CLAY CHAT -- September 20 - 21 9PM EDT

Couch Tomato

My part in the fandom has evolved only in the that I have actually met people and become friends with people - some that are friends - not just Clay friends.

Hey CG..yeah me too. I have met people and int he beginning Clay held us together. Now, although we share him..it's not what's holding us together.

That's definitely been true for me as well. I still talk to a few people that don't even particularly follow Clay anymore. So that's cool.

Maybe it has something to do with living alone..... Hmmmmm.

Heh, nice try, Twin. I never watch TV. I DVR GH, but I'm still on August 2. LOL! I watch 24 and baseball and that's it. I just can't sit still that long... unless I'm doing something interactive... like this. :lol:

Ok - so maybe we're not IDENTICAL twins.......

Although I do love 24 and baseball!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I do think my fandom had evolved some. Even though I spend a lot of time on the computer, it's not nearly as much at I once did. I don't have every piece of clack that was ever recorded, I don't save many pictures, I do have other hobbies, This really was my first experience in being an "invested" fan of someone, so at times I think I've been shocked at how much time I was spending being a fan.

Maybe it has something to do with living alone..... Hmmmmm.

Heh, nice try, Twin. I never watch TV. I DVR GH, but I'm still on August 2. LOL! I watch 24 and baseball and that's it. I just can't sit still that long... unless I'm doing something interactive... like this. :lol:

Ok - so maybe we're not IDENTICAL twins.......

Although I do love 24 and baseball!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee. I love my opinionated bitch Twin! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Holy Crap!!! this moves faster than a regular chat room. Hee!

Yes, I'm addicted but not to the detriment of my family or friends, Just TV- I now only watch a couple of favourite shows where I used to watch many.

My DH is aghast that I don't watch the golf tourneys anymore! WHAT???

Maybe addited is too strong a word - obsessed is much closer.

I don't worry about him.

I don't worry about his "people"

I worry about missing something! :)

I don't spend more than I can afford on Clay. I don't go in debt for him. I don't proselytize for Clay. I don't talk about him to non-Claymates.

This is very true for me. I don't spend more than I can afford for Clay...I actually never bought multiple products for Clay...yup bad fan that I am. I think there was only one person I gave MCWL to and thats it. I don't talk about Clay to people unless the topic goes to him naturally...like if we happen to talk about AI or music or anything like that.

Oh Lord... for sure... I don't even vote anywhere... I did on Final AI night, but never on anything else. LOL! The boy can take care of his own career, IMO. I'm just here for the ride (should be in a Suess poem, methinks). I NEVER talk about him except with ya'll. And I never worry. I've only been mad on his behalf once... I just can't get into the worry/angst/take care of him mode. I'm just a fan.

I never voted..so that was never part of my fandom heee. I think I got in 10 votes in all of season 2 for Clay. Phones aren't my thing. And neither is clicking on some useless internet poll.

Your part in the fandom: how has it evolved?

Yes! I am now a powerful moderator for a mighty Clay message board. I occasionally beat upon my chest with pride. Other than that, not really.

Do you consider it a hobby or an addiction?

Like others, it depends what is going on...more on the hobby side - a freakishly fun, expensive hobby - and it would take a LOT for me to give it up.

How much time do you spend on your fandom?

Lots, but it's so convenient. I have a lot of computer access at work and at home, and not a huge amount of responsibility for anyone but me.

I don't spend more than I can afford on Clay. I don't go in debt for him. I don't proselytize for Clay. I don't talk about him to non-Claymates.

This is very true for me. I don't spend more than I can afford for Clay...I actually never bought multiple products for Clay...yup bad fan that I am. I think there was only one person I gave MCWL to and thats it. I don't talk about Clay to people unless the topic goes to him naturally...like if we happen to talk about AI or music or anything like that.

Oh Lord... for sure... I don't even vote anywhere... I did on Final AI night, but never on anything else. LOL! The boy can take care of his own career, IMO. I'm just here for the ride (should be in a Suess poem, methinks). I NEVER talk about him except with ya'll. And I never worry. I've only been mad on his behalf once... I just can't get into the worry/angst/take care of him mode. I'm just a fan.

I never voted..so that was never part of my fandom heee. I think I got in 10 votes in all of season 2 for Clay. Phones aren't my thing. And neither is clicking on some useless internet poll.

Not a voter here either. I voted for Clay only after the finale. The internet polls are all spammed anyway, so why bother!

Clay will win or lose on his talent and personality - not on some inane internet poll!

I think the only poll I voted on religiously was the one that gave him the Fan's Choice at the AMA's. Worth every click.

And yes, the friends I've made are really the best part of this fandom in so many ways.

OK, I'm going on with the next question:

QUESTION TWO:

What would you considered a "blowtorched puppy" -- in other words, what could Clay do that would make you stop being a fan?

I haven't even rated my song yet (bad, bad, bad person that I am!).

This is a hobby. IT is not my life. I have other interests and other things to occupy my life.

But most of the time it is FUN and I love it. Bu it is NOT an addiction.

To me I know its not an addiction because I can easily let it go when other thigns are happening in my life like having fun with my girls, going out with my friends or when I have work to do. This fandom was very good for me during the times that I seem to have no life. But I have made an effort to enrich my life ...if that means not as much time online...then that is it.

Holy Crap!!! this moves faster than a regular chat room. Hee!

Yes, I'm addicted but not to the detriment of my family or friends, Just TV- I now only watch a couple of favourite shows where I used to watch many.

My DH is aghast that I don't watch the golf tourneys anymore! WHAT???

Maybe addited is too strong a word - obsessed is much closer.

I don't worry about him.

I don't worry about his "people"

I worry about missing something! :)

Cuz we're selfish bitches! :lol:

:XmasRed:

re: blowtorch puppy

If Clay would announce that he would exclusively become a Christian Contemporary Artist I would not be able to follow him. As much as it would hurt, I'm just not a "churched" person.

Edited by woo lovereyes

Something about blowtorching the puppy (HORRIBLE imagery!!)

Since I absolutely don't care one single bit about any aspect of Clay's personal life, habits, etc., and don't care where he takes his career as long as he does something with it, he would have to be convicted of pedophilia or rape (with supporting video and 25 witnesses as evidence) for me to turn against him. Murder??? Well, if he did away with PH or JB or others of the same ilk, I'd even give him a pass on that.

Real quick--

Your part in the fandom: how has it evolved?

I think it's pretty much the same.

Do you consider it a hobby or an addiction?

Some of both - it's an addiction in that I spend too much time on the boards, and am looking for a "fix" sometimes, not getting the satisfaction but still trying. FCA has been a godsend.

How much time do you spend on your fandom?

Too much.

I think the "blowtorched puppy" question is a very interesting one, if one looks deep into oneself. For me, I think it would be that he'd have to be arrested and convicted for a major crime -- murder, for example. Not that I think that would happen though....

But there seems to be a LOT of people that the least little thing, such as a change of hairstyle, means "everything is over." Of course, it's not, but that's what they say.....

re: blowtorch puppy

If Clay would announce that he would exclusively become a Christian Contemporary Artist I would not be able to follow him. As much as it would hurt, I'm just not a "churched" person.

Neither am I but I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Can't imagine a "blowtorch puppy" - Nope - can't imagine it. After four years of finding out everything I can imagine about the 'boy', and listening to him in interviews like the "Standard", it's inconceivable to me.

Your part in the fandom: how has it evolved? Do you consider it a hobby or an addicition? How much time do you spend on your fandom?

I decided to stop by briefly because these are such interesting questions. My fandom has evolved from just watching from the sidelines, to going to multiple concerts, to standing back and saying "what the heck are you doing???" - and now I think I've achieved a sense of balance. Maybe. Somehow hearing Clay sing, live, in person, just does somethin' to me and I get all rattled again.

I like to think it's a hobby, but I'm sure it looks like an addiction to my friends and family.

I check the boards every day, but am not one to jump in and participate in discussions. During tours I love the cellcerts.......it's just so amazing that we can "be there" without being there. And the camraderie is so special at those times........

Sorry - I can't stay longer. Have to get up for work tomorrow. I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the thread tomorrow!!

I enjoy being a Clay fan so much, theres no way I'd give it up! as long as Clay sings..I will be his fan! there is nothing he could do to change that..except stop singing. lol

I dont think of it as an addiction because to me that means Its interfering with normal life and it doesnt. I still do what needs to be done but I sure as heck make time for my claytime! it brings me so much happiness...so why not! you only live once and if you are not having fun doing it then why bother!

you know... I can't think of a thing that would make me stop being a fan...sure it could happen... I used to watch 5 soaps a day heh. But whatever it is it will just have to be some natural thing. It surely won't be his musical direction or album sales or something like that. Nobody is perfect in this world so I give folks a lot of slack.

LdyJ ...maybe you should put the change of question in bigger font?

blowtorch, huh? That's a tough one... someone earlier mentioned if he turned out to be a phony... yeah, maybe that, but I just can't even imagine that's the case - he just doesn't seem like the kind of person who could even pull that off - pretending to be something he's not and then we find out differently... and short of something horribly criminal, I just can't think of anything... of course, I'll hit reply and then read someone else have something that makes good sense and I agree with....

Edited by spikesmom

Only blowtorched puppy I can think of (besides really horrible criminal activity - not the cool kind like in "It Takes A Thief" cause that is naughtily hot) is if he told me to "fuck off" to my face. Otherwise I'm good.

The niceness of Clay is just a bonus - most of the talent I like I don't have a clue whether or not they are "nice" or not.