FCA recommends...DCAT SONGS...

Ansamcw

Ok....I have some audio recommendations. Am I the first? Is this the right place to put them?

Right Here Waiting

1. West Palm Beach by 4192spooky. Highlights include complete intro with no screaming, prominent violins, and a beautiful, extra long CHAAAANCE.

2. Indio by 4192spooky. Highlights include complete intro, very muted audience noises, strong violins, and some nice change ups at the end.

3. San Diego by jojoct. Only includes partial intro, but has muted audience noise, a nice CHAAANCE with some melisma at the end, and a nice ending note.

4. Asheville by jojoct. Only includes a partial intro, but the vocals and violins are crisp (I think it makes a difference that this was an outdoor venue). This is probably a sentimental favourite for me!

5. Fort Meyers by Scarlett. While there is some chatter and laughter over the intro at the beginning, Clay's voice is prominent throughout, with a great CHAAANCE, some nice change ups and a strong ending note.

When I See You Smile

This one was a bit challenging, because Clay liked to goof around with it, insert banter, change lyrics, laugh, and generally have some fun! So I've included a mix of straight up versions, and some funnies as well.

1. Chautauqua by jojoct. Clear, strong vocals, nice addition of guitar during instrumental section.

2. Cary by TLS. Extremely strong vocals and nice orchestration (despite what's been said about the Raleigh Symphony!) Clay laughs and changes some words at the beginning.

3. Sterling Heights by huskerfalcon. Clear vocals, muted audience noise.

4. Fort Meyers by Scarlett. Great, strong vocals coupled with Clay cracking jokes over the intro and some audience laughter as Clay makes fun at Scarlett and Solo's expense. :cryingwlaughter:

5. Tulsa by spotlightlover. Clear, strong vocals, interspersed with some audience laughter.

Edited by luckiest1

KAndre quickly realizes that luckiest is one of those wonders of wonders, a workaholic! She plots to drag luckiest to her house and turn her loose....

Yes, you are the first! Yes, this is the right place!

Lawdy....so it would seem that y'all are expecting us to base our decisions on having listened to EVERY.FREAKING.VERSION.OF.THE.SONG.IN.CLACKLAND? :scream:

holyshit....and I honestly don't know how NOT to watch Clay singing if thar he is on my screen (yeah, I know how to turn my head away, shutup).....unless, of course, it's the Merrillville AIW until the very end. It HURTS me to watch all his facial contortions while he tries to make sure he sings that song well....

I digress...

Uh, well...okay, I'll try....if a video version just HAS to be one of the top choices, I'll get by with a little help from my more techie friends to rip the audio only, 'kay? :lilredani:

Lawdy....so it would seem that y'all are expecting us to base our decisions on having listened to EVERY.FREAKING.VERSION.OF.THE.SONG.IN.CLACKLAND? :scream:

holyshit....and I honestly don't know how NOT to watch Clay singing if thar he is on my screen (yeah, I know how to turn my head away, shutup).....unless, of course, it's the Merrillville AIW until the very end. It HURTS me to watch all his facial contortions while he tries to make sure he sings that song well....

I digress...

Uh, well...okay, I'll try....if a video version just HAS to be one of the top choices, I'll get by with a little help from my more techie friends to rip the audio only, 'kay? :lilredani:

well I never did. I only listened to the ones that he sang really well. Then I listen to all the available recording of those concerts where he was really good. I also find that some songs don't always have clips. WY for some strange reason is not all that popular with the clack gatherers.

Yeah, I'd narrow it down to the venues that you like the performance first, and then only listen to all the versions from those venues (and minimizing the clip is probably the easiest way to listen without watching). And while there's lots of audio-only files available, unless we get some from mime_fan this tour, none of it rivals the audio off of videos by some of the more prolific clack gatherers like Scarlett, jojoct, SLC, 4192spooky, etc. It's just better quality audio (not that I don't totally appreciate the audio clack, especially the full concerts, because I most certainly do!)

Four? I thought we were just supposed to pick one???

I am confused - like that is new!

hee this is just the top 3 or four. When we did this last time, we discovered that it is quite tough to narrow it down to the best one...so some people would recommend 3 for some reason or the top 3 ranked. I find this is good because at times I end up liking something that is not the top choice just because we all have different priority.

Ok, ya slackers.......got another two done today. OK, it kinda helped that I had to do this really boring online tutorial, and the videos that I was supposed to watch on WMP were the most useless things I'd ever seen....so no one was any the wiser that I was listening to Clay instead. :RedGuy: Here are the recommendations for my portions of the TV Medley:

The Jeffersons theme

There really was not a whole lot of variation in the performances of this song from night to night, so my rankings are pretty much based on clarity.

1. Asheville by jojoct - clear and clean

2. Chautauqua by jojoct - clear and clean with some audience noise

3. Tulsa by spotlightlover - clear but some audience noise

4. Columbus by toni7babe - clear but some audience noise

5. Atlanta by luvbenmeg - pretty clear with some audience noise

All In The Family theme

1. Sterling Heights by huskerfalcon - clear and clean, Clay's voice is strong as he hits the high note for Angela (who was having vocal problems that night)

2. Chautauqua by jojoct - clear and clean, minimal audience noise, nice orchestra ending

3. Columbus by toni7babe - clear audio, Clay laughs a bit at Quiana when she doesn't sing "hit", nice orchestra ending.

4. Tulsa by spotlightlover - clear audio, some audience noise

5. Orlando by spotlightlover - quite a bit of audience noise, but I had to include it since it was the final version, and Quiana outdoes herself by singing "hit" 3 times!

ETA that I have snipped the mp3s of these files, so just let me know where and when to upload them.

Edited by luckiest1

Somehow I got the idea that I was assigned Baby Got Back when I volunteered to take something... Did I imagine it, since I can't find the post anywhere...

Anyway, I am about 2/3 done on BGB and Kandre, if you haven't done it already, I will continue to do BGB.

So when we have recommendations do we just put them in this thread as a post?

This ain't exactly easy is it?

Well shit, if I could learn to comprehend what I read, this edit would not have to be another fucking edit. I answered my own question by reading here.

Yes Toots, this is the place.

Edited by Toots

I'm doing Welcome Back Kotter and Full House. Since they are sung within minutes of each other, I've found the quality of the audio or video and Clay's voice are the same.

My question is can I just take them as one because that's basically what I'm doing now. If the sound is clean, no screaming, no static, no talking in the background it seems to be the same for both songs. I would choose one audio or video for both.

Is this making any sense to you...?

I'm enjoying that voice so much. Such talent!

O.K. After I make my recommendations, after I post them here, what do I do? Don't know how to get them into FCA media, don't know diddly squat? I can download but need a baby sitter for uploads.

Many of the best sets are on video so what then?

Toots, I'd be happy to rip the audio from the video for you.

Thank you Gibby but how do I get the audio and video in here? The audio is in my ITunes, the video is in Windows Media Player. What's my next move? My missing link if you will!

Everybody only need make your recommendations.

We will then need people to do whatever ripping is necessary.

Ansa, Lucky, or I will do the uploading and setting up the recommendations page on FCA.

(So Toots, if you know what's what, you work is done. Gibby if you can rip her recommendation, great.)

The uploading will be the last step