AI spoilers

playbiller

OK, I would like to openly discuss some of the good info the IDF people have dug up with their excellent research. I believe Joesplace is coordinating the effort, and keeping the info up to date here

The judges say this is the most talented ever, yet some how it seems like a rerun or something else.

1. Relatives and friends

So far Fantasia's brother (didn't he audition with her before?)

Chris Sligh's brother (I hope he has a better sense of reality that Chris)

Anthony Federov's girlfriend (I don't know if this is the one from year he sang and tghey auditioned together)

While I understand that friends and realtives may share the same talent, really - willthey be as good as their relatives/friends?

2. Professionals

There is one guy who was nominated for a grammy after singing on Alicia Keyes album. I understgand he does not currently have a contract, but just where do they draw the line? Back up singing is sort of professional already, but once you are noominated for a major award - shouldn't that be the end of amatuer?

3. Reruns from other singing competitions

There is at least one person from the failed "the One" a decent competition with the worst sound people ever! Ruined the whole show for me. That and the judges constant praise for off key singing.

there are 2 star search winners

I realize that professional musicians see this as a valid short cut to fame, but I am sick of contestants dismissing Ai as a cheesy show and then turning around and appearing on it. I think we will only get more of it with the way things are going.

Add on that there are 5 people who have had recording contracts, incluyding Irish girl who had the 2.2 million spent on her and then her album was release on 9/11, so most of her TV was cancelled.

Ryan said it is like international idol with so many people who were not born in this country - but tell me, is it xenophobic to not want to have the American Idol not even be a citizen, just someone with a green card?

If you want to talk, I can bring stuff from IDF, they have tons of stuff, although I notice information is also disappearing for unkn own reasons.

If you want to talk, I can bring stuff from IDF, they have tons of stuff, although I notice information is also disappearing for unkn own reasons.

I've become a bit cynical about the show so spoilers are right up my alley... ;-) Please post away!!!

And it doesn't surprise me that info is disappearing... mustn't let the gullible public know how hard their chains are being yanked.... :whistling-1:

Play, I agree with you that it would be nice if the American Idol were an American. I'm not caring what nationality they are, but an American citizen would be nice. There are other Idol competitions throughout the world. Irish girl should compete in British Idol or whatever it's called.

I also would prefer that the contestants be non-professionals. Anyone who has been nominated for a major award, like a Grammy..that just doesn't seem right.

I would love to read some of the stuff from IDF if you bring it over. Any speculation on why stuff is disappearing?

There are lists of returning contestants listed at IDF - these are the people who were not in the final 32 for the season 2 person and top 24 forthe seans 4,5 and 6 people.

I have no problem with this, I just thought it was funny someone from season 2 just made it - Oh Quiana.........

Here is a link to Joe'sPlace blog where all the people are spoilered after the hard work of select IDF members..

http://idolforums.com/users/joesplace/index.php?

You will find several Star Seach winners, someone from making of the band, another person from a dating reality show, a member of the Miam Sound Machine, someone from "the One" that was cancelled pretty early on, can't hold that against them.

Also, Anthony Federov's girl Friend, Chris Sligh's brother. Fantasia's brother was cut.

The grammy nominee dropped out after getting a recording contract. Actually a few people have dropped out because they got recording contracts.

A lot of stuff was posted an I can't find anymore - like that woman who has a contract in Spain and is in this competition or the guy from Austrailia.

The rules say you can't have a current contract with a record company or a manager.

As I recall, Diana, who was from Georgia but elected to audition in Hawaii, had to fire her manager before she could sing the contract.

I think this is nothing new for Idol. But I don't think it was ever quite this ridiculous.

I think this is nothing new for Idol. But I don't think it was ever quite this ridiculous.

I know what you mean, play....and I wonder how much from past seasons we'll never even know about. I have a problem, actually, with non-American citizens entering AI. Don't understand. Wonder how many countries have their own version of "Pop Idol"? (wasn't that the original?) Change the name of the show if it's not really American Idol.

Let's see:

Human Species Idol?

or...if all these friends and relatives of past contestants/winners are getting their 'chance' this year, how about:

"Re-tread Idol"

geez :cryingwlaughter:

There is no more Pop idol, that stopped after Michelle wasthe biggest failure as Idol after Simon supported her and she was voted to win. Well, at least she was not GAY. I said it that way because supposedly Simon was not happy the first pop idol was gay, railed against him and he still won and did not want a repeat. And that first pop idol is still selling in England. Anf then half the guys on season 1 AI were gay. England now has the X factor instead of Pop Idol.

We know that Austrailia has its own successful idol show and I believe, so does Spain. But only AI is shown around the world.

Nigel was very disappointed in World Idol, but what did he expect for people from other countries to vote for the American when Bush is invading coutnries? Yeah, right. There will be no more world idol.

I meant the using professional talent is nothing new.

Season 1 - kelly was a back up singer with a contract and had negotiated with labels year before. Of course, that was when this was jsut a summer show and I don't believe they really worked that hard at finding someone for this summer show the first year.

Season 2 - We know that Clay waited on line, he talked about how tortuous it was to spend the nioght on line with Keith and that keith really did believe he was a good singer, so basically his story does hold together. They didn't seem too enthused to see him, he said Simon did not want to send him through, but Nigel pulled rank.

Ruben, not sure, he said he waited on line overnight with a bfemale band member, could be true or not. It is certainly plausable. I don't think anyone knew yet how big a deal it would be. I did hear that some guy who auditioned in year one was called back by the judges for season 2, but I can't rememberwhere I saw it and it was in 2003, so that is probably aged off in cyber vapors.

Season 3 - This is where it seems strange to me,so many stories that strike me as odd and I first thought people might be recruited.

Fantasia didn't wait on line because she forgot something and had to drive back home ( an hour or so VS overnight) and when she got back, they were done, but a security guard let her in to see the judges??? Very odd story. Not likely. Especially since the auditions are not in front of the judges the first day.

Diana had a professional career, but, although they had auditions in her home town, she went to Hawaii to interview? Never said why she went. Actually the number of people in the top groups who were under 18 was pretty astounding, and the number of people hiding professional careers was funny as well.

Season 4 - Carrie's professional page was removed pretty quickly when it was publicized just a little, but she was touring with a band at that time. If I were to guess people who were brought in I would guess Carrie, Constatine and Anthony. I don't think they were happy with Bo in the top 12. This si when they had videos from home during auditions or Hollywood week and they showed Carrie on the farm collecting eggs and carrying milk (do people on huge farms carry milk anywhere or is it trucked from the dairy? Constantine was shown performing wtih his band and quitting the band (much like Daughtry the next year. ) But my favorite was this boy who was working on hisfarm and it was revealed that he was a city boy who's parents had rented a farm for the video - the height of foolishness. That hit the boards and the guy did not make it inot the top 12, I thinkmost people on-line (who vote the most) called him "fake farm boy".

Season 5 - I think there were a few video people again that might have been recruited - Katharine, Daughtry - not Elliott or Taylor though. I have no question about Taylor sleeping in-line, he was the personification of a guy hungry for a break.

I see vote for the worst has all the information that was found out in IDF

You knpow these people at VFTW always make nasty cracks about the IDFers, yet they have no problem taking their many hours of research and publishing it as if they did any of their own (Since I ahve seen all this before - no, they didn't)

There is no more Pop idol, that stopped after Michelle wasthe biggest failure as Idol after Simon supported her and she was voted to win. Well, at least she was not GAY. I said it that way because supposedly Simon was not happy the first pop idol was gay, railed against him and he still won and did not want a repeat. And that first pop idol is still selling in England. Anf then half the guys on season 1 AI were gay. England now has the X factor instead of Pop Idol.

We know that Austrailia has its own successful idol show and I believe, so does Spain. But only AI is shown around the world.

Nigel was very disappointed in World Idol, but what did he expect for people from other countries to vote for the American when Bush is invading coutnries? Yeah, right. There will be no more world idol.

I meant the using professional talent is nothing new.

Season 1 - kelly was a back up singer with a contract and had negotiated with labels year before. Of course, that was when this was jsut a summer show and I don't believe they really worked that hard at finding someone for this summer show the first year.

Season 2 - We know that Clay waited on line, he talked about how tortuous it was to spend the nioght on line with Keith and that keith really did believe he was a good singer, so basically his story does hold together. They didn't seem too enthused to see him, he said Simon did not want to send him through, but Nigel pulled rank.

Ruben, not sure, he said he waited on line overnight with a bfemale band member, could be true or not. It is certainly plausable. I don't think anyone knew yet how big a deal it would be. I did hear that some guy who auditioned in year one was called back by the judges for season 2, but I can't rememberwhere I saw it and it was in 2003, so that is probably aged off in cyber vapors.

Season 3 - This is where it seems strange to me,so many stories that strike me as odd and I first thought people might be recruited.

Fantasia didn't wait on line because she forgot something and had to drive back home ( an hour or so VS overnight) and when she got back, they were done, but a security guard let her in to see the judges??? Very odd story. Not likely. Especially since the auditions are not in front of the judges the first day.

Diana had a professional career, but, although they had auditions in her home town, she went to Hawaii to interview? Never said why she went. Actually the number of people in the top groups who were under 18 was pretty astounding, and the number of people hiding professional careers was funny as well.

Season 4 - Carrie's professional page was removed pretty quickly when it was publicized just a little, but she was touring with a band at that time. If I were to guess people who were brought in I would guess Carrie, Constatine and Anthony. I don't think they were happy with Bo in the top 12. This si when they had videos from home during auditions or Hollywood week and they showed Carrie on the farm collecting eggs and carrying milk (do people on huge farms carry milk anywhere or is it trucked from the dairy? Constantine was shown performing wtih his band and quitting the band (much like Daughtry the next year. ) But my favorite was this boy who was working on hisfarm and it was revealed that he was a city boy who's parents had rented a farm for the video - the height of foolishness. That hit the boards and the guy did not make it inot the top 12, I thinkmost people on-line (who vote the most) called him "fake farm boy".

Season 5 - I think there were a few video people again that might have been recruited - Katharine, Daughtry - not Elliott or Taylor though. I have no question about Taylor sleeping in-line, he was the personification of a guy hungry for a break.

Well, Australian Idol is still very popular as a show but the winners haven't been doing as well as the winner and runner-up (Guy Sebastian and Shannon Noll) of the very first series in 2003. (Guy represented Australia at the World Idol comp)

My favourite singer in the world is Clay (of course!) but my favourite Australian singer is Casey Donovan who was 16 when she won Australian Idol in 2004. She still holds the record as the youngest Idol winner in the world. Her win was a surprise to everyone because she was up against a very cute guy with a huge following among the girls - the public didn't know at that time that he was gay. Unfortunately, the record company promoted the runner-up at the expense of Casey, because it was obvious they could make a quick buck with him. To be fair, he did have a good voice and is still doing well, but it is sometimes still a sore point with many of Casey's supporters.

Anyhow, although Casey's winner's single went to #1 and her album (completed in one week - rushed in time for Christmas) reached #2, the record company pretty much ignored her in favour of the runner-up. Sony BMG then dropped Casey. As an over-weight teen with family problems (with her long-time estranged father), she just didn't fit the image of a pop princess.

THIS week, Casey released her much-awaited work independently!! I am gonna shamelessly plug Casey's new EP, not just because she needs it but because this amazing EP DESERVES recognition.

The 4 songs are written by 19 year old Casey, and snippets can be heard at her MySpace. Eye2Eye is a hauntingly beautiful/sad song she wrote about her parent's divorce and the absence of her father in her childhood. It is in stark contrast to Lindsay Lohan's aggressive and angry song about her estranged father (check it out on YouTube). Everyone I know who has heard Eye2Eye has shed a tear. If you knew what Casey has been through in her life, you'd shed a few more for this young woman who has had more than her fair share of pain and rejection. Like Clay, she was also bullied at school because it wasn't cool to be overweight. Like Clay, she also released a book about those experiences.

Please check out her new (self-penned) songs at:

http://www.myspace.com/caseydonovanlive

She wrote:

Help Me (for her best friend, who lost her dad)

Did It Again (about addiction, in her case her struggle to quit smoking)

Eye2Eye (about her devastation of her parents' split)

Here's Where I Stand (also at her MySpace) is her Australian Idol semi-final performance which earned her a "Touchdown" from judge Mark Holden. In 5 series, she is the only contestant to receive a Touchdown for a SEMI-final performance. (If you go to YouTube and search "Casey Donovan+Here's Where I Stand" you will find that performance. My favourite performance of hers on Idol was "Beautiful".

The 4th song on her EP (which is not currently at her MySpace) is called Shattered. Some people think that the lyrics are about how she felt when she was dropped by her record company, but she says it is about the break-up of a relationship... not her own but one that she observed when sitting in public transport).

I hope I am not breaking any rules in giving Casey this plug but she really deserves recognition after what she went through. She already has a few fans in the USA and Canada but we want her to have a few more!!!

p.s. Natalie Gauci's (winner of Australian Idol 2007 ) winner's single reached #2, the first time ever that the Aust Idol winner's single didn't make it to #1.

Since I don't follow the idols from other coutnry, I guess I made a bad assumption. So the TV show is popular but the contestants have to struggle. I al;ways knew that AIers had more success than others, but I hae seen so many supporters of world wide idols at IDF, I jsut figured they all did well. As much as everyone deserves a chance to be idol, maybe they should make the US idol a world idol some day (two days between voting?) and let the world vote. In my international innocence, I assumed the idols came fromt he country that they competed in. I did hear that a Chinese person was in India Idol. and there was an issue with that. I don't know if it was just a racial description or a national one.

Everyone deserves a chance, but the issue in this case is - have any of these people stood on line or is 19 now recruiting people and just using the people who wait on line as fodder for bad auditions and you need connections to get on the show?

As to doing a plug, not my site, don't make the rules, but I can suggest that you send e-mails to people on variosus idols fan type sites. They always need more stuff for their sites and do take suggestions. just send different things to different sites. Examples are like Rickey. Org and Idolstalker.com. good luck.

How...interesting!

Though I think Taylor and Bo had everything but a contract...they both recorded albums pre-AI, toured and played with some big names...

All I can really say is with the knowledge that half the people in the show are actually professionals - I personally will be much less tolerant of any mistakes in voice, song choice, appearance. I was willing to give true amateurs a little benefit of the doubt, but if you've been honing your craft for years, you'd better be kick ass, or I will kick you to the curb.

I have to admit, back in 2004, I watched a lot of the international idol downloads and simple loved Anthony Callea best of the Australian singers - I just liked his voice and his choice of songs best. And I was seriously impressed by The Prayer.

I personally don't mind the plug - just make sure to stick it in the "Entertainment" thread in the Watercooler forum - a good place to spread the word on your other fave artists.

I thought World Idol was a ton of fun, and I'm sorry they only did it once. I really enjoyed seeing all the different types of singers. Ah, those were the days before Idol got all focus grouped and tinkered with and whatnot.

I'll be interested to see how much of the dirt that Idol Forums and VFTW et al digs up starts getting published in the more mainstream websites. I know that the Entertainment Weekly and People online sites cover AI pretty extensively, but they also seem to have a very cozy relationship with the show, so I'm not sure they'll want to dish much dirt. I seem to remember the NY Times and Washington Post did some coverage, and USA Today also reports pretty heavily on the show. Vote for the Worst got a big boost of publicity with the Antonella debacle last year, so maybe this will be their publicity "hook" for this season.

It won't make a difference in the ratings one bit, I'm sure, but I like to at least think the TPTB are getting their feet held to the fire just a little bit over their shenanigans.

I loved World Idol, too, in fact I bought the CD of the winner, Kurt Nielssen( ? I think). He sounds like Bono. But yeah, there was no way an American was going to win that since American's couldn't vote for their own, and the rest of the world was pretty pissed at US at the time.

Another Idol I really liked was that guy named Will from the first Pop Idol. I loved his version of Light My Fire on World Idol, even if he did mess it up. He's also hawt. He's also gay. Ah well. Clay is the only one I'd cheat on DH with, so it doesn't matter. And since there's not a snowball's chance in hell of my getting the opportunity with Clay, I'd say DH is pretty safe. :)

I would not mind having people on AI that have done professional work before, if only TPTB would be honest with us and just give us the truth in their bios. I hate being lied to.

And to whomever asked, my dad had a small dairy operation in southern Missouri for several years and none of us ever carried a bucket of milk. The cows are milked with automatic milking machines, the milk travels through a series of tubes directly to the tank. Then the dairy company sends a truck that pumps the milk from the tank directly into the tanker truck. Untouched by human hands. That was my first clue that Carrie's home town video was a crock of shit. I did go to her webpage before it was taken down and saw the extent of her experience. Like I say, I don't care, just don't lie about it.

I would not mind having people on AI that have done professional work before, if only TPTB would be honest with us and just give us the truth in their bios. I hate being lied to.

Have to agree with this... if it's not going to be amateurs, at least tell us the truth... and I agree with KAndre - if they aren't amateurs, they don't get much slack from me... you need to bring it every time if you've been doing this for awhile....

I was attracted to AI in the first place because I love singing competitions... I can't sing my way out of a paper bag so I enjoy watching/listening to those who can... I didn't start watching Season 1 until about mid-way though but enjoyed it for the most part... that's what got me to Season 2... and, of course, the rest is history....

I know that Miss America gets a lot of grief in the fandom... whatever... I've watched for years and am actually involved on the local level in my state... regardless of what you think of the program overall, the talent has always been my favorite part (even the not so good talent - and at the local level, you see a lot of that!)... so AI was right up my alley... not.so.much anymore... I dislike the lies and the obvious manipulation... just put the people out there, tell us who they are, let them do their thing and let the chips fall where they may... too simple though, huh?

I started watching at the end of the first season and have continued since. I love music and enjoy listened to those who really have talent. But I have to say that what appealled to me innitially was the thought that a unknown and deserving young person was giving a chance to make it. I since see the professional exploiting this. It is not like it was. I did not enjoy season three or season 6. Found most of these people boring and not having the best voice. I know that I am partial to Clay because I believe he has the best voice to come off that show. It does not mean I thought Reuben was bad, just not what I liked. I had hope that this year would be getting back to what it started out to be but I can see from the spoilers that it is not. It will be interesting to see who TPTB promote.

What do you mean by "on line" .. For me "on line " mean on the internet, but then I'm an Aussie, so pardon the ignorance!

Do you mean "in line", i.e. in the queue? If so, where did he sleep? On the ground, in the queue?

I am still catching up on all that I missed because we (in Australia) did not have American Idol screened here until Series 3. The very first performance of Clay's that I saw was his "Solitaire" as a guest on Series 3, and I was blown away!! That version of Solitaire remains one of my top 5 favorite performances by Clay and I prefer it to the Sedaka Tribute performance by far.

I am so grateful to the clack gatherers who have made it possible for me to see all his Idol performances plus his interview with Tyra (which I loved) and his appearance on 5th Grader. (Ha, I knew he was smart!!) I still wish I could have seen the entire series, including everyone else's performances and all the extra bits related to the show and Clay. Ah well. There's been a very kind member of this forum who has been so generous with her time and effort in answering my many questions, as there is still so much I didn't realise that I didn't know!! lol

Nic

My name really is Nic, don't you think my username is appropriate? I am surprised no one has come up with a drink called ClayTonic!)

How...interesting!

Though I think Taylor and Bo had everything but a contract...they both recorded albums pre-AI, toured and played with some big names...

All I can really say is with the knowledge that half the people in the show are actually professionals - I personally will be much less tolerant of any mistakes in voice, song choice, appearance. I was willing to give true amateurs a little benefit of the doubt, but if you've been honing your craft for years, you'd better be kick ass, or I will kick you to the curb.

I have to admit, back in 2004, I watched a lot of the international idol downloads and simple loved Anthony Callea best of the Australian singers - I just liked his voice and his choice of songs best. And I was seriously impressed by The Prayer.

I personally don't mind the plug - just make sure to stick it in the "Entertainment" thread in the Watercooler forum - a good place to spread the word on your other fave artists.

HAHA Anthony Callea was the very one I was talking about. He was runner-up to Casey Donovan but went on to greater success. I believe he is still doing well. He denied that he was gay in the beginning but later admitted it. I don't think it hurt his career, he does have a good voice and yes, The Prayer earned him a "Grande Royale Downdown" from judge Mark Holden. No one else had/has ever received such a 'award'! But he definitely deserved it, it was an amazing performance. He's very much the pop star whereas Casey Donovan is not quite mainstream, but her talent has a level of depth that is incredibly rare, especially for someone so young.

claytonic - that is an excessively cute name!

I think play just mistyped - Clay was in line (in queue, heh) - I think they were are sleeping outside on the sidewalk, still in line.

Oooo, Season 3 Solitaire was your first sight of Clay? He was totally tasty!

If you want to see everything, I've got most of season 2 I could do a megaupload or something. Let me know!

claytonic - that is an excessively cute name!

I think play just mistyped - Clay was in line (in queue, heh) - I think they were are sleeping outside on the sidewalk, still in line.

Oooo, Season 3 Solitaire was your first sight of Clay? He was totally tasty!

If you want to see everything, I've got most of season 2 I could do a megaupload or something. Let me know!

Ill PM you!

I have to check, But I think I still have the megaupload out there of every single episode of season 2.

Excuuuuuuse me. Up in the northern corner of this country we say "On line". Hurumph, I am off to pout right now.

You know there are a lot of weirdisms around here. We spent a lot of time in my Grandparent's city and they live in the one county in the entire US that calls that playground thing where you climb up the stairs and slide down a "sliding pond". You ain't gonna hear that anywhere else, and that is what I grew up calling it - yes, I am an anachronism.

a very big Sliding pond!!

Here they claim it is a NYC phrase - wong, Never heard anyone fromthere use it. I am going by a book that analyzed phrases in English in the world

here is where I have the links to season 2 let me know if any are not there. -

I have to check, But I think I still have the megaupload out there of every single episode of season 2.

Excuuuuuuse me. Up in the northern corner of this country we say "On line". Hurumph, I am off to pout right now.

You know there are a lot of weirdisms around here. We spent a lot of time in my Grandparent's city and they live in the one county in the entire US that calls that playground thing where you climb up the stairs and slide down a "sliding pond". You ain't gonna hear that anywhere else, and that is what I grew up calling it - yes, I am an anachronism.

a very big Sliding pond!!

Here they claim it is a NYC phrase - wong, Never heard anyone fromthere use it. I am going by a book that analyzed phrases in English in the world

here is where I have the links to season 2 let me know if any are not there. -

Don't worry, we love your people's odd ways of speaking...now, y'all be good 'cause I'm fixin' to hook Claytonic up!

Are the avis better than the old ogm filles I got from neurox?