#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Hey, gg and luckiest!!! Can I give you a hug right nere on the thread, just because? It's hard to reach you sometimes.

:starhugs:

ETA: ClayIzzaQT, I haven't contacted your friend yet because I'm working very late tonight but if you get to talk to her, please say it's a sure thing. Thanks for putting us in touch! :BlowKiss:

:starhugs: right back at you. It took me a minute to realize you meant actually reach as opposed to getting a hold of someone.

Sorry to hear you are working tonight SO extra :thbighug-1: to you.

Hey, gg and luckiest!!! Can I give you a hug right nere on the thread, just because? It's hard to reach you sometimes.

:starhugs:

ETA: ClayIzzaQT, I haven't contacted your friend yet because I'm working very late tonight but if you get to talk to her, please say it's a sure thing. Thanks for putting us in touch! :BlowKiss:

Thanks so much Scarlett. I sent her an email explaining that you had to work so she wouldn't worry. Backatcha! :BlowKiss:

ETA: Can someone tell this greenhorn why I have this extra stuff under my name over there <<<< like "home board"? I've tried to make it go away and it won't.

ClayIzzaQT, don't worry about those "extras." The only people who can see them are you and the mods/admins. We needed some of the information when you registered to make sure that you're not a "bot" or a major spammer.

I have been voting on this Ultimate World Idol poll every 20 minutes for days and have still not seen this pop up. I am so sleep deprived that I tried to turn the TV on with the phone and then could not figure out "why the remote was not working."

OK, hon...ya might wanna step baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack from the poll, lol. I'm just voting when I can. The day I set a timer to go off every 20 minutes to remind me to vote, you can shoot me, K?

I have been having fun voting. Even though these polls might not make any real difference, it might show that Clay still has a strong fan base and has not lost as many fans as a lot of people think.

:word:

I think that this poll has shown two things. One, what you just said. Clay hasn't lost as many fans as some people think. Two, that his fans can still band together for something...albeit not anything particularily profound this time.

I also ran across a Utube that has now been removed in which people voting for AL were calling Clay ugly.

That's mature. :rolleyes: I gotta say that I've been proud of 99% of the fans that I've seen voting for Clay. It's all been rooting for Clay and no bashing of the "opposition". From what I'm hearing, the same cannot be said in return. I fail to understand the need to bash another performer.

For those sick of hearing about the poll...

Gala's in a month! :woohoo:

From the CH:

Clay has a new picture on his personal facebook page as seen by anyone who is friends with Aron Hall on FB.

If anyone can make this picture bigger, I'd certainly appreciate it!

post-2192-1252892565_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the postho-ing. I forgot about the request for the larger pic.

Not much to work with in the way of resolution so it gets grainy if I take it much larger. Did anyone else get a load of the length of that thumb?

ETA: Thanks for the info, ldyjocelyn :hug:

From the CH:

Clay has a new picture on his personal facebook page as seen by anyone who is friends with Aron Hall on FB.

Not much to work with in the way of resolution so it gets grainy if I take it much larger. Did anyone else get a load of the length of that thumb?

I was so excited before I read the last word....

From the CH:

I was so excited before I read the last word....

choke.gif

You really can't enlarge a small picture to be big without losing resolution. Maybe if we're patient, a bigger size will appear...it usually does, lol.

I wonder where that picture was taken? Hard to believe that a sign like that could exist in the 21st century.

I thought that was just a flash of sarcasm about the puffy coat...

Speaking of, any Clay-clothes analysts able to tell if that is the same puffy coat he wore for the Thanksgiving Day Parade? It doesn't seem like he'd need many puffy coats.

I don't remember the trim on the Thanksgiving Day Parade Coat, nor the NYC coat. this is maybe a new one? I could be wrong though.

Where the heck is he that he would need to wear such a coat??

He is so cute ,though.

eta: and did he get his hair darkened and cut?

muskifest, I love your avi!

Thanks a bunch for the waves and hugs back, gg and ClayIzzaQT!!! It's not as bad to (still) be working late when I can swing by once in a while to see your posts and smileys! :hugs-1:

And thanks for the larger version, ClayIzzaQT!!! :claykiss:

ClayIzzaQT, don't worry about those "extras." The only people who can see them are you and the mods/admins. We needed some of the information when you registered to make sure that you're not a "bot" or a major spammer.

Spammers also like unused accounts because those have existing identities and sometimes passwords are easier to guess if the person has been on several board and has used the same password on all of them. Many IT groups recommend an annual access review, to clean out entries and free up space.

"I wonder where that picture was taken? Obviously a Southern State. Hard to believe."

I am from a Southern State and I find this statement very offensive. JMO

Apologies. I was just taken aback at the sign.

I do think that it's an older picture because of the darker hair and the wintery coat.

Well, I didn't even last a day without getting in trouble did I? :blush:

I took it out.

why I came:

th_twitterwallclayontop.jpg

It's good to see him in first place!!! Even if it's only ofr a short time.

First place? short? :hahaha:

I feel like I stumbled into the wrong board, like that girl who wanders into town in a zombie movie and starts interacting with people, then slowly realizes that something strange in going on and pretty soon needs to figure out quickly which ones are the 'good' zombies. I guess it would be easier nowadays since she could take a picture of each one with her cellphone and tag it, to avoid real-time frantic recall situations. Me? My motto would be, "Drive like a Cullen".

It's good to see him in first place!!! Even if it's only ofr a short time.

First place? short? :hahaha:

I feel like I stumbled into the wrong board, like that girl who wanders into town in a zombie movie and starts interacting with people, then slowly realizes that something strange in going on and pretty soon needs to figure out quickly which ones are the 'good' zombies. I guess it would be easier nowadays since she could take a picture of each one with her cellphone and tag it, to avoid real-time frantic recall situations. Me? My motto would be, "Drive like a Cullen".

Are you drunk, hon? :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

33 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From the CH:

I love that he's using pics like this now! :hysterical: He seems to like the funny ones, which perfectly suits his personality, so it's all good. :)

I'm pretty sure the pic was taken in the (now defunct) Virgin Megastore in Times Square....so it's at least 6 months old.

Voting :thumbsup:

:cryingwlaughter:

*waves*

ClayIzzaQT.......I for one am SHOCKED to read you are looking, gazing longingly, whatever, at that thumb! Methinks you are remembering a picture taken in 2204 or 2005 where that thumb was holding a sharpie. Surely not, surely you are maturing into a fine clean minded lady by 2009! Goes off to a private corner to contemplate thumbs and fingers - make that Clay thumbs and fingers!

It's pretty quiet in here, so I thought I'd post a link to a long profile of Neil Patrick Harris in New York Magazine. It's an interesting take, I think, on how NPH has come into his own as a gay man, and as an actor who is out in Hollywood - still a pretty rare thing. I shouldn't project too much, but I can't help wondering how much NPH's experiences along the way parallel Clay's. Neil talks about how his time onstage like this:

When the show was canceled in 1993, Harris went through a period of retreat. He made some lightweight but lucrative TV movies; then, at 25, he appeared in the L.A. company of Rent, an experience he found liberating. “This gypsy world of people who are just so appreciative of each other’s individuality!” Harris says, grinning at the memory, his arms held wide. “Where some people are super-gay and have girlfriends or boyfriends for twenty years, and others swing both ways—or are straight and have a wife but they’re okay with gay men giving them foot massages and don’t freak out. And you’re singing about that: no day but today, and there’s only us and there’s only this, and don’t regret.”

The audience became a mirror for his own struggles. “You can see young couples, old-guy couples, clutching each other, openly sobbing,” he tells me. “And you’re singing at them, to them, sobbing too. It’s very cathartic. And it certainly put to rest my weird personal concerns, because there’s a much bigger picture.”

We'll never know unless Clay tells us, but it makes me curious about how much his Spam Fam helped him with his process of coming out publicly.