• Right Here Waiting
    • Lonely No More
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
    • When I See You Smile
    • A Thousand Days
    • Lover All Alone (bonus track 1)

Sigh...is it to far to run to Quebec.

I love the combination of guitar and strings. really very lush instrumentation.

I also specially enjoyed the really funny phrasing of the words.

It seems awkward but really effective...

love the layering of this song...we really need lots of Clay for this on concert

maybe he can have video in the background...taking different parts...sigh.

if he better use a male back up in the concert ....

Muski doesn't work the mouse for me very well...

anyway, i love this song also. And I really wish one of the original songs had been sent to radio. I don't even listen to it but it's a fresh sounding song, yet it sounds like Clay. I think I understand what they were thinking, although I don't like it, and I don't think they gave him enough credit for being able to sell himself just by singing the shit out of it.

I can see major audience swaying to this in concert!

I think with such a cover heavy album they had to send (and I use that term loosely!) a cover to radio, but I wish this was what he sang when he didn't sing WY instead of that damn spinning ball song!

Oh I can't wait til we get hear that one! ;)

I like it, not my favorite, but hey it's good.

another brilliant musical analysis brought to you by Play, where is that damn dog wit her ball. Now she has to fall asleep, while I am making a fool of myself!.

me and you babe..i have absolutely nothing insightful to say..thank muski for helping me find the word i was looking for.\

muski here....oooh he sounds really good on that first 'another day' ....he falls into a whisper...damn, i like how he says lots of words in this song. and the end...baby, baby....

See forever the optimist here...if they want to do a second wave of promo and promote something on radio this is my number one choice.

this was one of the song I listened to right away since Clay co wrote it...and I instantly loved it...love at first listen which was rare for me...another one that was liek that was LAA and TRD...

and no its not because he co wrote it...heh

I love that little growl in I...can'ts stand...

yeah I like the bridge too, but vocally I thought this is one of the best in the cd... glry notes and subtle tones...and growls and wailing...the best.

Totally with you Ansa, would have been a great single! Would still be!

Without You

The most "traditional" arrangement, IMO...sounds a lot like Nilsson. Don't know the Mariah version at all...it never gets played around here.

Here it comes....low voiced Clay! GUH! This vocalization on the first chorus simply kills me dead.

Maybe I shouldn't have come to the party tonight because. I really do not like this song either.

Can we say BORING????????

I also don't feel any emotion in the verses. He just sounds so disinterested I have to wonder why he's so upset the chick left! :blink:

Edited by Claygasm

but vocally I thought this is one of the best in the cd... glry notes and subtle tones...and growls and wailing...the best.

I agree, ansa (muski)...he does it all here---soft, hard...er, i mean loud...sweet, growly, and i think he sounds soulful....and when he comes at the...i mean, comes in at the end over his own voice.....

hey, hold back on the brew, there, couchie! I only brought ONE six pack! :all_coholic:

Edited to say that i'm talkin' 'bout lnm here, not wy!

Maybe I shouldn't have come to the party tonight because. I really do not like this song.

Can we say BORING????????

I also don't feel any emotion in the verses. He just sounds so disinterested I have to wonder why he's so upset the chick left! :blink:

Nope, not me at all. I really think he puts his heart and soul into this one. He sounds heartbroken to me...and those little catches at the end of this glory note totally SELL me.

Classic Clay...

low notes...and glory notes...and funny sheeeoooowsss.

great wailing in the end.

BUT...I wish they were not too close to the other versions.

When I first heard it I loved it and I thought it was the best track on promo squad...but now I do not listen to it much.

He sounds heartbroken on the second chorus. Absolutely.

Once e starts that wailing I like the song, but its just the first couple of minutes. I sort of tune out during the first 2/3 of the song.

And on his TV appearances, he didn't seem to know what to do at the end. It was very awkward. I did love how he ended it at the Kimmel mini-concert with his little glory note contest with Angela! That was fun!

I think we need little emoticon identifiers for who is speaking under Couchie's id. Or should we just asume smut - Muski?

I actually like this song. It does wear on me, jsut because it is so emotionally wrentching. It is almost too much emotion to bear.

slap!! geesh I'm going ot have to hire a boy to work the mouse.

anyway, i think we all know who is saying what without us identifying ourselves...except when we get to broken wings..all bets are off.

I love without you but it's in the mode of solitaire... it's not contemporary imo and a totally bad choice for single number one considering two other versions can still be heard. but thank god for the low notes in this song and lonely no more because this was what was missing from measure of a man.

if you can't tell...i need a new keyboard.

(But not another beer, couchie...)