I just can't cope, without my soap

Couch Tomato

OK might as well start this one.

Soap fanatic my entire life. Have probably watched them all at one point or another. I remember coming home from school - 6th grade - and watching Dark Shadows. I watched the CBS soaps early on cuz my mom watched them. Turned to ABC soaps in college. Quit watching the ABC soaps one by one until I only had OLTL left..tuned that out about 5 years ago.

I've been peaking in on General Hospital again because I wanted to see Laura's return. I DVD-R it so can skip all the crap I don't like, which is quite a bit. But usually stop tape to see

Jason with everyone but Sam..unless, OH I can't say because YSRN hasn't seen it yet heh.

I love the new storyline with Sonny and Kate -- enough with Sonny and Carly. I like the boiling hate between Rick and Sonny.

I wish they would move Sonny and Jason out of the mobster world. It's old and tired.

I love Spinelli and I think I want him with...oh I can't say because YSRN is so far behind. :medium-smiley-070:

I love Lulu - I think she is perfectly cast and has a nice mix of her parents.

I love the Quartermaines..

I even like Robin and Patrick - although I think they have the better storyline on General Hospital Nightshift.

I don't like Jax and have never liked him so I kinda skip over his storylines. Did I say I hate Sam and Lucky?

Love Elizabeth but she needs to woman up and leave Lucky.

Maxie Maxie Maxie -- I want to cold cock her but she's such a good actress.... wench.

I miss Luke.

heh

God, now I have to catch up! I'm still in July! I can't even read your post yet. Hee!

OMG, I just tried to peek at your post and you're being all secretive and shit on accounta meeee! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Ok, I'll catch up this week... I promise. Cuz all that boring shit is boring.

I'm still back at the Eli Love thing.

What the hell is Night Shift??? I've been seeing commercials this week. Are Robin and What'sHisFace starting a new Port Charles type spinoff? WTF? It's ok with me... they annoy the crap out of me! Hee.

Epiphany is cracking my shit up with the concert yapping and Claymate-ness. LOL!!!

Jason's hair looks like the old Jason, but dude, he works out WAY too much! YUCK!

Ok... I'll be back.

Awww... look at Alan...

prince1-1.jpg

Hee.

GH Nightshift is a series on the Soap Network. I think it will run for like 3 or 4 months. It comes on Thursdays for an hour I've been watching it and I enjoy it for the most part but it is an absolute alternate reality. They use General Hospital characters It's odd because the whole thing centers on the hospital and why they just didn't incorporate these stories into the show I don't know.

So I can tell you these storylines cuz they have nothing to do with the real GH.

The characters on Nightshift are

Patrick and Robin - the main stars - their storyline revolves around their realtionship like on GH..same issues - but on Nightshift Robin became involved with a pregnant AIDS patient. The woman died after giving birth and now Robin wants to adopt the baby. This brings much drama to the relationship and of course there is another woman lurking.

Other main story involves a company triying to take over General Hospital - and there was someone going around causing "accidents* in the hospital. I think even a murder or two have taken place. They just revealed one of the people working in tangent with the big bad corproation trying to take over is a cute little nurse.

Spinelle for some reason keeps turning up on this show as does Jason. It was really hard to deal with Jason being on this show, working at the hosptial at night as some sort of punishment to a petty crime when he was in jail for murder on the actual show. Spinelli has a crush on the blonde nurse who is actually evil blonde nurse.

All of the hospital personenel you see on the regular GH have expanded stories on Nightshift.

Billy Dee Williams is the wise janitor heh.

It's a good show for a soap - kinda fast moving.

But like I said..took me awhile to get used to these characters being characters I know yet in totally different circumstances.

Yay for Alan...Prince Charming!

See, that's just like when Lucy and Kevin left to start Port Charles... the only people left out of that is Scotty (oh, and HA... I KNEW they were bringing Logan on to be Scotty's son!)

If they fuck up Spinelli's character, I will go all evildoer on them. :lol:

I miss the whole Helena, Stefan, Luke storyline.

I don't mind the Sonny/Jason mobster stuff only because I "know" them from so long ago. The only time I've missed out of all the years of GH is from 2003 and 2004. Thanks Clay... lol!

It was nice to see Ned for a few minutes the other day ( a LONG time ago for you) and it was weird as hell for Lois to be on 24 last season. :lol:

This Lucky is not Lucky... I'm disappointed in how they evolved his character. He's not deep enough or brooding enough -- and what about his songwriting and stuff. Elizabeth kinda bugs me...

I still can't figure out why Luke married Tracy...

I do think it's different in that the parallel stories aren't running. When Lucy came back to GH for any reason her story came with her. These stories are totally at odds with what's going on on GH.

Loga looks like Scott. A lot

So far so good on Spinelli. He made up a new name today...too cute...but can't tell you nyah nyah heee

I wasn't into Stefan or the bringing over of DOOL crew over to GH.

I think the Jason/Sonny/new character heh story is about to get good.

I loved both Neds. They were always so amused by the rest of the family.

Hated the Lois character on 24. In fact, in hindsight, 24 was a big disappointment last season.

I can understand if people don't like Elizabeth..she is kinda indecisive and whiney. But Sam/Elizabeth/Sam Elizabeth -- I'll take Elizabeth. I miss the teenaged Lucky. What is that actor doing. Brign him back. Thought he would be a big star but has he done a thang?

Yeah I have a few holes in my 5 missing years too. :cryingwlaughter: I do think Luke and Tracy have an interesting relationship though.

I think Bobbie has had WAY too much plastic surgery. She looks awful.

Anna was my favorite female soap character ever. I enjoyed her brief return although she has had a teeeny personality transplant. heh.

I think Bobbie has had WAY too much plastic surgery. She looks awful.

Anna was my favorite female soap character ever. I enjoyed her brief return although she has had a teeeny personality transplant. heh.

Oh My God! No shit ! She gets more taut as the years go by... it's horrible! And those boobs! :lol: She looks awful and I can't believe nobody tells her so.

Aww, Anna and Robbet... hee. Cracks me up everytime I see Anna in the audience on AI too! LOL!!

Ok, I gotta go to bed. Oooo, new character.

Aww, Anna and Robbet... hee. Cracks me up everytime I see Anna in the audience on AI too! LOL!!

I loved Anna too--I even wrote her a fan letter once, and got a picture back. I've never done that for anyone on TV but her. I don't think I can get sucked back into soaps anymore, but the (old) days of Anna & Robert were the best evah for me. Also used to love Days when Patch was there, which is why I don't think I can get sucked back in. If the return of Patch didn't do it for me, I don't know what could.

ACK--unless it were this thread. Backs slowly out of thread....you never saw me here....

Ha..get back in here. hee. You can talk without being pulled back in. When I quit, nobody could talk to me about it for a full year. Then I got to the point where I could talk about it, know what was going on, roll my eyes at it and keep on walking. I mean I was sooooo hooked on OLTL and now i see those character and NOTHING. But back in the day during the Kate/Cord/Tina/Max/Gabby/Steve days? heee. I watched one day when they had like their 10,000th show and they brought back a lot of characters. Cord and Max and real joey and fauxKevin #10 and Olivia etc etc.

Abount Finola Hughes...I met her before. Heee this is how long ago. I lived in LA at the time and I went to sign up for "hands across america" where she was. She even gave us scoopage that she would be getting an love interest as in Duke Lavery.

I loved the Robert/Anna stuff.

Remember Sean and Tiffany's wedding... when he discovered her real name at the alter and couldn't stop laughing. It was something like Bessie Mae Krumholtz or something equally funny.

BWAH! I totally remember that.

real joey and fauxKevin #10
Hee. I used to religiously love all three ABC soaps... OLTL was the first I quit... Hell, I even loved what's his face with the scar... Remember when they were all so young, and Vickie was having her first breakdown and Dorian and all... I might have to scare up a YouTube or something.

I never watched Days so "Patch" is Stefan Cassadine to me. It was so weird to see Stefan and Katherine and Clay AIKEN together on TV! LOL!

Funny... Finola Hughes is all over and yet nowhere.

God, remember Holly. My dad had the biggest crush on her. Hee.

Too many memories... I remember sitting in my friends living room watching Steve and Audrey get married. I used to be all depressed that I'd die one day and the soaps would still go on. They were like my family. Aww.

And Tara and Philip -- the real Philip.

Screw sad songs... try watching Lily get blown up. I SOBBED for days! Shut.up! Heeeeee!

If you wanna waste 8 minutes of your life like I just did, this is pretty cute (try to ignore the music in the back ground!): The Jackal! :lol:

Ha!! I didn't even know there was a soap thread. Kewl.

I don't watch any anymore, but oh, there was a time...

I watched Y&R right from the beginning. When Catherine was evil and Jill was good. When the 'Hoff was Snapper. And Victor Newman was a psycho who kept a woman chained in the basement.

I watched General Hospital in the Frisco Jones era.

But I still, and always will mark the day they cancelled Another World one of the darkest days ever. Oh, how I loved this show. I still miss it. Cass and Frankie and Vicki and Jake and Ryan and Grant. Rachel and Carl. Paulina and Joe. Waaaaaaaaaaaah. I will never forgive NBC, evah.

Growing up my mom watched all the NBC soaps, Days of Our Lives, The Doctors, Another World...I loved being home sick from school so I could watch with her.

Then in the 70's I discovered AMC and that was it for me...Loved Tara and Philip...Erica was a true bitch, but you had to root for her...my next favorite couple was Tad and Dixie...and the best villian ever was Billy Clyde Tuggle.

I watched General Hospital during the whole Luke and Laura faze and even watched One Life To Live for a while until I decided I was spending too much time watching soaps and then cut back to just AMC.

I stopped watching AMC about 6 months...it has changed so much and when it got to the point where I was FF'ing most of the show and there were only 2 or 3 characters I could stomach, I decided it was time to cut the cord.

But, I still keep up and love to go over to TWOP and read the AMC thread there.

Kim

Heeee the best of Spinelli..guess I had 8 minutes to waste. I like him in scenes with everybody. Loved the line about how he gets his hair like that.. heh product.

When it comes to watching soaps I tend to have different favorites than most. I mean, did anyone else jump for joy when Jenny Gardner died on the jet ski? Didn't think so. Hated Cliff and Nina. Hated Erica Kane.Dixie? HATE! I know, sacrilege. heh. Remember when Maurice Bernard was on AMC as Nico Kelly? Love him. Nico and Cecily -- sigh. those were the days. I haven't watched AMC in a decade..the first one I gave up but my all time favorite AMC character was probably Adam Chandler.

Jesse Hubbard dying - Oh lord - I was a sobbing mess.

I liked Holly too but preferred Holly/Luke to Holly/Robert.

YSRN..you were watching the ABC soaps before me. I spent most of my formative yars watching CBS --As The World Turns and Guilding Light and Edge of Night..then EON moved to ABC.

Cindilu..I watched AW for a hot minute when I was mad at OLTL heee. But it was Rachel and Mac, Blaine and Cecillia, Jamie, and that crew.

Oooh just aikim - YES to Billy Clyde Tuggle.

What about Ryan's Hope? Anyone? Joe and Siobahn?

OMG, Blaine Ewing. Now there was a f*cked up gal.

And Cecile - Classic Bitch.

Seriously, couchie. I watched that show from the time I was a child. It came on just as I got home from school, and my mom watched. When I started working, I taped it (on probably the original VCR) and watched it marathon-style every weekend. FLOVED!

Hee - I didn't cry over Jenny Gardner, but damn - Laurence Lau (Greg?) just about killed me.

I think Ryan Harrison dying on AW is still the saddest, most eloquent arc ever on a soap. Jensen Buchannan (Vicky) and Mark Pinter (Grant) both should have gotten Emmy's.

Edited by cindilu2

I watched Ryan's Hope; only because it was on before AMC and I watched Loving.

Did anyone watch Edge of Night? That was a really good soap...was actually more like a daytime mystery.

Larkin Malloy who played Travis Montgomery was on it...he played Sky Whitney, sort of the same kind of character and Sharon Gabet was Raven; Erica's counterpoint.

Kim

Yes..Edge of Nght was one of my favorites. It had some great mysteries and great actors. It used to come on at 3:30 so that's the one I could watch after school. Raven and Sky.. and remember Deborah Saxon was played by Frances Fisher. Draper and April. Oh and Lois Kibee played Geraldine and she ended up on OLTL playing oh crap..oh yeah the matriarch of the Saunders family - crazy ass Jamie and forehead Kate..who I hated but of course is now my favorite actress on Desperate Housewives...oh what's her name..red head chickie.

Yes..Edge of Nght was one of my favorites. It had some great mysteries and great actors. It used to come on at 3:30 so that's the one I could watch after school. Raven and Sky.. and remember Deborah Saxon was played by Frances Fisher. Draper and April. Oh and Lois Kibee played Geraldine and she ended up on OLTL playing oh crap..oh yeah the matriarch of the Saunders family - crazy ass Jamie and forehead Kate..who I hated but of course is now my favorite actress on Desperate Housewives...oh what's her name..red head chickie.

Marcia Cross?

Kim

Oh fer the love of cheese...I stayed home with my kids for the first 12 years. I'm sure I watched every single soap that was on the air during the 80's for at least a short amount of time. The only mag I ever subscribed to was Soap Opera Digest. Hee.

I'd actually network hop. Get bored with GH and start watching GL and then suddenly I was watching the show that was on before GL and pretty soon I'd be hooked on that whole lineup. And then I'd get bored again and lather rinse repeat.

My first soap was AMC. Then Ryans Hope. Then Edge of Night. Then GH. Then OLTL ... then GL ... then ATWT and AW ... and then Santa Barbara. I was soooo hooked on that.

And then I went to work. Taping was a pain and I could never stay caught up and it finally just faded off. But I see some of the same names and I bet I could pick it all up *snaps finger* just like that. We don't have the Soap Network here and that's probably a good thing for me. I'm sure I'd live there.

---

eta...Oh SQUEEE! Someone else watched Edge of Night!?!!!?

Ack. And Dark Shadows!???! How could I forget DS? Good times.

Edited by jamar1700

Santa Barbara!! I loved that show!!

I loved Mason and Julia and the character that Justin Deas played. WOW!

OMG OMG OMG!

I was insanely in love with the first Mason (Lane Davies) but grew to love both Terry Lester and Gordon Thompson too. Man that role was like recast gold. Not a stinker in the bunch. Each of them brought something different. I've always wondered why other soaps weren't more daring when it came to recasts? For me it was easier to buy *the role of Mason Capwell is now being played by Sam McDoodle* then it was to have to sit through face altering accidents or other storyline machinations. Way overthinking your audience IMO.

The problem for me with that show was my local affiliate was very wishy washy about it. About a year and a half after I got hooked they dropped it. But that was the year they won the daytime emmy and there must have been pressure from somewhere because they picked it up again 6 mos later, then dropped it like 3 mos before it got canceled. So I missed big chunks and had to try to keep up with SOD. Wouldn't it be great if they put those out on DVD?

Edited by jamar1700

YSRN - I know you expressed some distaste in Robin and Patrick, heh, but they had their best scene ever on nightshift last night. This storyline SHOULD have been on the show. They had a break up scene when Robin decided to be foster mother to the baby whose AIDSmom had died during delivery. And of course he's not ready for that. Oh it was heart wrenching. And I remember the day Kimberly McCullough walked through Robert's door as a 6 year old and I don't think I've ever seen her act better. I almost cried myself LOL.

Awww... little Robin. She was so cute.

Don't you make me wanna watch NightShift... Oh, good, I can't... I don't have that channel. But I bet that scene is on YouTube.

I'm not caught up at all. I'll try to do that this weekend. And then we can chat. Maybe even before then...

ETA... er, wtf? Why is Jason working at the hospital? *so confused*

Awww... little Robin. She was so cute.

Don't you make me wanna watch NightShift... Oh, good, I can't... I don't have that channel. But I bet that scene is on YouTube.

I'm not caught up at all. I'll try to do that this weekend. And then we can chat. Maybe even before then...

ETA... er, wtf? Why is Jason working at the hospital? *so confused*

don't be..that's Nightshift..has nothing to do with GH.