Engelwood, NJ: Bergen Performing Arts Center

Ansamcw

The Bergen Performing Arts Center has a capacity of 1,367.

The CV cellcerter says the venue looks like a refurbished movie theater - it's very long and narrow. The stage is not very deep, so Clay won't have much room to manuver in front of the orchestra.

It's 7:50, and the orchestra members are taking their seats. The annoucer said the performance is in two parts, so it should be the regular program - symphony, than Clay.

Cellcerter estimates it's 80% or more full.

Edited by bottlecap

From the CH

Just got a report from playbiller, at the concert - the balcony is sold out except for the last two rows!

The cellcerter keeps going on about how small the stage is - the conductor will be right behind Clay.

The crotch talk has started already.... :P

The show is starting.

So far the sound quality for the music is not great. Angels We Have Heard on High / Joy to the World / Deck the Halls - very fast medley.

Edited by bottlecap

Hey! My scoop got scooped!

y'all are quick! But yes, looks pretty full at the theater....according to playbiller.

I am jellus as heck.

bwah ...sowwy...need to do something while waiting for Clay

She has already hung up, I think she will call back at intermission...the sound wasn't coming over her cell phone too well.

But will def. tell her everyone said Hi!!

yup hi from me too...

Let It Snow.

What Child is This.

The strings and the percussion are coming through on the stream pretty well, but the conductor is still hard to hear. Hopefully, Clay will be more intelligible.

Something Strauss-ish now. Definitely a waltz.

playbiller has been counting seats and says there are less than 120 left in the building....

thats pretty funny...

so Clay is out and singing...CW

that weird cos there was a really long pause between the announcement and when the cheers started and Clay came out singing.

Sounding really good as usual...I really like this song as the beginning of the concert.

oops we lost the signal

its back and its in and out.

Just read this at the CH as part of a Verona recap. The bolded part made me smile.

The musicians were fully engaged last night and seemed to have a great time. One female musician was crying at the end of AIW.

Yup makes me schmoopie

YAY we are back for TF...very clear for Clay...and he is adding so much flourishes...he really is feeling so much more confident with his voice...