The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

But I think the clue said they had to take their gear. If they didn't do that, they might have had a time penalty.

TK looks a little frazzled at this point, doesn't he?

Go Ron! That was fantastic for him. I'm surprised that Christina is having problems, though.

WOOHOO!!! Good job TK and Rachel!!!! That's so fantastic for them. They showed that staying calm, cool and collected during the race does the best.

Good job Ron and Chris. I really think they both learned from each other, and it was so cool to watch them together.

Good job Nick and Don. A 69 year old finalist is outstanding, no matter how you look at it.

What a great finale.

couchie, the final roadblock involved items from each country they were at. They had to place 10 of them on a stage....but there were rules, such as "3 must be animals or animal by-products." It was very confusing to me.

I just realized....two weeks ago, TK and Rachel were LAST. Almost got eliminated. This week...they won. That's amazing.

That was a great ending and a great season. I don't think there was really any scheming going on...just straight forward racing.

I do feel bad that ultimately it was Christina that made them lose. She was so great in everything else...too bad she panicked in the end.

But TK and Rachel were great...and its good to see the good guys winning.

I lost my internet connection right as the show was coming on, so I didn't get to comment along with you. I loved the outcome! I loved at the end when TK said something about proving that nice guys can finish first. They were nice guys, didn't crap on their fellow travellers, weren't mean and scheming, no cheating and remained nice to each other.

As for Grandpa, I was amazed to see that 69 year old man climb up the ice wall. Verrrry impressive.

This was a fun season (except for N&J) . I'm always disappointed when the season ends.

This is from Ron and Christina...and I think it's very cool.

Ronald & Christina from The Amazing Race 12

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting our page.

We are very grateful to have been a part of The Amazing Race 12 and feel lucky to be able to share our adventures with you. Having raced 2 legs in Burkina Faso, we have fond memories of the wonderful people in Bingo and Ouagadougou, and we'd like to give back by raising money for a local orphanage there in the village of Yako (we tried to find an orphanage in Bingo but were unsuccessful).

"WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!" and "TIGER FATHER TIGER DAUGHTER" Chinese character shirts will open up for bidding this Wed, Jan 23rd. All shirts are in good condition and have been worn only around the world in Los Angeles, Ireland, Netherlands, Burkina Faso, Lithuania, Croatia, Italy, India, Japan, Taiwan and Alaska! Please take a minute to bid on one of these 7 shirts and know that your donations will be going straight to help orphans in Burkina Faso. All listings will be posted at the bottom of this page under "Item."

All auctions will begin on Wed, Jan 23rd and end on Sun, Feb 2nd.

Burkina Faso has one of the lowest GDP per capita incomes in the world and is the 27th poorest nation. Most children do not have access to primary education.

ALL EARNINGS FROM THE AUCTION LISTINGS WILL BE DONATED TO SHELTERING WINGS ( http://www.sheltering-wings.org/). Sheltering Wings is an orphanage in Yako, Burkina Faso that has cared for over 100 orphans and continues to provide shelter and care to children who have lost their parents and have no access to primary education. It is a tax exempt charitable organization.

Thanks again for watching this season of The Amazing Race and for all your support. We have grown so much closer because of the experience and are incredibly grateful to have been able to share each adventure with you!

I watched TK & Rachel get their check this morning on the CBS morning show. I was surprised because most of the time they have all of the teams on and talk to all of the top three teams....but this time it was just Phil Harry & the winners.

Said they are still together and committed.

But Harry was almost begging for an on-air proposal.

Sheesh. No pressure guys.

This is from the zap2it reality forums

CBS Doubles Up on ‘Race’

The CBS 2008-09 schedule just got a little more “Amazing.”

The network has decided to double its order of the Emmy-winning reality show for next season. While one edition had already been greenlit, CBS told producers on Tuesday that it was ordering a second edition of the show.

That sets the stage for two installments of “Race” to air next season.

CBS isn’t commenting on its scheduling plans, but based on the network’s past actions, it probably will air one edition of the show in the fall and another next spring.

Well I think the only couple I intensely dislike is the older separated couple. That is not a good dynamic and not sure it's one I care to watch play out. I like the Geeks and Mom & Son also.

I don't like the couple that was in the lead for a while - she seems OTT. First trying to make friends and then, when the other team were just racing, she turned rather strongly against them. Wack. <g>

I was watching, but I was also updating the Fast Forward (HA!) News Section of FCA here (Clay coming out is MAJOR media!!!), so I think I missed a lot.

My favorites, hands down, are the geeks. Which means, of course, they are going to come in 4th place. No seriously, I really like them and their style. The Mom and Son could be cool too. I'm not crazy about the frat boys, and the couple with the girl in the glasses (Heidi is right, they led for a bit). It's a little too soon, though, to make much in the way of decisions, IMO.

I would have done the knee thing, hands down, even after having knee surgery earlier this year.