#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

WARNING!

I am in pop-up hell now since I clicked on that video that's posted on photobucket.

(or maybe it was sendspace)

It's that f**king "Virus Remover 2008" again.

Someone posted that they got a virus from d/l'ing something yesterday. Kim?

IT MAY NOT BE A VIRUS!

If it says "Virus Remover 2008" on it it is a bogus virus scanner (i.e. it only SAYS it's a virus scanner) - what it really is, is a malware/spyware program - DO NOT DOWNLOAD the free scanner they are offering!

I'll give you more information after I get rid of it!

:hello:

to all the FCAers I saw yesterday! "Sort-or-recap" coming soon.... :)

eta:

Martin Moran is going to reprise the Sir Robin role.

I think he took over from Clay last spring, too.

Actually I think Marty Moran is the guy who was Sir Robin before Clay. The guy who took over in May was from the touring company. :)

the best is yet come tells me nothing really.

Guess you had to be there. :hahaha:

I don't get it :(

those numbers are really impressive. Hope the last week of shows has big audience too. I still find it incredible sad that so many shows are closing. But the economy is so bad and going to a show is so expensive.

hopefully the actors can find some work.

I also got that virus scanner message, I kept trying to close and ignore and it would not let me so I just shut the computer down. I ran a virus scan with nothing showing up, I have had no problems with anything so far. I hoped with just shutting down took care of the problem, I did not download anything.

I have injoyed all the recaps, I stayed up later than normal last night to read as many as I could. Ski patrol today came much to early. I just now relaxing, had dinner, went into the jacuzzi and just want to enjoy a quiet night. Work tomorrow.

WARNING!

I am in pop-up hell now since I clicked on that video that's posted on photobucket.

(or maybe it was sendspace)

It's that f**king "Virus Remover 2008" again.

Someone posted that they got a virus from d/l'ing something yesterday. Kim?

IT MAY NOT BE A VIRUS!

If it says "Virus Remover 2008" on it it is a bogus virus scanner (i.e. it only SAYS it's a virus scanner) - what it really is, is a malware/spyware program - DO NOT DOWNLOAD the free scanner they are offering!

I'll give you more information after I get rid of it!

:hello:

to all the FCAers I saw yesterday! "Sort-or-recap" coming soon.... :)

eta:

Martin Moran is going to reprise the Sir Robin role.

I think he took over from Clay last spring, too.

Actually I think Marty Moran is the guy who was Sir Robin before Clay. The guy who took over in May was from the touring company. :)

Yes, that was me and please let me know how you get rid of it...I have tried everything to no avail.

Kim

The thing of it is tribeca -- be prepared for anything. Since "we" really don't "know" Clay (or his career, for that matter), we've got to "look on the bright side of life" regarding it all. One of the things I've learned in the 6 years of being a Clay Aiken fan is to totally roll with the punches and accept what IS in regards to Clay Aiken. Having said that, I look forward to whatever he provides to me.

I used to be a planner. Wanted to know everything before it happened. Finally decided that the stress involved wasn't worth it. I still do plan quite a bit, but not nearly as much, and tell you what -- life is easier, and more enjoyable.

I think Clay feels the same way. (But then, I could be talking out of my butt too....)

CG here........

P.S. Claygasm just said (for bottlecap) that ACE is hotter than Reed...although perhaps their arms would rival each other! :)

In the interest of research, you've got this:

Ace-12.jpg

versus this:

Reed_handstand.jpg

Discuss amongst youselves.

:hubbahubba: to both!!!

Ace. Reed. WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE???? I ain't choosing. I'm taking both, plus Clay, plus Derek from Dancing with the Stars (talk about athletic!!), plus anyone else who suits me. <g>

I ain't choosing! I want them all!! (Like I have a chance with any of them....)

If Reed isn't dancing in Wicked anymore I wonder if he will be joining Clay in Raleigh? I sure hope so.

Do we know Reed is no longer dancing in Wicked?? I mean, maybe he just took the day off.

I am still wondering how I missed Brett. Lurker Friend and I both commented there was no Faye, Jaymes or Brett. We saw Nick, Reed and an older man and a woman standing right outside the theater as we went in. I made a point of looking closely at Reed them and I KNOW I would have noticed Brett if he were with them. Then inside there was Nick, Reed and the older man sitting in a row, but again I didn't see Brett! Now since EVERYONE else did except muski, Lurker Friend and I, he must have been there, but I am perplexed how we missed him!

I can't really add anything to muski's recap. The show was WONDERFUL. Clay was great, Rick was out of this world, Tom was amazing - everyone. It was truly the beginning of the end for Spamalot. The beginning of their last week; the departure of one of their major cast members.... It must all be so bittersweet for everyone. I just kept thinking as I was watching this show how much joy, how much laughter, how many smiles this show has brought - not just since Clay has been associated with it, but since it debuted on Broadway - what was it, in 2005? No matter how bad things may be in your real life, walking into that theater gives you a little over 2-hours of unadulterated joy. I remember the first time I saw it. My father lay dying. It had been a very emotional and stressful several months. My mother told me I should go - I NEEDED to go. And I did and I have never laughed so hard in all my life and it was like for at least a few hours, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders - and my heart. The next day reality returned, but man, that show was a gift for me then. And it doesn't even have to be something as heavy as that. You could just have had a bad day, or been in a bad mood - whatever. I dare anyone to walk out of that theater after seeing that show not feeling better than when they walked in!

What a great job it must be to be able to lift the spirits and the hearts and the minds of so many people!

I will miss Clay - but he will be back Don't know when but he WILL be back. But soon the lights will go dark on the Shubert and the Knights of the Round Table will be no more.

I am so grateful that Clay was in the show, not only because of being able to see him in his Broadway debut, but because he was in Spamalot I got to see Spamalot and experience all the joy it had to give.

So farewell not only to Brave Sir Robin but to Lancelot and Galahad and Bevedere and King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake and Herbert and all the others. Thanks for the laughter and the fun. There is no greater gift you can give and you all gave it so well.

Too tired to do a re-cap since I got about 3 hours of sleep last night, but wanted to comment on this. First, Ace has never been my cup of tea so I'm voting for Reed. Very hot. And I was 2 rows behind his group but on the left of orchestra and Reed is very handsome but didn't get to see his butt. And it was Nick on the end with Reed next to him and then Jeff and Brett. Nick and Jeff have both slimmed down and looked very nice. Didn't get a close look at Brett but Rocky's mom and I both were pretty sure it was him. I really liked to see all the support Clay has gotten from his friends and family this week.

Now, I'm going to read back and catch up on what I've missed but just wanted to say it was great meeting the FCA members who were there as well as some members from other boards. And a special thanks to Couchie and PermaSwooned who let me bunk with them so I didn't have to drive in the wee hours of the morning.

Okay, I am back...gonna make this quick.

Just a quick question and I hope I don't offend; but I have seen many posts; here and elsewhere commenting on how supportive Clay's family is and I think it is an odd thing to say...I mean, why wouldn't they be supportive? I don't get why people are surprised that the family would be at his final show or any show for that matter. Just something that has been bugging me.

Kim

Aikim, I think I can give you my reasoning. They have stuck with Clay through all his problems and successes. Not all friends and family would do that. He seems to keep his friends for a long time. My son got his masters degree and his wife didn't even show up. We have a lot of dysfunction in our families, so it's nice to see that his gives him support.

The final shows of Clay's tours and whatevers are usually wild, yet they face the craziness just to be there with him. I think its wonderful and it impressed me.

Aikim, I think I can give you my reasoning. They have stuck with Clay through all his problems and successes. Not all friends and family would do that. He seems to keep his friends for a long time. My son got his masters degree and his wife didn't even show up. We have a lot of dysfunction in our families, so it's nice to see that his gives him support.

The final shows of Clay's tours and whatevers are usually wild, yet they face the craziness just to be there with him. I think its wonderful and it impressed me.

Believe me, I know all about dysfunctional families...I think mine could write the book. I have always seen Clay's family and friends being supportive since the beginning, so I guess for me it wasn't a surprise.

Kim

The thing of it is tribeca -- be prepared for anything. Since "we" really don't "know" Clay (or his career, for that matter), we've got to "look on the bright side of life" regarding it all. One of the things I've learned in the 6 years of being a Clay Aiken fan is to totally roll with the punches and accept what IS in regards to Clay Aiken. Having said that, I look forward to whatever he provides to me.

I used to be a planner. Wanted to know everything before it happened. Finally decided that the stress involved wasn't worth it. I still do plan quite a bit, but not nearly as much, and tell you what -- life is easier, and more enjoyable.

I think Clay feels the same way. (But then, I could be talking out of my butt too....)

well I don't really like surprises never have ( I shake all my Christmas presents I read the last chapter of books before I start them) but I know what you are saying

I always thought Clay would be good on Broadway I just assumed he would have a singing part. the only planing I really want to do is start saving in Clay bank. Tour? (w/ a band please) Broadway show? Something I can actually afford?

I agree with Fear, especially because I'm also part of a dysfunctional family. I just met many Clay fans yesterday and feel closer to them than to my own family. But it isn't just that. I was worried that some of his family might have had or still have a problem with his orientation or with his having a baby. Sometimes people that you'd never expect to have a problem do and others that you think will have a cow react fine. I saw that with some in this fandom, although most acted as expected. So I was glad to see that his family and friends have been there for him. Not only this week but all year long. I'm just happy that Clay has so many people in his personal life to support him. He deserves it more than anyone I know.

I'm home! I don't necessarily want to be but I am. Muski and I had a fun day in NY today before she headed off for business and me home.

Must get to bed but first - anyone out there talented making avatars from video? See my one from Clay's last last show rooftop bow? And you know the clack we have from this last show rooftop bow? Can anyone make me an avie from the new one and can anyone make it so the old one sort or morphs into the new one??? It would be especially cool if the throwing kisses part from the new one was used since that's the part in my present avie!

If anyone is so talented I would be eternally grateful!!! :lilredani:

Now to bed since tomorrow its back to work.

Oh joy.......