I'm Spying....

Couch Tomato

This topic is list who you chose and to give a summary of what you know about the person before google alerts start.

I chose:

Anderson Cooper - He honestly only came into my consciousness during Hurricane Katrina. I know now he hosted the Mole which I did not see. That he was on the early early ABC news which ..come on people... I slept through that. I heard his mom was Gloria Vanderbilt. And I don't know if whether he is gay is common knowledge or not at all true. I know no details on his personal life although I'm going to read his book soon. I know that he has risen fast through the ranks at CNN thanks to his hard hitting but sympathetic coverage during Hurricane Katrina.

Jennifer Hudson - My favorite idol on season 3. Don't believe she was treated all that badly on the show. She had her great nights. She also screwed up. She had raw talent and was improving. I'm pretty sure she is from Chicago but other than that have no personal knowledge of her. I saw Dreamgirls and I expect her to win every award under the sun in her first acting role. I do believe she now has a recording contract with RCA or one of the sister companies.

And cuz I'm greedy I'm also going to do my favorite tv actress at the moment, Kate Walsh. She plays Addison Montgomery on Gray's Anatomy. I never saw the actress before the show. I don't know anything about her personally. She has the best hair in America.

I'm picking three:

1) Harrison Ford. I've been a fan of his for many years, since the days of Star Wars. I've lost a lot of interest in him lately, mostly due to his film choices, but I still do like watching his work. With the new Indiana Jones movie slated for filming very soon, news should be picking up on him.

2) Bono. I've been a fan of U2 since "The Joshua Tree" came out in 1987, and have collected any and all of their albums since (plus gotten the back catalog besides). I used to pick up magazines about them as well, but not any more (due to Clay...heh). Bono has a reputation as a God among rock stars, with all his humanitarian work, and his Christian beliefs. HOWEVER -- he used to also have a reputation as a drinker and partier, and I also think that his political workings will probably bring up some interesting pro/con articles.

3) Alicia Keyes. I'm not a big fan of hers at all. However, I wanted to get someone in the music business who was a) female; B) with possible rumors about her sexuality (I seem to remember reading that in some Clay boards); and c) approximately in the same position as Clay career-wise (isn't she due for her fourth album shortly? See how much of a fan I am? I don't even know that answer...). I thought it would also be interesting because she was one of Clive Davis' darlings a few years ago.

P.S. I've discovered that you can also set up a separate Google alert for any blog entries....so I've set that up for my three celebrities as well. That could get VERY interesting....

I'll do:

1) Matt Damon. I'm just getting in touch with that fandom again, so it's been fun looking at it from a Clay fan perspective.

2) Tyra Banks. She seems popular, but there does seem to be a bit of tabloid sniping, lately.

This should be fun.

I will do...

1) Kat McPhee...this pretty AI5 runner up has been dogged by controversy...from her eating disorder...her joining the AI tour late...to her lack of tact in answering interviews. She often reminds me of Clay cos she can be very polarizing too. She is about to bring out her debut album...AI observers think she is Clives new favorite and that she will get primo promo. So far her single will be impacting on Jan 16...two weeks before her drop. Not really too much time to build up on radio. So now I am curious if she would indeed be given special attention.

2) Josh Groban...many Clay fans look at his career trajectory with envy. They think he has it made and wonders why Clay can't have that kind of support. As far as I can tell...aside from the fact he sings pop/opera...he is truly rather boring. So lets see if he gets as much press and what kind of interest he generates.

I have chosen to get a once a day alert for these two and have changes my Clay alert to once a day too...It will be interesting to compare how much alerts they have each day.

Oops. I put this in main. Sorry!

I'll bite the bullet and take Nick Lachey. I'm thinking he's somewhat close to Clay in age, and I want to try and pick at least one that could be considered part of the same peer group. And besides JT, I can't think of another high profile male pop singer. An added benefit - I know nothing at all about him. I don't think I've ever even heard him sing. Really, I've managed to miss him completely.

I think I'll also do Elijah Wood and Leonardo Dicaprio. I don't know anything about them either, but they popped into my head.

Close to the same exact post. as out there ...

Edited by strummer6

I picked Ben McKenzie (of the O.C.) just because I like him and I'd like to keep tabs on what he's up to once the O.C. is off the air. :P Is it ok to use Yahoo alerts instead of Google? That's what I use for Clay as well.

yahoo alerts are just fine. Of course for Clay I did both..just in case LOL.

I don't know how to get either Google or Yahoo alerts! Could someone please fill me in on that and I'll be thinking of who I would like to track. Some of you already have picked the first ones I thought of.

I don't know how to get either Google or Yahoo alerts! Could someone please fill me in on that and I'll be thinking of who I would like to track. Some of you already have picked the first ones I thought of.

In Google:

1) Go to news.google.com

2) Do a search for your "victim." (As a librarian helpful hint, put quotes around their name to keep the terms together, ie., "Clay Aiken.")

3) At the bottom of the results screen, click on the link for "Create an email alert."

4) Fill out the form that appears regarding if you just want news links, etc., and how often you want the alerts, and then click on "Create Alert."

Hey is no one taking Kelly????

nah not the yucky Kelly Ripacrite...but CLay friend Kelly Clarkson.

If no one wants to take her I might... I am curios as to how her promo will shape up this year. But I already have two people....

I chose

1) Pierce Brosnan: cuz he's pretty and I'm shallow.

2) Justin Timberlake: since he had the nerve to outsell Clay this year! (Of course, he's always outsold Clay - but that doesn't seem to count. Of course, Justin's label is just screwing him totally over now - he sold 1.1 million albums in one day before - bad marketing! Bad!)

OK I added Fantasia to my googling duties. Love her. I know she has critical aclaim but her success has been what I consider moderate. For instance she can't seem to carry her own concert tour...but she gets great gigs opening for big name acts like Alicia Keys and Jamie Fox and usually gets the best reviews. Her latest album isn't doing well but her movie was the highest rated Lifetime movie ever, scary considering how bad her acting was. I guess I wanted to see what's out there about her now that someone else from her season is grabbing accolades and the spotlight.

In Google:

1) Go to news.google.com

2) Do a search for your "victim." (As a librarian helpful hint, put quotes around their name to keep the terms together, ie., "Clay Aiken.")

3) At the bottom of the results screen, click on the link for "Create an email alert."

4) Fill out the form that appears regarding if you just want news links, etc., and how often you want the alerts, and then click on "Create Alert."

:rai

nbowsmile:

I have been sign up for the e-mail alert a while ago i am glad i did