Banner Contest - announcement and rules

Couch Tomato

BANNER CONTEST

This contest is now closed...voting is open here.

Winning banner to be used for FCA forums. Clay’s new look must be included in banner.
The dimensions should be 780 X 258 pixels. It must include our name and tag line
FINDING CLAY AIKEN
FAN FORUM
WHERE FANS OF CLAY COME TO PLAY

MAXIMUM: 2 ENTRIES PER PERSON

Submisison date deadline: October 28th

Submit banners to: contest@findingclayaiken.com

Voting: October 29th - November 5th

Winner announced: November 6th

1st prize Clay stuff gift basket including Linda Huber clay print, Clay concert DVDs and other Clay goodies
2nd prize – clay stuff gift basket including RCA promo poster
3rd prize – clay stuff gift basket

ALL OF THE BANNERS WILL BE POSTED IN THE CONTEST FORUM AS THEY COME IN. THE VOTING THREAD WILL BE SET UP BY OCTOBER 29TH ONCE ALL THE ENTRIES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED.

Can we submit more than one banner?

MAXIMUM - 2 ENTRIES PER PERSON

I was thinking that I might just post the name of the banner and not the one that made it so it will be all even...but once we have the winner we will give everyone credit and continue to keep the banner up for everyone to see.

what do y'all think...

I'm looking forward to participating in the contest. I think that voting *blind* is the best way. It's easy enough to add a signature later, should the entry win.

What about photo credit? I like to acknowledge the photographer within the graphic. And are 'official' photos allowed? Screencaps?

One last question: Do you want the FCA logo to be incorporated (the linked letters), or are you going for a whole new look?

Ooops, one more question. :blink: Not to be picky but, is it 'Where Clay Fans Come To Play' or 'Where Fans Of Clay Come to Play (as in the current banner).

Edited by cindilu2

Hi cindilu,

yep, that's why we are having them emailed...then Ansa and I will post them without screen names... then people won't be giving sympathy votes to thier friends heee.

oops yes on the photo credit

yes on official photos and screencaps

You do not have to use the linked FCA that Ansa came up with.

and it is where fans of clay come to play

oops changed it... but won't hold it against anyone who didn't see the change...

i'm from the philippines and i'm not a member....I was curious if I could join. :) I saw the thing and felt like joining...so...:D

EEEEEE you're from the Philippnes...Mabuhay!!!

fellow Pinay here...I would love to see Clay promoted back home...do you have ATDW there? I really think he will be a hit if they release and promote him there.

please join us...there are lots of fun spots on this board...and you can chat with me and let me know whats up in Manila. Haven't been back since 1999....

I tried registering before but I couldn't...

I don't know what to put in the "Board Name" and "Home Board" area...

I want to register though. :)

^^^Yes, I have ATDW. They released it here on the same day but it wasn't promoted. Basically...they put it out but no one knows of it. It has no airplay and no posters. Sad...I know. How I wish the Clay Craze would come here...or maybe just clay...:D

-Nicki/Rhymingpanda

I tried registering before but I couldn't...

I don't know what to put in the "Board Name" and "Home Board" area...

I want to register though. :)

^^^Yes, I have ATDW. They released it here on the same day but it wasn't promoted. Basically...they put it out but no one knows of it. It has no airplay and no posters. Sad...I know. How I wish the Clay Craze would come here...or maybe just clay...:D

-Nicki/Rhymingpanda

No need to put anythin on there you should be able to register without them. If you have more problems let us know.

yeah sad...hoepfully they will do so next year or something. I think he will need to "visit" asia first, do some tv and print interviews maybe sing in a show or two...Hopefully the next CD will have full promotions.

is it okay if we sumbitted a .psd file? if you don't want a .psd file, I can re-email them as .jpg.

thanks.

just emailed my entires in.

:)

Oh I would appreciate it if its in jpeg or gif...its just easier to upload...

ok thanks.

I guess I'll re-send them.

you'll get them in a few minutes.

thanks.

:)

ETA: i sent two emails, the first one doesn't have the .jpg files, the second email does.

i'm such in a hurry that I forgot to add the files. :(

hopefully you got them.

Edited by ClaytonAikenFan86

I sent an entry in.

I know this prob isn't the place, but I registered a couple of days ago and was able to log in. However, when I just tried to log in it said "Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details." :unsure:

I sent an entry in.

I know this prob isn't the place, but I registered a couple of days ago and was able to log in. However, when I just tried to log in it said "Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details." :unsure:

Can you use the contest email address and send me your username for this board so I can see what happened to your membership. sorry for the inconvenience.

So many great entries! Can't they all just win? :lol:

I know..I may have to do a rotating banner cos they are all soo good...

but I guess the prizes will have to go to only three unfortunately....

So many great entries! Can't they all just win? :lol:

I know..I may have to do a rotating banner cos they are all soo good...

but I guess the prizes will have to go to only three unfortunately....

I was wondering if you were able to do a rotating one. I'd think that'd be awesome. ^_^