Private Practice

Couch Tomato

This is the show I'm looking forward to the most this fall. First of all, it frees me from Grey's Anatomy which I hated most of season 3. And I get to watch my favorite character in a new adventure. It's a risky proposition but this and Dirty Sexy Money will have my Wednesday nights tight up this fall.

Some links to previews

clip 1

clip 2

clip 3

This is the show I'm looking forward to the most this fall. First of all, it frees me from Grey's Anatomy which I hated most of season 3. And I get to watch my favorite character in a new adventure. It's a risky proposition but this and Dirty Sexy Money will have my Wednesday nights tight up this fall.

Some links to previews

clip 1

clip 2

clip 3

I think this show is going to be great. I know some were less than thrilled with the preview last spring. I however, wasn't one of them. I love Tim Daley, and I like Amy Brennenman, and I have a girl-crush on Addie!

There is a special on tonight on ABC called Come Rain or Come Shine: From Grey's Anatomy to Private Practice. This is how TVguide.ca describes it:

Episode: "Come Rain or Come Shine: From Grey's Anatomy"Spotlighting Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery's time at Seattle Grace and her move to Los Angeles. Features the première of the "Grey's Anatomy" music video.

Sounds pretentious, but I'll be watching!

Edited by cindilu2

Hey Cindy...is this just a repeat of the original crossover eppy that aired or something different. I heard they made some changes. They did a recast for Naomi and added another character I guess they listened to the feedback. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and really don't care if Addie stands there all show and reads the phonebook..hmmm sounds familiar.

Hey Cindy...is this just a repeat of the original crossover eppy that aired or something different. I heard they made some changes. They did a recast for Naomi and added another character I guess they listened to the feedback. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and really don't care if Addie stands there all show and reads the phonebook..hmmm sounds familiar.

I think it's something different, Couchie. Sort of an Addison 101 for those who maybe didn't watch Grey's, but they want to tune into Private Practice? Anyway, I'm three hours ahead of you, so I'll let you know if you want.

Thanks Cindy..I'll probably record it as it's the intro to the show.

McDreamy is not my type. Don't really find him attractive at all so he gets no passes with the personality heh.

ETA: reading comprehension is everything..heh. Glad I hit record..love Addie!! OOH pissed me off though....HATE Meh and Derek.

Boy, Kate Walsh had some fabulous lines on that show though, and delivered them spot-on. I really hope this new one is worthy of the cast and is successful. My fantasy is that they hire Matthew Perry (yes, I'm still mourning Studio 60...hell, I'm still mourning Friends) on at the clinic. He's sooo under-rated as an actor.

Boy, Kate Walsh had some fabulous lines on that show though, and delivered them spot-on. I really hope this new one is worthy of the cast and is successful. My fantasy is that they hire Matthew Perry (yes, I'm still mourning Studio 60...hell, I'm still mourning Friends) on at the clinic. He's sooo under-rated as an actor.

Cindy, I too love Matthew Perry. I wasn't a regular Friends watcher, but he was my favorite actor and character on that show. I thought he was good in his guest spots on West Wing too. I think it's a shame the networks don't give some of these shows a chance to find their audience. I also enjoyed Studio 60, there were some really good characters in that show and I thougt the writing was good.

Back on topic, I watched the first eppy of Private Practice. I enjoyed it. I've always liked Tim Daly too, so that's another attraction for me.

Addie was my favorite character on GA and really the only reason I watched last season so yes. I'm very happy with the new show.  I feel that Kate will get a chance to shine and we will really get to know the character as never before. Even though Addie rose above the material on GA and was able to climb out of her plot device status, she was still too tied to the couple to be a truly fully formed character. Now, we'll really get to know her. I never say anything is out of character because we don't know Addie. We've never really seen her truly happy or carefree. And what we saw glimpses of on GA (her nuttiness) can be explored on PP.

Now, as for the rest of the cast. I really enjoy them - all of them and that's a real change for me.  I didn't care for Tay Diggs character on the back door pilot but enjoyed him much more the othe night. The new Naomi has more of a presence. Love Violet and the Paul Adelstein character. What a fruitcake heee.

I actually looked up the ratings on the show for the premier and it did pretty well. It won its timeslot beating out Bionic Woman. I've read that Private Practice gets even better after the premier episode...and if that's to be believed I'm really happy. Next week will be a new test as Pushing Daisies will be its lead in rather than Dancing With The Stars. And suprisingly, for me at least, Dirty Sexy Money lost a lot of PrivPrac's lead in. I hope it can do better and that Wednesday nights becomes a decent one for ABC.

Okay - so it was totally implausible (not that the switch couldn't happen, but that they'd figure it out and have a confession, and agree to switch back in the time frame of the show), and I still don't care for Violet much (when she's being a stalker-ex, when she's being a shrink she's okay) but this episode? Had me sobbing at the end. Dang. And I don't even like kids. I don't ask for much more from tv than that!

This is by far my favorite new show of the season.

Okay - so it was totally implausible (not that the switch couldn't happen, but that they'd figure it out and have a confession, and agree to switch back in the time frame of the show), and I still don't care for Violet much (when she's being a stalker-ex, when she's being a shrink she's okay) but this episode? Had me sobbing at the end. Dang. And I don't even like kids. I don't ask for much more from tv than that!

This is by far my favorite new show of the season.

I know!!! when did it hit you???? I was all being..ok this story line, been there done that...but when the mom came in to give the baby back...OMG...I gasped and started to cry...damn it I am even tearing up now. Like the reaction of the mom with the sick baby...I just kept thinking...I would never give up my Cait for a perfect child...oh boy...that was heart wrenching.

But I am really warming up to Violet...I thought the scene with the bike was good. I give props to her as an actress...I really get this ambivalence she is feeling...this, WHY AM I ACTING LIKE THIS...but she can;t help it. I continued crying there too. I love her friendship with cooper...I hope they don;t start ruining that by rbigning in a romantic twist. Just let them be friends please.

The one thing that I am not totally feeling right now is the Addison and what's Tim's name? affair...its just too predictable. I hope they just introduce another character that she gets interested in. I can see them developing something later on...down the line. But right now it is just too obvious.

LOVE the new Naomi...she and TY have great chemistry together.

LOVE this show...I am getting the same vibe as the first season of GA...excerpt here, I love the main character and so far no one is annoying me.

Oh Lordy, Ansa. When they were switching babies back, I was just snuffling, and then when the 'real' mom of the healthy baby finally looked down at her - I lost it. Sobbed right out loud.

I am sure Violet will grow on me. I love Amy Brenneman. And as long as they don't drag the ex-boyfriend thing out too long, I'll get over it, lol. I just love Tim Daly, and since their characters were set up from the not-a-pilot last year, it seems reasonable. Won't bother me much one way or the other however they decide to handle them (as a couple).

Ok the ratings slipped from last week (#11 for the week YAY) but still good enough I think (probably end up in top 20 but closer to 20). It was much better this week and hopefully it will stabilize here and grow. Like Jenna said Pushing daisies did well and Private Practice maintained that. The weakest link is DSM and I'm surprised by that. I would think it would be a runaway hit. But yay...I think my Wednesday night is safe and I look forward to the season.

Ok the ratings slipped from last week (#11 for the week YAY) but still good enough I think (probably end up in top 20 but closer to 20). It was much better this week and hopefully it will stabilize here and grow. Like Jenna said Pushing daisies did well and Private Practice maintained that. The weakest link is DSM and I'm surprised by that. I would think it would be a runaway hit. But yay...I think my Wednesday night is safe and I look forward to the season.

What is DSM up against...that might be the reason its weak...is there some CSI or Law and order on at the time?

DSM is up against CSI NY. It did come in second. Life was third and then Gossip Girl. And the good news is that it didn't have any drop off from last week. So people who watched, tuned in again. Now hopefully word of mouth will help it grow.

Private Practice lost to Criminal Minds but read on TWoP that it was Mandy Patinkin's last week and he is the star..so maybe the ratings went up because of that. We'll see what happens next week. Also, PP came in second and first in the 18-49 demo. Bionic woman had come in first in that all important demo last week.

So, the race is on.

I got the info from ZapIt.

DSM is up against CSI NY. It did come in second. Life was third and then Gossip Girl. And the good news is that it didn't have any drop off from last week. So people who watched, tuned in again. Now hopefully word of mouth will help it grow.

Private Practice lost to Criminal Minds but read on TWoP that it was Mandy Patinkin's last week and he is the star..so maybe the ratings went up because of that. We'll see what happens next week. Also, PP came in second and first in the 18-49 demo. Bionic woman had come in first in that all important demo last week.

So, the race is on.

I got the info from ZapIt.

I wish 'ratings' weren't the end-all and be-all of tv execs thinking. For the most part, I think the Neilsen system is, for lack of a better word at 8 o'clock in the morning, bullshit. I have timeshifting cable. I watched ALL of those shows (except Gossip Girls). Duh. It isn't really simply a matter of choosing one show over another any more, with DVR and TIVO and the good old VCR. Hell, I don't really record anything and yet I can still watch all those shows within the parameters of my time-shifting.

I agree Cindy. I do think they take other things into account but they really haven't kept up with technology. For instance I saw that Private Practice was the most tivo'd new show. But they only count people who put the show on a full season pass, not people who just tape it for that one episode.

But I really wish quality meant more. And that people who got involved with shows that didn't last got a payoff. I'm thinking about The Nine for instance. I loved that show..but there were like 6 episodes and poof it was gone and I'll never know what happened in that bank. That's why I care about ratings and what sort of show I'm going to devote time too. I don't care if it's #1 or #10 or #20. But it can't be number 100 or I probably want watch because I know it will be gone soon. So when I see the ratings for these shows I'm at least taking them off my worry list and believe they'll get the opportunity to play out the season. At leaset that's what I hope.

I was talking to Ansa last night and commented on how low the ratings are on the big 4 networks. So many choices for people. And I guess with ESPN, Court TV, Food Network, Bravo, and TNT during basketball season..I proably watch more television on those stations than I do network television. Private Practice got an 8.3 rating this week but back in the day...those were the ratings for daytime soaps. I wonder how long this "network" system will even be viable.

Wow I really loved the show tonight. I've been enjoying it all along but felt they were really working on setting up the other characters and that was OK with me. I really enjoyed Addie in this eppy. I'm glad everything isn't as she expected or wanted and that they are going slowly with fitting her in. The metaphors on this show don't really beat you over the head like they did on GA...and the patient stories relationships to the main characters are a bit more subtle. Anyway, I just love me some Kate Walsh. Too bad she's married and you know rich and in Hollywood and I'm not gay because we could be very happy together. :cryingwlaughter:

Didn't see the Pete wife twist coming. I thought he was so in love that he was womanizing to disguise his hurt. That he and his wife had serious issues was a better way to go. He was very sympathetic this episode.

The whole cake thing cracked me up. I'm so happy they switched actresses for this role. I wasn't feeling the other one. That boy is baking cakes at me. Loved that line and her whole fit. Dell actually became a character for me tonight. He was so cute with his little crush. And LOL that his grandma baked the cakes and not him.

All in all..great episode.

PP was #14 last week and is still this season's most popular new show. I'm only tracking this cuz I love Addie and don't ever want to watch GA again..although I don't thiink she'd go back if the show failed. I think they said something about just getting something else with ABC.

Oooh and KW's cadillac commerical is quite classy. I'd go right out and buy one well..if I had money. heh

I think this show gets better every week. I loved tonight - everything about it. But I was giggling with Sam and the arm and hammer stuff. That was just hysterical. Great eppy.

Yup it was good. I am really glad they decided to put a pause button on the Addison romance for now and that she is not suddenly becoming BFF with everyone. Coop is turning out to be one of my favorite characters. He plays the role with a subtlety TR knights lacks so his unrequited love does not look obnoxious.I really think there is just better acting in this show overall! Not too much dramatics and hysterics.

I just wonder if they should have Addison having more difficult cases because for a surgeon of her caliber...this must be soooo boring!!!

Private Practice has been picked up for the season whoo hooo

Ansa..I sorta agree with you. Another issue is the blonde medical chief or whatever she is. She serves no real purpose and it's stupid to try to think of reasons to bring her to Oceasnside wellness.

TO solve BOTH issues, maybe instead of being advasaries...the hospital could buy out the center or they could work in partnership. Addie would get to do her surgeriies and they would be connected to that particular hospital - but the principle place of business would continue to be the cooperative.

I loved the scene with Violet and Addie -- you're some kind of crazy heee

still laughing at arm and hammer.