#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I added a new member to my family this weekend. :puppykiss: This is Gnocchi's new little brother, Shubert...

th_Shubert1-1.jpg th_gnocchishub1.jpg th_shubert3.jpg

He's an 18 week old Bichon Frise/Yorkie mix, rescued :snoopy: by local volunteer organization (HART) from a puppy mill. :grrrr:

What a cutie!!!!

aikim, I too love to hear those stories. They don't bore me at all! It makes me glad to hear stories like these, for that helps me know that the Project can make a difference!

luckiest1, I hope you get an early Christmas present with notification that you got the job!

annabear, Shubert is ADORABLE!

My handbell choir played for the final time in 2009 this morning. Now we've got a three week break before we start again. In the meantime, I have to get a bell solo ready for Christmas Eve!

Wow! cindilu2, that is really cool!! "I believe" as well :wub:

kim, I love the WFI stories! I actually think the name change of the foundation was a good idea now. I had doubts before but no longer.

annabear, Gnocchi and Shubert are adorable!

So is this fella -

Thanks, treenuts. And I was remiss also in not saying thank you to aikim for the WFI stories. They really are great and I enjoy reading them. I hate (for meeeeeee) that Clay's name isn't part of it any more, but I am very glad to know that the change was a positive one for the foundation. May it always be so!

:GA_FCA:

Yesterday I began collecting WFI stories posted on three boards. I have been trying to edit these heartening stories down for the next Carolina blog, but it's hard to leave anything out.

kim, I love the WFI stories! I actually think the name change of the foundation was a good idea now. I had doubts before but no longer.

Tree, just about every person wrote how much the name change has helped convey the Project's purpose and start a conversation. Btw, thnx for visiting the recital/grandkids entry. :)

Haven't made a graphic (that wasn't a calendar) for a while now, but I got this phrase in my head this morning and it just wouldn't go away!

I believe it. Bring on 2010!!!

th_shadows.jpg

(clickable)

Awesome, cindilu2! :clap: :clap:

2010 -- Bring It On! :04:

Have a great afternoon, all! :banana:

Caro2.gif

Aikim, I love all the WFI stories! In addition to the comments already said, I really think they help fuel the volunteers enthusiasm! I have a short WFI story I'd like to share.

On Friday afternoon I had two volunteers scheduled for Borders. The change from one shift to the next happened when I was still at work. Unfortunately, one of the scheduled volunteers did not show up. My other volunteer, Marissa, is hearing impaired and primarily communicates using sign language. I just want to share how very proud I am of her. When the other volunteer did not show up she did not panic. She did not even text me. Instead she had a friend of hers, who is also hearing impared but hears a very small amount and does speak, come help her and translate some. I know this is "technically" against the WFI rules because he had not signed a waiver BUT in this instance I think it was very resourceful of her. The two of them worked the 4-hour shift on their own and communicated quite a bit with the public by writing things down back and forth, pointing at things, etc. At first I felt really horrible that Marissa had been left alone. Not because she was hearing impared but because I don't ever want any volunteer to feel they have been abandoned to work alone. But after I thought about it, I realized all was well. Marissa and her friend may not have been able to desciribe in audiable words what the National Inclusion Project does, but they represented the mission of full inclusion beautifully and they did an awesome job! I am so thankful to have Marissa as a volunteer and I hope her friend will join us officially next year.

Luckiest1, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I did not know her but she sounds like a wonderful person.

Preden, Glad your daughter is OK!

annabear, Shubert is so cute :-)

Can't wait for 2010, cause 2009 is crap!

:hug:

claylove what a wonderful story!! Especially this part:

I realized all was well. Marissa and her friend may not have been able to desciribe in audiable words what the National Inclusion Project does, but they represented the mission of full inclusion beautifully and they did an awesome job
:clap:

Wow! cindilu2, that is really cool!! "I believe" as well :wub:

annabear, Gnocchi and Shubert are adorable!

So is this fella -

Well treenuts just said it all for me, so I'll just yeahthat.gif

:GE_FCA:

A few minutes ago I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog devoted to Wrapping for Inclusion info and experiences. I have one clickable photo from Rcknrllmom's Iowa station, but most of the divider graphics are older creations by AmazingCA and Clayquebec1. The lead graphic is cindilu2's latest. I had to work like crazy to tie this in, Cindy! :)

cind_best2a.jpg

Graphic by cindilu2

Many thnx to playbiller, aikim, rcknrllmom, Rhode Island Fan, cablegirl, and SueRue for letting me quote them. Claylove, I see you posted while I was working on the blog. I hope people will share more WFI experiences in the comments.

The report from the 2010 calendar created by Rosa Shurtz is also in this blog. She sent Aron a check for $648.52, as well as everyone's name/address who donated! Now that's some bookkeeping! :whistling-1:

Thank you for your support of the blogs. Wacky Google picked this one up before I could even ping it. Maybe that's a good sign. :)

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro2.gif

From BONILEE a CV:

EEE! I just talked to Rubenin the store today. He was behind me in line. I told him I heard that he was going to be touring with Clay this year. He smiled and said he couldn't say. Then I said hypothetically if there was to be a tour when would it be? He smiled and said,"This summer, if it were true" I asked him why did everything always have to be a secret and he said, with me? I said, no, with Clay. He started to say something when the check out girl took his money and was taking care of his change, so he never got to answer. We left and he was parked next to us in the parking lot. We were both putting our things in the car and I told him I tried his vodka pasta dish, and it was very good. He said oh, so you are on my site, and I said yes. He seemed to like that. He said, "Yeah, that Clay, he really loves that vodka sauce!" He said he had never had it til Clay told him how great it was. He said Clay raves about it.

He is such a sweet, kind, soul. I really like him a lot. I can see why he and Clay are such good friends. He looks very good. Lost a good amount of weight.

Ruben,Ruben, Ruben please don't jinx a tour. Certain people could get angry and cancel any preparations for one if the desired effect is not achieved. Although a certain person could be perverse enough to enjoy the assumptions a certain fandom would make. I'm sure that person doesn't want another Kim Locke fiasco.

I'm hoping that this time ths fans are calm enough that they can decide whether to go or not to go and it will not be the end of the world as we know it. It's just exciting to have another tour to look forward to.

I'm about ready to do a little more shopping this morning before I head out to wrap again today. My body is about to give out as exercise has been the last thing on my prioirity list. Last night a bakery at the mall dropped off seven sugar cakes for us, enough for us a few more for today's group. Awfully nice of them.

Have a great day. :snoopy:

:GM_FCA:

Claylove Wonderful story! We have had people fill in from time to time who are not official volunteers, but sometimes it cannot be helped. I finished my last day yesterday, but our group we will be working 4 days this week...unfortunately, with work, I will not be able to help out. But I enjoyed the time I did work. We had a lot of Dad's with kids last night shopping for Mom, so cute and they were so thrilled to have us wrap for them. Have to say, the men have bee much more generous than the women.

Personally, I wish fans would quit pumping Ruben for information and I wish Ruben had never said anything...I just wish for once Clay would be able to surprise us with something.

41 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating.

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hi! I could use some help because there's a lot of things I should be rendering this week, including some very long-overdue ones for gg, nicki and cf.

Would greatly appreciate a gentle reminder or if really necessary the boot -- unless I swear that I'm waiting on some files that are running. :) Thanks! :BlowKiss:

ETA: And still feeling envious about those who are doing WFI -- love your stories, though! Please keep them coming!!!

Hi! I could use some help because there's a lot of things I should be rendering this week, including some very long-overdue ones for gg, nicki and cf.

Would greatly appreciate a gentle reminder or if really necessary the boot -- unless I swear that I'm waiting on some files that are running. :) Thanks! :BlowKiss:

ETA: And still feeling envious about those who are doing WFI -- love your stories, though! Please keep them coming!!!

Hmmm sooo are you waiting on files that are running? Or is it time to boot you?????

Hmmm sooo are you waiting on files that are running? Or is it time to boot you?????

I'm just trying to get set up, I swear! And I think I need to bounce my computer because the refresh is so slow I didn't even see you there!!!

Thanks for checking! :claykiss:

I went to the Salvation Army this afternoon with bags of toys, and there was a line of families standing in the rain waiting to get inside. The people were coming out with bags of food and the kids with toys. Those kids looked so happy with their toys--one or two little things.

So many people have so little. It's a hard time to be poor.

On that cheerful note, I'm all ready for Christmas!

Tell me about it wandacleo. I have my nephew telling me he wants I Touch Ipods and Nike shoes for Xmas and I'm telling him to tell his rich auntie. The one thing this year has taught me is how to get along with things I don't need and even with all my issues there are peopel worse off than me. I saw a pretty well dressed man, with a sign asking for help with a job. It also said he was a father of 4. I looked in that man's face and saw something I can't quite explain -- maybe a mix of shame and pride? He didn't want to be out there but he was desperate. My Xmas list has 4 kids on it. I bought my mom a plane ticket to visit my brother after Xmas and for New Years. For once I was thankful for spam and caght a fantastic Orbitz special. And that's really a present for me too heee. I'm done. And I'm fine with it.The adults I usually buy gifts for will just have to understand.

:GE_FCA:

Sending you whichever boost you need, Scarlett! :)

Just want y'all to know I added claylove's WFI story to the Carolina blog. I love that the last paragraph personifies the National Inclusion Project:

The volunteer and her friend may not have been able to describe in audible words what the National Inclusion Project does, but they represented the mission of full inclusion beautifully. They did a fantastic job, and I hope both will join us again next year.

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro2.gif