SPAMALOT - closing night party

Couch Tomato

Hey...who's going to closing night and let's plot a party. Any ideas?

Do we do it before or after? After is kinda late for full dinner... so do we hit up appetizers and drinks or desserts?

If you'll be there May 4th.. post here and share your ideas.

Thanks

How many ar available for a party?

I know that my issue is basically I won't be that hungry after the show, but I can't dring too much either,since I am driving.

Fear and I can't meet anyone before the party because we will be rushing in from My godson's communion party which will end until 5 and we have to fly likethe wind to get to the theater.

Well, play, you don't have to drink alcohol!

Muski and I have tickets for the last show and I feel confident in saying we both want to party after with as many as possible. My lurker friend will be coming too and she is lots of fun. There must be someplace we can all meet up after to play!

The only problem with pre is if people are going to the matinee too. It ends about 4:30pm and on Sunday the evening show is at 7:00pm. That doesn't allow much time in between.

Well, we will be going to both shows on Saturday and on Sunday (god willing) so I agree that that doesn't leave much time in between for anything except dinner. But I'm sure we'll be doing whatever couchie is doing that last night, so whatever you guys plan will most likely work for us as well. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'll be at the last show with another Clayfan. We don't have any pre or post show plans yet. We'll be driving in and aren't going to the matinee, so pre-show works. Post show works, too, although we have a 2 hour drive back and both are working the next morning, so we wouldn't be able to stay too late. We could stop in, at least.

I'd love to meet some FCA folks.

As I see it now, we can try and have a party or we can try and fit into the CH or CV party. unless people speak up, I don't think we have more than a few people to hang out in a local bar.

I don't want to go to a large party so I hope we can pull something together.

Well, it looks like just a few of us. I really need to know if we need internet access or not though, there is only one bar 6 blocks away with internet access.

of course, it could end up if there is a GMA concert or something like that the next day with us lining up in the park. What ever we do, anyone driving with me is going to be a captive. and have to go along

Well, I don't see the necessity for internet access........if we can just get together after the final show for a couple of drinks (or whatever, no alcohol needed as far as this fan is concerned) that's great.......but since we are flying home in the morning, I was hoping it would be somewhere close by the theatre, i.e. walking distance, so that we could cut out after a bit to get some rest. I'm not interested in joining up with any other large parties, either.

If not, no worries, hopefully we'll have spent some time with some FCAers throughout the weekend!

As I see it now, we can try and have a party or we can try and fit into the CH or CV party. unless people speak up, I don't think we have more than a few people to hang out in a local bar.

I don't want to go to a large party so I hope we can pull something together.

I hope so, too.

Not sure it's possible to do anything between the matinee and evening show. I vote for doing something at a pub or some such thang---simple pub fare and some beverage choices, alcoholic or non...I know The Heartland Pub has good food and brew...just across Broadway, I think from the theaters...

Don't know what desserts they have...

I can't make anything before the show, I will be lucky to make the show - we are cutting it really close. I will be in west Jersey for a party at 2 PM -and I have to be there, how early can I leave, hmmmm? Have to drop someone off, change clothes.....

I have an idea. Why don't we just pick a place that has food and drinks - like a bar type place - not far from the theater that is open until at least midnight on a Sunday where we can hang out after the final show. Muski hit a few bars when she was there and we went to some Irish type bar that had food for a pre-show drink when we were there with her and Ldyj. Don't remember the name.

Anyway, it seems there are several of us who just want to meet up with some of the FCAers and eeeeeeeeeee and laugh and have fun, if only for a short time. Those of us who don't want to go to other parties can just go to wherever and those who have other parties to go to can maybe drop in for however long they can.

There are a lot of people here who do have other boards they are a part of and may want to go to those parties. But there are some of us who just want to get together to celebrate Clay with each other. All would be welcomed to drop in and join the rest of us for however long they want to or can.

All we really need to do is pick a place. Any ideas?

Well, I was hoping to get around a bit on closing night - make a whole day of it, but then I injured my knee and I can't walk very far. I am not sure I should even go, especially since our seats are in the Mezzanine. The idea of the stairs and lack of leg room is daunting, but I'm determined to give it a try. If I can still get around after the show, I'll stop by. Sounds like fun.

Is anyone intersted in meeting for drinks or coffee before the evening show? Cagney and I might stop at the lobby lounge in the Marriott across from the Schubert. I think it's on the 8th floor, or up there somewhere. Lots of escalators. It's a distance I know I can make.