Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

That does not bode well for Fringe ratings - if done on purpose. Sounds like they didn't want viewers to get a chance to switch to something else. But if that made Fringe early, it would FU Tivo, I would think.

I tried watching Fringe a few days ago and instead there was a 15 minute clip of Keanu Reeves' The Day The Earth Stood Still. Once I figured out what was going on - for a while I thought Keanu was on Fringe! - I switched channels and never went back.

I can't wait for the Big Bang premiere! "The cat's alive!!!!"

I'm really liking Fringe! and I totally love the new CW dramedy Privileged...I checked out the new 90210 just out of curiousity ended up watching.

Tuesday will be full for me with House, Fringe, Priveleged and so far 90210...hee

Can't wait for heroes next Monday...

Ace of Cakes is just so great to me. What a simple concept yet the great natural characters and the great editing, truly makes this show pretty absorbing. What I love about Canadas Food Network are the British and Australian shows. I love the Australian Food Safari. For people that love ethnic dishes...I highly recommend this. I also think the British Kitchen Nightmares is so much better than the American production, there's no comparison. I am curios about Ramsay's new show...the F word.

I am enjoying this years ANTM...it is totally campy! It also has interesting model wannabe's a trans gender, a bisexual and a small town girl from Alaska getting all kinds of culture shock.

Right now I still don't have any faves for Fridays and Saturdays...as usual. But most days are getting quite filled...hee

I don't know if I've watched any new shows. I'm just happy to see my Wednesday night ABC shows back but I think they have really been hurt by the strike and who knows how long they will be around. Looking forward to Eli Stone.. will probably have to DVR it. My mom has really gotten me into shows I've never watched before -- Cold Case, Without A Trace, The Unit. All good shows. But I can't think of a thing she can do to make me watch CSI Miami or CSI New York.

Speaking of CSI...thought the season premier was great...so glad to see Sarah. Does anyone know if we're losing Grissam this year?

Does anyone know if we're losing Grissam this year?

From what I gather, he will be gone after a few episodes and Laurence Fishburne will take his place.

And Jeff Goldblum will be joining L&O, replacing Chris Noth. I really liked that Raines show he did, but it only lasted for a few episodes.

I really really like Joe Mantegna, who I guess replaced Mandy Patinken in Criminal Minds. I love watching him in Starter Wife. I guess I just love to watch him!

I really like The Starter Wife, even though I kinda find Debra Messing a bit irritating or mugs too much or something.

I can't see myself continuing to be passionate about CSI if we lose Grissom. It was nice having Sarah back for 2 episodes. I miss Warrick. I rented a move last weekend as was pleasantly surprised to see the guy who plays Warrick in it. I'm sure it was a few years old....don't remember the name, but it starred Halle Berry. Something about Strangers. It was weird.

What's up with no new Bones episodes for so many weeks in a row? Looking forward to Criminal Minds tonight, although I can't say that I like Joe Mantegna better than Mandy Patinken. It's all about Reid for me, he's the most interesting character. Looks like the next few episodes after this week will deal with his past.

Anyone still watching House? That was an interesting development last night....

I was only ever passionate about CSI Miami - weird, because I never liked David Caruso very much, before. Something about how the whole cast just works so well together, and the way they film, the bright Miami colors, or whatever, I just love to watch it. For some reason my sister feels compelled to recite that it is mostly filmed in California every time I mention it - maybe she gets a nickel each time or something :-) - but the aerial shots and the colors represent how I would like to retire - within sight of the beach, and all the bright tropical colors or the cool blue and white Moroccan interiors.

I don't miss Khandi Alexander much, her character was 90% just looking serious and saying if there's anything I can do....I MEAN it..... I did really like her on News Radio, more personality.

The other two CSIs I only watch randomly and almost accidently. I do like Gary Sinise a lot.

Have not kept up with House, mostly because I know it will be re-run forever - I caught part of an old episode with David Morse the other day, and realised that while I like David Morse, that series of shows or season was pretty much unwatchable for me, because his depressing plotline was dragged on for too long.

Top Chef starts again soon, Burn Notice I think is back in Jan or Feb, and I am still pissed off about Moonlight being canceled. It was my bad-acting-guilty-pleasure show.

I can't see myself continuing to be passionate about CSI if we lose Grissom. It was nice having Sarah back for 2 episodes. I miss Warrick. I rented a move last weekend as was pleasantly surprised to see the guy who plays Warrick in it. I'm sure it was a few years old....don't remember the name, but it starred Halle Berry. Something about Strangers. It was weird.

What's up with no new Bones episodes for so many weeks in a row? Looking forward to Criminal Minds tonight, although I can't say that I like Joe Mantegna better than Mandy Patinken. It's all about Reid for me, he's the most interesting character. Looks like the next few episodes after this week will deal with his past.

Anyone still watching House? That was an interesting development last night....

You know, I've been upset with CSI for offing Warrick... just bums me out. I did end up watching the first two episodes this season after all, but haven't caught this weeks - it looked a bit too weird... But I was finding myself dissatisfied with it last season and taking weeks to watch episodes of it. I do like CSI New York - partly because I love NYC! Did you ever notice that Gary Sinise (who I do really like) has virtually no lips? A woman I work with pointed that out to me and now I can't stop looking at them! :cryingwlaughter:

I LOVE Criminal Minds - my sister tried to get me into it early in the second season and I caught just part of one episode that totally creeped me out so I didn't start watching it until about 1/3 of the way through last season. But then I realized how much I liked it and went out and got Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and spent one weekend watching the heck out of the show! :cryingwlaughter: I'm nothing if not anal about stuff like that!! I much prefer Mandy Patinkin also. And it's definitely all about Reid for me too. Although Morgan is pretty nice on the eyes! Season 1 has a few minute video about Matthew Gray Gubler. Did you know that he wears mismatching socks? Hee. And Season 2 has one about Penelope. If you can rent them anywhere, I recommend catching them - insight into the actors playing the parts.

And House - verrrrry interesting! It will be interesting to see where they take that story line!

Yay, more Criminal Minds love! (sorry I'm so late reading this thread) Am really looking forward to this week's episode to find out more about what happened to Reid when he was a child. Last week's CSI Las Vegas was weird....I don't know how they are writing Grissom out but he was sure miserable because of Sarah. I guess I'll give it a few more weeks and see what happens.

So, no Bones love here? And where did all the Eli Stone fans go? It's been intriguing so far this season.

Yay, I love Criminal Minds too. Yep nothing better than a cute geek to watch (...or listen to... ).

I love Bones! I don't know how far behind we are here, some shows they advertise as "hot off the satellite" but I don't know if this is one of them. Last night was the first Bones and Booth in London episode.

Luckiest what did you think of the story with Zac? I found it very unsatisfying somehow. And too short, with not enough explanation.

ausdon, if you are just getting the London episode now, there'll be more Zack in your future.....if you search "Bones Episodes" at Wikpedia, you can read episode summaries of the newest season's shows, plus the air dates for the USA. Looks like we are set to view episode 9 this week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bones_episodes

I am feeling VERY sad about Boston Legal being dropped - I was hoping that awesome two hour finale was a season finale. Damnation! Well, at least I can fall asleep earlier.

I kept waiting for Denny and Alan to kiss - and I am sure they planned it that way.

Oh well, it will be re-run forever or at least for a few years.

It is likely my fault it got cancelled - I only started watching last year by accident - at one time there were so many law-type shows that I just avoided them altogether. And I can take only so much (how much? not much!) Calista You-are-only-jellus-because-I-am-skeletal-and-you-are-FAT Flockhart.

I watched Shatner interview Jimmy Kimmel on Shatner's new show on the Biography Channel. Jimmy seems like such an artless sweetie, and he just seems like someone who would be great fun to hang out with.

Who is jen(something) Jameson? Shatner interviewed her and she was ridiculous - makeup and comments both. Yuck.

Oh well - at least I have a villain to root against - Stepan - in Top Chef.

Yes I know it is edited, etc., that's why I feel free to faux-dislike a contestant.

Only a month until Burn Notice is back. Weird, I think Jeffrey Donovan is perfect and hot and loose and funny in that show - but he always seems too intense or something in movies.

TV looks pretty bleak for the first half of January....although son #1 is excited about the return of 24. I am pretty upset that they've cancelled Eli Stone....I watched it the other night and they left it in a pretty precarious position. I hope they'll at least air a few more episodes so that we find out what happens!

I guess I'll turn to torrents again for a few weeks. What should I download this time?

now that I am not working 24/7

I am looking for some good shows to watch

don't think I could ever catch up to Lost or 24 or any shows like that

Do like CM the few times I have seen it. Big Bang theory can be funny (I kinda of like geeky/smart guys) How I met your Mother haven't seen in a while but use to really love.

I watched the 1st episode of Confessions of a Teen Idol on VH1 not sure how it will end up but the first show & the concept is interesting.

Celebrity rehab was interesting & at times very difficult to watch (especially when you have seen family members go through that). Wondering about the show Sober House. Not sure I will watch it. I don't know how much of Andy Dick I can take.

You don't need to watch all the seasons of 24 to watch it. Each season kinda stands on it's own. Most seasons it is thrilling!! I've missed that show and can't wait for it to come back. I really hope they've come up with something good for this season.

This year I find I'm enjoying House. I've never watched any other season. The Unit and ghost Whisperer are two other mama shows that she has finally hooked me in.

I love Big Bang Theory!!!!!!

And I have gotten very enamored of NCIS, through reruns.

Anyone who clicked on that Elton John video with Reed dancing (I did not like the song!) - it looks like Paulie Perrette (not a chance I got that right) - the kinda kookie girl on NCIS, was playing the drums. I think.

Heeeee.....kookie reminded me of 77 Sunset Strip.

I do like how I met your mother, new adventures of old christine, I love 30 Rock, but usually miss it because there is nothing else I watch on thursday night, and it is on at 9:30, an odd time for me. The new Jay Mohr show is kinda funny.

Still lurve top chef and project runway.

I loved the Eli Stone episodes I managed to catch - but was that on at the same time as Boston Legal? (Bows head in remembrance). New Burn Notices coming soon, and that Lie to Me show looks interesting.

I miss all the mysteries that used to be on BBCA, miss Hotel Babylon, I do LOVE Dragon's Den - people with business ideas pitching their company to investors, trying to get startup money. Wire in the Blood seems gone, too.

Funny, when BBCA advertised their take on Gormanghast, I was so excited, I absolutely loved those books!!!!!! - I was really kinda disappointed in what they did, don't know why.

Sort of like how disappointing the Shining was.

The holiday special was not special, it was the same one as last year. It was interesting to read the TwoP thread about it, though!

They say Tom really really likes the girl who won. Also they think Padma is high most of the time.

I don't think anyone is a standout this year, but Stepan is evidently The Villain!

I am trying to like Leverage, because I love Timothy Hutton - he is the only celebrity to have appeared in my dreams, except for two Clay dreams, but they don't count because reality exists. :-O

Anyway, the girl in that was so good in the British Couples comedy series that she takes me right out of the story, I can't think of her as someone other than goofy slutty Jane.