Are Tags allowed?

ClaysTwinkle

I'm sorry, I posted a couple of things BEFORE I read the rules....I have removed my siggy (which was only text).

But then I wondered about "tags", like the item below:

removed the tag.....

Can we post these .......or.....will this be an avatar picture only with text replies (limited only to the smilies from this board - and not imported smilies)?

Please advise

Edited by ClaysTwinkle

THe reason why we ask people not to put siggies is so that we can make this forum as work friendly as possible. When there are huge graphic files and lots of emoticon in a post it is very obvious that the page is not work related so people cannot read during work. The other problem with huge graphic siggies is that is makes the pages slower to load specially for people with dial up.

I do think your tag is cute but is very obvious too...so we would prefer not to have it.

thanks for your cooperation

okay...where do you mean in your controls? I don;t know if we can have a message there. Frankly we really tried to turn the siggies off...but I don't think I did it right. <_<

could you clarify what you mean because we would like to see if we can adapt your suggestion.

okay...where do you mean in your controls? I don;t know if we can have a message there. Frankly we really tried to turn the siggies off...but I don't think I did it right.  <_<

could you clarify what you mean because we would like to see if we can adapt your suggestion.

I didn't say anything about putting them in "your controls". What I suggested was in your "Rules" and where you are informing people to not use signatures, that you add a note about not using tags. And you may also want to make a special note about not including smilies from other boards as well.

I can check with someone on another board and ask them how they disabled the signatures from showing up. Users could fill it all in, but they wouldn't be posted.

okay...where do you mean in your controls? I don;t know if we can have a message there. Frankly we really tried to turn the siggies off...but I don't think I did it right.  <_<

I didn't say anything about putting them in "your controls". What I suggested was in your "Rules" and where you are informing people to not use signatures, that you add a note about not using tags. And you may also want to make a special note about not including smilies from other boards as well.

I can check with someone on another board and ask them how they disabled the signatures from showing up. Users could fill it all in, but they wouldn't be posted.

Thanks for your clarification. we will appreciate any tips and suggestions. And to tell you the truth...I didn;t know that little gif animation is called a tag...I thought it was just another emoticon...I will add that to the rules. Thanks again

If you are using IE (Internet Explorer) for your browser and you are on another board that permits animations, all you have to do is click on the stop button on your browser tool bar. This may help your computer load pages quicker. Or rest your eyes. :D

Can we post these .......or.....will this be an avatar picture only with text replies (limited only to the smilies from this board - and not imported smilies)?

i loved this tag... oh it is so cute.. i copied it i hope you dont' mind.

would love it for my board.

i want avatars... but understand,, must go by board rules.. i will regretably comply.. lol.

REALLY WHATEVER IS BEST FOR THE BOARD.

rc

Edited by claym8t

i loved this tag... oh it is so cute.. i copied it i hope you dont' mind.

would love it for my board.

i want avatars... but understand,, must go by board rules.. i will regretably comply.. lol.

REALLY WHATEVER IS BEST FOR THE BOARD.

rc

We decided to let people use avatars...they are usually not too big and obvious...although I do know that some can be really dangerous cos it make you lose concentration....<<<<<see my avatar for example :D

I can't find a test thread to try this out so I guess it'll be here.

white isn't that good - you can still read it!!

Looking for the exact shade of pale blue for spoilers on this board!!

SPOILER!!!!!<-- a little better...

COLOR IS #F5F9FD

A HINT DARKER

SPOILER!!!!!<--spoiler here

this one is #F2F6FA -- that's a pretty good match!!

The way to achieve this spoiler color is to use any color in the palette, but change the code to F2F6FA

For instance: the code for white is FFFFFFF. So just change it to F2F6FA! (I think white isn't working for me! you can still read it without highlighting!) BTW - the background on the preview post page is darker than on the actual posting page. Yeah, I know I am coming off like the geek that I am!!!

Edited by cha cha trusty