Nov 6 Taping of Xmas Skating Extravaganza

Couch Tomato

I love that Man hes awesome :DoClay: lol

my first time to see clay in July and I want to see first hand what the fuss is all about I hear people say clay rocks I have his cd saw him on tv but never in person. I Just dont want to pass out when I see for my self cause I will miss everything if I pass out thanks

I would not worry about passing out - but....beware of the "Aiken Fog". The Aiken Fog is when you watch him so intently that you don't remember anything afterwards ans have to watch video aferwards to remember.

This is a common ailment.

Skating. My sister is bugging me to go. I told her it would be expensive (plane, dog sitter, hotel, food party!!!), she keeps saying this is a one time thing and it will probably be the only time she can combine her love of skating shows with her love of Clay. ...Isn't that why people bug their husbands?

I would not worry about passing out - but....beware of the "Aiken Fog". The Aiken Fog is when you watch him so intently that you don't remember anything afterwards ans have to watch video aferwards to remember.

This is a common ailment.

Skating. My sister is bugging me to go. I told her it would be expensive (plane, dog sitter, hotel, food party!!!), she keeps saying this is a one time thing and it will probably be the only time she can combine her love of skating shows with her love of Clay. ...Isn't that why people bug their husbands?

The Aiken Fog. Yup had that at the last concert i went to.. I remember bits and pieces of the actucal concert but i had to go look for video and stuff to remember it all.

I'm seriously thinking of flying out for this. I must be nuts.

See, this is the thing. My daughter is an Elton John fanatic. We've seen him live close to home a couple of times. But she's always wanted to go to Vegas and see his Red Piano show. Apparently, the current run ends on Nov. 5th. And Clay is singing on Nov. 6th. And I am a figure skating freak. All these things add up to - WE CANNOT MISS THIS, MOM!!!!!! :nature-smiley-013: Of course, my two teenaged sons have gotten wind of our plans, and now they want to come too. Oy.

So, we are looking into package deals. Fly out on maybe the Saturday or early Sunday so we have some time for sight seeing....Elton on the Monday.....Clay on the Tuesday......fly home on the Wednesday.

I think I need an intervention. Or someone who is more familiar with Vegas to tell me where to find the best deals. ;)

Intervention???? whats that??? only enablers here...hee

that sounds like a wonderful trip for you and your family. I really love travelling with my girls. If I had the money I would've brought my girls to CA..unfortunately..So I say...if you can afford it ..go for it.

Good luck on hunting down deals...I would think that date was off season so I hope you get lots of package deals.

I'm seriously thinking of going, too! I went to a show like this a couple of years ago. There was a rather forgettable singer (can't even remember who it was) and a bunch of Olympic skaters performed. It was wonderful! But with Clay?? My gawd, it will be fantastic!

Wonder what the ticket prices will be, and how difficult it will be to get good tickets.

Is anyone else interested in attending a performance of The Beatles LOVE - Cirque du Soleil in Vegas? I just watched the Larry King interview from last night on tape, with Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and Olivia, and now there is no freaking way I can go to Vegas and not go and see it.

Anyways, tickets are available here, four months in advance. So we still have a few days. LOL.

Ok, :fca: I just took the plunge, but the price was right. crimsonice and I just bought a package deal for flight and hotel, arriving Nov. 3rd and departing Nov. 7th. We will have Saturday and most of Sunday for sight seeing, then we plan to go to the Beatles' Love on Sunday night, followed by Elton John and the Red Piano on Monday and Clay and the Holiday on Ice show on Tuesday. :me0:

Although I'm not concentrating on this yet I will be there. I'm just concerned about getting a ticket. The place to stay and transp aren't that important to me right now. I'll sleep on the street. heh. ANd I'll drive up if need be. So I'll see you there Lucky!! I'll be in Vegas for a week in August so hopefully I'll deal with all this then.

I don't anticipate there being any problem getting tickets to the skating event. They rarely sell out - not in this day and age, anyways. I don't really care where I sit (the closer to Clay the better, obviously) but I just want to be in the building. Same for Elton (we are in the mezzanine) and the Beatles' Love (probably get the cheapest tickets we can find). This is huge for us - only place outside Canada we've ever flown is NC....and once to Cuba for a family vacation. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! See ya there, couchie! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, how do you find the best deal in flying to LV? all the prices I see are outrageous - like 400 dollars from my major link airport! There should be cheaper flights, I thought there were gambling deals, although I don't have a rep as a gambler - you never know.

Any ideas where I can apply to win a trip to LV?

OK, how do you find the best deal in flying to LV? all the prices I see are outrageous - like 400 dollars from my major link airport! There should be cheaper flights, I thought there were gambling deals, although I don't have a rep as a gambler - you never know.

Any ideas where I can apply to win a trip to LV?

I always get sale prices to las vegas from expedia...they probably will have something like that soon. that can;t be travel season...

We booked ours through Expedia....first we looked for flights (out of Detroit which is always cheaper for us than flying out of Toronto) and then we clicked to include a hotel package, and ended up with a 4 star on the strip plus direct return flights for approx. $400 Cdn. We are staying 4 nights, so I think that is pretty darn good!

When I book through here I get a better deal for hotel and airfare than I can get on airfare alone. I think I have to leave from a different airport than my local one - like say one in Philly instead of Newark.

Edited by playbiller

According to LVClayCDparty at the OFC, who has been in touch with the venue, the stage will be between sections 101 & 119. Row AA (on ice, first row) is $100, rows BB - FF (second - sixth) are $75, and rows A - V (8th and up) are $45. She has organized a group sale (separate from the OFC presale this morning) and she has been promised the two closest sections to Clay (102 and 118) and about 12th row. Only problem is you have to commit prior to the presale.

Personally, I prefer to be closer to the ice than 12th row, just because I plan to try and take in both Clay and the skaters. So while I'll take something in 102 or 118 if I can get them close to the ice, I may opt for something closer to the ice but a bit farther away from Clay if they are available. Should be an interesting presale, anyways.

My bad....I think it is 10 am Pacific time that it starts.

Go to the OFC, Tours page, scroll down to the bottom, you will see the presale link and password. There is an option to register on the venue's site once you get there, so probably a good idea to do so and save time for later.