#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Time to leave for the airport! Woohoo! I'll be taking all my FCA friends with me, either in person or in spirit!

:04: :04: :04:

Do I have too? Ok it is a v necked striped sweater with a floral shirt under it. The video is in Black & White which maybe is a good thing!

I think this was the same outfit he wore in one of his Spamalot interview pieces. I recall a discussion when this first surfaced about how much better it looked in black&white than it did in color. Or maybe it was the other way around?? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm in the midst of family reunion and related matters, but WOO_HOO to all Gala Goers!

I love my family and extended cousins etc., but this weekend will necessitate a few "disappearing" acts on my part for Clay updates.

I'm so excited just to hear news and second-hand accounts and the prospect of CLACK, that I can't imagine what I'd be feeling to actually be going. I'll console myself with thoughts that my heart couldn't stand it, and that vicarious attendance is as much as I can physically stand.

But .... do I actually BELIEVE that? I'm trying.

MWAHH to everybody there and on the way -- safe travels and virtual hugs, y'all!

I know the feeling. I wish I was going to the Gala. :cry4: Too many things happening this year, plus I just got through fixing all the Ike damage that I had to pay for out of my own pocket. Maybe next year you and I can both go to Gala. Safe travels to every one going. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

merrieeee, the clothes don't bother me a bit ..... but that HAIR!!! Good Lord!!!

Is there a possibility that Clay has a disability whereby he can't raise his arm (the one that holds his comb) over his head? It's just about the only thing I can ever be critical of about him ... but most six-year olds can comb their hair, so maybe it's a shoulder problem?????

preden and i need some help. we are at the Sheraton and cannot connect to the internet either wireless or cable. Anyone else has this probem and has a solution?

preden and i need some help. we are at the Sheraton and cannot connect to the internet either wireless or cable. Anyone else has this probem and has a solution?

1) Call the front desk and make sure the internet is up, because I had the same problem when traveling once and it turned out to be the hotel's issue, not mine like I thought.

and if that's not it

2) Hit the lobby with your laptop and I'll bet you'll run into more than one Clay fan / techie that might be able to help you in person.

Good Luck!

I know the feeling. I wish I was going to the Gala. :cry4: Too many things happening this year, plus I just got through fixing all the Ike damage that I had to pay for out of my own pocket. Maybe next year you and I can both go to Gala. Safe travels to every one going. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Yes. I learned to despise insurance companies after Ike. Even after satisfying a rather large deductible, there was another $4,000 out of pocket and work remains to be done - I still have to have the chimney replaced, as the inner parts blew out. Have I mentioned that my opinion of Texas Windstorm is somewhere between Mafia protection schemes and Wall Street derivatives traders?

Yes to next year and the Gala. I would have loved going this year, but too many complications.

The UNICEF picture is thus via a screenshot ...

UNICEFClay.jpg

and I'm hoping that's just a head fake, and that when he shakes it out and doesn't shave for a couple of days he'll look something like this ...

thetonightshow20060915-08.jpg

Someone needs to talk to Clay about his clothing choices!

merrieeee.... I'll do it if you pay my way to the Gala... :cryingwlaughter:

Lotus....Also, make sure they turned it on for your room and/or gave the the proper code to use to log on. Some hotels have free internet, but you have to have a code they provide you every day.

Someone needs to talk to Clay about his clothing choices!

merrieeee.... I'll do it if you pay my way to the Gala... :cryingwlaughter:

Lotus....Also, make sure they turned it on for your room and/or gave the the proper code to use to log on. Some hotels have free internet, but you have to have a code they provide you every day.

I had this problem too -never could connect to wireless, but did connect hard-wired - it would NOT work with IE though - had to use Firefox.

Gah, Clay and his fashion choices. Good thing I love the man. I am VERY glad to see him doing something new with UNICEF though.

One more day!!!

We had 3 inches of snow yesterday. Crazy the leaves are just starting to change.

It's little warmer out tonight.

wishing eveyrone going to the Gala safe travels

looking forward to your recaps & watching Clack :)

Greetings from Raleigh! I'm sitting here in a Middle Eastern restaurant with Jmh and lilyshine, enjoying each other's company and talking about Clay! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My travels were uneventful...except for one thing. I flew from my home state to Atlanta, and then from Atlanta to Raleigh. So, I'm sitting on the plane, and who walks in, and seats himself way far away from me? Yup. Jerome. Frankly, I wasn't even sure it was him, because it's been almost a year since I'd seen him. But then, the three of us saw him at the airport, and it was confirmed. We were good people and didn't bother him. But I think we all internally "eeeeeeeeeeeee'd" at several points.

Anyway....not sure what tomorrow during the day will bring, but tomorrow evening? Sigh. My dweemy boyfriend.

A new twitpic via CV:

CoopersBBQ.jpg

It looks to be a picture of a framed photo of Clay with the staff of a restaurant - the poster thought it was Coopers BBQ.

To me, it looks like Clay is wearing the same outfit that he had on when he visited the cast of "Drift" last month, so I'm thinking it was taken the same day. Don't know, though.

Drift-Raleigh-090924.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions re not being able to get wireless at the Sheraton.

It seems that no one can and the only way to connect is through the ethernet cord which is a bit of a drag when there is more than one computer in the room. :rolleyes:

:GM_FCA:

Happy Gala Day!

44 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

107 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It's finally here. Have a great time all of you lucky people that are in Raleigh. Show Clay the love and bring back lots and lots of Clack. I hope the NIP raises more money than imaginable this year.

We have a sound check report:

Also from laughnoutloud(I pray that is the right name)

Soundcheck spoiler.

Posted with premission.

As long as we are here

Kim

Interesting tweet just now

From katyday My friend Erin just told me about taking her kids over for a playdate with Clay Aiken's kid like it was the most normal thing.

The tweeter is a pastor who is in Atlanta for a wedding???

Hi everyone,

Went to the CV dinner last night and discovered that canfly and justclay12 are really real. It was really jampacked. The volunteer meeting was very interesting. I feel like such a slacker though. There are some really active people there. The band? started playing and Aron shut the door to our boos. We were told that it was way too early for Clay to be there.

I better go get my ticket as they shut down at 2. By 12:15 there was a huge line even though ithey weren't starting until 12:30. I guess you just can't get that waiting in line out of the Clay Nation. I'll check in later. I did see FromClaygary today at the volunteer thing and claylove and georgie.

I'm in such a fog I probably got everyone's names backwards.