All About Clay Gabfest: Favorite Clack moments

Ansamcw

I grew up in a family that always used sarcastic humor and our get togethers were usually one zinger after another. So, I guess that's why I love Clay's quick wit and am not "horrified" when he does or says something playful. I have thought about going back and watching the R&K clips to see if I can figure out when it went south for her, but so far I can't get myself to watch it again. I did watch the Emmitt and Cheryl interview and you can tell by her body language, she was cutting Clay out of that piece, at least that's the way it looked to me.

I'm not sure - the only other Tyra I watched was when they were all in their underwear. I get the feeling Clay watched that one too.

Hmmm. I'm thinking on the CH someone showed a picture of how close Clay was to Tyra on the couch, especially compared to Seabiscuit...I looked at the Megan show and he was even closer.

I also like Clay making his fans do his bidding. I like the hand signals!

Yeah me to...Play I don't think I ever commented when you mentioned ignoring Clay in AC when he had us hold up our hands if we saw the show before. I of course giggled and held them up just like I was told.heee.

L:ove the struttin' smilin' man. He sure knows how to hold it all together. I think the collective us do more worrying about things that he does. But love how claynation worked to gather up all that evidence against Rip and make sure it got distributed all over. Hell even non Clay fans were doing it.

Martha was even more horrified! I admit, it tickled the hell out of me when she put out her "healthy" pineapple thingy - and no one on the boards is making that - they are all making the horror that is Hot Pineapple Salad!

How far back to we go? I liked the "Day With Clay" on ET excessively as well! Bad Clay lip syncing!

when was this...when was he lip syncing????

You know, I never thought Clay was combative with Kelly, he was just giving back to her. I know she mentioned it during the coffee talk segment but I felt she did her share of in your face stuff to him. As a matter of fact seemed like there were a couple of times where he had to back up to keep from being hit in the face with a Barbie tea party picture.

It wasn't really combative...but snarky...it was just Miss..I am the star of the show diva ripa...that was feeling combative cos she had to keep on her toes...I think she isn't used to that with her co-host. even Regis has mellowed down a bit. But Clay had one zinger after the other. But the thing is she ended up playing dirty with the cat picture...which was pretty lame but funny. The thing is when AOL looked for a clip from that show to put on the top 5 they didn't even see the hand in the mouth as interesting ...the put the cat phobia thing. Kelly just had to rant about it...blech.

So I've never seen Tyra before. Does she usually have one guest. Is that her normal format?

I saw her have the SYTYCD people and they were just on for two segments. I saw her beyonce show and she had her for the whole show but half of it was a fashion show with Beyonce's line so I think in the end Clay had more one on one time. I didn't see the Ryan interview...but I saw a picture of the two of them and the body language was not the same as Clay and Tyra at all...let me find that picture.

What?!?!? Play disobeyed?!??! gasp

I was weak. I also made somebody next to me put their hands up too.

Oh, he looks freakishly good at the AMAs!

Oh, the lip syncing was on the ATDW commercial clips they showed - you know, where Clay clearly went to the William Shatner School of Acting!

Overly!Emoting!Clay!

Yeah me to...Play I don't think I ever commented when you mentioned ignoring Clay in AC when he had us hold up our hands if we saw the show before. I of course giggled and held them up just like I was told.heee.

L:ove the struttin' smilin' man. He sure knows how to hold it all together. I think the collective us do more worrying about things that he does. But love how claynation worked to gather up all that evidence against Rip and make sure it got distributed all over. Hell even non Clay fans were doing it.

Yeah, I loved it on the ABC message boards there was a poster, (not a Clay fan) giving a lot of credit to Claymates for coming up with the ripacrite photos. One of them even said "don't fark with the Claymates"

Actually, the best line of the R&K thing with me was when he was ribbing her and Gelman told him to keep going and then something something and he said something about it being easy to make fun of her because there was so much material and patted her on the back. I don't care what she says now - to me taht was real Clay acting as he would with friends. I imagine he was told top relax and act like he was with a friend or something. And so he did.
Kelly loved that too and the "let my people in" Yeah all fifteen of them" ...she was laughing so much...that ai was impressed at her good humor... still can;t ebelive that was all fake.

This is one reason why I would never really be friends with Clay, I can admire quick witted people from a distance, but my competitive nature paired with a slow wit would make friendship too hard.
Hee I would love it. My friends and I would constantly have one zinger after the other. I did have friends that were just too fast and funny that I usually just keep quiet and listen...but then I would put in one zinger that would just crack everybody up...I miss that actually.

hee that Play...she is quite the rebel...

WooHoo, we had an insider there.!!!

I didn't do much defending of Clay...mostly ripping Ripa. Made sure everybody saw how nasty and germy she really was. I post regularly on the GA boards...well used to. And I kept it to one or two posts...

to me the people who only saw the clip of clay putting hand over mouth took her side..when they watched the other clips they could easily see she made a mountain out of a molehill. I mean the entire show was snarky and that's all he was trying to do..shut her ass up for a minute...the fact that she was ignoring him trying to get a word in should have gotten more play.

What?!?!? Play disobeyed?!??! gasp

I was weak. I also made somebody next to me put their hands up too.

Oh, he looks freakishly good at the AMAs!

Oh, the lip syncing was on the ATDW commercial clips they showed - you know, where Clay clearly went to the William Shatner School of Acting!

Overly!Emoting!Clay!

Hee...you sure love your cheese. Y'know he did end up with several videos on line...wallmart, Yahoo, then these videos. I really think Clay is just not into the video thing and he probably didn't wantto spend too much on soemthign taht won;t get played on MTV. I am still hoping for one for LNM...if they ever want to release it as a single. No not giving up on ATDW yet.

Y'all know what my favorite clack of the last month and half is?

It's the video from somebody's cell phone of the WY video in Thailand. That was just so neat!

I love the fact that we first found out about it from the Philippines...so the fans in thailand tried to catch the video from the same show and then we got it her in North America. HEE...what a long route it travelled.

LOL why do I think you and I aren't talking the same language.

Yeah, well...you might not SPEAK it all that much, but I know for a fact you understand it well.

Here's another goodie:

scatgif_gerwhisp.gif

Scattin' Clay!

Love that scatting Clay...he looked so cute...oh and I also loved the clips that didn;t make it to the show...

do you all know what I'm talking about??? the sitting on his lap clip? and the My new celebrity crush is you clip.... so cute and flirty.

WooHoo, we had an insider there.!!!

I didn't do much defending of Clay...mostly ripping Ripa. Made sure everybody saw how nasty and germy she really was. I post regularly on the GA boards...well used to. And I kept it to one or two posts...

to me the people who only saw the clip of clay putting hand over mouth took her side..when they watched the other clips they could easily see she made a mountain out of a molehill. I mean the entire show was snarky and that's all he was trying to do..shut her ass up for a minute...the fact that she was ignoring him trying to get a word in should have gotten more play.

Yeah...the thing is...what got to me about her tirade was that bit about CLay not doing it to Regis. The suggestion that Clay only did it to her cos she is a woman is just so wrong ...that sounds like something that would come from a cumbag like HS. Well Regis wouldn;t be so rude as to completely ignore Clay...he also had age and stature in his side. I don't think Clay would never do that to Rosie ... or with any other person cos they do not do that to others. I can see him doing it to Jimmy...or another comedian. Kelly does this kind of physical comedy all the time...she disrespects other people all the time for the sake of comedy...so Clay didn't hesitate to do it to her too.

i missed this phillipines clack...what is it?

It didn;t really come from the Philippines. The WY video was shown in the philippines. This was before it came out on AOL. So everyone was trying to find a way to capture it giving the philippine fans advise. In the end the Thailand fans captured it with their cellphone camera.

So what about the snowflake thing...

post-2-1164510139_thumb.jpg

This was truly one of the most gorgeous set of pictures ever...I don't know what was different then. he was jsut glowing, the hair was perfect and did y'all listen to the speech...so natural...makes me so proud

Ansa, I don't think I ever saw a clip of Tyra sitting on Clay's lap. I thought I watched all of the Tyra clips.

Really well...let me get the link to you tube...not to be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-PYGbGXaIw...ted&search=

this is not to be missed...I bet this clip is on Clack Unlimited now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EH2JA-oUwk...ted&search=

this is the clay crush...hello!!!

these are the only clips from you tube that wasn't on the show.

actually I woudl like to compare the Tyra recap with the show to see what else they had to cut off. I know that some of the reports were during the commercial breaks.

Hey, I don't like being controlled by anyone, what can I say. I am no one's puppet.

Now I do admire Clay for his quick wit, I would just nver volutarily step into the firing line., I have always been a bit slow in thinking up responses. Notice I am usually several posts behind the one I am commenting on? I am not quick in verbal stuff, usually a comment or two behind in a conversation as well.

The people loving Kelly Ripa is overestimated. I was really shocked at my in-law-in-laws insulting her all through dinner - not just about Clay, but about everything - they love their Rosie.

In the Tyra Clip, I liked the way he entered the stage with a strange kid like swagger - he certainly looked like a teen on that show, alothough his interview skills were interesting.

I wish there would be a host or two who would let Clay sub for them one night, without a co-host with issues.

Hey, I don't like being controlled by anyone, what can I say. I am no one's puppet.

Now I do admire Clay for his quick wit, I would just nver volutarily step into the firing line., I have always been a bit slow in thinking up responses. Notice I am usually several posts behind the one I am commenting on? I am not quick in verbal stuff, usually a comment or two behind in a conversation as well.

The people loving Kelly Ripa is overestimated. I was really shocked at my in-law-in-laws insulting her all through dinner - not just about Clay, but about everything - they love their Rosie.

In the Tyra Clip, I liked the way he entered the stage with a strange kid like swagger - he certainly looked like a teen on that show, alothough his interview skills were interesting.

I wish there would be a host or two who would let Clay sub for them one night, without a co-host with issues.

hee...does Kimmel ever have repalcement hosts???

Actually I think the best one would be LK. I think Clay is funniest when he is not pressured to be funny. When he is just making conversations. I don't know how he would fare in a monologue situation. During the concerts, he needs someone to banter with.

Clay should just be proactive on this talk show thingie... put together something in his studio (wait, does he have a studio) and shop it around. I think he said he likes audience pariticipation a la Donahue and I can really see him tackling important issues which means Clay Nation's collective head would explode every day.

I also think he works well off others..so either a co-host or audience participation would be key probably.

Yeah that was a great night Ansa..and yet still more clack I haven't watched. I need to be horsewhipped. I dub tomorrow Clack watching day.

OMG...you haven't seen the speech? I hear there are better Clack coming...or did it come out already. I love how he took over the show from the host. So commanding. And he was such a gentleman to the ladies around...and to the kids such a playful guy. what a contrast to the guy ripacrite tried to portray.

Thanks Ansa I've seen them all now for sure. I haven't downloaded any of the Tyra clack cause we recorded it on Dish network DVD, but I probably should download it and make a DVD, cause I'm sure hubby wont want to keep it on there indefinitly.

One week from tonight, I'll be sitting in the audience in Merrillville, watching Clay sing or (seng) beautiful Christmas songs to me.....