The Riches

luckiest1

This show can be streamed from a variety of sites on the 'net, including http://www.alluc.org and http://www.tv-links.co.uk. It can also be bought from iTunes. In the US, I believe the season finale has already happened, but in Canada it can be seen on Showcase every Wednesday at 10 pm EST. Next week will be episode #6.

I have watched the first 3 episodes so far, and I'm loving it! Wheeee! Very fresh and original. Love all the characters. Great acting too!

I'm through episodes one and two at this point. I have to be honest here -- I was starting to get a bit bored toward the end of episode two....until the v.v. end, when he answered the phone. THAT got me wanting to watch episode three to see where THAT is going to lead.

I'm going to take my time with the episodes, since the show won't be back on in the USA for a while here.

My opinions: love the acting. I think Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver are both fantastic. I also really like the daughter. The next door lady is fun too -- I hope she and the Minnie Driver character form a good friendship. In a way, though -- once the story was set up, I found some of it a bit predictable. I think though that will change as I get into more and more episodes.

The funniest part of the second episode was the arm. 'Nuff said.

Well the do add a wrinkle every episode I think ...I am at episode 5.

Wow this is tough...how will we talk about this without spoilering people.

Maybe we can label our post...what episode we are talking about...so people can skip when they don;t want to be spoilered.

I really love the relationship of the family. I totally LOVE sam...what a cutie...love the daughter and minnie and Eddie of course.

Its funny cos both eddie and minnie are British so its funny to hear them without the accents.

Its funny cos both eddie and minnie are British so its funny to hear them without the accents.

Yeah, and how weird was it to hear them speaking with the British accent briefly in one episode? Hee.

I finished episode 5 today. It's really one of the best TV shows I've watched in a long time - I had pretty much given up on TV in the last few years, with the exception of watching CSI (because my son got hooked) and, more recently, House. I haven't watched a good drama in ages. But I have to agree with Clay that there are some laugh out loud moments, too!

I think I am going to stop watching online and pick up the series on Canadian TV this Wednesday. Can't wait for episode six!

I am watching this series on Showcase in Canada. I think last night was episode 8? It was the one where they hold a fake investor's meeting, using people from the trailer park as actors portraying millionaires. It was just an awesome episode, quite an ingenious story line. And they pulled it off! Hee.

Loved, loved, loved the ending with them in bed, discussing all they'd accomplished. Just a beautifully romantic scene. Now, I'm going to have to watch episode 9 online, either that or tape it, cuz I'm going to be a little busy next week on Wednesday at 10 pm! :Tour3:

So did anyone watch this through the finale? I got too busy after episode 8,and then when I went back online to find the rest they were gone. Luckily ansa showed me how to use torrents so I am d/l the entire first season. I watched episode 9 last night, so I have 4 more to go. I am pretty sure I recognized the actress who played Chunky K but I just can't think where from! Anyone know? I guess I should go back and read the credits, LOL. I thought she was great - and I loved the scene where she was carving the roast and just looked at the knife. Hilarious stuff.

I read that season 2 will air starting in January and that there will be 13 new episodes. I hope they air in Canada again. So far this season the only things I am looking forward to watching again are this, CSI and House. I am so not a TV buff.

Edited by luckiest1

So did anyone watch this through the finale? I got too busy after episode 8,and then when I went back online to find the rest they were gone. Luckily ansa showed me how to use torrents so I am d/l the entire first season. I watched episode 9 last night, so I have 4 more to go. I am pretty sure I recognized the actress who played Chunky K but I just can't think where from! Anyone know? I guess I should go back and read the credits, LOL. I thought she was great - and I loved the scene where she was carving the roast and just looked at the knife. Hilarious stuff.

I read that season 2 will air starting in January and that there will be 13 new episodes. I hope they air in Canada again. So far this season the only things I am looking forward to watching again are this, CSI and House. I am so not a TV buff.

Do you have to pay for Torrents? Is Torrents only available in Canada?

Me too! I don't think we'll get it here in Canada, but if I can find downloads of it (and I'm sure I will be able to) I will be one happy camper! It's strange, I barely turn the TV on anymore, since everything is in repeats, but there are a couple of shows that I can download and watch online.