Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

YAY lots of great new shows this season and the old shows are doing great too...

This thread will be a place to talk about them. If there is enough interest in a particular show we can start a seperate thread...

My favorite new shows...

Studio 60

Heroes

The Nine

30Rock

YAY lots of great new shows this season and the old shows are doing great too...

This thread will be a place to talk about them. If there is enough interest in a particular show we can start a seperate thread...

My favorite new shows...

Studio 60

Heroes

The Nine

30Rock

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Well, I can see this is a popular thread. May as well get my count up.

On the off chance someone sees this and watched the first show of the new FX show Damages starring Glen Close, please respond as I'm a little unsure as to who did what (reading the boards and watching at the same time, you lose part of the story). It looks like a great show though and Glen Close is so wickedly evil.

Edited by sheiladownunder

hee it does look pathetic...hee...

well we will just rename it for the enxt season...but no didn;t watch that show...sorry

anybody watching Big brother 8??

I didn't expect an answer. Hee. I haven't been watching this season but I do like Big Brother, is is good? Has it just started or is late into it?

two people left already.

I am starting to get interested in it cos it has this estranged father and daughter that is really bringing in a lot of drama...the cute guy is falling for the daughter...and the dads nickname is Evil Dick.

The twist is that one of the players is America's player who takes instructions from the viewers about who to vote for ...who to try and get nominated or asked to do some secret sabotage or prank.

Ok I need to revive this thread because I do not know anythign about this season.

So far I am looking forward to heroes of course. But aside from that and Private Practice on wednesday...

I do not have a clue what I should be watching out for...

Any ideas???

i saw an ad for gossip girl on CW...its from the creators of the OC...I might check that out.

BTw...

I am so suprrised that Dick and Danielle made it to final 2 on BB8. danielle proved to be an awesome competitor and Dicks intimidation strategy worked. I didn't watch the feeds this year but I think the Donato win made it interesting.

Hey Ansa, do you want us to move our TV shows from the Primetime TV thread?

oh no thats fine ...this is mostly for recommendation or talking about shows.

If a show is popular enough just make a thread.

I will hope I will find some people to tlak too in the heroes thread.

We do have a TVchat thread...for people to use when watching a show in real time...and a spoiler thread.

It's all about the DirtySexyMoney and Private Practice for me. Not quite sure about Pushing Daisies as o fyou..but that's the other drama that will be on Wednesday night. You can see new schedules and clips of new shows on all the network pages. I've started first with abc.com and will probably do them all. Did the preview issue of tv guide hit yet..that's the one issue I like to get.

I've read very good reviews about Pushing Daisies so I'll try that one. Probably pop into Dirty Sexy Money for a look-see. Of course when AI rewind, AI whatever number it is now, and Dancing with the Stars come back on that will keep me busy. I started watching The Closer on TNT and got hooked. That will also be back on soon and if you have nothing else to do it's a great show.

But the big daddy of them all is Lost. I love that show!

Then there's Iron Chef, Top Chef and on and on and on! Unfortunately I sleep thru a lot of them.

I watched that little kiddie reality show for about ten minutes...the moment I saw that little crying for his mama I turned the channel.

Yeah it was hard. I tried to watch it too then turned it off. I just can;t believe that they are letting all these kids on their own without adult supervision. Well of course there is adults there cos there is a camera crew for sure. I think some of these kids are just too young for the experience.

I am interested in checking out Chuck. I think this can be really cute and funny or really full of cliches. I think it will be up to the main character's acting specially the female lead. Its pretty difficult to pull off the incredibley sexy but competent secret agent.

The other show I checked out was Gossip Girl. Its from the The OC crew. My daughter read the first book and I really enjoy shows with cute guys and girls...it was ok. I like several characters, may become one of my guilty pleasures.

I'm telling you. Griffin winning an Emmy, and now Kid Nation makes the airwaves. Signs of the Apocalypse.

I would have loved to see the meeting of suits that decided that was great entertainment. Pretty sure at least one of them would have horns. Oy.

I watched the new comedy (I'm a sit-com junky) with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton last night. Some predictable characters (bimbo weather girl, shlocky sports guy) but I love both those actors, so I'll give it a chance. The only thing I can see making me turn it off for good is the possibility of yet another kid-who-is-so-much-funnier/wittier/smarter than their parent(s). My least favorite thing on television. There's a really fine line between precocious and obnoxious.

Edited by cindilu2

I have decided I really like Criminal Minds. I watched some of it last season, caught an episode last night (that I think might have been last season's finale) and am looking forward to the season premiere next week. Also CSI (Las Vegas) and House. That's about it for me. I'm not into sitcoms. I might watch the opener for Survivor: China and then decide whether or not to continue.

Oh, and of course I can't wait for AI Rewind Season Two! :)

luckiest1, I'm a fan of Criminal Minds too. Unfortunately, Mandy Pantinkin has left the show, citing the ubiquitous 'creative differences'. Damn! He seems to do that a lot. He was also a fav on another showed I loved, Chicago Hope, and then split early on. Joe Mantenga will be taking his place. Anyhow, it can be pretty gruesome, but I like the characters, and I flove Matthew Gray Gubler and his character, Dr. Spencer Reid.

Another show I'm really looking forward to is Cane. Jimmy Smits (yum!) and Hector Elizondo (also from Chicago Hope!) are two of my favorite actors. I'm hoping for great things for this one. The Lowdown

Edited by cindilu2

OK, thank God for IMDB, I had no idea who you were talking about for either character. I can't believe Mandy Pantinkin left! But I'm with you, I really like Matthew Gray Gubler. So maybe it'll be ok.

It always happens that when I like a show, it either gets cancelled or the main character leaves. I think it's because by the time I get around to watching something it's always pretty late in the game. LOL.

So am I the only evil person around here that just loved Kid Nation? Really, I thought it was great. I was amazed at how some of them made such intelligent decisions, changed some behaviors, showed compassion for one another, were supportive and encouraging. Yeah, the little kid crying choked me up, too, but I really loved the other little girl, probably all of 11 years old, offering to step in and be his 'mom' for a little while. It was sooo sweet. And I have a feeling we're going to see the Bully/Troublemaker kid do an about face and turn into a leader - the good kind. I really, really liked it. It'll be on my 'must watch' list, unless it turns really ugly or cheesy.

I saw an interview with a couple of the kids, they said they hadn't been coached by CBS and it annoyed them to hear people who weren't there saying bad things about the show, because it wasn't dangerous or bad at all, it was a good experience. Any of them can leave whenever they want to, and they aren't ridiculed for their choice. And of course there are adults around....but the decisions as they relate to running the town are made by the kids.

Jamar I'm anxiously awaiting TAR and Survivor, too.

Bookwhore, I'm sure you're not alone in enjoying the show. (And if there were ever any words more certain to evoke a response in message board-dom than the variations of 'am I alone?' I sure don't know what they are. *g*).

I don't like any of the voyeuristic reality shows (Survivor, Big Brother, Real World, etc). Just not my cuppa.

Edited by cindilu2

I used to LOVE "The Real World." Made time for it every week. My husband even knew one of the kids that ended up on the show (David during the New Orleans season). But then...the Las Vegas season hit. Man, that was when they started pushing the sex and drinking way past my liking. That one broke my addiction.

Same with Big Brother -- loved the first two seasons. Then, it started getting way too much into "who is hooking up with who" and I lost interest.

Um....primetime topic. I'm actually looking forward to the return of "My Name is Earl." Funny, funny show. I'm also trying my best to remember to watch "Everybody Hates Chris" -- another great show. Supposedly there is a show scheduled right after Chris that is good, but I can't remember the name of it. I may have to check that one out as well.

Other than that....ER starts next week again, and sadly, I have to wait until January for Lost. *sob*

I don't think KidNation is a bad show really. I just lost interest at 15 minutes and I can't help but wonder how much adult supervision they really have. I just think some kids were too young for the task. I'm sure most of them learned a lot from the experience and there must've been a lot of growth too.

Ansa, even though the host guy is the only one you ever see on camera, they have a 24/7 pediatrician, child psychologist and paramedics on site. So I'm not really concerned about the kids' safety. As far as the girl who got splattered with cooking oil...well that happened here at home with my daughter when she was learning to cook, so I guess I'm guilty of child endangerment, too. :cryingwlaughter: Now there was an issue with bleach being in an unmarked container and three kids taking a swig and spitting it out. That sounds pretty dangerous to me, I'm glad no one was injured. I'll bet somebody's head was on the chopping block for that.

I don't think these kids are subject to anything worse, as far as homesickness and hardship go, than most kids at scout camp. I was a girl scout leader for a few years, and we worked even the Brownies pretty hard. The whole idea was for them to learn self-sufficiency, decision making and group cooperation, so far as their age allowed. This show pretty much reminds me of scout camp. :)

One of the reviews I read today said that "Kid Nation was a disappointment after all the hype and controversy (what show isn't?), and that it was like Survivor without the sex and cursing. Which is why we like Survivor in the first place". :cryingwlaughter:

But anyway, I can understand someone not being a fan of reality tv. I'm not a fan of sitcoms, although I love CSI-type shows.

oh I'm a big fan of reality shows. My sister watched Kid Nation and loved it. When I told her why I stopped watching she told me that kid went home at the end of the eppy. She really enjoyed it. I may try to give it another shot.

I love TAR... the Romber and Chip and Kim are my all times favorites.

I love evil Dr. Will on Big Brother but I've discovered that's all I like about Big Brother because I've never gotten through a non Will season.

I've watched every season of suvivor expect the first one.

I like shows like Hell's Kitchen, and Dancing with the Stsrs..have tickets to So You Think You can Dance. Just watched the Next Design Star (YAY KIM) and Next Food Network Star and waiitng for Project Runway. So yeah, it's safe to say I love reality shows. The little kid jus got to me. ANd there is so much manipulation with reality shows, which I accept, but for some reason have a problem when kids are involved. And I don't even like kids..heee.

Real World - I watched season one cuz my cousin was the original angry black man on reality shows. heh.