Red Banks, NJ... Count Basie Theatre

Ansamcw

Guest Guest_crg_*

Show starts at 8 pm...

Clay comes on at 9 pm

board reports start getting posted at 7:30

please post if you are going to this concert so we can start a FCA representing list

I will be there...my last concert for 2006

I will be there ! Eisenhower Hall on Fri and Red Banks on Sat. (dragging my hubby to both of the concerts)

From the CV cellcert: The venue is crowded and noisy. The stage is pretty packed, with limited space for Clay to roam. The backdrop is black drapery. The venue may be sold out - I believe it seats around 1,500 to 1,700. The same orchestra as at Englewood.

The certer is speculating that the crowd will be extremely Clay-fan heavy since it sold out really quickly.

From CV:

Jerome told (a fan) that Clay was doing well. That was early this afternoon.

Hee, The CV cellcerter said the number the orchestra just played was a Mongolian Polka - maybe it'll be on Clay's next album. It came complete with whip-cracking sound effects, although they are in Joisy, so maybe it was Mob-related gunfire - protecting their territory from incursions by the World Dominatrix and minions. :P

Hee, The CV cellcerter said the number the orchestra just played was a Mongolian Polka - maybe it'll be on Clay's next album. It came complete with whip-cracking sound effects, although they are in Joisy, so maybe it was Mob-related gunfire - protecting their territory from incursions by the World Dominatrix and minions. :P

LOL!!

Hee. I think the crowd was a little too enthusiatic when the conductor announced their last number before intermission. Oh, well, I don't think the orchestra has too much doubt about who the crowd is there to see.

Intermission has just started - it's about 8:50.

CH cellstream is up... Solo is our hostess

Old theater... accoustics aren't the best...not in best shape...needs restoration

Show is sold out.

solo said it looks like a mostly us crowd.

Clay has been introduced...lots of screems

Christmas Waltz... he seems very far away..sounds good

Getting starting a little late tonight - Jesse will be conducting.

Clay is introduced, and for some reason, there is screaming. Imagine that.

I think the certer said black suit, no tie, no glasses.

It may have been revised to a gray (?) suit and dark shirt. No stubble report yet.

From the CH

Nice hair

No Glasses

No Tie

Brown shirt - brown suit/maybe gray suit - black shirt

straight narrow pants

I can't hear any of the banter...

crowd is ooohing and aahing saying yes, no..he has them in the palm of his hand....

Per QM at CV, Someone just asked him to say Hi! to Jemock.

CV: Mary (tour manager) just received a "pink Clay jacket" I guess from the group that was wearing them the last few concerts.

CB says stubble.

Some banter with the pink jacket ladies - sending Mary into the audience for something.

Since Jesse is a Jersey boy, he will be doing the singing tonight. Oh, you're not into that, huh.

Someone in the audience was yapping something about "Jemock" I think and Clay had no idea what she was talking about.

Doing the MCWL intro with many interruptions.

Talking about the Christmas version of the ARLG - if he says Jesus, Christmas, etc. - "snow bells" - and then did a riff on what he was really trying to say.

Still dizzy, and the high pitched squealing doesn't help.

Looking for guys to raise their hands, did you get dragged here? Yada, yada, yada.

very frustrating..I can make out like every 10th word..so know he's doing binocs schtick right now

From CV:

He just told a man that "the fact that you are here now will help you when you get home "

and the crowd........and orchestra...........laughed like crazy !!!

====

WW introing Jesse I don't know all the words to the songs, I kinda make em up. Jesus, snowman, snowbells? making a joke about it. I have an ear infection. I've been falling down quite a bit. If I fall into the audience this group might eat me. We're family, I want to talk for a minute. Raise your hand if you've never been to a Clay Aiken concert. Some guy fell asleep. The fact that you're here will help you at home? How much were thoese seats? $58

The CV certer thought he might still be a bit dizzy, but he was still on his feet.

Getting ready to do Word of the Day.

The audience seems to be especially rowdy and vocal tonight.

It sounds like Jamie was wearing the pink jacket from the fan group.

From CV:

Clay says, intro to the word of the night "we want you to take something home with you "

and

screamer goes: "YOU "

Clay ............"no, knowledge"

hey ladyJ...sounds like he's on a roll today

He does...this show is turning into half singing, half talking. I think I like that.

I still say he's shopping "Every Day with Clay Aiken" around with this show....

He sounds good singing...but can't hear a word of the banter at all....