Name That Tune

canfly172

WTF?

A type of simian you won't find on Pluto

+

Without them, sooner or later canfly can't fly.

Moneys?

You're one letter off....

=

Grease????

:dan:

And how the hell Scarlett got Grease out of that I'll never know. :huh:

Flying grease monkeys on Pluto? :huh: :duh: :idgi: :wtf:

I'm just gonna stare at this instead...

Deccacrop.jpg

Canfly, do you know the slang, "grease monkey"? It's a pretty common expression. If you don't you'd never get it, but if you do, it's not that complicated. Grease monkey is the kind of monkey you won't find on Pluto, unlike the flying monkeys Clay went to visit there onetime (according to a famous comment in Star magazine).

I see Scarlett's done another doozy.

I don't know what is more confusing, the instructions for using the board or the clues.

I got the multiple quote thing. That's a start. Think I got the image thing.

Apparently you guys have different brain wiring. Like Canfly, I still didn't understand the Grease clues once it was guessed. And I have definitely heard of grease monkeys.

A clue for Grease would be "oil" or "obtained by a squeaky wheel" or "bacon product".

Canfly, your friends are scaring me. Hold me.

I see Scarlett's done another doozy.

I was lazy on this one because it was late and I was mesmerized by the picture that canfly conveniently posted here... so I went through the title from left to right, picking words or word fragments (or words that sounded like them, eg. canfly's "ewe" instead of "you"), looked them up in an online dictionary or thesaurus and copied down whichever definition beckoned; after a while, the phrases just seemed to organize themselves around a theme... :)

The "restroom" at the beginning of the title is a good place to start, because how many songs begin with a word or part of a word that means "restroom"?

eg. If Clay had sung "Louie Louie", this would have been a good clue:

Song: Louie Louie

Clue: restroom us restroom us (loo we loo we)

So, what song (and one that Clay has performed) begins with a word that also means "restroom"?

Oh, and it really should read:

restroom anyone overflow most satisfying have it bad in excess murkiness

This window has been sitting open since last night, so I'll finish it and see what else is new, lol....

Canfly, do you know the slang, "grease monkey"? It's a pretty common expression. If you don't you'd never get it, but if you do, it's not that complicated. Grease monkey is the kind of monkey you won't find on Pluto, unlike the flying monkeys Clay went to visit there onetime (according to a famous comment in Star magazine).

If I ever read the flying monkeys on Pluto reference, I sure don't remember it now, and so that clue whizzed right on by me cuz I couldn't figure out what Pluto had to do with anything. Yes, I've heard the expression grease monkey re: car mechanics. Never re: airplane mechanics. No monkeys working on MY plane boy. And I never would have tracked that line of clues, lol.

I don't know what is more confusing, the instructions for using the board or the clues.

Shall we call it a tiiiiiiiiiiie? TM...somebody in Spamalot...was that the father, lol?

Apparently you guys have different brain wiring. Like Canfly, I still didn't understand the Grease clues once it was guessed. And I have definitely heard of grease monkeys.

Yup. My brain ain't wired like JMH's or Scarlett's, lol. I ain't dat snart, lol.

Canfly, your friends are scaring me. Hold me.

Awwwwww...therethere.gif Dey ain't skeery.

There IS a reason why I teach Grade 1 and not University PHD courses, lol. :curtsie:

I was lazy on this one because it was late and I was mesmerized by the picture that canfly conveniently posted here... so I went through the title from left to right, picking words or word fragments (or words that sounded like them, eg. canfly's "ewe" instead of "you"), looked them up in an online dictionary or thesaurus and copied down whichever definition beckoned; after a while, the phrases just seemed to organize themselves around a theme... :)
Even that sounds like too much work, lol. Oh and the "ewe" thing was all Sparky's doing, lol.

The "restroom" at the beginning of the title is a good place to start, because how many songs begin with a word or part of a word that means "restroom"?

eg. If Clay had sung "Louie Louie", this would have been a good clue:

Song: Louie Louie

Clue: restroom us restroom us (loo we loo we)

:meme: A clue I can follow! :clap:

So, what song (and one that Clay has performed) begins with a word that also means "restroom"?

Well, I'd have gone through a list of all of the slang words for bathroom I could think of but too late now, lol. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, and it really should read:

restroom anyone overflow most satisfying have it bad in excess murkiness

Well, that clears that right up, lol.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight huh? :huh:

Overflow, lol?

:shrug:

ETA: Nuttin new.

JMH!!!! :whereareu:

You're up, lol.

Why don't we try to do it like Pictionary --

The objective is to give an easy clue that people will guess it in as little time (or as few tries) as possible, but w/o using words in the title nor just paraphrasing it.

What do you guys say?

I say that I've only just gotten online to have a quick look and it's like 2:30am and my brain is fried, lol.

Today sucked. Needed to get to school to start getting things ready. I had a doctor's appointment at 1pm. Was gonna go after appointment and grabbing groceries. Got home. Got call from M/C. Found out that my credit card number of over 20yrs has been "compromised" and Amex Mastercard wouldn't give me any details re: whether it was online or local merchant cuz of some merchant privacy law and I had a hissy fit over that cuz I can rattle that sucker off and speed type it into any ticket optaining situation without even thinking about it. THEN I discover I have no high-speed. They've been gradually switching people over to a new upgrade...signal doesn't have to get routed through the main server in town now, so I've been supposed to input all of the new IP info in anyhow, so I figure now's as good of a time as any to do the switch seeing I'm getting nadda anyhow...right? Wrong. Got no connection with the new IP stuff either. 2 techs and a bunch of command prompts and unplugging the little white box thing and re-booting and nadda...so stuck on dial-up. Was gonna go out to the school all weekend and felt like crap (cramps...yadda, yadda) and tomorrow is eye dialation/examination day (don't ask...field of vision loss...yeah...right eye...the viewfinder one)...where was I? Oh yeah...HAD to go to school to get started. Didn't get there until 7pm, when the goal was like 3:30. Was there until 10:30. I'm wiped.

Soooooooooooooooo...short answer? I've never played pictionary and this...

w/o using words in the title nor just paraphrasing it

Made me go...HUH? (too lazy to go to PB. Picture Clay staring blankly at you) How the heck ya gonna do dat? We can't draw pictures in here! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just gonna stick with rewording the title cuz that's the only way this simpleton knows how, lol.

I'm gonna give it away...

Bodily fluid retains it's strength forever.

I say that I've only just gotten online to have a quick look and it's like 2:30am and my brain is fried, lol.

Today sucked. Needed to get to school to start getting things ready. I had a doctor's appointment at 1pm. Was gonna go after appointment and grabbing groceries. Got home. Got call from M/C. Found out that my credit card number of over 20yrs has been "compromised" and Amex Mastercard wouldn't give me any details re: whether it was online or local merchant cuz of some merchant privacy law and I had a hissy fit over that cuz I can rattle that sucker off and speed type it into any ticket optaining situation without even thinking about it. THEN I discover I have no high-speed. They've been gradually switching people over to a new upgrade...signal doesn't have to get routed through the main server in town now, so I've been supposed to input all of the new IP info in anyhow, so I figure now's as good of a time as any to do the switch seeing I'm getting nadda anyhow...right? Wrong. Got no connection with the new IP stuff either. 2 techs and a bunch of command prompts and unplugging the little white box thing and re-booting and nadda...so stuck on dial-up. Was gonna go out to the school all weekend and felt like crap (cramps...yadda, yadda) and tomorrow is eye dialation/examination day (don't ask...field of vision loss...yeah...right eye...the viewfinder one)...where was I? Oh yeah...HAD to go to school to get started. Didn't get there until 7pm, when the goal was like 3:30. Was there until 10:30. I'm wiped.

Soooooooooooooooo...short answer? I've never played pictionary and this...

w/o using words in the title nor just paraphrasing it

Made me go...HUH? (too lazy to go to PB. Picture Clay staring blankly at you) How the heck ya gonna do dat? We can't draw pictures in here! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just gonna stick with rewording the title cuz that's the only way this simpleton knows how, lol.

I'm gonna give it away...

Bodily fluid retains it's strength forever.

:thbighug-1: {{{canfly}}} what a day you had!!!

is it Blood Will Never Lose Its Power?

Yup. :dingding:

Still no internet. Lower right field of vision loss in right eye was presumably caused by my 15yrs with ulcerative colitus...same disease that causes your body to attack the lining of your intestines can damage optic nerves. I have 40% loss on the right. Gonna double check with a CT Scan to make sure nothing could be pressing on the optic nerve. I'm not too worried. No other symptoms. I had NO idea of this bizarre link. Bad news? It's permanent. Good news? I ain't gonna die and it's only the lower part and not quite half. Left eye takes over for most and with head/eye movement, it's not that noticible.

:starhugs:{{{canfly}}} Glad you're working around it but it was scary for a while...

Can't decide between these songs, so I have 2:

song1 - a requirement unquestionably unflinching unconventional one's superior

song2 - obey my darling take possession of over and over

I'm alright...just wiped from 2 PA Days and too many meetings and then trying to get the classroom ready. I gots a heady-achey. Got my high-speed again. First computer tech had given me the new IP, etc...numbers to plug in for the new tower radio and 2 were incorrect. Last dude got me hooked up and my new router too, so now I can be on the internet in more than one room! Yay!

I'm definitely to tired to look of song lists, so any playing I do will be if something "just comes to me"

All I got for #1 is Everything I Don't Need

I'm alright...just wiped from 2 PA Days and too many meetings and then trying to get the classroom ready. I gots a heady-achey. Got my high-speed again. First computer tech had given me the new IP, etc...numbers to plug in for the new tower radio and 2 were incorrect. Last dude got me hooked up and my new router too, so now I can be on the internet in more than one room! Yay!

I'm definitely to tired to look of song lists, so any playing I do will be if something "just comes to me"

All I got for #1 is Everything I Don't Need

canfly -- good to see you posting! I hope things are ok and that the Internet connection's back.

It isn't EIDN. These two are both of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" and "Louie, Louie" type.

Also, it's probably helpful to say that "my darling" and "my superior" represent the same word. I was just trying the variations that this word has in other languages, eg. Japanese where "my darling" is anata and "my superior" could be omaesan.

I'm not even gonna try to think....my head's spinning...well not literally.

Sparky's been sick for almost 2 weeks now it seems. One test revealed a large ovarian cyst....but she seemed to have more symptoms than could be attributed to that. Well, her doc's been away and hospital wait times in her province are like 20 hrs, so she didn't go...well she finally went...ruptured appendix with infection that's gotta be reduced before they can ever do surgery. I'm gonna try to see if I can get ahold of her hubby tomorrow. Might be hard. They don't have a cellphone. Sparky prefers smoke-signals, lol.

:sniff: (what's the code for the blue :sniff guy?)

I's worried. I know somebody else who's hubby just died due to complications post-op from appendix removal.

:bitenails:

Well, just looking at the Spoilered clue, without looking at the answers, I'd say I Survived You but doesn't go with this:

It isn't EIDN. These two are both of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" and "Louie, Louie" type.

Also, it's probably helpful to say that "my darling" and "my superior" represent the same word. I was just trying the variations that this word has in other languages, eg. Japanese where "my darling" is anata and "my superior" could be omaesan.

huh.png

We got a "flying over my head" emote?