First show...Genesee Theatre, Waukegan, IL

Ansamcw

An important bit of info I just saw reported:

There was NO security searching done. Everyone got into the venue with everything.......if you know what I mean.

Well, Clackity Clack Clack Clack!!

Inside the Genessee Theatre - just gorgeous!

Genesseinside1_big.jpg

Just got off the phone with HeidiHo, who has arrived at the venue. Yes, bottlecap, that's exactly how she described it...except add lots of poinsettas. The place is thoroughly decorated for Christmas. She also said that the orchestra seats take up the entire stage.

I'm going to try and stay awake for her after-the-show phone call. My husband thinks that if I'm going drive tomorrow, I should sleep tonight. Silly man.

An important bit of info I just saw reported:

There was NO security searching done. Everyone got into the venue with everything.......if you know what I mean.

Well, Clackity Clack Clack Clack!!

Inside the Genessee Theatre - just gorgeous!

Genesseinside1_big.jpg

WOW beautiful...quite a fitting backdrop for the beautiful man that will sing on that stage tonight.

I was just going to post about the lax security...YAY

and I do believe Scarlett is now in the building...we will have Clack!!!!

The orchestra is on first - Joy to the World, I think. It's very underwatery, unfortunately.

The announcer said that Clay would be on in the second part after a brief intermission. They also made a "No electronic recording devices" annoucement, but PPPFFFFTTT to that. I hope....

The orchestra is on first - Joy to the World, I think. It's very underwatery, unfortunately.

The announcer said that Clay would be on in the second part after a brief intermission. They also made a "No electronic recording devices" annoucement, but PPPFFFFTTT to that. I hope....

Never stopped Claynation before...no Jerome sightings?

From CB:

OK - THERE IS JINGLE BELLS. CAPER SAYS THAT VOICES COME OVER BETTER THAN SHE EXPECTS THE ORCHESTRA TO. SO, THERE IS HOPE....

Someone is talking on the CV stream. It sounded vaguely like Clay and there was screaming, but the sound quality sucks, so I just don't know!! AAARRRGGHH!

ETA a correction to what I thought I heard:

This is what the screams earlier were about:

Posted by GBB at the CH:

"Clay Aiken will be coming out." (Audience screams) "If that doesn't warm your heart, nothing will."

I'm assuming the announcer said this.

Edited by bottlecap

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Holly and Ivy...this is the orchestra...CH is now streaming from the venue...

beautiful arrangement...mostly piano and woodwind

From CH:

I don't think I saw any merchandise outside. They also announced to cameras or recording.

Next song is unfamiliar to me...mostly strings right now...beautiful but is not a christmas song I would recognize.

The applause kinda hurts the ears...

What child is this...again the arrangment is very beautiful...very delicate.

I like the arrangements of the songs so far. The sound quality is not the best but tolerable.

Nutcracker suite...

I think the conductor talked to audience about the weather and a bit about Clay that he will come in after the intermission.

From CH:

the conductor offered people to dance in the aisles with the sugarplum fairies. Hee

I just love the Nutcracker...Tchaikovsky is my favorite composer...

I love listening to the music from the Nutcracker, too. I normally try to catch the ballet on PBS.

If only I was hearing it tonight...I'm biting my nails, hoping CV can get a good connection for the Clay sections.

Edited by bottlecap

I love listening to the music from the Nutcracker, too. I normally try to catch the ballet on PBS.

If only I was hearing it tonight...I'm biting my nails, hoping CV can get a good connection for the Clay sections.

Good luck guys...

Whoo hooo...I'm at Muski's...she's cooking something that smells great...we're listening to the pod cast interview...it is GREAT! Wow! We're going to tune in to the Clayversity cellcert when they come back on. If the Clayversity cellcert remains sucky...we'll try CH...how is it coming in?

Edited by muskifest

couchie...I suppose that is you...

You probably could go into the CH stream...if you remember your password that is...heh

the orchestra is done

I think that means time for Clay!!!!

CH intermission....

Intermission report is a bit crazy right now they are just trying to hear each other...everybody going helllllooooo

this is funny..I keep wanting to shout...we can hear you!!!!

ACCCHHHH now its jsut the dial tone sound..whew...gone now.

HAte...the ...sound...of...silence...

ah something is back...

place is packed...when he was doing the inital announcment about Clay there was a huge cheer and the orchestra was looking very amused ...they seem not to used ot getting such a great reception.

the audience is very receptive...they gave teh orchestra a standing O lead by Ethel..hee

spot is working on the clack logistics...there is a stict no camera policy

hey ldyjocelyn a shout out to you...they say hello...

no tour merchandise...and standard free program.

they saw the tour bus and saw the huge tv playing CNN...

cellcerter is right in front of Clay so if he coughs up a kidney they can catch it...the cellcerter is doing lots of different accent...quite cute.

more older audience..lots of audiecne are dressed up and very little people under 30...

the crowd I think is mostly for Clay cos there is a lot of cheers.

the place is pretty crammed.

Jesse Vargas is out there now...he is at the piano with a lto fo scores.