August 2 JBT Atlanta, GA

Ansamcw

How is it that I'm not sick of Invisible yet.

Its really weird but I'm not sick of it yet...yes I would like newer material but its a good thing I like invisible so much since I think we will be hearing it for years...

eta: yup love footloose too!

I didn't know anyone else knew that Kevin Bacon was on Guiding Light. Takes, me back. Yep, I've been a fan that long & he was the first person I thought of when I saw Clay sing Somewhere Out There on AI. He looked so much like Kevin Bacon during his Footloose days. OK, I admit it, I swooned just a bit, even before he opened his mouth and let that glorious voice out. :)

I guess I'l put this here...

So...I am back from the Atlanta concert!

It is good fun, and I must say the GA contingents is one of the saner and nicer groups of people. I got there really early ..like around 4pm because I did not get a parking pass and knew that if I did not get there early..there would be no getting parking. Also because after 4pm traffic in Atlanta is horrendeous (4-8) you might as well stay home. There is no such thing as good traffic in Atlanta...just varying degrees of bad.

So no Clay concerts is complete without something going wrong..so the sole of my sandle fell off! I have not worn that shoe in years..I guess the dust ate away atthe glue or something. But.the next one fell off too...lol..how embarassing. I walked around all night ...on rocks---wit ha thin peace of rubber between me and the groud. But it looked like really flat ...flats. Now I have to crazy glue that shoe back together.

Around 5pm a car pulled up carrying like 4 CH members and their friends and "saved me from the GA Claymates". So I hopped in with them and hung out till the concert ..it was musicmama, her firend who harldy posts..GBB...and her friend. GBB and Musicmama upgraded and their table and were like right in front of the stage..if Clay sweated a lot and moved the right way...his sweat would hit them in the eye...that's how close they were...lol..lucky bastards. I asked if they could smuggle me up there...but no go.

The rest of the night I sat with Misfit toys fro mthe CH and EzProc and her family. Eating their food and drinking their wine...it was fun. The show was fabulous and Clay was his cute self. He even danced! On beat! Like he felt it! I was very proud..LOL. He cracked jokes on people like he always does. When Angie could not remember any 70's song he told her he was good at singing but nothing else...lol...but then he said..he did not remember any either. I love his talking almost as much as his singing. Very snarky. *g* You guys know all the highlights by now...Quiana...fabulous..she got standing O. Angie was great on her solos too..Clay must really love her because she got to sing a lot...I don't approve *g*. Everything was good entertainment and meant to be fun.

The venue was about 8-10 thousand people full and not all of them were Clay fans...some people come to every Chastain concert to sit with friends and eat out of their picnic baskets..and come late and annoy everyone by standing up and fiddling for 15 minutes with your food and seating arrangements while their big hair blocked WDC grindage *g* A group of them sat in front of us...they kept giving each other WTF looks throughout the night whenever Clay did something cute or weird (his nohting good came out of the 70's remark got one of those)...lol But the crowd was very mixed..I think Atlanta is like a young crowd because the amount of tweens and teen I saw was amazing. GBB told me that she sometimes buys into the myth that all Clay fans are like 50....but tonight she felt better seeing all the pertty young things there. There was even one young girl about 13 jumping up and down all night next to me wearing a Mrs Aiken T-shirt..it's cute when she does that...not so much when a 60 year old does it..lol. She annoyed the kids behind her though (20's or so)..because they yelled at her several time to "SIT DOWN!!"

But I have talked too much. I meet Roseviolet there..she walked up to me and asked what I screen name was at first I'm like..okay who is this and why does she want to know my screename..for all I know it could have be some poster I have had an "altercation" with trying to start something...lol...but it's wasn't. I have met so many people..that I forget who what where and when. The last 2 years or so has been one big fangilry blur. But it was great meeting her....hopefully next time we can sit down and chat longer. We need like a CH diner or something the next concert we are all at....this was the first concerts I went to that we didn't have one.

Enough of this talking . It was fun.

Reposted for Jaynenashville:

We gave Jerome the red guitar from the TENNESSEE LOVES CLAY fan Group and the children's story about The Magic of the Red Guitar.

Jerome says  "Clay doesn't play the Guitar and I said That's okay, I said he can send the story and Guitar to Camp and then then someone else said he can always sign it and use it at the next auction and I said that's a great idea.  I just hope Clay got a kick out of it.

I also included 4 pins and gave one to Quiana who was standing with Jerome's adorable daughter.  Talked to Quiana a little before the concert.  She is awesome!  She

brought the house down or should I say up with "I Will Always Love You".  Clay has got the moves. I mean it!!  Very impressive, can't wait for Columbus.

That sound so cool. I'm sure Clay will love the children story that goes with the pin!!

I do miss Jerome. I hope he can attend more concerts.

Quiana does such a good job on that song.