Spamalot Chat and Discussions (spoilers within)

Ansamcw

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Spamalot opening night is finally here!!!!

Thanks to 00lsee I will probably watch my dl as the play is going on and imagining Clay in the role...of course I will do that as I watch the boards for any new reports....So I figure we can use this thread to chat...give cellcert reports and then later discuss the play in as much detail as we want.

For those that wishes to remain unspoiled...beware cos we won't be using spoiler tags.

So I hope to see you guys tonight in this thread....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RVzlady has generously allowed me to upload the spam media to a more permanent home, this time in five, very easily digested clips.

No frills, but still much easier to watch (and download) than more than twenty youtube clips, that's for sure. Those who would prefer the set of four files, the set of two files or the single (huge!) file, please let me know if you have trouble acquiring those, as I will not be babysitting those links.

Anyway, here are the links:

part one of five

part two of five

part three of five

part four of five

part five of five

For those who like to read the end of a book first, Sir Robin's big number is at the beginning of part four.

I'll add this quote from 00lsee here in the first post so that we have easy access to the dl links...

These are not as good as having actual clack but it will do in knowing what the whole show is about...

I think we need some dancing nanners in this thread 'cause nothing says "Break a leg!", "Have fun!" and "Find your grail!" like dancing nanners!

:manynanas::manynanas::manynanas:

Until tonight :F_05BL17blowkiss: our brave Sir Robin!

I;m itching to watch it again. I really enjoy this show specially the songs. They are very simple yet melodic. Easy to remember and sing to.

My one hope is that they do another cast recording...with Clay or a DVD...with Clay...

I have a few questions for those who have watched Spamalot several times. Clay is obviously in all of the Sir Robin scenes, but he's also in a couple of other scenes. Is his first appearance as the guard in the wall? And then he will be in the 'not yet dead' scene where he talks about enlisiting as a knight?

Clay will also be playing Brother Maynard, as well. When is this scene - is it is in Act I or Act II?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

I have a few questions for those who have watched Spamalot several times. Clay is obviously in all of the Sir Robin scenes, but he's also in a couple of other scenes. Is his first appearance as the drunk guard in the wall? And then he will be in the 'not yet dead' scene where he talks about enlisiting as a knight?

Clay will also be playing Brother Maynard, as well. When is this scene - is it is in Act I or Act II?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Brother Maynard is in the last act...in the killer rabbit scene. He actually has some of the funniest lines...I think he is also the smart ass guard guarding the Herbert. Thats in act 2 too...at least it looked to me like it was DHP in that scene.

I really think this is the second lead after King Arthur cos he is on stage a lot!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE no pre show concert report yet...I won't be here from 7:30 to about 8...so I hope someone could do pre-concert reports...

I hope cait will be asleep by 8 then...I will start spamalot dl...hope the timing will be right....

my one hope is we get some audio from the show....I neeeeeeeed to hear clay with a British accent....

T-minus 32 minutes!! EEEEEEE!!!

From the CV stream:

There's a huge crowd standing around outside waiting to get in, they haven't let anyone in yet.

From LuvnthatClay at CV:

My friend just called and said that Faye and Brett just arrived!!!!!

From CH:

Merrieeee!!

Packed outside of the theater, lines both sides waiting to get in.

You can feel the excitement in the air.

Nerves are kicking in for some of us. So many nice posters outside.

We are thrilled for him, we really are.

Lots of NJU.

50% men.

Does not look like the usual crowd.

Group in front of them are 8 teenage boys.

FromClaygary, it's for those who don't want to spoilered for the show before hand....

Listening to the CH cellcert right now. merrieeee and Solo are in the 5th row, not too far from the aisle.

AAAAAND now the cellcert just cut out. Great...