MCWL Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Yup this one has such an MGM musical feel to it and I still think he recorded this one with a cold but it works.

Turkey and pumpkin pie? so what's so controversial about that...is it because the carpenters sing it coffee and pumpkin pie? Both version works I guess. so was that the trukeygate???

I guess EVERYONE sings it "coffee" except for me and Clay. EEEE! We have a connection!

What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?

Now this...this...I swooned at first listen. I still swoon today. I'm swooning now.

I love this song, and his version. Such a classy way to end this CD. It's so romantic, and something that can get played the week AFTER Christmas.

*sigh*

growing up we had an Eydie gormet and stevie lawrence christmas record that I lvoed...this was on it and even when I was a little girl I thought it was a very adult song...heh.

I was so very thrilled he chose to sing it...but again...the hard eeee's bother me..but everything else is great.

I was so very thrilled he chose to sing it...but again...the hard eeee's bother me..but everything else is great.

I guess I just accept those EEEEE's as Clay's quirk in singing, and can get past them easily.

Yes, very adult song. *g*

I loved how he pulled people out of the audience in 2004 to sing this song. That was such a thrill. And then, last year, at the last show...wow, that would have been soo cool to have been there for that.

growing up we had an Eydie gormet and stevie lawrence christmas record that I lvoed...this was on it and even when I was a little girl I thought it was a very adult song...heh.

But ansa EVE has a hard EEEEEEE

Edited by atinal

ldyjoclyn Wow do I ever agree with you. This is my most favorite on the cd. I can't get enough of this song.

Of course when looking at the video of Clay singing it in Clearwater last year that was another home run.

When my youngest son, a musician and songwriter for many years, heard this when it first came out he was impressed at how much Clay (his voice) had grown since MOAM.

This song makes me think of Clay as a big ole romantic softie...

Yep, almost all of him is soft. Except for...well, never mind.

On that note...I want to thank you all for attending the party this evening! I had a blast, even if it was early for Christmas music. :P

*hands shiv back to KAndre*

Don't forget, AIW listening party on December 8!!!!!!

But ansa EVE has a hard EEEEEEE

YEah but when singing you are still supposed to try to sing it a bit rounder...cos when you flatten the tongue too much the notes tends to go sharp...its a bit picky but I guess because this was pounded into us when I was in choir I now become sensitive to it. I don;t hear it too much on the recorded version but live he sometimes goes a bit too flat with his tongue and produces a whiny sound at times.

the hard rrrr's, I learned to love that now...hee

Looking forward to AIW...

NEXT SATURDAY...join us for the next GABfest...this time I made the topic easy...favorite moments of the latest appearances...R&K, Tyra and AMA...we can even debate handgate and whether or not Kelly hate Clay's guts...heh

same time ...9 pm EST.