Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

I watch House on Mondays, Criminal Minds on Wednesdays, Bones, Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice on Thursdays (if I can stay awake), and now I am really into Jamie's Food Revolution on Fridays! It's only 6 episodes though, and it started last week. I look forward to the return of Glee in April, and True Blood soon (does anyone know when it starts again?) In the meantime, I am reading through the True Blood books.

Otherwise my TV is tuned to Food Network, or Viva, or HGTV......I like healthy cooking shows, I like X-Weighted, or You Are What You Eat, anything that keeps me on the straight and narrow foodwise, and I get a kick out of Come Dine With Me (a group of people who host a dinner party each in their homes and compete to win 1,000 British pounds).

I can't remember the exact date Lucky but True blood is back in June. And they just started repeating season two..so I can watch that now that I have HBO again.

Did I mention Lost? I love it this year. I'm even lest confused than normal.

Ausdon..yay another The Good Wife fan.

DJS - I got HBO so now I can watch season two which they are repeating every sunday.

My mom is hooked on all the CBS shows plus American Idol so we are at tv odds a lot. I love my basketball - which she will watch if it's the warriors or the lakers. I will only watch CSI whereas she wants to watch Miami and NY too. The three shows she finally got me hooked on are House, Cold Case, and The Unit. I miss the Unit. I may have to go back and watch the series as I really only watched the last 2 seasons.

So 24 got cancelled. I think it's probably time but I hate that they didn't get advance warning. I think they were working on the next season already so I doubt it will end as long running show should end. But the good part is that they have always said that when the show ends they'll make 24 feature films. I don't know how that will work but it should be fun.

Then there's George Lopez Show. I only watch that late night now --Monday -Thursday nights. I've never really done more than watch monologues on late night shows but he will make me watch every darn guest. I like that he brings these people from the internet on his show. Now I hear this one guy he had on who has a website called somethng like "shit my dad would say" is getting his web site turned into a tv show. Hilarious and good for him.

I also like that he has a different set of guests that are on the other talk shows. I tend to love the musical guests and that we see people in a more informal light.

Fear, I'm watching Big Love on netflix. I'm only on season one. Just got disc 3 today. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

treenuts - I think if I had to pick 1 reality show, I would pick Project Runway over even Tar and Suvivor which I love. I am so far away from a clothes horse but I just love the challenges and the creativity.

I like the father and daughter on TAR this season. Hell even the cops have grown on me. But my favorite is the cowboys. Hope they can come back from last place and no money.

I have a new show. I actually started recording it when it started but my directv somehow got parental controls set and I didn't bother calling to get that fixed for 4 months. So all the episodes taped but I just started watching them. It's Men of a Certain Age and it's a fantastic. I tuned in for Andre Braugher but the entire show is good. I never watched Ray Ramano's sitcom but he's great in this. I know it focuses on these men and their issues but hell I can relate to a lot of it too. Anyway, it was renewed for season 2 and I highly recommend it.

I watched Treme and enjoyed enough of the first episode to keep on watching. There were a lot of characters to get to know in the first episode. I don't like one of the main characters but hope that changes. The music is fantastic.

I don't have HBO, but I've read enough about Treme to know that I'd like to see that show. Maybe when the DVD set comes out...

And I don't know why I didn't watch Men of a Certain Age, because I LOVE Scott Bakula!

At this point, once Lost has finished (and it's been sooooo good lately), I'll have to find a new show!

Re: MoaCA -- it's the only show on TWoP where it's a lovefest and not a bunch of whining and complaining. Very unusal. I think you'd like it. Don't see a lot of shows about male friendship and of course I relate to all the little things about people in my age group. It's well written. You laugh. You cry.

I have watched every episode of MoaCA and love it. Ray Romano has always been a favorite of mine.

I read that season 2 is back in November!

So I was happy that Modern Family won best comedy. I love that show. I think every actor on the show, down to the kids should have been nominated.

I haven't seen any new show that I'm interested in watching. Maybe Outlaw because, well, it's Jimmy Smits. I alwasy tune in to his shows. Oh and the one about he man leading a double life. The commercials seem interesting on that.

Anybody watching Project Runway. Best trainwrecky season ever.

Love Modern Family!! Can't wait for it to return. :D A couple of my other new favorites from last year are returning too, Glee and Parenthood. New shows I'm interested in are My Generation and Detroit187.... especially the latter to see how they portray us. And one other old returning favorite...Hell's Kitchen. (I kinda got a thing for Gordon Ramsay... *cough*)

I watched Raising Hope premier an hour ago and I'm still laughing. Funny!

I also gave a shot to Lonestar last night. Heard it tanked in the ratings so not sure if it will last. I liked it though so will give it another shot.

We're watching Detroit 187 or whatever it is right now. I'm doing more web surfing than watching. Nothing original that I can see. No star power.

I'll give that legal drama a go tomorrow night - the one with Maura Tierney and I think the guy from numbers.

I love fresh new tv season heee.

I watched the first 10 minutes of Detroit 187 the other day as a sneak preview thing and I really liked it. I love that they added the guys eating in a Coney Island place... it's dead on for city culture! I'm looking forward to seeing possible familiar and famous places featured in the show too.

I'm a Glee fan, so of course I watched it...and can't say anything bad either. I think they started off the second season really well.

On my list to catch up from last night is Raising Hope, Detroit 187 and One Tree Hill (I'd possibly quit with this one if James Lafferty weren't in it anymore, but I've also been watching since the first season, soooo... LOL). Then tonight is Hell's Kitchen, Modern Family and The Middle! I'm definitely looking forward to the Modern Family premiere!

I haven't heard of that Ausdon. It does sound interesting.

Taped Hell's Kitchen. Watched Survivor. It's so good to be Russel free so I'm enjoying it. Yay for Modern Family being back. And I actually loved The Whole Truth. I hope it lasts but I think it has pretty fierce competition. I like that after the jury decides the audience gets to know who actually did it.

I am sticking with my old shows....House, Criminal Minds, Bones, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, and Gleeeeeeeeeeee. I watched the opening hour of Hell's Kitchen last night and while it's entertaining, I don't think I can take Gordon Ramsay every week. I find him irritating.

I have heard that ABC has picked up another round of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, this time to take place in LA. I don't think it starts until spring though. That's my kind of 'food' show. And of course my stand by, Food TV. I also watch a lot of cooking/healthy living type shows on Viva.

Three hour stretch tonight. Not sure if I can stay awake until 11!

I just watched the first hour of Hell's Kitchen. Talk about intense!!! This season is going to be an interesting one I think... I've seen a LOT of Chef Ramsay tantrums (I watch just about anything he puts out) but what they have in the teaser for the next hour is beyond any I've seen before.

I liked Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution earlier this year. I got a kick out of him! I'll be watching it again if they put it out.

Well I won't bother with Lonestar cuz it doesn't have long for this world. The Whole Truth didn't do well either but I really liked it. Sigh. So far only one new show this season that I like has a chance of staying on the air, Raising Hope.

Project Runway - THE WITCH IS DEAD. Geeze, Ivy's made one good outfit all season. She definitely deserved to go home. I hated Gretchen's dress. So happy for Mondo.

So tonight is Private Practice..I have a love hate relationship with that show. Hopefully this season will be better.

Anybody looking forward to all star Top Chef?

Did anyone see Project Runway to see Mondo's announcement that he was HIV positive. It was such a touching moment of tv. Mondo for the win!

And reading the twop boards about Christopher C -- it's interesting but scary how the internet can be used to find out info about people. One woman has been trying to find out more about Michael C and has come up with this theory (with pretty good evidence) that he is Roma. Now I didn't know what that was but apparently traveler/gypsy might be terms people are familiar with. Sorry if either is offensive. I don't know. And remember he said this week that his pattern was personal and that his family was a bunch of criminals and thieves? I really don't know much about that culture. But his mom sure seemed wise in what she told him about the bullies.

Well at the end of the day Raising Hope and No Ordinary People are the only new shows that I will keep watching -- maybe The Whole Truth. Looking forward to the next iron chef competition. Honestly I enjoy the show but other than Michael Symon I'm not impressed with the people they find this way. To me Iron Chefs should be scary good but in this sort of competition you see too many of their flaws.

Since I don't read TWOP, I don't know what they say about the designers, but I still love to watch PR. I loved to sew clothing as a youth and considered going into fashion but you couldn't tell that by the way I dress now. :cryingwlaughter:

Mondo's pattern sense and tailoring are amazing. I wonder why he decided after 10 years to make his HIV situation public? Perhaps with all the searching for information on the contestants via the internet, he thought someone would find out before he could announce it. I am hoping anyone but Gretchen wins as I'm tired of her hippie style clothing and know it all attitude.

Looks like they are setting up next week to be a real battle fest. But who knows. Editing or scandle?

I love Top Chef but this desserts show is for the birds. They could certainly edit out a lot of the whining and crying. I guess I'm not a sympathetic person as I wouldn't cry because my cupcakes burnt. And there are mean people everywhere just ignore them. I may watch after several get kicked off.

I do like Iron Chef so the next Iron Chef is on my agenda this weekend.

I love Mondo. Great episode last week. That one was hand made for Primetime TV!! A two hankie for sure. My mom :cry4: through the entire show.

And I have a crush on Christopher and loved they brought his partner there to suprise him. It may have been the first time my mom has seen two men kiss (more like a quick peck :( ) on tv. heh

But I have no clue what they are saying about him on TWOP. Can someone enlighten me please?

And yes, "I adda a feelin'" (tm tower guard)about Michael C. being raised by a group of gypsies. I think I read it in a blog somewhere but can't find it now. Maybe someone stole it :cryingwlaughter:

Anybody looking forward to all star Top Chef?

:meme::meme::meme:

I've been trying to get into Top Chef: Just Desserts but it's been paaaainful!

I may not finish this one for many reasons.

My favorite new show this season is The Event. But that's it. Still lovin' my usuals. Oh, and I am more than ready for Sally Field's character to get her backbone back. Yeah! Anyone else watch the season premier of Bros & Sis?

hmmmm tv tv tv

Watching Idol somewhat. I don't watch results shows. And last week I was taping a game, and taping Survivor and I was too lazy to go into another room to watch Idol, so I didn't watch it. That's how committed I am. LOL. But it's not because of the judges who I prefer tenfold over Simon. I actually like Jennifer a lot. Never was a fan of her "singing" but I will admit to watching and liking her movies.

Boston Rob beats Idol booty in my house. I know he won't last but he great to watch for as long as he lasts. He takes the game so seriously yet doesn't forget that it is entertainment. I know many can't stand the man but he's one of my favorite reality show folks EVER.

Not watching much tv right now. Too caught up in the NBA and my teams. I have League pass so can watch any game on the schedule and most nights I watch 2 or 3. On Direct tv 101 I'm watching the first season of Damages. I love it. It's keeping my interest for sure.

Raising Hope is my favorite show right now. Never miss it. I do something with it that I don't do on anything not named The Wire -- I always rewatch the episode. Hanging onto The Good Wife. I think it's good tv. And I'm enjoying this season of TAR. That's about it for regular viewing. Modern Family and House will still get my attention most weeks.

I gave up a lot of shows this year including Private Practice. The Betsy episode killed it for me. I just no longer care. Oh, also love love love Southland. Hopefully it has been renewed.

Other than that... I have finally replaced Court TV which has on nothing but stupid reality shows with Discovery Id. Hell it even runs all night with no infomercials. Don't ask me how I can watch all this real life true crime and cringe when my mom has the tv on watching Criminal Minds.

I watched so much tv this weekend... I love UVERSE because I can tape 4 shows at once. This season is already better than last season as I only got one new show out of it - Raising Hope.

So far I've watched

Prime Suspect -- not watching again. It wasn't bad just not special enough.

Person of Interest - I love Jim Cavaziel and the guy from Lost and I liked the premier. I'll watch to see how it develops.

New Girl - She's cute and quirky but I didn't like it. I didn't laugh. I smiled a lot but that's not enough. I doubt I'll watch it again and it felt so old time sitcom.

2 Broke Girls - I taped this on a whim but I laughed out loud many times. Love the two leads and will definitely watch again.

Revenge -- My favorite new show of the season. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. It's like a modern day Count of Monte Cristo. Madeline Stowe is seriously amazing.

X Factor -- loved the first show; hated the second. I think I'm over bad singing competitions but the folks I saw on the first show were really good and I do want to see more of them. I think I will put on DVR and not watch live - that way I can ff through all the junk.

Returning shows:

Top Chef Just Desserts -- did a marathon and caught up on this show. Very creative challenges although I wish there were less team challenges.

Survivor - Can we get rid of Russel and his family for good. In fact now that Boston Rob has his million lol they can get rid of returning survivors altogether. Hmmm speaking of BR I need to find out when his new show is coming on.

Project Runway -- it's a decent season..some talented people. Too many team challenges.

TAR: Watching TAR right now. Just love this show. Looks like some interesting contestants. Don't mind Ethan or Jenna being on TAR despite both winning a million on Survivor because I don't think it gets you much (unless you're boston rob) and even if teams are out to get you what can they do.

CSI - I think I've reached my limit. I think it's just too long in the tooth.

Now looking forward to The Good Wife later tonight.