FCA recommends...DCAT SONGS...

Ansamcw

I volunteer to be the sucker noble individual (tm solo) who takes Gimme A Break in Solos place but I have no idea what "What's Happening" is? Is that a classic cuz it's not a TV medley. At least I've not heard it and I've heard them all.

If it's a classic maybe someone who has been deep in the classics can evaluate better. Pretty please! :lilredani::woman:

Hey, Toots, did you ever get this figured out? I was just reading through the thread and caught it. It comes between Laverne and Shirley and Growing Pains. I believe it's just a few seconds of instrumental. I was actually wondering if we should just take the recommendations for Growing Pains and apply them to What's Happening as well......

Thanks for all the compliments on the FCA pages, but really, the credit for those has to go to couchie. All I've done is added new stuff to what was already there. I agree that the colours and the layout are great! And the new design for the banner is courtesy of cindilu2.

Edited by luckiest1

I volunteer to be the sucker noble individual (tm solo) who takes Gimme A Break in Solos place but I have no idea what "What's Happening" is? Is that a classic cuz it's not a TV medley. At least I've not heard it and I've heard them all.

If it's a classic maybe someone who has been deep in the classics can evaluate better. Pretty please! :lilredani::woman:

Hey, Toots, did you ever get this figured out? I was just reading through the thread and caught it. It comes between Laverne and Shirley and Growing Pains. I believe it's just a few seconds of instrumental. I was actually wondering if we should just take the recommendations for Growing Pains and apply them to What's Happening as well......

Thanks for all the compliments on the FCA pages, but really, the credit for those has to go to couchie. All I've done is added new stuff to what was already there. I agree that the colours and the layout are great! And the new design for the banner is courtesy of cindilu2.

luckiest, I've never heard it but if it's between two others then it probably will be the same. Do you want me to do something more?

Well, I’m actually ready to post my recommendations for my part of the TV Medley! I listened to mp3s or videos from every concert. As others have said, Clay, Q & A were very consistent in the quality of their performances in the TV Medley. However, some orchestras were better than others, so I eliminated the ones that were out of tune or who weren’t quite together. I also eliminated the clips that weren’t the best audio quality.

A note about screaming fans - almost all of the Roseanne clips have screaming during Angela’s pole dance. If you don’t like screaming, don’t include Rosanne on your ipod or CD, cuz this song invites screaming. Also - some people prefer clips without audience singing. That can’t be avoided because almost all of the clips have audience singing on ‘Laverne & Shirley.’

So, here are my recommendations for:

Laverne & Shirley

Charles in Charge

Rosanne (Scarlett was more than happy to let me take this one for her!)

Who’s the Boss

1. 070817_Tampa_TVMedley_SlowandEasyScarlett - The audio quality is great, and Clay, Q & A are clearly having a great time. Clay hams it up while Q is singing ‘Charles’, and makes the audience laugh. He then sticks some money in Angela’s belt during ‘Roseanne,’ which gets a great audience reaction. He talks just a bit during ‘Who’s the Boss’, which is the only negative about this clip. Otherwise, it’s great fun for listening! And the vocal quality is excellent.

All of the other clips are pretty evenly matched. Here they are, in no particular order:

2. 70816_FtMyers_09_TVShowsMedley_4192spooky

3. 070818_WPB_TVMedley_spotlight lover

4. 070819_Orlando_TVMedley_Spotlightlover

Since this is a medley, I plan to use one of the above clips in its entirety for my ipod. I think it will be choppy to include clips from different cities as it will interrupt the flow of the medley. JMHO. There were other excellent recommendations for the TV Medley that would be great to use for the whole medley, as well.

The credit would go to Ansa since she designed the page.... heee

thanks Lucky..you're working it better than I ever did. Thanks Cindilu..cuz it took something special to make me give up the orange shirt.

Ooops. :cryingwlaughter: Way to go, ansa! :clap:

Since this is a medley, I plan to use one of the above clips in its entirety for my ipod. I think it will be choppy to include clips from different cities as it will interrupt the flow of the medley. JMHO. There were other excellent recommendations for the TV Medley that would be great to use for the whole medley, as well.

I totally agree with this, and I've put a couple of full medleys up on the FCA Media page just for this reason. However, just for the sake of completeness, I am ripping and posting each individual song from each medley as well.

Yeah, I'm anal. :fca:

So who's going to go find artquest and smack her around remind her? KAndre??

:cryingwlaughter: Don't forget merrieeee, YSRN and playbiller while you're at it. ;)

Since the awesome kind and wonderful Gibby :F_05BL17blowkiss: helped me escape a sporking with Roseanne *big wet sloppy MUAH!!!*, I'll volunteer to do this if artquest is still on vacation. I already listen to ATD constantly anyways.

No, I think we'll just give you a pass on it and copy and paste from Growing Pains. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I really thought I'd heard everything but obviously I missed it...sorry. Thank you for the pass :big hug:

Ooooh, Scarlett, I'd love to hear your recommendations for ATD! I love that song, cheese and all. I especially like the way the bridge builds, and how the volume and intensity ramp up after the bridge. Aw, heck, I like the whole thing. Clay sings the crap out of it.

And you're so welcome about Roseanne. It was between two of my songs, anyway. Whose idea was it to give that to you, anyway?? *hides from the sporker*

Okay, look you guys. I tried to pick a number one MOAM and just couldn't. So here's what I say:

For a 'different' MOAM---listened to it again last night and I STILL love the change ups in this one----Knoxville

For shear vocal beauty and strength and feeling? Take your pick: Ft. Myers, West Palm Beach, Orlando. Find the one that you enjoy most---maybe there's a change up in one that you particularly like that isn't in another. Maybe the high notes in one seem particularly poignant, and in another are delivered with more force than you like. We all respond uniquely to different elements of a performance, I think.

I listened to Scarlett's audio when it existed and dlh7777, but I still think each person hears different things and should just try out different downloads of a concert to pick the one she likes best. My contribution, therefore, is to suggest that you won't go wrong if you limit yourself to selecting the best of those three Florida MOAMs...and then throw in Knoxville for an extra measure of a man.

heh.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

muski, how does

Knoxville by Scarlett

Orlando by spotlightlover

Fort Meyers by Scarlett

West Palm Beach by Scarlett

sound? I have to put something on the page, you know. *g*

Just checked these out again, and I give this list a big ole' THUMBS UP! :clap:

And by the way, the VIDEO of some of these performances is to die for, too! Scarlett's WPB is loverly...and damn but Clay really, really got into the Orlando performance. sigh..... :DoClay:

Ok, I am trying to get this finished up and uploaded to the FCA Media page so that we can all move on to the excitement of the Neil Sedaka Tribute! and Vegas Holiday Skating Show! and CITH! and ultimately Spamalot!

I spoke to merrieeee this morning and she has decided to go with the same recommendations for WKRP as Gibby did for her portions of the TV Medley. I have everything uploaded to the site except for the two remaining: Sorry and ATD. Hopefully we can get those done in the next week or so, and then this puppy can be put to bed!

Thanks to everyone who participated. :clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lucky, I'm sorry about the lateness but my favorite is the Knoxville ATD because of the changeups and clarity of his singing. The audio file itself isn't very clean since there's some background noise -- you might recall the noisy guy behind us. It's still my first pick although if I had the choice and some extra time on my hands, I'd go into some editor and clean up the background noise a bit.

Also, the Orlando ATD is special because Sean and Jesse and Clay and Quiana switched.