#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I am so sorry to hear about Ashes/Joan. I wish I had gotten to know her.

Its funny to see all the answers to that Rudolph song question. When I was growing up we said "like Lincoln!"

georgiesmybaby, I hope you got my text yesterday and that you had a wonderful birthday! Really missed not being able to celebrate with you in person this year. I could not ask for a better friend than you (((georgiesmybaby))) Happy Birthday, again :-)

Its funny to see all the answers to that Rudolph song question. When I was growing up we said "like Lincoln!"

claylove, yes, it's fun to see all these answers. Thanks for responding too, jamar!

:offtobed:

(strange, I know)

Caro, thanks for getting to my friend request so quickly!

Can someone tell me why exactly I'm at work today? We've had NO one come in, and only one phone call. But yet, there's 6 staff members and 5 student workers here. Of course, none of us feel like doing anything. So...why am I here? 'Cause they won't let us off without taking vacation time!

I want to say how very saddened I am to hear of Claysmelody's death. It's such a shock. If anyone was close enough to her to know family please let them know she will be missed. I want to say that it touched me that her son knew how important her Clay family was to her that he reached out to try and let them know. I also want to say how in awe of all the bloggers who can just keep posting away about Clay even though things haven't been that active. That takes real dedication.

To the birthday girls from yesterday... I hope you had a good one.

I'm heading out for my one and only day of Xmas shopping. Happy Wednesday!

Hello, FCA! :friends:

I apologize for not reading, but I wanted you to know that the blog about Ashes/Claysmelody is up at Carolina On My Mind. Aspiegirl's montage to "Because You Loved Me" is beautiful and features many of Joan's graphics. There is also a clickable interlude.

This is the second blog I have written like this in six months. We learned with xxx4clay that family members could come to the blog and read comments by online friends. Please add your thoughts to the Carolina blog. Hopefully, we will be in touch with Joan's son again. Plus there is a second son, I believe. :)

There is also information for friends who would like to donate to the National Inclusion Project in her memory. Thank you for your assistance -- I quoted some of you. :) Also, you are welcome to post about the blog on any board, Facebook page, OFC thread, etc. Ashes/Claysmelody had a lot of fans and friends in the CA fandom. :wub:

Have a great day -- she would want that! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Can someone tell me why exactly I'm at work today? We've had NO one come in, and only one phone call. But yet, there's 6 staff members and 5 student workers here. Of course, none of us feel like doing anything. So...why am I here? 'Cause they won't let us off without taking vacation time!

I've been wondering the same thing all afternoon...we have a skeleton staff...I am in the back by myself...we are getting rain/sleet/ice and no one is here...had my hubby drive me because I don't like driving in ice so just waiting for him to get here. It has been a very long afternoon.

Kim

Merry Christmas Adam (TMClay, circa this day in 2004, Detroit, MI) everyone! I can't believe it's been five years since I sat and listened to Clay talk about Christmas Adam in a beautiful venue in a not-so-beautiful part of Detroit. It truly does seem like yesterday. I miss him so much.

hohohoclay.gif

Christmas2.gif

Cindilu2 I was also there and it was wonderful even if I was in the balcony. This was my first Clay concert and I could not take my eyes off of him. There were two young ladies across from me and when Clay came off the stage and sang WAYDNYE and kiss the girl, they turned around and said"Thas not fair." The joy on their faces was fun to watch.

From Openly Clay:

Tweet from a few minutes ago:

dickhodgin: been working with clay aiken the last couple of days....man, that guy can sing.. !!

5 minutes ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

...and Dick works here...

http://www.osceolastudios.com/flash/index_flash.html

on Boylan Ave, in Raleigh.

:D

:GM_FCA:

Merry Christmas to all who dwell here!

Early for me but I have so much to do today and worrying about the weather; ice out there and I hate driving in ice but I have to get to the grocery store otherwise we won't be having any Christmas Eve dinner...it is supposed to get above freezing and then just rain...so I may have to wait a while. I really hate winter.

38 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:claybow:Merry Christmas Eve FCA! :claybow:

Last day to shop, last day of WFI, last day of mailing things too late, no more work for the week. Time to wrap our gifts, prepare meals, go to church for some. For me, I'm just going to relax for a few hours after I get home . I may just heat up some chicken soup for dinner or let my husband cook.

Thanks to georgiesmybaby for all her hard work in making WFI happen in our area. We may have had a few frustrating moments as well as some really good laughs but overall it has been a pleasure wrapping and meeting new people who are interested in learning about the foundation. The people who wrap with our group are just a joy to deal with. We have new people join in each year who are so nice but it is the ones we see year after year that I look forward to seeing each year. Last night a man who had five gifts for me to wrap, after discussing the goals of the foundation, started telling jokes and I told him a few. It was just a relaxing time. I don't have any great heartwarming stories to tell, but I am happy to be part of the public face, at least temporarily for a foundation with great ideals.

timetraveler, I loved that show where Clay sang to the military family and gave them a car. It was sweet in a corny sort of way. The picture of Clay in the pink shirt was from it.

Have a fantastic day.

From Openly Clay:

dickhodgin: been working with clay aiken the last couple of days....man, that guy can sing.. !!

This morning a friend in Raleigh told me that Dick Hodgin is the one who did LWLHD with Clay.

From Openly Clay:

This morning a friend in Raleigh told me that Dick Hodgin is the one who did LWLHD with Clay.

That would be wonderful if it is true. I love the demo CDs so much. I hope Clay will share some more CD info with us over the holidays. If you can believe all the tweets, he's really been making the rounds of the recording studios in different states and even countries!

Safe travels to everyone over the next few days! Hopefully we will manage to get out of town without any weather related problems today. Not supposed to start raining and snowing until tomorrow morning here. I was a busy bee last night and this morning, getting everything prepared and packed up to take to my mother's place this evening. We will be spending Christmas with her, and then I will be hanging out in Toronto for a couple of days afterwards as well. I am working today but then don't have to be back until Tuesday, yay!

BTW, a quick job update.....I think things are in the works....VP stopped by yesterday to tell me not to panic, he is waiting on HR. So that sounds promising :)

Merry Christmas (Eve) With Love to all!!!

Wow, if Dick Hodgin did LWLHD we need to send him something for years and years of enjoyment. I love those demos!!!

:04:

Thanks for the pretty pictures :thankyou: and stay safe, everyone!!! :BlowKiss:

Hugs to all who are travelling... :thbighug-1:

:GM_FCA:

ETA: since he's in Christmas green, it would be nice to add this too... :claykiss:

:snoopy: I absolutely loved that demo! It really featured his vocals and he sounded fantastic! :wub:

:hugs-1: and MERRY CHRISTMAS ~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS To all!!

For MCWL and at least one of the other subsequent albums, he went to Osceola to do final fixes on stuff that was recorded elsewhere, so I think maybe that might be what he's doing there now. Post-production editing is one of their specialties advertised on their site. If the album is coming out early next year, it must be nearly finished by now. I do think LWLHD sounded better than a lot of his major label stuff, so I'm happy he's working with them, doing whatever he's doing.

Cheezes, I think hell may have actually frozen over. I was looking through the 'best of the decade' photo galleries on TWoP and nearly choked on my diet coke when I came to this one.

post-496-1261687948_thumb.jpg

He has another mention in the one about Tyra's ANTM moments, in which they questioned the oddity of him giving 'acting lessons' to the girls, and though it's a little snarky it's still not typical TWoP nastiness. Yep, I believe they're having snowball fights in hell tonight!