#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

I know I haven't been a fan very long, but goodness! I can't believe that I can watch a video of Clay that I've seen many, many times before and still be a grinning fool at the end! I know all the jokes, I've heard the performance, and yet I'm still left with an ear-to-ear smile!

:flirtysmile3:

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

As my grandkids would say," only one more sleep". Then I'm winging my way to Raleigh.

Have you seem the weather report for Raleigh? Yikes I was so hoping it would be sunny and warm but it looks like rain and cold.

I packed 3 weeks ago to come to be with my mother in Ontario when the long range forecast was for sun. I knew there was likelihood that I'd might be leaving for Raleigh from Toronto instead of Vancouver and I am. So now I'll be wearing my Gortex rain jacket over my Gala dress...not the greatest look!

And I'm so excited about seeing Clay and being with friends and meeting fans that I hope I can manage to sleep tonite!

As my grandkids would say," only one more sleep". Then I'm winging my way to Raleigh.

Have you seem the weather report for Raleigh? Yikes I was so hoping it would be sunny and warm but it looks like rain and cold.

I packed 3 weeks ago to come to be with my mother in Ontario when the long range forecast was for sun. I knew there was likelihood that I'd might be leaving for Raleigh from Toronto instead of Vancouver and I am. So now I'll be wearing my Gortex rain jacket over my Gala dress...not the greatest look!

And I'm so excited about seeing Clay and being with friends and meeting fans that I hope I can manage to sleep tonite!

At my daughter's in Vermont, had trouble sleeping last night, but made up for it this morning. It's so exciting!!!! Can't wait to see Raleigh, clayfans and of course Clay!!!!

I wanna know more about this ClayAikenfan nursing home. Is it all Clay, 24 hours a day? How do I get in? Should I apply for membership now?

What I want to know is if Mr. Aiken provides the sponge baths himself :whistling-1:

tree checks for cellulite before commiting herself

OMG i can't believe I'm going to the Gala in 2 days.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have so much to do I don't know why I didn't start this stuff sooner!

I follow Stephen Fry on Twitter and that man has such a way with words. One of his Tweets today:

I should be whipped with scorpions for ever forgetting just how arse-pantingly gorgeous the English countryside can be.

Hm. Young, cute, male AI runner-up releases a pop first album and a Christmas follow-up. Wasn't that something Clay got soundly derided for? And now they're doing it to Archuleta... that makes sense. </sarcasm> Also... a Christmas album in mid-October? Is that a little early or is it just me?

Clay content: Clay Aiken has absolutely ruined anyone else singing Christmas music for me. :shrug: I listened to the samples of DA singing and on every one that Clay has also sung, I was thinking the entire time that it was man vs. boy. Clay's voice is just so much richer... more powerful... and then on the songs that DA sang that Clay hasn't, I just kept wondering how they would sound if he did record them! :laugh2:

Hm. Young, cute, male AI runner-up releases a pop first album and a Christmas follow-up. Wasn't that something Clay got soundly derided for? And now they're doing it to Archuleta... that makes sense. </sarcasm> Also... a Christmas album in mid-October? Is that a little early or is it just me?

Clay content: Clay Aiken has absolutely ruined anyone else singing Christmas music for me. :shrug: I listened to the samples of DA singing and on every one that Clay has also sung, I was thinking the entire time that it was man vs. boy. Clay's voice is just so much richer... more powerful... and then on the songs that DA sang that Clay hasn't, I just kept wondering how they would sound if he did record them! :laugh2:

Jordan Sparks who is on the same label as DA is also making a Christmas CD

Carrie Underwood is going to have a Christmas special

Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special" (working title) is set to premiere on Monday, December 7 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX with a rebroadcast also set for Tuesday, December 22 at 8:00/7:00c. The two-hour event will feature appearances by Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley and David Cook with additional performers to be announced.

Seems Clay was ahead of all of them!!

Update on the Christie Cookie contest

Updated: 10/13/2009 / 18:38 CST

1. National Inclusion Project Raleigh, NC 21347

2. Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Lenexa, KS 20062

3. Child Advocacy Center Murfreesboro, TN 19670

NIP is no longer in first place. For those that are voting with the emails, we need to step it up so NIP can win the $10,000. Here is the link. Cookie Contest ends at 11:59 PM central time, October 15,2009. That would be 9:59 Pacific time, 10:59, Mountain time, 12:59 Eastern time, 6:59 Hawaii. Only one more day left to vote! Lets try to win this money for NIP!

--------------------

Image15b.jpg

AGC_728x901a.jpg
p_up.gifp_report.gif
p_mq_add.gif

From CH:

The CH chat will be open on Saturday for anyone stuck at home during the gala. Click on this link and replace "meerkat" with your screenname. The chat is open to anyone regardless of what board(s) you belong to. I will post another reminder on Saturday.

I have posted this link at the CV as well - could someone take it to FCA....

If anyone talks to goldarngirl between now and tomorrow afternoon, please tell her to be sure and check my last PM--I gave her the wrong cellphone number. Ms. 21st century, that's me.

I'm here I noticed it, No problem I will check my PMs before I get in touch with you. Thanks for making sure though, appreciate it.

Thanks for the invite Quiet1ne.

So is all of FCA going to be at the gala? Trying to remain extremely happy for everyone and not at all jealous :lilredani: I'm doing fine on the first part :hahaha:

I am packed and ready to fly out in the morning. I will try to have twice the fun just for you. :04:

:GM_FCA:

Couchie I will be here...we can put on our jammies, have some snacks and have have our own little party.

2 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Ok now I am officially excited! Kandre called me last night at 10:30 and we ee'd together and yes since you asked it was good!

merrieeee goes of to work singing Tomorrow, tomorrow....and since you asked....that is not good!

I'll be thinking of those not at the Gala. I may need the SUV or a UHaul truck with all the stuff I'm getting together. I found quite a few dvds that I haven't ever watched from some of those fans with video cameras. I packed a few up in my dvd player case. Of course I need a dvd player as well as a computer.

I'm looking forward to some surprise things at the auction. Didn't Clay surprise us with the skating show? I'm willing to travel for another one of those.

ldyj, hope you saw Alton Brown's tenth anniversary show last night. It was pretty cute.

Have a wonderful day. I'm off to work but I may toss in a few votes for Christies before I leave.

Fear, I watched the Alton Brown show last Saturday night. Alton and Ted Allen together on the same stage -- I would have LOVED to have been at that show!

I can't believe I have only one more day of work before I leave for Raleigh! Work has been insane lately, and I feel like I'm in a fog, partially because of getting to see Clay, but also partially because some people at work have s**t for brains. Plus, hubby and I are in the middle of having contractors here to remodel our bathroom. The tub is in, the tile is partially in -- and they are supposed to finish today! HA! Of course, with me leaving tomorrow, I'm afraid I'll come back and find my husband has put all the stuff back in the bathroom in totally the wrong places! Yeah, I'm like Clay like that. LOL.

Almost forgot -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY "Measure of a Man!"