#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Oh yeah. I noticed that myself. Well...that and his obvious bendy-ness. Then my mind naturally went to Clay's own lovely, long, expressive fingers and flexible...er....joints.

Reed's 6'2" and Clay's 6'1" and both have long, lean, long....limbs and both are quite bendy and both have gorgeous eyes, although completely different kinds of eyes and both have amazing smiles and....

Is it getting hot in here or am I having a power surge?

OT, but I wanted to ramble a little more about my ongoing problem with my radio station and MDYK. Now they ARE playing Kenny Rogers' version (from what I can tell) INSTEAD of Clay's. *headdesk* Dude... I wanted you to play Clay and credit it correctly!!

It's making me wonder if they were paying Kenny when they were playing Clay.

OOH! And twelve feet, three inches of sexiness! Y'AHH! :hubbahubba:

clayzcoffin - my advice would be to just let it go. Sounds like a losing battle - take it from those with many years radio experience when it comes to Clay. There's lots of other good stuff to focus on.

Bringing this link over from CV. This interview was on a dance website and I don't know the date except that Reed was in LA at the time.

He sounds like an very intelligent, informed young man who father happened to be the mayor of St. Paul at the time of the interview.

Susy Miller Fuentes interview Reed Kelly

:cryingwlaughter: I really love you guys!

Merrieee No google alerts for me, I brought that over from CV!

If Clay's happy, I am happy...Reed sounds like a great guy...so he has green eyes too!

Did you hear the other breaking news...it was on Yahoo's home page....Oprah revealed her weight...200. Boggles the mind what passes for Journalism nowadays.

Off to the dentist in a few...have I mentioned I hate going to the dentist?

Kim

What a cute couple! They could make beautiful babies together....oh wait!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! merrieee! I caught myself thinking the very same thing! I guess we can be incorrigible together! (Does that mean that you love ME, too, keepingfaith? :lipstick:

I've read somewhere that a suggestion for this pairing is the Relay! heh....

You know it, Sweetie! Unrepentant and incorrigible are two of the most attractive qualities a woman can possess!

Just thinkin' -- they can RAISE beautiful babies together. Dude must have passed the interview with Jaymes.

Not going to take this rumor as gospel until we have credible evidence - and that means sources like, oh let's say, Clay!

Another photo:

ClayReed_230.jpg

Two cuties to be sure, but that photo is hardly incriminating! There is so much space between them you could drive a truck through it!

I don't know about the IIT or IIU, but here's one person's thought... I IM'd this pic to a friend on Sunday, and before I could say (type) anything about it she asked... WHO is that guy in the blue shirt??? She zeroed right in on him because of the way he has his hand on Clay's neck/shoulder. Now I know a photo is a moment in time, and they are all huddled in order to be in the shot, but it is a very possessive/intimate gesture- and it was the very first thing she said, without any knowledge of why I was showing her the photo. FWIW.

Yeah, but what about the guy with his head practically on Reed's shoulder? If I was just looking at this picture with no knowledge of Clay's sexuality, I would think he and Hannah might be a couple and Reed and the guy with his head on his shoulder might be a couple (which actually was my first thought when I saw the picture - not the Clay and Hannah thing. The Reed and the guy with his head on Reed's shoulder thing)!

Reed is cute and MAYBE they are a couple - or maybe they are just good friends. But I think once again this fandom is obsessing over Clay's personal life based on rumor and gossip and NO facts and then saying Clay's personal life is none of their business.

Some are just having fun with it - and I think that applies to almost everyone here - but others are getting into it deep and treating it like it is a known fact and practically planning a wedding for them - all based on NO FACTS. It is just so reminiscent of all the "evidence" when some thought he and Kristy were a couple (their European trip together, the way he gazed at her at the DF gala, the dedication of WISYS on ATDW, etc.). People were CONVINCED it was true. And we all know how that turned out!

I think FUN shipping is, well, fun. I loved shipping the original Clelly! But its when you start taking it too seriously that it begins to squeek me out a bit - especially when it is based on such esteemed publications as the Star. I mean almost every week they report Jennifer Anniston is pregnant! I guess as long as they keep doing it the odds are one day they'll be right!

IF Reed and Clay are indeed a couple, I hope they are very happy, I hope Jaymes can live with it and I hope there will be lots and lots of cute pictures of them together! But they could just be good friends. I guess by now Clay is so used to this crap he can just roll his eyes, but it makes you wonder who would ever enter into relationship with Clay knowing this could - and most likely would - happen.

Here's a thought (and it's just that - a thought) but maybe Clay wants this relationship out there? I mean, if they went to Spring Awakening together and posed for photos and went to Rosie's gala together and posed for photos.......a lot of IFs there, I know, but it is a possibility. Or the tabloids are making a big deal out of nothing. But I do like the spin about the "hunky boyfriend". Who knows? I'm only in it for the fun, anyways. Heck, I was right there with the light hearted shipping of the Claymes too, but only becoss I wanted Clay to be happy and in love. I want him to be happy now, and if it's with Reed, fine by me! Hee, I think the Creed is a cool name. :)

In any case, that new picture of Reed.....in the words of the King.......OH WOW! What gorgeous eyes he has. Yep, my imagination has definitely been working overtime today. And cindilu2, I absolutely concur about the fingers on the neck thing. It was the first thought I had about the picture (all the while telling myself "stop it!") but you (or your friend) are definitely not alone in that.

Ok, back to work. The big boss is in town and she is a slave driver. I am counting down the hours until my plane takes off on Thursday morning.

I loved shipping the original Clelly!

Bwah!!!! That is the one pairing that made me pukle! And retch!

That was actually my burnt puppy, back in the day.

Different strokes for everyone!

Anyway, all I have seen is light-hearted.

Damn, that Reed has gorgeous eyes!

Hee can you imagine the conversation Clay would have with any guy he dates: Now you understand I come with a bit of baggage and it is 10,000 girlfriends. Now most are OK, some are weird, some are motherly, some are just plain nuts, some want to delve too deply into my personal life and well they all follow my every move!

The guy would have to be as strong, mentally, as Clay is.

It certainly is fun speculatin'

Damn, was hoping for some Clay fic. ;) Ah well, RHT has some new stuff (at least, it's new to me)....been a while since I had a hankering for fanfic.

Sorry, I can’t write real people fic – it’s just not me. I don’t begrudge anyone else doing it, but it just doesn’t sit well with me. That said, I did read one of Muski’s and enjoyed it – but overall I tend to stay with fictional characters.

I think the possibility exists that The Star got the Reed story from…wait for it….the boards. If “legitimate” jounalists are lazy, what do you think of Star?

I for one am delighted that Clay is in a relationship. Not sure how many of you feel about the entire coming out, but I think that Clay appears to be so much happier and so confident with himself; even more than he already was.

So, for the sake of appearing tolerant, we are now assuming Star Magazine is true? Geez. Come on, people – we never believed them before. At least wait for something credible. The sentence I bolded is a statement of fact – which doesn’t lend itself to the “lighthearted” way we would normally treat these things.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but even the hint of someone believing Star Magazine without an IIT attached is mind boggling. You can’t even believe the NYT half the time!!

All that said, I do love the positive connotation on the stories.

Did you hear the other breaking news...it was on Yahoo's home page....Oprah revealed her weight...200. Boggles the mind what passes for Journalism nowadays.

Ya know, this pissed me off, seeing this everywhere. So the fuck what? Does anyone know that the Governor of Illinois was arrested earlier for trying to sell Obama’s senate seat? Why the fuck not? Because Oprah weighs 200 pounds. Holy hell.

I seriously have to side with Claygasm here on the Reed thing. The boy is gorgeous – no question - but lets not lose control of our faculties here (see the above bolded statement). By all means, have fun with it (lord knows *I* am, I'm one of the best visualizers around) but I’ve seen a few too many statements of fact for me to be comfortable. To be honest - one is too many.

Here's a thought (and it's just that - a thought) but maybe Clay wants this relationship out there? I mean, if they went to Spring Awakening together and posed for photos and went to Rosie's gala together and posed for photos.......a lot of IFs there, I know, but it is a possibility. Or the tabloids are making a big deal out of nothing. But I do like the spin about the "hunky boyfriend". Who knows? I'm only in it for the fun, anyways. Heck, I was right there with the light hearted shipping of the Claymes too, but only becoss I wanted Clay to be happy and in love. I want him to be happy now, and if it's with Reed, fine by me! Hee, I think the Creed is a cool name. :)

As long as you recognize the “if” – because by that rationale, he was also wanting his relationship with Hannah, Jaymes and a whole host of others out there.

Maybe it would be safest to ASSUME that most, if not all, posters (when referring to rumors/possible relationships (note the use of 'slash', yo) and/or etc) that they mean rumorsiit, possible relationshipsiit or etciit...it's just that the "IIT" is silent. That way, no sensibilities are scraped, irritated, splashed with acid, or otherwise mutilated by presumptions that someone else's presumptions are...presumptuous.

I think Reed Kelly is hawt boyfriend materialiit.

See? It looks funny spelled out. heh

I have not seen any grimly determined stuff here - not much trying to prove they are a couple, not much trying to prove they are not.

I am creeped out by hearing a lot of people asking Reed to be their friend on Facebook!

Gov of Illinois - I had read somewhere a while back that Obama was going to move DNC headquarters to Chicago, I all I could think was no, you need to keep them a lot closer to your jobsite. Dunno if it was true or anything. Mayor Daly was rumored to have helped JFK's election out a little.

I cannot believe anyone cares even a smidge about Oprah's weight, that is so weird that it is a news item.

official announcement - anything I say on the Reed situation is an IIT thing - although it IS true he has beautiful eyes.

Well, I'm gonna have fun with this, damn it, and nobody can stop me! At least we're not getting dizzy on the gerbil wheel of "He lied" here.

holyshit.

Anyhoo....re: fic about Clay and a real person...funny thing. The Clyra is the only fic I ever wrote that had Clay with a real person. (although I had Kelly as part of the overall story in another story, it wasn't the main plotline) It was different for me to write, too. But Tyra (to me) is such a 'caricature' of a person that it wasn't as weird or difficult as I first thought it might be. I mean that in a funny way, not a hateful way. She CMSU most of the time---she's just so OUTTHERE! So I was having fun with her as I wrote.

I could not/would not write a story with Clay and Reed. Nope. I haven't even tried to write a Clay/M story at all. See, when I wrote my Clay fic with women, I could (even if only in my dreams) kinda know what I was talkin' 'bout, you know? :blush: But any true knowledge of a male gay relationship, sex, psyche, etc. that I would feel is necessary to really create CHARACTERS that I could birth and develop and execute in interactions with others would be guesswork and I'd honestly be afraid that inadvertently I'd offend or insult or step on toes or just come out sounding really ignorant.

You know the adage----write about what you know. :lilredani:

(ps. this does not mean I would not READ Clayfic with a man as his love interest- :whistling-1: --heh. Just means I'm not comfy (yet?) in the role of the author of such a literary endeavor.)

ETA:

I am creeped out by hearing a lot of people asking Reed to be their friend on Facebook!
Now THIS is what is really and truly making me ill. When I see all these Clay fans rush to have Reed make them his 'friend' on his MySpace or Facebook or whatever, I get the same feeling I do when I'm watching television and someone does something really, really embarrassing. I get sooooo embarrassed FOR them that I actually feel...unsettled, ashamed and downright yucky. And THAT'S how I feel at the idea that now there's another example of those 'cra--enthusiastic' fans of Clay Aiken. Slam me if you will, but I think it sucks and it's humiliating---just asking for ridicule, IMO.

To my friends here at FCA...

With a special MUAH to annabear...

Isn't it AMAZING how much he looks like that photo right now, three years later?

As for the Creed? I'm having just as much fun with it as I had with the Clannah (or even the Clocke). You remember fun, right? It's something that is mostly lacking in the board-dom these days, so if we can have a few giggles with this without having to put a disclaimer on every post, that's fine by me. It's been too long.

Clay could easily avoid offending the gentle sensibilities of all those who are hung up on his veracity regardless of the questions asked, by simply stating 'None of your fucking business' whenever he's asked anything that is private and/or to which the answer might possibly not be carved in stone and therefore subject to change.

To my friends here at FCA...

With a special MUAH to annabear...

Isn't it AMAZING how much he looks like that photo right now, three years later?

As for the Creed? I'm having just as much fun with it as I had with the Clannah (or even the Clocke). You remember fun, right? It's something that is mostly lacking in the board-dom these days, so if we can have a few giggles with this without having to put a disclaimer on every post, that's fine by me. It's been too long.

Clay could easily avoid offending the gentle sensibilities of all those who are hung up on his veracity regardless of the questions asked, by simply stating 'None of your fucking business' whenever he's asked anything that is private and/or to which the answer might possibly not be carved in stone and therefore subject to change.

:cryingwlaughter:

That would be beyond awesome. Imagine the tabloid frenzy. "GAY AMERICAN IDOL RUNNER-UP CLAY AIKEN TELLS FANS TO FUCK OFF"

*hyperventilatehyperventilate!!*

Well I was actually talking about his response to interviewers - but yeah, there are a few fans that it would apply to also - but see they generally just spout on message boards - not to his face.

cindilu2...I really like your...veracity...*bats eyelashes coyly*

I have not seen any grimly determined stuff here

Me neither. And trust me, with my constitution, I rarely get 'grimly determined' about anything that does not somehow relate to...fiber.