Man Clay 1

PAClayFans 1

Perfect Day for Clay 2

Philadelphia Clay Fans 1

Pray for Clay Aiken 1

PROC FLAG Pin 1

Proud to be series 5

Raleigh Claymates 2

Raleigh Claymates Laurie McAdams pin 1

Raleigh PRoC 1

Raleigh Fan (dog) 1

Rebels For Clay Aiken 1

Red Hot Topics (RHT) 1

South Carolina Pin 1

South Florida Fans (members only) 1

South Jersey Clay Fans 1

SW Ohio Clay Fans 1

Tennessee 1

Texas Clay Fans 1

That’s the Clay (TTC) 1

Tsathy 1

THUD Pin 1

THUD EMS 1

Virginia Lovers 1

What a ride 1 (hinged)

Weapons of Mass Seduction (WMS) 1

West Virginia Clay Fans 1

Wild For Clay 1

woodshed pin 1

Blue pins are the newest additions

The bolded pins are the ones we don;t have on the FCA gallery...I would really like to complete that gallery so if anyone knows who I can contact to get proofs or mock ups of these pins I would really appreciate it.

At this point I would like to let people know that we also have a Pin gallery in the fan forum...just click on the gallery link under the banner and it will take you to the pin gallery. We have a full gallery and a gallery of pins that are still available...as well as pin design gallery, a place where members can get feedback on designs they are developing. Feel free to explore this feature and leave comments, rate the pins and even send them as ecards.

If the availability of the pins change please pm me so I can update the gallery ...thanx

If you know of any pins that is not in this list please post about it so we can keep the list updated.

To be honest, I was so busy doing the selling, that the buying was not much for me. I did get a few, maybe 6 different pins with some multiples of certain ones. By the time I got to the buying part, they were all sold out! LOL

d

To be honest, I was so busy doing the selling, that the buying was not much for me.  I did get a few, maybe 6 different pins with some multiples of certain ones.  By the time I got to the buying part, they were all sold out!  LOL

d

Yup me too... and seriously ...Toronto is calling and I need to save for my 14 hour train ride. Totally worth it for my first concert.

SO now I really just have 6 different pins...but I guess I will have to trade for some of my favorites.

Well I've bought about 35 different pins and I think I got some deadlines coming up I don't want to miss. I'd have at leaset 5 more but I missed the dealines..Thud pin I'm looking at you. Hopefully I'll be able to trade for it later.

I do need to slow down because my trip to see Clay next month has turned into a 5 concert odyssey plus I want to throw in NYC at the end. I've already spent enough to have paid for a couple of hotel nights. But they are all so creative and pretty -- can't help myself.

At the beginning of the pin craze, was just going to get a few from each of the boards or sites that I post on or use regularly. HOWEVER, that concept soon bit the dust.

Am now on a quest to get a copy of each pin out there. The longer this goes on, the faster you have to be on the "buy" button because they are selling out faster and faster. Like most of you, missed out on a few of the early pins and am looking to trade for those. Hope too that some "members only" pins will be available for trade.

This whole thing has taken off in a way that makes me feel he knows we lurve him, and will be staying around for as long as he is. And, if as I expect, that will be a long time, these pins might have collectible value. Even if they don't, they are getting more and more beautiful and I intend to frame the collection rather than wear it.

Good grief, I could set off metal detectors at airports just carrying them on planes!

I'd like to remind people that we have started a pin trading section where people can post about what they are looking for and what they have to offer...good way of completing the 2005 series.

I predict the Pin thing will be here to stay...just like the different boards for CLay, the cellcerts, the concert get togethers...its just something else that will make our fandom unique.

I see this developing like stamp collecting...there will be different series that could be collected...e.g. the states series....wouldn't it be cool if we could complete all 50 states...then there is the board/fan group series...the JBT concert series.

Then we can do different designs for the upcoming CD release...etc.

Is there any other celebrities/artist out there that have a series of pins?

I looked at my Paypal account the other day, and it added up to somewhere north of $125. Yikes!!, to say the least.

I feel incredibly lucky to have been puttering around the Clackhouse the evening Artquest put the Jukebox pins up for sale - I would normally have been in bed by that time. Since I don't want to clank through my concert, I am planning to limit myself to wearing only that pin. Is it wrong that I have been studying the picture of the proof intently, so I can chose the color of t-shirt that will show it off the best? I only have a month to think about it - preplanning is essential!

Well, pre-Clay I was an avid stamp collector, so it didn't take long for the collector in me to jump into the pin craze with both feet. My paypal account hasn't seen this much activity. It would be much easier to list the pins I have NOT bought than the ones I have. I will definitely be heading over to the trading thread.

Well, pre-Clay I was an avid stamp collector, so it didn't take long for the collector in me to jump into the pin craze with both feet.  My paypal account hasn't seen this much activity. It would be much easier to list the pins I have NOT bought than the ones I have.  I will definitely be heading over to the trading thread.

Well, pre-Clay I quilted, had grown children living at home, one grandchild, and some sort of life! Now I have a lot of material that is gathering dust, my kids are (somewhere in the US I know) and my grandchild (19 months) just pulled the wallpaper off the wall by my front door (so I know where he is for sure)! :D My paypal is pretty overloaded too! I'm waiting for the bank to call to see if I've lost my mind! (Yes, I have-deal with it!) :lol: Also, heading to trading post!

Annie

Honestly  , it would be so much simpler to answer  how many pins I DIDN'T buy .  Seriously .

Does the Woodshed actually have a pin ?  I found a dog tag  , but no sign of a pin .

Yes, the Woodshed has a pin and tags and a keychain. The proofs aren't posted yet and we are currently testing the ordering page with our members. We will be taking orders from the general public later this week. Keep checking the gallery for the proofs. They will be up shortly!!!!!!! Yippee, we are so excited!!!!

I have "bought" three pins that were for fundraisers and a couple as gifts for other people, but haven't had a chance to buy any others for myself. They are all so beautiful, it would be hard for me to pick just a few.

I have been monitoring and either PMing or emailing to get a pin from each board as part of a shadowbox gift for Clay and have been able to get around 102 or so pins pledged for the project....that has been very fun and rewarding!

I've always been a little slow as a collector....I'm still looking for a pet rock. LOL

*walks up to podium and taps mic*

Ahhhhh, I'm missmobius, ahhhh, and I'm a pinaholic.

This is totally me. Except my name's not missmobius.

I started out only planning on getting pins from the boards I frequent or the fan groups I belong to, and of course, the clack sites. Then I saw the pin from Clay Dream Believers and HAD to have it. The rest is history.

On my list, the pins I didn't get is much, much, much shorter than the pins I did. I refuse to add up my PayPal charges.

I'm glad to see the trading thread. My concerts are early and I won't have a good number of the pins I bought for trading by the time I leave home (traveling from CA). See you all there!

:lol: I posted on CH that I was going to be featured on "Intervention" on A&E tonight for Clay pin collecting. A couple of people actually thought I was serious. I have been giggling every since reading the posts.

Anyway, I think I have bought enough pins and I need to start trading. Now if I can decide if I can wear 70+ pins at one time. Watch out metal detectors, here I come.

Bwah! Chrysador.

This pin craze for me has been tons of fun. It's made me more excited for the tour. It's been a great diversion from angst. I've spent way too much money but I'm sure I would have spent it on some other less enjoyable hobby. The funny thing is, I probably will never wear any of my pins. It is definitely just a new collecting hobby for me.

I have actually started expanding my collection. My son works at Sesame Place & now I have a Grover pin. My husband travels alot for work & is always struggling trying to find gifts for me. He is now in Japan & I told him to get me pins. I was aim'ing with him tonight & he told me he found a pin for me. I can't wait to see it. It will be proudly displayed with my *cough70+Claypinscough*

Ooo saying that outloud makes me look obsessed. Ah well, if the shoe fits. :lol:

I must admit that for me it isn't the pins. It is anything to do with Clay. From my first glimpse of him on AI2 on tv and then the tour, I was hooked. My first purchase was the graduation program with Clay's name in it. Then came the Bobblehead, and all the magazines I could find, and the merchandise (one shirt to wear, one shirt to keep safe), and TBAF gifts and downloading clack, and now the pins. Oh, and let's not forget all the concerts I go to within a reasonable distance. (But honey, Baltimore really isn't that far away from NY!)

Yeah, well, I think I'd better step up to the mic and say:

I'm a Clayaholic and dang proud of it! :lol:

I live in Brazil, so getting the pins is very difficult. I got some, but I am way behind. I am trying to do the Clay Aiken Brazilian Fan CLub. It was made by AikenAllTheTime (thanks AATT, you´re the best). But I will not sell it, I am making them for trade at the concerts I am attending. The mailing from Brazil is very dificult.

couchtomato I have thought about doing the same thing. There are several sites that sell the frames with foam? to stick the pins in. They are very expensive. I think the cheapest one I found was about $60. I would really like to see one in person so I can see what the material is inside. I'm not sure what it would cost to make your own. Shadow boxes can't be that expensive.

Lucia, your pin sounds like a great idea. What concerts will you be going to?

couchtomato I have thought about doing the same thing.  There are several sites that sell the frames with foam? to stick the pins in.  They are very expensive.  I think the cheapest one I found was about $60.  I would really like to see one in person so I can see what the material is inside.  I'm not sure what it would cost to make your own.  Shadow boxes can't be that expensive. 

Lucia, your pin sounds like a great idea.  What concerts will you be going to?

I am going to:

August

15 - Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion

16 - Toledo, OH - Zoo Amphitheater

18 - Indianapolis, IN - Indiana State Fair

19 - Interlochen, MI - Interlochen Center

21 - Meadville, PA - Crawford County Fair

Lucia couldn't you partner with someone here in the states that will take care of the mailing and packaging. That is what was so great about having a partner in taking care of this. I live in Canada so the mailing wouldn't be practical on my side. So Couchie had to take care of all those. But what I did was to organize the orders as they come in so that it would be much easier for her during packing. I didn;t feel so useless and we didn't feel so harrassed all the time. Although I hope its not too stressful for Couchie now as she sends them off in the mail. <_<

Anyway, I hope we get to see your pin...you could still put it up on FCA...I'm sure it will be a hot item during concert trading...