MCWL Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Whoops...almost had you guys on the wrong song. The back of the label and the CD itself are different, forgot about that....

Love the easy going arrangement here. His voice is so light, he gets the playfulness of this song.

Ah I was on this one then you made me change...hee

no biggie...

this is a fun song...I alwasy think of Brandi at the giddyup...and our cheeks and nice and rosy.

There is a different quality to his voice here. I will bet he had a cold when he sang this. BUT I totally love it.

Lovely version. I am not very good at Christmas songs since my husband tends to like weird songs. For instance Elvis eating at the Christmas table and asking for mor e peanut butter. I guess you had to be there.

I wish I was...sounds interesting.

Listing to Clay sing Xmas music is just reminding me that I won't be at a Xmas concert this year. Lord knows I've been to enough concerts so will try to be gracious about it.

This one...eh. It's one of my most favorite Christmas hymns EVER, and yet...the arrangement does really nothing for me. I like his singing, but...there's something that just doesn't make me go "WOW" over it.

Except for the last note. Guh.

He really sings this as a lullabye. It sounds really traditional also. Love his little "at" after Shepherds quake... that little effect is one of the things I love most about Clay's voice. It's a little too snoozy for me but I can really see the growth in his singing on it.

Silent night ...a sentimental favorite...

this is my dad's favorite song...this is his favorite lullaby that he sings all through the year. As soon as he holds a baby...any baby he would sing Silent Night. This made me cry when I first heard this on the cellcert.

What a lovely...traditional version...very appropriate.

LOVE the low note of course.

This one...eh. It's one of my most favorite Christmas hymns EVER, and yet...the arrangement does really nothing for me. I like his singing, but...there's something that just doesn't make me go "WOW" over it.

Except for the last note. Guh.

Yeah I can pick out certain things...there goes that "at" again.... that I just love in the song but as a whole, one of my least favorite on the album.

Ah Ansa!! Music is something isn't it...it really is just a part of every day life. Certain songs can bring back so many memories, both good and bad. What a great memory of your dad.

I'm so happy this album continues to sell year after year after year.

Me too! It deserves to seel for years to come!

Don't know of any other Christmas appearances, I'm guessing there will be radio stuff tied with the Christmas concerts though....

This medley is simply gorgeous. I love the connection of the two with "Angels We Have Heard on High."

It's so dramatic, this entire thing. Love it.

I'm speechless on this one.

Now I totally love this combination. I think this is my favorite live after OHN...

I love how O Come All Ye Faithful comes in...the dramatic ending to Hark then just Clay and pinao...beautiful.

Love the ending...after LORD....I love how dramatic this ends...oh shit...where is THE LORD...ending. He truly improved on these arrangement in concert.

once again was that S'von or Clay?

It's interesting how he puts these two songs together.... I never really liked Hark the Herald Angels Sing but LOVE O Come all Ye Faithful. But they really go together. And as long as he keeps singing "Bethlehem" then I'm happy.

and of course he says my childhood nickname a lot during the holidays.

Love the end of the song... Oh Come let us adore him...

oh I was waiting for "the Lord" at the end.... hee must be the concert version.

I love the use of harp in this...and the choir is beautiful...not too overpowering but beautiful coutner point at the softer portions...

LOVE the transition...this does not get old to me.

his voice is always so sweet in O Come...

Beautiful voice..beautiful arrangement and instrumentation.