#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Beach = small trailer (3 or 4 tightly packed people and crazed sweet dog) over 2 hours south of here in isolated area of the beach. Green head flies gone by the middle of Sept with the lifeguards, water is clean and warm and the wildlife preserve is open for quiet walks and fishing. Most restaurants open on the weekends, only a few open through the winter.

I don't think there are any sail boat rentals near by anymore. If I sell and buy a new trailer on the next island closer to home, there is sailing there, but I won't be doing that this year.

I am still looking at tickets - Why is there no evening show on Jan the 4th?

babybucketsoils.png

I couldn't resist!

Hee! I just saw this! Too freaking CUTE!

You know, it's cool that Clay and Parker's pic is being respectfully displayed (re: the text that accompanies it)...but man, that is NOT a flattering pic of Daddy Clayton! :cryingwlaughter: He has no obligation to look purdy for the cameras, of course, since this is a paparazzi shot...he didn't invite them to take his picture and I'm sure how he looks is the very last thing on his mind as he carries his tiny son to the car. Just kinda reacted to the pic the way I did to the Jenna Bush one! :rolleyes:

But see, the whole post here is just kind of flipping back and forth- from "Clay doesn't look so great in this picture and I have no problem commenting on it" to "but no one better comment negatively on my looks" (however "tongue in cheek this may have been"), and finally to "but look at this story about the poor little "ugly" child they wouldn't allow on tv". Can't speak for cindilu of course, and her post reacting to the inevitable criticism of his looks that always seems to crop up, but for me- someone who has never been/will never be considered "good looking", it always bothers me to hear outright criticism of Clay's looks.

Distinctions are important, I think. Take a look again at what Muski wrote that you bolded – she said it wasn’t a flattering PICTURE of Clay. Since HE is a famous person, I think it’s a valid comment. That said, the Chinese actually called the child not attractive enough (not sure they actually used the word ugly either) - not just a given picture or photo, the actual child. Minor but important distinction, IMO. I think Muski may be the LAST person to actually call Clay ugly (which I still don’t remember anyone here actually saying), particularly considering her, um, fascination with most of his anatomy. <g>

Yes, I can see where you could draw a distinction between talking about an unattractive picture of a person, vs flat out saying the person is unattractive. And I'm very aware of Muski's attraction to Clay's physical assets ;) - of which he has many! It just seemed to me that the flow of statements kind of contradicted each other. I agree with some of the sentiments expressed earlier (cotton, couchie) about Clay looking at people as "people"- not old/young, fat/skinny, black/white, attractive/unattractive. Wish we all (myself included) could be more like that. Oh, and my fondest desire is for world peace! (Thus concludes the Miss America portion of my editorial.) :cryingwlaughter:

PS- I'm sorry- I lied- my fondest desire really doesn't have anything to do with world peace- it does, however, have a lot to do with the man up in that banner! :wub:

Beach = small trailer (3 or 4 tightly packed people and crazed sweet dog) over 2 hours south of here in isolated area of the beach. Green head flies gone by the middle of Sept with the lifeguards, water is clean and warm and the wildlife preserve is open for quiet walks and fishing. Most restaurants open on the weekends, only a few open through the winter.
Sounds perfect!!! Maybe this'll be the year I learn to fish for real -- most I ever did was a stick and some string, a long time ago. But apparently that's really cool now an called "primitive fishing". I.will.not.use.gadgets.on.helpless.fish.

babybucketsoils.png

I couldn't resist!

Hee! I just saw this! Too freaking CUTE!

I can't see this because it's on photobucket -- but I bet it's super cute!!! Can anyone copy it to the FCA gallery please?

:bday2:

Cha cha trusty

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE spamalot!!!!

I think thats perfect for Clay. Something to make money with and something stable as Parker. Clay and Jaymes adjust to each other.

I will see if I can make the final week....I told myself I didn't want to travel in the winter, but this will be a great chance for me. Have to see if I can work everything out.

ClayAikenpix has new pictures of Clay the day Parker was born...they are over at CV!

Kim

FYI

I just bought a discount ticket for first row mezzanine for opening night.

Hey the last night tickets were expensive, they raised the price for that show already! So, there is the two day over lap with the discount tickets and I used it. SIlly people, they should have shortened that discount!

Bad, Cindilu, bad. Hee, have you posted that emoticon at the fan club yet?

Come back and visit me some time.

Who is going tothe first weekend?

SAVE THE DATE!

Sunday, September 21st, 2008

10:00am - 7:00pm

Shubert Alley and West 44th Street

Grand Auction at 4:30pm!!

The Broadway Flea Market, held each September in Shubert Alley, brings out the biggest and brightest stars from Broadway, Off-Broadway, Dance and daytime television to greet fans and sell memorabilia.

The event also includes the Celebrity Table, where celebrities gather throughout the day to sign autographs and pose for photos in exchange for donations.

The highlight of the Flea Market is the Grand Auction, in which singular items and opportunities such as walk-on roles in Broadway shows, television programs and films are available to the highest bidder.

ANyone want to go with me?

Eeep, I couldn't resist buying at least one pair tonight, while there are still good seats left to be had. A pair in B101 baybee! On a Thursday night in December. :) Heh, I figure if it doesn't work out, I can probably find a buyer, right? I really can't afford to be doing this again!

I might as well have my direct deposit changed to his bank account! This is soooo bad and yet soooo good!

Hee! From suereu :

DFm2QYs7Cdsmile.gif

I hope someone can bring over the new pictures.

I have no idea when I'm going..can't even think about it until Octorber but YAY. I'm so thrilled that he can do this again and that it means stability for the baby...those first few months are soooo important because of all the firsts. He won't miss any of them!! Of course he could have loaded him up on the bus too hee. I would have loved a new JNT cuz he was good at making them different..but this is exciting too.

From the public side of the OFC:

08/12/08

Clay Aiken will return to the scene of his triumphant Broadway debut in the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Monty Python’s SPAMALOT this Fall. Clay’s debut on Broadway earlier this year was met with wild enthusiasm from both his legion of fans and the New York press. He will reprise the role of 'Sir Robin ' at the Shubert Theatre from September 19 2008 - January 4 2009.

When he made his Broadway debut in SPAMALOT at the beginning of this year, Newsday said “Aiken is a charmer” and the Associated Press said that “Clay Aiken deftly handles supremely silly.”

Clay Aiken became a music superstar following his success on the "American Idol" television series, and has sold more than six million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours, said “Since leaving SPAMALOT in May, jokes have just not been funny. Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green -- the sky no longer blue. And, babies WON'T stop crying!! I'm so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world!"

This spring, Aiken released his fourth album, On My Way Here, his first album of original songs since his 2003 chart topping, double platinum debut Measure of a Man. On My Way Here's debut in Billboard Magazine's Top 5 continued his streak of all four of his albums having debuted in the Top 5.

Directed by Mike Nichols, who won his eighth Tony Award for his direction of the new musical, Monty Python’s SPAMALOT has a book by Eric Idle, "lovingly ripped-off" from the screenplay of the Pythons’ best- loved film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. The music is by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.

Tickets are available online now at telecharge.com or by calling (212) 239-6200/(800) 432-7250.

Other members of the SPAMALOT creative team include Casey Nicholaw (choreography), multiple Olivier Award-winners Tim Hatley (sets and costumes) and Hugh Vanstone (lighting) and Acme Sound Partners.

Winning more awards than any other show in the 2005 Broadway Season, including the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Grammy Award for Best Cast Recording, SPAMALOT has set box office records since opening on Broadway to critical acclaim in March, 2005 at the flagship Shubert Theatre.

Monty Python’s SPAMALOT is currently running in London’s West End at the Palace Theatre and is also on National Tour around the US. Monty Python's SPAMALOT is produced by Boyett Ostar Productions, The Shubert Organization, Arielle Tepper, Stephanie McClelland/Lawrence Horowitz, Elan V. McAllister/Allan S. Gordon, Independent Presenters Network, Roy Furman, GRS Associates, Jam Theatricals, TGA Entertainment and Live Nation.

For more information on SPAMALOT, please visit: www.montypythonsspamalot.com

____

I wonder when we finally get to see the Paula's Party show...that he'll mention him being in Spamalot again? In other words, think he knew this was going to happen back in April/May? And just didn't want to announce it until after the baby was born?

___

couchie, here are the "preview" pix from clayaikenpix.com (which, it is also announced, is closing at the end of August...wah):

20080808-tn.jpg

These were taken the day of Parker's birth....

I hope someone can bring over the new pictures.

I have no idea when I'm going..can't even think about it until Octorber but YAY. I'm so thrilled that he can do this again and that it means stability for the baby...those first few months are soooo important because of all the firsts. He won't miss any of them!! Of course he could have loaded him up on the bus too hee. I would have loved a new JNT cuz he was good at making them different..but this is exciting too.

*chants last weekend, last weekend, last weekend...*

;)

Does this work, Scarlett?

Eeeeee, yes! Soooo cute!!! :thankyou: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Looks below and waves at shamrock! Any chance of a repeat of the Van Daan's family suite?

I'd love to do that again. I emailed our other roomie earlier tonight. That was such a wonderful time in NYC last Spring. I hope it can be recreated this Fall. Let's do it.

Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!

I am so excited for him. I know that I will not be able to go, but I will enjoy everyone report after the show. He starts the night before my sons wedding. Busy weekend with many guest, I hope I can get online and read recaps.

I am also happy tonight. We bought a new house today. Much bigger than what I need, but the price was right. We wanted a house with a first floor master bedroom and we finally found one with everything we wanted including a big kitchen. Our house today has all the bedrooms on the second story, and I know someday I would not be liking climbing those stairs many times a day. Now we need to sell this house. Hopefully, even though the market is down, that it will not take forever.

I to hope someone can bring those pictures over!!!