American Idol 7

Ansamcw

I wasn;t going to watch tonight because the commercials have been pretty disgusting to me...the people they were showing were just ridiculous. But ...nothing else to watch so I succumbed. Well...I was pleasantly surprised by the first guy...

Don;t know his name but he lost 205 pounds...he was pretty average looking...then he sang a Maroon 5 song...loved his voice. Sweet falsetto sound that really sounds beautiful...he sounded better than maroon 5...

anyway...it was downhill from there...

so far...just in the first half hour.

Wow three more guys with fantastic voices...lets see if they will get far.

I'm watching but have paused it a few times so I'm a little behind. I couldn't believe that guy who had Randy burying his face in his papers!! If his friends encouraged him to audition, who needs friends like that!!!??? :cryingwlaughter:

(I used the Find New Posts button... do I get a prize????) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, I thought that the Grace Slick/Alexis chick sounded pretty good. A lot better than some of the folks that have been put through before.

Yeah she did but I agree with the judges...not really a good fit with AI but could be good with a band. So they really were very good with her.

That was it? That was the diss? I was expecting somethiing way worse....I was watching Idol off and on tonight - for me, Simon and Pauler and Randy are not even interesting any more, very predictable, kinda boring. I see what Clay means - it is like looking back at high school. Feh.

That was it? That was the diss? I was expecting somethiing way worse....I was watching Idol off and on tonight - for me, Simon and Pauler and Randy are not even interesting any more, very predictable, kinda boring. I see what Clay means - it is like looking back at high school. Feh.

Yeah I didn't even take it as a diss...more like teasing. It was just about the hair and red jacket...it was an obvious thing to say because of the auditioner.

Yeah I didn't even take it as a diss...more like teasing. It was just about the hair and red jacket...it was an obvious thing to say because of the auditioner.

It's a compliment.... Clay is easily one of the most memorable.

Ah well, I will be watching American Idol again on YouTube since it is not being screened Down Under on the free television channels. I believe those who have Foxtel Cable TV here will be able to see it though. That's not me, I can't justify the cost of Foxtel when I only watch one hour of TV per day on average.

I'll be looking for the YouTube videos if you guys talk about anyone special... I mean, if you find another Clay Aiken( as if..) ...

SO, did you see the girl who "sold her horse to audition", Ah these heartfelt made up stories.

If you want to know more about her - and you might not really be happy reading it - 'American Idol' Fans Weigh In On Connected Contestants

As to p[eople who think that season 2 did not have any experienced people, Josh Gracin was signed by a tiny label when he was 17 and had a hit single, but the guy who ran the label ripped him off and took off - so Josh never got a cent.

SO, did you see the girl who "sold her horse to audition", Ah these heartfelt made up stories.

If you want to know more about her - and you might not really be happy reading it - 'American Idol' Fans Weigh In On Connected Contestants

As to p[eople who think that season 2 did not have any experienced people, Josh Gracin was signed by a tiny label when he was 17 and had a hit single, but the guy who ran the label ripped him off and took off - so Josh never got a cent.

that was a disappointment to me cos she really seem a bit unsire of herself...not too flashy...I liked her a lot.

Is there anything about Brooke White...I liked her too and really seem new to all of this.

oh and the one thing that I don;t like is that they conceal it from the public and do made up background stories. If its true she tried to be a singer before she can say that ...but nothing happened...its up to the public to overlook that. If a person really has the talent then why not give them a chance . What is stupid are the fake stories. If this girl really sold her favorite horse...then thats fine...but don;t make up stories that people find out in the end...it will just back fire on them IMO.

From Joe'sPlace on IDF

Brooke White

Residency: Hollywood, CA

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/brookewhite

My free membership does not give me search options on IDF so I can't search out what has been said about someone, I don't see any notes about prior experience and Joesplace is usually pretty good about noting it.

From Joe'sPlace on IDF

Brooke White

Residency: Hollywood, CA

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/brookewhite

My free membership does not give me search options on IDF so I can't search out what has been said about someone, I don't see any notes about prior experience and Joesplace is usually pretty good about noting it.

Thanks for the link ...her songs are great and she sounds soooo good. I am going through my girls playlist and she fits right in there. I hope she goes further. What a great voice.

OK, I have some more info about horse girl.

From Foxesonidol

Kristy Lee Cook: This is the most controversial pick of mine – not because Kristy isn’t good, but because of what was revealed after the show aired that made her back story look a bit… lacking. Specifically, since the show, at least one article has come out talking about how Kristy was already “discovered” once – she was signed to a record deal with Britney Spears’ label. Furthermore, while the back story she gave on the show talked about living in a log cabin with horses, her bio on a p.r. web page for her says she moved to Dallas.

What that article failed to mention, though, is that the label put Kristy’s album on hold and then dropped it. She did release a CD, Devoted, but it wasn’t some superstar recording deal (you can hear some samples off the album here). Her bio does say she moved to Dallas, which makes me wonder about the whole story of selling a horse to go to Philadelphia auditions, but really, if she still lives in Dallas, why wouldn’t she just go to the Dallas auditions. I think the bio there is out of date, especially since it refers to a movie deal for 2006 in the future tense (I should note that the Internet Movie Database does not show any entries for Kristy Lee or Kristy Lee Cook, so I don’t even know if that movie was ever made).

My point in all of this is that I don’t think she’s as much of a ringer as some people might be making her out to be. Sure, she had some attempts to get into the entertainment business, but they’ve all been false starts. Now she has another chance on American Idol, and good for her!

So the issue is that her album was not released by Britney's label, but her single was released to general not good reviews. She is the one who made the video with the confederate flag and naked guy. So if the single had done well, she would have had her album released and she did get to try again on a smaller label and got an album out. That is two tries, I guess if she misses here, she will be out. I fon't think she will make it to the end, the video is out there and it will hurt her. I don't believe she sold a horse unless she is a professional horse trader, The story is just to stori-ish.

Too bad...I wish she just played it straight cos she seem talented. But that video would;ve come out whatever she did. was the confederate flag and naked guy in context?

It seems pretty easy for people to get a video done...Brooke also has a video in her myspecae...very simple but nicelt done...good shots and looked more professional than Kellie Picklers first video.

btw...I think its ok not to spoiler that info...its all over the the internet now and is part of her story.

I think the only thing we should spoiler is who will be in the 50 or 24...

Odd entry in a blog and something I have been wondering about for a long time - seems people have no idea of what they are quoting anymore. This fits right in with the 3 minute interview spot mentality - education, people, we need education!

random AI blog on auditions

And Randy what the hell was that about with “The South will rise again”? Dawg, do you have any idea what that means? What next? Are you going to produce the musical version of Birth of a Nation on Broadway?

I find this new system very interesting and certainly better than just cutting people off after one sentence and one verse of song.

LOOOOVE Brooke and David...

oh god this guy from Miami is really terrible...I didn;t think he was good then...either...