Uncasville, CT -- Dec. 9, 2007

ldyjocelyn

I know, I feel bad for anyone who can't make it to NY, but I just feel that it's best to do as Clay wishes. I'd feel that way even if I wasn't going to a show. As much as I love the clack.

Of course, you're right... I'm just being selfish... I'd rather go without than to see him get into any kind of trouble or get heat because of his fans... I can see where it would be totally embarrassing for him... but as others have said (and maybe I read it on another board), other people could still do it and not be specifically be his fans... and given the shitheads out there, it wouldn't surprise me if someone does it to purposely embarrass him...

Ok, I'll go with you on that one... I usually don't try to borrow trouble - I don't need the angst... it just occurred to me that now knowing how much he doesn't want it out there, those with nothing better to do with their lives, will try to find a way to do it just because they know it will piss him off... (just ignore my poor use of grammar, etc., ok?)....

Guess I need to find a way to get to NYC on a shoestring, huh? :cryingwlaughter: I better start walking now...

So should he only do things that are accessible to all fans? Isn't Fanny on Broadway right now? Is her performance on YouTube?

Clay is dipping his toes into a whole new foray for him - if he feels it would be compromising or embarassing for him personally to have Clack show up on YouTube, how can we resent him for it? How can we openly say, sorry Clay, we don't really care what you think. Whether it really is wrong or not - whether there is tons of 'other' Broadway on YouTube... if he specifically asks us not to do it, are you really willing to say 'too bad', I can't get to NY therefore I want it?

I know for sure that I'm not.

well WE is just a few clack gatherers and vaulters..other than that..it's all just talk.

I did see some Fanny but there wasn't an abundance of it.

I'm not worried about the haters and neither is clay. I doubt they will start planning trips to NYC just for the pleasure anyway. The large proliferation of clack comes from the fans. I've never noticed a hater clack market where they actually have their own stuff.

So should he only do things that are accessible to all fans? Isn't Fanny on Broadway right now? Is her performance on YouTube?

Clay is dipping his toes into a whole new foray for him - if he feels it would be compromising or embarassing for him personally to have Clack show up on YouTube, how can we resent him for it? How can we openly say, sorry Clay, we don't really care what you think. Whether it really is wrong or not - whether there is tons of 'other' Broadway on YouTube... if he specifically asks us not to do it, are you really willing to say 'too bad', I can't get to NY therefore I want it?

I know for sure that I'm not.

well WE is just a few clack gatherers and vaulters..other than that..it's all just talk.

I did see some Fanny but there wasn't an abundance of it.

I'm not sure what you mean, couchie. From what I've read already on the boards 'we' are just about anybody who can't make it to the show (and a few who can, but still want the clack). Granted, the ones making the decisions are the people who will/won't film it. But the railing against him for the lack of it sure won't be limited to them. It's already started, based only on the M&G comments.

what I'm saying is that we can talk about ti all day and all night but this is not in our hands..it's in the hands of the 20 or so people who take clack and the 3 or 4 people who control the vaults. Does that mean nothing will get out..NO..but there won't be clack every single night from 5 clacckers going into a public vault. Simple. If it's a video here or there by whoever, they can control that...just like they had the other stuff taken down.

The railing against him will happen...that's just the way it is. A whole bunch of people will be going through withdrawals and breaking addiction is not a pretty thing.

Shall I start checking out hostels for you guys?

And bus fare?

Clay fans are so resourceful, maybe we should try to put our heads together to see how we can get as many fans as possible to Spamalot.

I'm all for that here at FCA... I wish we knew when the gala was going to be. Wonder when they'll figure that out.

Well I disagree. It is in our hands. If he asks (and directly, through a blog or the OFC, not second-hand through meet and greeters) for us not to take videos, then it is completely within our scope to abide by his wishes. All of us.

Well I disagree. It is in our hands. If he asks (and directly, through a blog or the OFC) for us not to take videos, then it is completely within our scope to abide by his wishes. All of us.

you lost me Cindy.. last time I checked I never took clack...the only thing I can do here is NOT put it on you tube if it happens to fall into my hard drive.

I better start walking now...

Can you pick me up along the way? I'll bring lots of hot coffee.

You betcha! I have to come your way on the walk cuz there's no way in hell I'm swimming across Lake Michigan to go east!! :cryingwlaughter:

Shall I start checking out hostels for you guys?

And bus fare?

Hee... yes, I should probably look at airfare, train and bus... it would sure beat the heck out of walking.... of course, think of how svelte I might look once I got there from that walk... guess that's one way to get some exercise in!

I just want to go on record now as saying that if any of you Clack Goddesses happen to get Spamalot Clack and happen to PM me with the link for a yousendit file, I'll still respect you in the morning. Just sayin'.

BWAH

Well I disagree. It is in our hands. If he asks (and directly, through a blog or the OFC) for us not to take videos, then it is completely within our scope to abide by his wishes. All of us.

Well...if he ASKS....I won't take any video.

Of course I most likely won't be going so I wouldn't be taking any anyway not to mention that I don't even own a camera.

So...whatever you say Clay. *g*

Sort of like the guy who breaks his arm and asks his doctor if he'll be able to play the piano. The Doctor says sure...and the guy says ... AWESOME, cuz I never could before. :cryingwlaughter:

And really I think that is what couchie is getting at. For those of us who for one reason or another are not in a position to TAKE the video, it's out of our hands. It's in the hands of those that can and would. And the decision to vault the video is up to only those that control the vaults.

But I agree the decision to watch (or share) anything that becomes available is purely on the individual.

Well to be honest...I wouldn't put anything about spamalot clack on the boards and I will not encourage anyone to take it. I totally respect Clay making his request or letting his feelings be known about this. BUT I will also not turn against fellow fans that try to get clack. I just hope they will consider what they do and if they choose to do it...be very very discreet in taking and careful about the distribution of the clack.

And really I think that is what couchie is getting at. For those of us who for one reason or another are not in a position to TAKE the video, it's out of our hands. It's in the hands of those that can and would. And the decision to vault the video is up to only those that control the vaults.

The decision to watch anything that becomes available is purely on the individual.

yep that's what I'm saying. I have no say in any of it.

Jamar you crack me up. I took a camera to my first clay concert..took a few snaps and put it down adn never picked it up. What's so funny is that my mom got it into her head that she was going to have all the piles of undeveloped film in for processing..so she'd do like five rolls a week and one of those weeks was my clack..BWAH. worst shit ever.

But it is within our control not to encourage it. Not to wink-wink, nudge nudge (tmJohn Cleese), 'if it happens to end up on our hard drives.' It's the spirit I guess, not the letter. In my opinion, it's the same as saying 'screw you, Clay. We want what we want.' The true definition of 'clack' is going to rear it's head. It's not going to be pretty.

But it is within our control not to encourage it. Not to wink-wink, nudge nudge (tmJohn Cleese), 'if it happens to end up on our hard drives.' It's the spirit I guess, not the letter. In my opinion, it's the same as saying 'screw you, Clay. We want what we want.' The true definition of 'clack' is going to rear it's head. It's not going to be pretty.

Well that's one way of looking at it. It's just not mine. Levity is needed at a time like this.