Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

Goodness! I checked Wiki, and Dragon's Den is everywhere. If I could (and I could understand what they were saying), I would watch them all.

Wiki Dragon's Den

* 2.1 UK

* 2.2 Afghanistan

* 2.3 Australia

* 2.4 Canada

* 2.5 Czech Republic

* 2.6 Finland

* 2.7 Ireland

* 2.8 Israel

* 2.9 Japan

* 2.10 Middle East

* 2.11 Netherlands

* 2.12 New Zealand

* 2.13 Nigeria

* 2.14 Russia

* 2.15 Sweden

* 2.16 United States

Anybody watching survivor. It's only been on 15 minutes but am loving it already.

It's funny how stereotypes work -- when he picked the black guy to do the swim leg of the competition I groaned heee. And he was on the national water polo team? LOL He kicked ass. There are some cuties on this show too.

the dumb ass girl alliance? Oh my!

Yay new tv season. So happy to have the DVR.

So far I've watched:

Glee - cutting this one from my list. Just not for me. Loved the commercials for it and thought I would love the show.

Monday..I taped House and watched DWTS. I was so pissed at the scores by the time it ended I don't even know if I'll watch again. Really there's not a person there that I neeeeed to see. And really the only dancer I love is Cheryl and I hate her pairing. She probably has one or two weeks..and so then what's the point.

Tonight I watched The Good Wife and taped DWTS. I've been intrigued by the commercials for this one. And you have to understand. I watched almost the entire run of ER one of my least favorite characters was Nurse Hathaway. LOL. But it was the character and not the actress. Unlike Kim Delaney who you couldn't pay me to watch in anything. My hating her trumped the fact that I loved Jimmy Smits and is the reason I never watched CSI Miami. Anyway, I watched it and actually enjoyed it. I'll give it another chance.

OK don't laugh but the one show I am looking forward to is Modern Family. I don't think I watch any comedys right now and the commericals have me rolling. I hope that isn't all the funny stuff.

Oh and of course I watched and Loved Castle. Hope it benefits greatly by coming on after DWTS. It's my Moonlighting light. The chemistry is smoking.

Another show I enjoy is Southland. I don't think I've ever had a Friday night show. This is a first. That's it so far.

But damn I am living up to my couchtomato name. Lord knows WHAT I'm gonna do when basketball season starts and I have my 20 games a night to choose from. hee.

I thought Community was a hoot. I'll be watching that.

I tried watching Glee, but it is too self-aware and is almost like watching a show on stage, everything seems too broad, too loud, too much like vaudeville in a way.

I still love CSI Miami (this year it seems they are using downtown Tampa for their opening shot, sort of a WTF?), and since I was late to the party, not watching it until syndication, I don't remember seeing Jimmy Smits or Janine Turner, but I think the present cast is perfect.

I love NCIS, but have watched it so much in syndication that I have no feel for any sort of continuity, so I mostly skip it in primetime.

Modern Family looks hilarious, I got signed up for the previews somehow.

Big Bang is just as funny, I still luv it. Heresy - Jim Parsons was not robbed of the Emmy, he is hysterical, but kinda one-note. I was happy to see Jon Cryer win, his show is also a favorite of mine.

Emmys - NPH is about 80% as funny as he thinks he is. The show was good, but lots of flat jokes.

And why does Justin Timberlake show up at these things? It was jarring, and had no relation to actual television. IMO, etc. And that writer from Mad Men was just tacky, making fun of thanking someone for a kidney (I was glad to see Ken Howard win something!

Kristin Chenoweth (sp.) was so cute - asking for a job. Jon Stewart gave a very touching thanks last night to his staff, they have won seven years in a row, and deserve it richly.

I am watching Community because I love John Oliver - he is on The Daily Show staff.

The rest of my faves are more in the reality show genre, and not on network TV.

heee Kim Delaney was on NYPD Blue with Jimmy Smits .and on the first season of CSI Miami... Apparantly they got rid of her in season 1 for some reason but I didn't realize that until mid season 3.

My mom loves all the darn shows on CBS. We really fight over tv now LOL. I can tolerate most of her shows but Numbers, which I hate, and Criminal Minds, NCIS, and CSI Miami.

I taped teh Forgoten ... we'll see about that one. They are shoving it down my thorat with the commercials.

Oh I wanted to watch Community. That started already?

Oh and of course I watched and Loved Castle. Hope it benefits greatly by coming on after DWTS. It's my Moonlighting light. The chemistry is smoking.

I watched it too. Great first episode! I love how the daughter's comment about the guy who stood her up (something to the effect of why do men always try to justify their actions instead of just saying sorry?) helped Castle see what he had done wrong and correct it.

heee Kim Delaney was on NYPD Blue with Jimmy Smits .and on the first season of CSI Miami... Apparantly they got rid of her in season 1 for some reason but I didn't realize that until mid season 3.

My mom loves all the darn shows on CBS. We really fight over tv now LOL. I can tolerate most of her shows but Numbers, which I hate, and Criminal Minds, NCIS, and CSI Miami.

I taped teh Forgoten ... we'll see about that one. They are shoving it down my thorat with the commercials.

Oh I wanted to watch Community. That started already?

LOL Couchie - your "hate" list is the same as my "fave" list!

sorry LadyJ.. You said something witty LOL... don't hurt me *couchie"

couchie said: UH OH..how did i do that...I edited LadyJ rather than responded ..eeek... I guess once a year I need to do that.

Speaking of Timberlake - is there no escaping him and other pop stars. Now they show up in the middle of sports center. WTF... get away from my sports center. Who next? Ryan Seacrest on MNF?

heee Ausdon.. wanna come watch with mom.heee. She did get me hooked on some of her shows The Unit, Cold Case, Without a Trace, Ghost Whisperer.

I hate to watch reruns and she always wants to watch her shows no matter what. And Ill say but ma I saw this one...and it will take her halfway through to go..oh yeah we saw this one..you can turn. BWAH.

Last night was SYTYCD while taping DWTS. I hate result shows so she can watch that DWTS when I'm out heee. Then I taped Modern Family while she watched Criminal Minds. And how could I forget, the other show I don't watch... CSI NY. She wins again. I would have rather watched Top Chef..which I taped.

My mom will watch anything as long as it's on Lifetime. Especially Army Wives and all the made for TV movies. I love my mom but geeeeez :cryingwlaughter:

Me? I'm a purist. :whistling-1: I love the originals of CSI and NCIS! But NOT the spin offs. blech And I really miss the UNIT. Why or why did they cancel it :cry4:

But I do think CBS has one of the best line-ups it's had in decades now. Love it. Especially The Mentalist :hubbahubba: and Survivor (for Jeff Probst alone) and of course I think Michael Weatherly could do a one man show on NCIS and I wouldn't mind. LOL

I've heard a lot about Castle and hope to see it too. My poor dvr will be bursting at the seams soon.

I guess I'm out in left field (as usual). I like Criminal Minds, Bones, Grey's Anatomy and House. I usually watch a couple of weeks of Survivor before I'm bored. I might try Amazing Race again this time around and see how it goes. I am all caught up on Private Practise so will watch that this year as well. I'm kind of tired of CSI with all the good people gone, so I don't know if I will bother anymore. Plus, it conflicts with Grey's.

I guess I'm out in left field (as usual).

luckiest, if anything you are more in the norm IMO. I'm often in the minority. I tend to have a disinterest in the newer shows or even celebs for some reason. I think I'm just a creature of habit. lol

I lean more towards what I am already comfortable with. I guess that's one reason why have not watched AI in years.

ME ME ME. Kate is probably my all time favorite tv actress. I can just sit there and stare at her. I even stop what I'm doing when her Cadillac commerical comes on. I was so happy when she got her show and I could give up GA. It's a good show..I know..but I can't stand half the cast and most of the characters I love were more of a support.

I love the original CSI.. I was so happy to see Sarah back.. even if not long term.

Of the new shows.. I think the Forgotten is a snooze. Modern Family isn't as funny as I thought it was going to be. And Flash Forward..I will give a few more chances just because it wants to be ambitious. But it reminds me of Lost and I hope it is all going somewhere. Not sure if I'll get involved in another show like it.

Criminals Minds just goes a bit too far with the sickos for me. And I'm somebody who can sit and watch a Forensics File marathon all day long.

I used to feel that way about Criminal Minds, too. But once I got into the characters and the story of them, I guess I got used to it. Now it's one of my favourites.

PP last night was intense! I spent the whole episode on Blackberry Messenger with my daughter, saying "wtf" and "eeep". LOL. But a happy ending. Grey's was kind of meh. Apparently there's going to be another cross over episode this season, so I'm looking forward to that. It's supposed to involve Bailey, and she's one of my favourites.

I know right? Even though I kept telling myself she won't die..they threw me off with that funeral in the beginning. And since I haven't kept up with news of the show..I really didn't know. So they did a great job of keeping up the intensity. And Violet looked like death warmed over. Makeup did a great job.

Can't wait for the next week -- when things will get back to "normal" though. I enjoyed the flashbacks because it fleshed out Pete a little for me. Did I blink and miss

why he "hated" his wife?

If there has to be a crossover then yay on the crossover involving Bailey. I did love her.

So while I was in Palm Desert I had HBO so I watched Wanda Sykes HBO Special. OH LAWD heee. I have to say I laughed until I cried. As most comedians do, she crossed my line of taste now and then but damn I laughed so hard. And the funniest bits to me were not really raunchy. Her political humor, her whole thing on Americans and the metric system, getting old, were some of my favorites. The funny part is that when it started the kids were all in the room playing a game. Took about 2.5 seconds to kick them out.

I love Wanda.

Thank goodness she is a regular cast member on Old Christine.

She is on Curb Your Enthusiasm, too, but her character seems too shrill. But still v. funny.

Wanda is funnier with just a look than most comedians can dream of being with an entire monologue.

Imo, etc., etc.

Anybody watch Shark Tank? I'm in love withe Gayla Bentley clothes..well some of them. So happy she got a deal with Damon and Barbara. I'm hoping with Damon's distribution, the prices will come down too. I'd kill for that techni colored trench coat.

http://www.gaylabentley.com/shopalloutfits...=OT80013307_09a

I always have to tape it cuz I'm watching So You think you can dance when it comes on.

I really like the cast..and want to go back and watch some from other countries in the links that you posted. There was a local guy for me that also got a deal for his organic soda called Chill. All the sharks were trying to talk Barbara out of investing but she loved the soda and the guy. I think it only has 87 calories. I will definitely give it a try when it goes to market.

The chill pome sounds good

http://chillsoda.com/

I watch that show and always end up on that website of everyone heee.

OMG!!!! 22 grams of carbs!!!!!! It sounds good, though.

I only eat that many carbs if I have thrown all caution to the wind and scarf down fresh french bread with brie and/or pate.

But then I drink red wine with that - red wine magically erases all bad thingies in food.

I learned that in Holland, where they have brie and pate sammiches on the menu. They throw in some lettuce and tomato and call it a health sandwich.

Awesome country.

Okay, I think Shark Tank is on right before Dragon's Den, on Tuesday....usually I try and work until 9 for Dragon's Den, now I have to stop at 8, is all.

So.....two hours of very interesting TV.