The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

I'm reviving this thread, because I'm really pumped for this!

The Amazing Race, All Stars!

There are several teams I'm glad to see in this -- Team CHA CHA, and Uchenna and Joyce. I also had a soft spot for Terri and Ian, even though they bickered like crazy at each other.

OTOH...can we just get rid of the Romber now?!?!?! Ugh. But...maybe them competing with Team Guido (the ORIGINAL manipulating team) will be very interesting. I'm also not happy to see Charla and Mirna and the BQ's.

Can't wait! Will we have a chat at FCA?

Some of my favorite teams, (except Romber - Rob gave a quote the other day saying he and his wife worked in the reality business when asked what they did at the end of filming thier reality series.) are appearing. I a,m just sad the clowns are not in it instead of another team and glad taht Fran(?) (I want to quit) is not in it. Also glad the brother and sister are not here either. They were nice but really gave off a weird vibe.

Yeah, I'm sad the clowns aren't in this one either. I really liked them. The other team I wish was appearing was the brother team of Ken and Gerard -- total opposites in RL, but they looked like they had a blast working together.

Agree that if Fran was appearing, I'd be poking a spork into my eyes right about now. Same with Colin and Christie (although I hear she's pregnant) and that other jerk couple (who I can see clearly, but have mentally blocked their names, probably for good reason. They just recently had a baby together...poor kid).

Which brother/sister team are you talking about play? My mind is blanking at the moment.

I hope Kentucky have just as much fun this time as they did last time.

So many we are glad to miss, heh, the hippies were fun, would be nice to see them with the chachas - there were similarities as well as gross differneces. Basically they both enjoyed themselves.

The brother and sister were from Texas and they came in third on the 2nd show, I think, the one with the Chachas. They had an odd way of talking together in bed that skeeved me out for no good reason, just did.

play, your "hint" didn't give me much, so I still had to look them up...but now I remember. Blake & Paige, and yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I liked them, don't get me wrong, but they were AWFULLY familiar with each other too.

Man, I just spent some time looking at the old web pages for all the seasons of TAR. Good times, good times. I've watched it since the middle of season 1 (actually read a review of it that said "if you watch only one reality show, make it this one," and I though "OK") and have been hooked ever since. Within the past year I rewatched season 1 on DVD, and was amazed at the changes the show has been through.

That reminds me...I need to see if other seasons are on DVD and add them to the Netflix que....

YAY...its on.

I know ldyjocelyn don;t care from Rob and Amber...but I love them...but I fear they will get too cocky and make a huge mistake...I think that was what I was so impressed with them before ...they barely made mistakes...

oh gosh Kevin and Drew are so out of shape!!!

Oswald and Danny are Team Cha Cha -- the Latino gay guys.

I'm sick of Mirna already. Shut up with the rapido, OK?

Hee. I like all the teams you hate. <g> I just think that Charla is so tough for having what most would consider a disadvantage.

Okay, I like Cha Cha, but I really like the older gay guys as well. I think the only team I don't like so far is the Beauty Queens.

Oh, I agree with you on Charla. I just can't stand Mirna. And it looks like they may have screwed up big time.

Yeah, Team Guido is pretty cool too. I'm actually very interested to see how they will interact with the Romber. The original backstabber team for TAR with the most famous ones.

I also have a soft spot for Teri and Ian too. He can be a major crab, but for some reason I liked him.

The guidos post on TWOP all the time, they follow each show and have plenty to say. They got a bad rap in the first show, being the villians. They did a lot of nice things and one really, really big stupid thing.

Oh, clue me in!! I missed the first few seasons of this show, and now I'm a total addict. <g>

Which team is Cha Cha???? I hope Joyce and Uchena catch up - and Kentucky too.

oh they are the ones that came in second...they usually like to have more fun...take things a bit light.

I;m glad they came in second

Romber is off to a great start...they haven;t really changed that much seem to still love each other very much. I was worried about that. Cos this is a real happy ending for these reality shows.

So sorry for John Vitto and Jill I loved them during their season...what bad luck.

The bad thing was when other teams got an earlier flight and they had to rush tothe plane, they tried to block them and it became a small international incident with airport police involved.

But they gave a hint to Emily's team when they were behind and they had won the fast forward.

The big mistake was believing someone when they went to get a bus, the woman obviously misunderstood them and told them there were no busses for 12 hours and they believed her and went to a hotel for a nap. All teams passed them at that point.

Heidi, you can rent the first season of TAR on DVD. My husband and I did that. I hated Team Guido the first time around, but watching them again on DVD, they really weren't that bad. Pushy at a gate or two, more than anything else.

Their really big mistake? They assumed about a bus leaving, didn't try to find alternative transportation, and ended up almost a day behind the first two teams. It was actually quite funny.

Man, I could have sworn the frat boys would be toast tonight. I'm sad for John Vito and Jill.