Aug. 18, West Palm Beach, FL

Ansamcw

WISYS, and now RHW.

The music sounds great, his singing fantastic.

The banter is iffy for me, although I get certain lines.

*and watch, that WON'T be what he actually said*

I gotta tell ya, my DMB fan son is still blown away by the idea of our board cellcerts. And they've been pioneers in the whole internet fandom thingy...

I love this. And I've got to say -- how many of us knew much about technology before Clay? I know I didn't.

Nice long note during RHW!!!

I agree. It's easy to get spoiled tho' ain't it?

I gotta tell ya, my DMB fan son is still blown away by the idea of our board cellcerts. And they've sorta been pioneers in the whole internet fandom thingy. They do have concert threads and get some live reports (old school cellcerts) and the band posts a live set list as it happens and offers the whole concerts for download on their site.

Only too easy.

YAY for the DMB fan in the family. I've heard a lot about their fandom and how effective they are.

Talking about how cool it is to have an orchestra on stage with him, because of the great sound.

And then blah blah blah....

Watches a lot of TV. Quiana watches a lot too....

..."but you watch a lot of crap that I don't."

"I watch QUALITY TV. What's the theme song to Maury Povich?

Some of these songs should have been full out album tracks"

Facts of Life theme, and now the Brady Bunch sing-a-long.

Jesse is adding the piano to this now! Hee.

I would guess from the laughter that he did the "finger puppet" thing again.

Now on the AI audition story...."did the most embarrasing thing."

Perfect Strangers.

Has he ever been to a Clay concert? (heh--probably not)

uh no...

But we do understand each other. I watch Dave & Co and I think I SHOULD like them, you know? But after about 30 secs my mind starts wandering and my eyes go dead. Not to mention I think Dave is funny looking and has weird hair. *g*

Edited by jamar1700

That's funny--I feel like I should like DMB too, but I just can't get into them. I like Dave Matthews the person a lot. I was a big Dead Head back in the day--didn't go on the road, but did listen to a lot of bootlegs that a friend who was a taper made. I love that kind of fan-generated experience, and to heck with the suit people. Most people have no idea that the Clay Aiken fandom is like that--course we're not "cool".

Hey -- I like Dave! I think he sings weird, but I do love their music.

I dunno...their music all sounds the same to me. :shrugs: I don't get it. But that's my point...really. They are fantastic to him and that's all I need to know...and vice versa.

Edited by jamar1700

I understand jamar, and kind of agree with you...but I do like their sound, so that makes it OK for me.

The audience is really getting into the TV medley at this point. I wonder if those who've NEVER seen this show understand how everyone else knows all these songs.

LOUD screams for the Jeffersons theme.

Having Jesse play the Matlock portion of the medley again on the piano.

Introducing Jesse.

I still can't hear the banter all that well.

TOA now.

I knew MOST of them before, although I'm not sure if I could have sung the ones I knew. I sure can now. Heh.

I don't know if I can deal with another album in early 2008. I don't think I recovered from what fans did with this album, writing people, trashing the album on Amazon, making anyone who likedthe album feel as if they were a traitor, etc. .

But on the bright side, whether the stream comes in bad or good, there will be clack and I am loving this tour, loved it from the first day, love it still.

Edited by playbiller

CH reporter said he's never looked so good--he's very smiley and happy tonight. He's on fire. He cracked himself up at the beginning of IWTKWLI because he guessed right who was starting. Lot of men there. Lots of young men, couples, teenagers. The orchestra is having fun. One guy in a ponytail in the orchestra is totally cracking up.

Edited by jmh123

I think what concerns me about the report of an early 2008 album is that some fans will be looking at their watches, tapping their feet, on January 1, 2008, saying "OK dude, where is it?" And if it doesn't happen until April, I think some (not all, just some) will be disappointed.

But on the bright side, whether the stream comes in bad or good, there will be clack and I am loving this tour, loved it from the first day, love it still.

OMG, play, you are so right. We're drowning in clack. And this tour holds a near and dear place in my heart -- I've loved every minute of it.

I think I've had good practice for not letting any fans spoil this next album for me. And, YAY, we have FCA!! Last time I wasn't here until after the fact.

It's a little girl in the front's mom he thought was going to kill him--he was really embarrassed, according to CH certer.

Edited by jmh123

I'm here...

he did the typical intro with AI...and divided the audience again...he was really into the orchestration of the audience participation

teased Quiana about buying a shirt she already owned,

someone shouted that you are never too fat for us...and thats when he said about the woman didn;t have the balls to tell me striaght...

later he realized he used a not too nice word...then he realized there was a little girl in thefront and he was really embarrassed and really felt bad ...so then he sang the next song to the little girl...