#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

*looks up in wonderment at my previous post*

Did I mention that the banner also seems to affect one's ability to appreciate the aesthetic value of white space and carriage returns? (not that it had anything to do with KAndre, that was all pre-Banner)

Couchie, about that firm (hee, I got to say it) -- let's call it AIK, Aiken Insurance for Klutzes.

Anything that puts 'firm' and 'Aiken' into the same sentence is a good thing.

:)

Scarlett, I'm worried about your Clack gathering capabilities for the upcoming Gala. Hon, I think you need to gradually increase your exposure to Clack and Clack byproducts each day leading up to the Gala, so by the time you get in the same room as the SOURCE OF ALL THE CLACKY GOODNESS, you will be in tip-top filming condition. It may be difficult, but we know you can do it.

CameraFtMyers.jpg184813538_M.jpg

Scarlett, I'm worried about your Clack gathering capabilities for the upcoming Gala. Hon, I think you need to gradually increase your exposure to Clack and Clack byproducts each day leading up to the Gala, so by the time you get in the same room as the SOURCE OF ALL THE CLACKY GOODNESS, you will be in tip-top filming condition. It may be difficult, but we know you can do it.

Hi bottle! Increasing exposure to Clack day by day until we get to the SOURCE OF ALL THE CLACKY GOODNESS?!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Like you say, it's going to be hard. But bring it on!!! It's for the team! :)

:Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: I wonder how much a "rendering session" with Clay would go for at a gala auction?

CameraFtMyers.jpg184813538_M.jpg

canfly (who ain't quite so discombobulated as Scarlett), just noticed something....Clay has one mis-matched button on the left sleeve of his jacket. Did we notice this previously, lol?

ETA: I wonder how much a "rendering session" with Clay would go for at a gala auction?

Ummmm...whatcha thinkin' 'bout rendering?

:whistling-1:

Oh my goodness!!! Like you say, it's going to be hard. But bring it on!!! It's for the team!

Ok where are our resident smutters?

I am so pure I couldn't possibly comment! :whistling-1:

:naughtywag:

It's just too bad the clack-gathering won't be hard for Clay. I like it when Clay finds things hard...

Well, I tried.

Don't know. Since I didn't win a share of the recent $335 million lottery prize, I've had to give up on my personal daydream of actually going to the Gala and winning a bidding war against Spooky for an article of Clay's clothing or whatnot.

$100,000 for the t-shirt off Clay's back! A necktie for 50 grand! Reed's services as a cabana boy for the day even though I don't have a pool!

Ahem. Not gonna happen, sadly. :(

Scarlett hon?

You're losin' it babe, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Yes, losing it bad!!!

ETA: Badly, I meant "badly"... it's the adverb that ends in -ly right? right?!! Aaargh!!!

Hi bottle! Increasing exposure to Clack day by day until we get to the SOURCE OF ALL THE CLACKY GOODNESS?!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Like you say, it's going to be hard. But bring it on!!! It's for the team! :)

:Iluvclaysbutt:

ROTFLOL!! I had to quote you, Scarlett, cuz you're just too funny. I love ya, hun! And I agree about that picture of Clay making me POIM:SL)(UOM@?<#MN:LIUP)S&)(IH:KL!!!!!!

And I WILL be happy to take one for the team, with it being hard, and all. LOL!!

It's just too bad the clack-gathering won't be hard for Clay. I like it when Clay finds things hard...

Well, I tried.

:groan:

Don't know. Since I didn't win a share of the recent $335 million lottery prize, I've had to give up on my personal daydream of actually going to the Gala and winning a bidding war against Spooky for an article of Clay's clothing or whatnot.

$100,000 for the t-shirt off Clay's back! A necktie for 50 grand! Reed's services as a cabana boy for the day even though I don't have a pool!

Ahem. Not gonna happen, sadly. :(

:therethere:

Well, I tried.

I like it when I find hard Clay things.

And that is how it's done Clayzy!

Note: "I" doing the finding vs "Clay" doing the finding. :hysterical:

Scarlett hon?

You're losin' it babe, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Yes, losing it bad!!!

ETA: Badly, I meant "badly"... it's the adverb that ends in -ly right? right?!! Aaargh!!!

Yes, hon. Badly. :therethere:

Here. Look at these for a bit. Maybe Name That Tune will start to make some sort of sense.

clickie twice

th_Deccacroplightened.jpg

th_Deccacrop.jpg

clickie twice...iz big. By Cotton:

th_DeccaClayCroplarge.jpg

Well, I tried.

I like it when I find hard Clay things.

And that is how it's done Clayzy!

Note: "I" doing the finding vs "Clay" doing the finding. :hysterical:

I have been duly schooled. :)

Then again, I do have a disclaimer.

|

|

V

Well here's my new babee and guess what I finally told my DH I'd bought it! :cryingwlaughter:

post-292-1251590067_thumb.jpg

Well I'm back.......had to go for a little ride!

OMG I plugged my iPod in the USB Port and I told the car to play Clay Aiken and it wanted to know which song so I said OMWH of course.

Freaking unreal!

congrats!:) on your new car. Sounds fancy.

Luckiest1at least you have cook one. My son from Florida called me last year and wanted to know how to cook a rack of lamb. Someone had given it to him. He doesn't cook much but had made a turkey on Thanksgiving and a ham at Christmas. My answer was I do not know, I had never cooked lamb. I told him to go google it. He made it and said it was great. Now I can say at least you can cook something your mother can't.

Hee, well thanks to Jamie Oliver I know how. ;) I've been cooking recipes from a couple of his cookbooks, and yesterday I even started a blog about it, more a record for myself than anything else. Kind of a diary of my cooking escapades, if you will. Hee. I'm having fun.

nice blog. Should we expect a movie version of Luckiest & Jamie ?

Then again, I do have a disclaimer.

|

|

V

--------------------

Bad smutter, but not for lack of trying.

Keep tryin'. One day, maybe you'll be able to spar with the goddess of musk.

:naughtywag:

Just diddling around the internet tonight I googled David Novik and found this at Songwriter's Circle:

David is from the UK originally and has been in our business discovering and working with amazing talent for many years. He actually thinks that the present "down market" has been a good thing for labels as it is getting them back to what they forgot how to do and that is sign great talent and truly develop them and stick with them.

He had a lot to say about the importance of touring and self promotion today but all in all, if he found an unknown artist, who had not really toured a lot but was still an outstanding talent, he would sign them. He has a lot of wonderful stories on the video blog which will be up in a day or so after I write this. It was a pleasure interviewing him and it is clear he still loves what he does and believes that great content will always be what lasts and what is needed.

That got me to You Tube to search for the video blog, and I thought it was fascinating. I'm probably two days late and ten bucks short on this information, but just in case anyone hasn't seen it, here's Part II, and Part I is also available and about his background, which is VERY interesting as well.

My favorite quote in the category of "Finally, someone from inside the record industry said it."

Part of the biggest problem we face as a business is that we didn't pay attention to the content as much as we should have. I think that's one of the reasons we're in this mess.

*waves* :hello: to Kareneh, down there at the bottom of the screen! How's Denmark?

Way behind again as usual!!

:hello: to Annabear - it seems my Julie/Julia obsession has inspired her to cook - so we both spent a good deal of the day in our respective kitchens!

I made Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon and anna made Roast Chicken.

Here's the recipe, a downloadable pdf scanned from Julia's cookbook. I followed it pretty closely and there were a lot of steps! Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon - well DANG! it won't let me post the link! I get an error message: "You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to" - what's that about?? Well - if you just google it you'll find it, it's on the publisher's website, "Knopf."

It isn't a recipe for anyone in a hurry, and luckily I didn't make any other plans today! I started at 3 PM and finally got it in the oven about 4:20! Then I sat and nursed my burned thumb, since I forgot that a pot coming out of a 450º oven would be really hot. You're supposed to saute the beef, add flour and then put in the oven for 8 minutes, before adding the wine and beef stock and simmering on the stove. Oh well, I did the Julia Child thing and poured myself a glass of wine while nursing the thumb with a bag of ice. As Julia says, "You're alone in the kitchen, and who's to know!"

Anyway, it was all done by 7:00 and it was delicious. I also made the Braised onions (peeling about 20 pearl onions!) and sauteed mushrooms, which on their own are quite tasty!

bonappetite1.jpg

On Topic - who is that gorgeous guy in that sexy banner up there? Where have I seen him before?? :cryingwlaughter::Iluvclaysbutt:

Has this been posted?

http://www.sohood.com/crib/2009/08/28/comi...-rock-season-3/

Coming to DVD 30 Rock: Season 3 Sept 22!

By: So Hood Magazine August 28, 2009, 8:27 pm OVERVIEW:

Enjoy all 22 acclaimed episodes of the complete third season of Primetime Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award-winning comedy “30 Rock.” Season 3 was recently nominated for 22 Primetime Emmys® (the most ever for a comedy series) including Best Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Alec Baldwin), Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Tina Fey), Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Tracy Morgan and Jack McBrayer) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Jane Krakowski).

SYNOPSIS:

“30 Rock” stars Primetime Emmy®, Golden Globe® and SAG Award winner (and show creator) Tina Fey as Liz Lemon, show runner of the fictional variety series “TGS with Tracy Jordan;” Primetime Emmy®, Golden Globe® and SAG Award-winner Alec Baldwin as network executive Jack Donaghy; and Tracy Morgan as the unpredictable star of Lemon’s hit variety show, “TGS with Tracy Jordan.” Lemon constantly has her hands full juggling corporate interference from Donaghy and off-the-handle star antics from Jordan, all while attempting to salvage her own personal life.

Also rounding out the cast are Jane Krakowski as “TGS” co-star Jenna Maroney; Scott Adsit as the variety show’s producer Pete Hornberger; Jack McBrayer as the over-eager and effortlessly endearing NBC page; Judah Friedlander as sardonic slacker and staff writer Frank; Katrina Bowden as Lemon’s young, flighty assistant Cerie; and Keith Powell as sophisticated, sarcastic, Harvard-alum writer Toofer.

Throughout the seasons, “30 Rock” has welcomed an impressive array of guest stars. Season 3 features memorable appearances by Megan Mullally, Jennifer Aniston, Oprah Winfrey, Steve Martin, Salma Hayek, Jon Hamm, Clay Aiken, Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Elvis Costello, Adam Levine, Steve Buscemi, Elaine Stritch and Alan Alda.

BONUS FEATURES:

· Deleted Scenes

· Commentary: Features audio commentary by Tina Fey, Jon Hamm, Alan Alda, Jack McBrayer, Jane Krakowski and more.

· Behind-The-Scenes With The Muppets

· 1-900-OKFACE

· Season Finale Table Read

· Making Of: “He Needs A Kidney”

· Photo Gallery

Polls if you like voting for Clay:

You can vote once every 20 min. Click on the plus sign on Clay's avatar.

The site made up Twitter pages for those celebs, who don't have one, with a link to their respective fan club.

http://tweeterwall.mallplace.com/tw/worldwide/world-idol

Hilarious...HOW out of date is their info, lol? :hysterical:

You vote by sliding the slider...goes up to 9.9

http://ca.askmen.com/celebs/men/entertainm...clay_aiken.html

Best fashion sense, lol? :cryingwlaughter:

http://www.mensfashiondeals.com/

:GM_FCA:

47 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We're down to our last FOUR sets of pictures in the photo tourney. I'm so glad everyone is having a blast choosing, and I have to admit, yesterday's winner is one of my favorites, one that I hope goes.all.the.way!

20061121-028-AMARedCarpet.jpg

Here is today's photo tourney poll! Have a great week everyone!