#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Posted this at CV. It seems that E!Online has a poll and has filed it appropirately....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it cute that at the bottom of that article & poll, you see this announcement:

"filed under TOP STORIES, REALITY TV, POLLS, CLAY AIKEN, FEUDS, AMERICAN IDOL"?

(bolding mine)

Something missing? How many headlines does it take to warrant your own file?

ETA: Oh, what a nice banner!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted this at CV. It seems that E!Online has a poll and has filed it appropirately....

Isn't it cute that at the bottom of that article & poll, you see this announcement:

(bolding mine)

ETA: Oh, what a nice banner!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's our guy! :cryingwlaughter:

Very niiiiiiiiice banner!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Caro

I'm here! Back from a week-end with the in-laws; had a family dinner last night for my husband's parents 60th wedding anniversary and a barbecue today. They wanted a swing for their backyard; so we bought them one...my husband and his brother put it together this morning and we set it in my SIL backyard with a big sign so when they got there they had a nice surprise. We had them sit in it and hold the sign that said Happy Anniversary and all of our signatures; it was so cute! I tell you that swing was a hit at the barbecue...everyone wanted to sit in it! It was a fun week-end, but I am tired!

The countdown will be back tomorrow!

Kim

aikim, glad to see you back and congratulations to the parents-in-law!!!

Happy to hear that the countdown will continue.

We miss the cute guy! And this one too :yahoo:.

(bolding mine)

Scarlett, I added a paragraph about the "tags" to the "headline" blog. Thnx! :hahaha:

Caro

Carolina On My Mind

about SYTYCD--

isn't Nigel Lythgoe gay as well? Or is it just that he's British and prissy?

I think he's a scuzzball, straight or whatever. I think he's smarmy.

Good morning. It's a beautiful day today, so far. I'm a little tiredof all the rain.

No comment on SYTYCD. Never watched it. It's on the network I never watch.

Love the banner! Very retro looking.

Have a great day! :thbighug-1:

Wheeee, love the banner!

I read at CH that Clay's Prop 8 answer has been lifted from his blog and is circulating around the blogosphere. On the one hand, I hate that people are taking comments from his private board and spreading them around. I would hate it if he stopped being so blunt and honest, because he realizes that the OFC isn't at all private. On the other hand, his comments were so well written and thought out, I kind of like that more people will read them. It will be interesting to see how far they spread.

No, he is not gay - just British.

There is a show I like called Peter Perfect, a guy named Peter Ishkhans, who has his own upscale hair salon, goes to struggling small businesses and redesigns everything. Shop, employees' hair and clothing, everything.

He does a good job, but he is dreadful at picking out clothes, IMO.

Once, one of the employees at the business of the week asked him if he was gay, and he said no, I'm British!

Beautiful banner - it reminds me of wonderful old faded exotic travel posters or something.

Good Morning Everyone,

Raining here; hubby's truck would not start last night so he took my car to work. So, I have to wait until he gets home to go to work. I hate having my schedule messed up...just throws my day off. At least I will have time to get laundry done from the week-end. Always think on the bright side of life!

Bugs me too that Clay's posts are taken from the OFC; but there really is no such thing as "privacy" on the internet...as long as it doesn't prevent Clay from posting, I can live with it.

Polls...never vote in them...I think they are pretty silly actually and just keep the fan wars going.

138 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks for the banner-love, ladies. :bighug: I do love doing things like that, but am never sure about using them, lol. Glad you like it!

I, too, admired Clay's response about Prop 8. Too bad that people are dishonoring the spirit of the OFC, but not surprising. I'm sure as considered and fair-minded as his answer was, they'll find a way to beat him up over it.

Thanks for the banner-love, ladies. :bighug: I do love doing things like that, but am never sure about using them, lol. Glad you like it!

I, too, admired Clay's response about Prop 8. Too bad that people are dishonoring the spirit of the OFC, but not surprising. I'm sure as considered and fair-minded as his answer was, they'll find a way to beat him up over it.

The only good side to Clay's response to Prop, 8 being distributed to the blogosphere is that it really shows just how articulate, intelligent & thoughtful he is, and I think far too few people see this side of Clay, they only see the crap!! Of course our favorite asshole is taking credit for lifting the blog & sending it to PH's shit site, & he lifted the Adam blog as well & sent it to Gawker .com. He has bragged for quite a while that he is a member of the OFC under an alias. Too bad the OFC doesn't have a way they can track it to him & ban his sorry ass. But, if he didn't lift it one of the other wacko's over there would. Clay we need some news, Baaaaad!!!

I read at CH that Clay's Prop 8 answer has been lifted from his blog and is circulating around the blogosphere. On the one hand, I hate that people are taking comments from his private board and spreading them around. I would hate it if he stopped being so blunt and honest, because he realizes that the OFC isn't at all private. On the other hand, his comments were so well written and thought out, I kind of like that more people will read them. It will be interesting to see how far they spread.

The Carolina blog has been receiving steady hits from A Guy Named Brian. I followed the connecting link back from one of these many unexpected visitors. Brian linked to my blog with this line: "His response is articulate, nuanced, and thoughtful." I just checked the man's profile, and he is an editor in the communications/media field. Excellent blog!

And, Scarlett, Clay's name is in the blog's headline and is the first technorati tag. :)

Repeating ... awesome banner, cindilu2! :clap:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

This was posted by Notacanuck at the CH -

Clay and Ruben are still the champs in post-Idol single sales

http://www.idollive.net/2009/05/kris-and-a...k-sales-in.html

Quote:

Winners

1) Ruben Studdard, "Flying Without Wings / Superstar" - 286,000* - #2 (#2)

2) David Cook, "The Time of My Life" - 236,024 - #3 (#3)

3) Kelly Clarkson, "A Moment Like This / Before Your Love" - 236,000* - #1 (#52)

4) Taylor Hicks, "Do I Make You Proud / Takin' It to the Streets" - 190,147* - #1 (#1)

5) Fantasia, "I Believe / Chain of Fools / Summertime" - 142,141* - #1 (#1)

6) Kris Allen, "No Boundaries" - 134,458 - #11 (#11)

7) Carrie Underwood, "Inside Your Heaven / Independence Day" - 131,504* - #1 (#1)

8) Jordin Sparks, "This Is My Now" - 74,303 - #15 (#15)

Runners-Up

1) Clay Aiken, "This Is The Night / Bridge over Troubled Water" - 393,000* - #1 (#1)

2) Adam Lambert, "Mad World" - 114,763 - #19 (#19)

3) Bo Bice, "Inside Your Heaven / Vehicle" - 108,158* - #2 (#2)

4) David Archuleta, "Imagine" - 71,178 - #36 (#36)

5) Blake Lewis, "You Give Love a Bad Name" - 70,133 - #18 (#18)

6) Diana DeGarmo, "Dreams / Don't Cry Out Loud / I Believe" - 65,000* - #14 (#14)

7) Katharine McPhee, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / My Destiny" - 47,394* - #12 (#12)

On the Hot 100 side of things, Kris has the second-lowest debut on the chart for any winner (only ahead of Jordin's "This Is My Now") and Adam's highest-charting single is also the second-lowest debut for any runner up on the chart (ahead of David Archuleta's "Imagine").

-------------------------------------

:clap:

Bravo, Clay! A song comes to mind.....

You're simply the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone, anyone

and now I'll have Tina Turner in my head all day :)

The only good side to Clay's response to Prop, 8 being distributed to the blogosphere is that it really shows just how articulate, intelligent & thoughtful he is, and I think far too few people see this side of Clay, they only see the crap!! Of course our favorite asshole is taking credit for lifting the blog & sending it to PH's shit site, & he lifted the Adam blog as well & sent it to Gawker .com. He has bragged for quite a while that he is a member of the OFC under an alias. Too bad the OFC doesn't have a way they can track it to him & ban his sorry ass. But, if he didn't lift it one of the other wacko's over there would. Clay we need some news, Baaaaad!!!

Seems to me that even if the OFC were able to ban him he could just join under a different name. I think that he will always around..he is obsessed.

And I don't think that he is the only OFC member who would lift the blog, judging from some of the nasty comments thrown at Clay after his Adam comment from "fans" at OFC.

Love the banner.

I checked google, and Clay's blog has been copied to a few more places. While I regret that Clay's private responses can't be private, in this case, I hope a lot of people read what he has to say because it's well worth reading.

O/T: Just saw this pop up on Facebook. Wish I lived in LA or NYC!

http://pythonline.com/a_special_offer_to_pythonliners

From the Creators of "Spamalot,"

and WestBeth Entertainment

by kind permission of Monty Python

For a Few Nights only

"An Evening Without Monty Python"

A Jubilation starring

Hank Azaria, Jane Leeves, Alan Tudyk,

Rick Holmes and Jim Piddock

Los Angeles: Ricardo Montalbán Theatre - Sept 23 to Oct 4

New York: Town Hall – Oct 6 through 10

Another work week beginning! 2 days off Thurs. Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

Hope for some more clay news soon! Have a good evening every one.

Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

{{{preden}}} Hang in there. My special kid is graduating high school next week! I never thought I'd see the day.

Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

{{{preden}}} Hang in there. My special kid is graduating high school next week! I never thought I'd see the day.

Thanks! He's beginning a 29 week program in July in order to get him eventually a job. He gets so stressed out with anything new. I'm so thankful for special educator assigned to him.

Wheeee, love the banner!

luckiest... When I google Clay Aiken, the only blog that features the Prop 8 statement is PH's and I ain't going there. Yuck!

This was posted by Notacanuck at the CH -

Clay and Ruben are still the champs in post-Idol single sales

http://www.idollive.net/2009/05/kris-and-a...k-sales-in.html

Quote:

Winners

1) Ruben Studdard, "Flying Without Wings / Superstar" - 286,000* - #2 (#2)

2) David Cook, "The Time of My Life" - 236,024 - #3 (#3)

3) Kelly Clarkson, "A Moment Like This / Before Your Love" - 236,000* - #1 (#52)

4) Taylor Hicks, "Do I Make You Proud / Takin' It to the Streets" - 190,147* - #1 (#1)

5) Fantasia, "I Believe / Chain of Fools / Summertime" - 142,141* - #1 (#1)

6) Kris Allen, "No Boundaries" - 134,458 - #11 (#11)

7) Carrie Underwood, "Inside Your Heaven / Independence Day" - 131,504* - #1 (#1)

8) Jordin Sparks, "This Is My Now" - 74,303 - #15 (#15)

Runners-Up

1) Clay Aiken, "This Is The Night / Bridge over Troubled Water" - 393,000* - #1 (#1)

2) Adam Lambert, "Mad World" - 114,763 - #19 (#19)

3) Bo Bice, "Inside Your Heaven / Vehicle" - 108,158* - #2 (#2)

4) David Archuleta, "Imagine" - 71,178 - #36 (#36)

5) Blake Lewis, "You Give Love a Bad Name" - 70,133 - #18 (#18)

6) Diana DeGarmo, "Dreams / Don't Cry Out Loud / I Believe" - 65,000* - #14 (#14)

7) Katharine McPhee, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / My Destiny" - 47,394* - #12 (#12)

On the Hot 100 side of things, Kris has the second-lowest debut on the chart for any winner (only ahead of Jordin's "This Is My Now") and Adam's highest-charting single is also the second-lowest debut for any runner up on the chart (ahead of David Archuleta's "Imagine").

-------------------------------------

:clap:

Bravo, Clay! A song comes to mind.....

You're simply the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone, anyone

and now I'll have Tina Turner in my head all day :)

treenuts.... this list is great... thanks for bringing it over!

cindi... I LOVE the banner... and not just because you used my FAVORITE thread title of all time! :BlowKiss: It's beautious!!!