Lets talk about pins

Ansamcw

I finally bought a shadowbox at Michael's(9X20). It already has a black "fuzzy" backing that I just stuck the pins through...right now I have the backing on the pins but I think that I will have to remove them when I put the back on the frame. They are stuck in so tight I don't think they can move.

Here are the links to the two photos I took the other night....more pins have already been added. As you can see, I still have room for more pins and I can move them around if I need to. What do y'all think? (Just ignore all the "junk" on the page....I didn't feel like cleaning it up!)

Full view

Close up view

I do love the looks of that shadow box, Sue Bee. Not happy with the one I got at Hobby Lobby as I would have to buy my own backing and I don't want to mess with it.

I think I will return it today and head to Michaels even though it is quite a ways from where I live.

Edited by Mazee

My name is Beverly, and I am a pinaholic.

I first thought that I would buy 10 of both of the Kansas City pins because Kansas City Clay Fans is my local club. Out of those, I was going to trade them at the concerts. Then I started seeing the pins. (thanks Karen and Elaine, I owe you both on this one.) Now I can't stop! Heck, I even have a "pin broker" that I go to for my missing pins. My husband just looks away. :D

My name is Beverly, and I am a pinaholic. 

I first thought that I would buy 10 of both of the Kansas City pins because Kansas City Clay Fans is my local club.  Out of those, I was going to trade them at the concerts.  Then I started seeing the pins.  (thanks Karen and Elaine, I owe you both on this one.)  Now I can't stop!  Heck, I even have a "pin broker" that I go to for my missing pins.  My husband just looks away.  :D

A pin broker? :lol: Care to elaborate on how that works?

Hi! I'm a newbie and wondered if someone could direct me to a post showing some of the newer pins available to order. I've collected about 20 during the JBT and ordered a view online but I can't remember what board I saw pictures of all the pins old and new. Can anyone help? Thanks. Kim, NJ

Hi! I'm a newbie and wondered if someone could direct me to a post showing some of the newer pins available to order.  I've collected about 20 during the JBT and ordered a view online but I can't remember what board I saw pictures of all the pins old and new.  Can anyone help? Thanks. Kim, NJ

Just go here. Most pins get placed on this page when they go on sale.

So seriously...how many pins did y'all buy?

this list was put together by NCgurrl of the CH and modified by Ansa there are 154 pins listed here:

2004 Maine pre-concert party pin 1

ABBroads Pin 1

Aikenology (Members Only) 1

Alberta Clay Fans 1

All Things Clay Aiken 1

Art of Clay 1

Baltimore Fans (members only) 1

Blinking Juke Box 1

Bolt 1

California Chicks for Clay 1

California Clay Fans 2

Central Ohio Clay Fans 1

Charlotte (Members Only) 1

Charlotte Claymates 1

Chautauqua 1

Christians for Clay 1

ClackHouse 4

ClayAiken.com 1

Clay Aiken Jukebox Tour DVD 1

Clay Aiken Kids Cluppy 1

Clay Aiken Kids Rainbow 1

Clay Aiken Media Hub (Members Only) 1

Clay Aiken Photos Pin 1

Clay AIken Please Click Here 1

Clayathomemoms pin 1

ClayBoard (CB) 3

ClayDawgs 1

ClayDream Believers (CDB) 1

Clay Hui Hawaii 2

Claymaniacs 2

Claynadians 3

ClayNation Chicago 1

Clay Thud 1

ClayTrain 1

ClayTruth (Members Only) 1

Clayversity (CV) 1

Clayversity smut bus 1

Clayzee Trader Pin 1

Click & Clack Pin 1

Colorado Clay Fans 1

Delaware Clay Pin 1

District of Clay 1

Finding Clay Aiken 1

Florida Clay Fans 1

FloridaCH 1

Generation Clay (Members Only) 1

Georgia Clay Fans 1

Got Tickets Pin 1

Heartful House (HH) 4

Houston Clay Fans 1

Indiana Clay Pin 1

Inspir_Aiken 2

Kansas City Clay Fans 1

Kansas City Boots 1

Kingdom of Do Me 1

JBT concert series (one for every concert) 25

Jerome pins 1

Jukebox Musical Journey Tour Pin 1

Jukebox Tour CD Pin (hinged) 1

Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken (LBFCA) 1

Librarians Rawk 1

Make a difference 1

Measure of a Fan 1

MiClayNation (Michigan Clay Nation) 1

MiClayNation Thud pin 1

MidAtlantic Clay Fans 1

Milk pin 1

Minnesota Clay Fans 1

New England Clay Fans 1

New York Loves Clay Pin 1

NY Clay 1

No Clack 1

North Carolina Clay Pin 2

North Jersey Clay Fans 1

O Pin 1

Ohio Clay Fans 1

OKClayFans 1

Omaha Clay Pin 1

Orlando Clay Fans 2

Our Man Clay 1

PAClayFans 1

Perfect Day for Clay 2

Philadelphia Clay Fans 1

Pray for Clay Aiken 1

PROC FLAG Pin 1

Proud to be series 5

Raleigh Claymates 2

Raleigh Claymates Laurie McAdams pin 1

Raleigh PRoC 1

Raleigh Fan (dog) 1

Rebels For Clay Aiken 1

Red Hot Topics (RHT) 1

South Carolina Pin 1

South Florida Fans (members only) 1

South Jersey Clay Fans 1

SW Ohio Clay Fans 1

Tennessee 1

Texas Clay Fans 1

That’s the Clay (TTC) 1

Tsathy 1

THUD Pin 1

THUD EMS 1

Virginia Lovers 1

What a ride 1 (hinged)

Weapons of Mass Seduction (WMS) 1

West Virginia Clay Fans 1

Wild For Clay 1

woodshed pin 1

Blue pins are the newest additions

The bolded pins are the ones we don;t have on the FCA gallery...I would really like to complete that gallery so if anyone knows who I can contact to get proofs or mock ups of these pins I would really appreciate it.

At this point I would like to let people know that we also have a Pin gallery in the fan forum...just click on the gallery link under the banner and it will take you to the pin gallery. We have a full gallery and a gallery of pins that are still available...as well as pin design gallery, a place where members can get feedback on designs they are developing. Feel free to explore this feature and leave comments, rate the pins and even send them as ecards.

If the availability of the pins change please pm me so I can update the gallery ...thanx

If you know of any pins that is not in this list please post about it  so we can keep the list updated.

How 'bout the now famous "Clay-liens" pins from Roswell, both the Red and Blue versions?

ETA: So sorry...I'm super behind on updating that list...the pins are almost double that number now...oh took out your double posts too...Ansa

Wow, this pin thing really started flying past me. I just finally gave up keeping up. Now I will buy one a month or so. I am happy for people who can keep up, can you adopt me?

Mostly I just admire the intelligence and/or creativityof the pindesigns.

StrangersToFriendsMap-Final.jpg

More than half of these are sold already - if you are interested, please send a pre-order to the email address below!!

300 pins are being manufactured.....ordering is limited to 2 pins per person or Paypal Account

Each pin shipped to a US address will be less than $3.50 (all fees included)

Each pin shipped to an International address will be less than $4.00 (all fees included)

If you wish to pre-order this pin, please send an email to FriendsMap @hotmail.com (remove space). Please indicate the number of pins being ordered in the subject line and include your name and mailing address in the message.

Payment instructions (via Paypal ONLY) will be emailed to you no later than Monday 10/17.

Thanks for your interest in this pin!!

Edited by WNYClayFan

I just got shipping dates for the two sets of pins I've been waiting (and waiting and waiting - oh, wait. That's whining, and this is a no whining zone. Sorry.) for.

36242443-S.jpg

The Jukebox DVD hinged pins are set to ship on October 18th.

36055860-S.jpg

The Holiday Gift Pin is set to ship on October 22nd.

We'll see. * Artquest crosses fingers, toes and eyes. * Start looking for them in your mailboxes about 8-10 days after the shipping date. Those on the waiting lists for these pins should hear something about the same time - about 8-10 days after the shipping date.

Yikes - learn from my mistake! I was looking over my PayPal account, and found that one of my orders / payments hadn't gone through because I missed an "S" in the e-mail address. Of course, the pin is now sold out, so I'm out of luck. The moral of the story: Double-check that e-mail address when you are initiating a payment!! [This is also why I like the pages that have an "Add to your cart" button; less opportunity for me to screw up!]

Yikes - learn from my mistake!  I was looking over my PayPal account, and found that one of my orders / payments hadn't gone through because I missed an "S" in the e-mail address.  Of course, the pin is now sold out, so I'm out of luck.  The moral of the story:  Double-check that e-mail address when you are initiating a payment!!  [This is also why I like the pages that have an "Add to your cart" button;  less opportunity for me to screw up!]

Oh, no! I've run into this sort of thing before, so I always check to see if Paypal identifies the email address as a known member. What pin was it? Have you been able to trade for it?

Looking forward to receiving the pins, artquest!

Thanks for the advice, cameocat. I'll definitely pay more attention in the future. In the meantime, I checked my pending list, and discovered I have 34 other pins coming (yikes!), so I'll get over the one I missed out on.

Can't wait for your pins to finally arrive, artquest, and so much appreciate all the work you put in on them, and all the hassle you had to go through to get them manufactured properly. Smooches to you!