#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Squeee! When did he do that? I almost like that better than his typical version! Thanks, Scarlett!

<snip>

EATA: I'm all excited because it snowed about 1 1/2--2 inches today. That's the first time it has snowed (aside from some flurries) at my home for about 3-4 years and the most since I was single digits. (I'm 18 now, :D) I'm trying to figure out how to post some pictures... Pics, hopefully

It's from one of the HCC Christmas shows. 1998, I think. I prefer the new Emmanuel though I keep this to play once in a while.

You got a lot of snow! I liked this picture. What sort of plant is it?

n1111880084_318450_5046920.jpg

Treppie and gnocchi are so huggable!!! *waves to annabear* :puppykiss:

Thanks very much for the book recommendations, liney and FromClaygary!!! (and djs yesterday)

Thanks, Scarlett. Can you believe all that snow is already gone? As for the plant, well... :whistling-1: Sadly, I have no idea. It grows all over the place--more a weed than anything else.

annabear--your puppy sure is cute! He seems to like the camera too! My dogs will stare at me until I get the camera out, at which point they look anywhere but at me. :rolleyes:

annabear--your puppy sure is cute! He seems to like the camera too! My dogs will stare at me until I get the camera out, at which point they look anywhere but at me. :rolleyes:

That's my cat Spot -- I think it's because my camera does a "laser" thing before it actually shoots the picture, and Spot gets interested in that laser!

annabear, your puppy is soooooooo cute!

Scarlett, this is from several years ago, but if no one has recommended "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time," read that. I totally loved that story. I will say that I mostly read non-fiction normally, though. Right now I'm reading the book CV is doing as a book discussion, "Crisis," which is heartbreaking and maddening at the same time. It's true stories of people and their "coming out stories," and the suffering that many went through. I'm also reading a book called "This is Your Brain on Music," which combines science with art. Why do songs get stuck in our heads? Why do some people totally love Clay Aiken's voice, and others cannot stand it? This book tries its best to explain it, and I find it fascinating...

Topic: I hope Clay is reading a few books while he's home recovering...

Annabear Gnocchi is so cute!

:yeahthat: Although, have you decided on the name yet? If it helps, I once knew an Italian guy who pronounced it more like "nookie". :whistling-1:

We had another fun and successful cluncheon this afternoon. Thanks goldarngirl! And thanks to FromClaygary for pointing out that the OFC gifts this time around seem to have a bit of a theme to them.....think about it.....a lanyard and a travel mug......could it be........just maybe......that it's a hint of a tour coming our way? Heh, it works for me, so I'm gonna allow myself to believe it. :imgtongue:

I'm having trouble with IE also and have to use Mozilla most of the time so it may not be your computer but a larger problem.

The plant in the snow looks a lot like mint. If you crush the leaves does it smell good? Does it have a square stem? Those are two tests. If it's not mint, it may be ajuga - grows everywhere and has pretty small blue flowers.

anna... your little furry guy is A.dor.able!!!

Went to the Gem Faire today and got some supplies for jewelry making and some earrings at a GREAT price... under $10 and they are genuine stones (jade, amber, amythest), not plastic. This economy may be scarier than heck, but it sure makes for some great bargains when you are shopping for something. There was a good crowd there, but I didn't ask the regulars I know how it compared to other years.

We had another fun and successful cluncheon this afternoon. Thanks goldarngirl! And thanks to FromClaygary for pointing out that the OFC gifts this time around seem to have a bit of a theme to them.....think about it.....a lanyard and a travel mug......could it be........just maybe......that it's a hint of a tour coming our way? Heh, it works for me, so I'm gonna allow myself to believe it. :imgtongue:

And it will be announced on, or starting on, April 16th, right?? ;)

And it will be announced on, or starting on, April 16th, right?? ;)

Well, ya know..they said six weeks to get the stuff and that would bring us to around April 16th or so...could be...

Kim

Now here's kind of a cool thing if you haven't seen it....and another toy for the folks on Facebook :lol::hello:fear

Discovered by someone at the OFC....from butterflyshine who is a mod at the OFC:

One of the members at the OFC found this "demand Clay Aiken" on ticketmaster, I demanded him to my area and did a bulletin to my myspace account.

It is fun and shows interest, or maybe it's just fun....

www.ticketmaster.com/Clay-Aiken-tickets/artist/894037

Copy and paste into your browser, so it doesn't come from a Clay Aiken website....you'll need to scroll down a bit and look to the left for the "demand" icon, which looks like an OMWH album cover.

Nice seeing everybody again at Goldarngirl's again! :hello:

Travel does seem to be the theme. I do think that we'll get a tour (personally hoping for July/August, lol) but he needs to do SOMEthing to sell tickets to more than just us and somehow needs to promote his music more.

:shrug:

The plant looks a bit like catnip except for the purplish cast at the top.

Alabama. So, is there a difference between the South and the Deep South? Hmmm. I'm a bad Southerner, really, since my parents are both from up north. I'm like a Northerner in Southerner skin and waffle between the two.

Well, I’m originally from northwestern Ohio. But I’ve lived in Nashville for going on 17 years and from what I understand Nashville is the “mid-south” and Alabama would be the “deep south”. Of course, most of Kentucky is also considered the south. Southerners tell me that anything north of the Mason Dixon line is the north. Actually, they say “Yankee” but that it technically incorrect, since Yankee refers to the northeast. It’s all very confusing. It could be the wine. <g>

Annabear!! I’m having puppy love! I want to kidnap him and keep him for my own, kitties or no kitties.

To whoever posted that older version of Emanuel - wonderful, beautiful, swoonworthy. What an amazing voice our man has.

Nice seeing everybody again at Goldarngirl's again! :hello:

Travel does seem to be the theme. I do think that we'll get a tour (personally hoping for July/August, lol) but he needs to do SOMEthing to sell tickets to more than just us and somehow needs to promote his music more.

:shrug:

I never noticed a theme silly me.

what was last years theme -- a canvas bag, chap stick and pins. Please tell me!!!

I quoted you for some reason oh yeah I remember I do think that Clay has sold tickets to other people besides just his internet fans. Maybe I have met different people since I am in the cheap seats.

There are still people interested in him from his AI days.

Canfly glad to see you recovered from those beatings.

who said they were getting 4 inches of snow? The weather here is predicting a foot of snow tomorrow :(

I'm sending the next batch of ldyjocelyn's clips to the vaults but these are links for those who want early copies of mp4's or XviDs:

Sailing - mp4 (small files for iPods)

90's Banter - mp4 (small files for iPods)

90's Medley - mp4 (small files for iPods)

Sailing - XviD (large HD, make sure your computer can handle these before viewing)

90's Banter - XviD (large HD, make sure your computer can handle these before viewing)

90's Medley - XviD (large HD, make sure your computer can handle these before viewing)

I'm going to skip ICMYLM and move on to the 00's because I want to see if I can do something about the crowd noise on that one. I had good hopes for this set because we weren't using the external mic. That one will pick up whispers 10 feet away (which is why I get more crowd noise than anyone else), but even this set had a lot of screaming and it was particularly noticeable on that one.

lilyshine, wow, I'm amazed at your knowledge about plants. So, clayzycoffin, does it fit any of the ones lilyshine described?

Thanks for the booklist, ldyjocelyn! I'm perusing the first one on your list, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time"

Hey Scarlet

someone is going to be really happy with that sailing clip :)

I was wondering are you the lady who has a radio shack in your purse?

Well that was a great sailing clip because ldyj and couchie were right in front of the piano, so maybe someone will change her mind about the song... ;)

*guilty* Nowadays only with cellphones but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

You should see how much she travels with!!!

I have to point out that at Spam, I traveled light! There was one trip where I only had a carry-on and everyone else had checked in something... then we stood around the baggage claim area chatting and not answering our phones while Solo was outside in a no-parking zone!

I am going to state categorically that I will miss our current thread title enormously in a couple more pages... :cry4::cry4:

Can we immortalize it in some way somewhere??? Can we??? Ideas???

It might be a good title for our photo gallery??? Something???? I love it so... :clap::clap::clap:

I'm having trouble with IE also and have to use Mozilla most of the time so it may not be your computer but a larger problem.

The plant in the snow looks a lot like mint. If you crush the leaves does it smell good? Does it have a square stem? Those are two tests. If it's not mint, it may be ajuga - grows everywhere and has pretty small blue flowers.

<snip>

The plant looks a bit like catnip except for the purplish cast at the top.

Alabama. So, is there a difference between the South and the Deep South? Hmmm. I'm a bad Southerner, really, since my parents are both from up north. I'm like a Northerner in Southerner skin and waffle between the two.

Well, I’m originally from northwestern Ohio. But I’ve lived in Nashville for going on 17 years and from what I understand Nashville is the “mid-south” and Alabama would be the “deep south”. Of course, most of Kentucky is also considered the south. Southerners tell me that anything north of the Mason Dixon line is the north. Actually, they say “Yankee” but that it technically incorrect, since Yankee refers to the northeast. It’s all very confusing. It could be the wine. <g>

Annabear!! I’m having puppy love! I want to kidnap him and keep him for my own, kitties or no kitties.

To whoever posted that older version of Emanuel - wonderful, beautiful, swoonworthy. What an amazing voice our man has.

<snip>

lilyshine, wow, I'm amazed at your knowledge about plants. So, clayzycoffin, does it fit any of the ones lilyshine described?

Thanks for the booklist, ldyjocelyn! I'm perusing the first one on your list, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time"

:shrug::unsure: I feel bad... I really have no idea what the plant is. Since dashing out of the house to take pictures of the snow this morning, I've been on the computer doing homework all day. I was going to go check and see if it was mint, but forgot.

As for all the Southern stuff... I've always assumed AL, MS, TN, FL, GA, and SC made up the "Deep South" and everybody else was just the "South".

Does anyone here use a netbook? I'm thinking of getting a refund for my computer and buying a little netbook instead.

You should see how much she travels with!!!

Have seen it, lol. I have just as much, lol. People I travel with say that about 90% of my luggage is electronics.

Jeez. It's more like...

70%, lol. :hahaha:

clayzycoffin

Does anyone here use a netbook? I'm thinking of getting a refund for my computer and buying a little netbook instead.

I am really tempted by these lightweight, perfect for travelling netbooks....but none of the ones I've seen have a DVD player in them which means you can't play or burn any discs.

I don't think they are meant to replace desk tops or lap tops.

And now for cute of a different kind....

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

I am a sucker for a puppy, any puppy. Although I hate seeing puppies and kittens in a pet shop window because I hate it that they are sold that way, I cannot resist going up to them to have a peek, even if they are fast asleep.

I have also received tons of cute pics of puppies and kittens over the years on the net because everyone who knows me knows I love them. Now, having said that, I honestly and truly cannot remember a single pic of any puppy (including my own) that is as adorably cute as your Gnocchi. Really and truly, those eyes, that face absolutely melts me! I had sneakily saved the one of him watching sports on TV because initially THAT was the cutest pic, the expression on his face.... but now I steal all these as well. Um, is there any copyright breach....

If I were one of you cats, I'd be pretty miffed about sharing my space with something that cute...