#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Happy Birthday georgiesmybaby and spikesmom

:happybirthday01::ole0: :hb2: :cake::bloomingflowers::claybow::nanas::happybirthday01:

I hope you both have wonderful days!

Not really sure it's georgies' birthday today but what the heck, we are celebrating it tonight after WIF. I'm old, lucky I remember where to go in the morning. Ooops, off to work.

I have some sad news. A friend of mine, who mainly lurked here, sassafras, passed away on November 10. I received an email today from her son. He included a link to a wonderful montage he created of his mom, from her early years right up to the present. Those in Raleigh may remember Cynthia from parties and get togethers. She was a good friend and loved Clay very much. She opened her home to me, my family and friends over the years and I will miss her very much. I am so glad that we had the chance to spend some time with her in October, when we were in town for the gala.

Tribute to Cynthia

Luckiest, I mainly lurk here on FCA but wanted to tell you I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I just watched the montage her son created and you could tell from it that Cynthia had a full, wonderful, very happy life.

:GA_FCA:

The National Inclusion Project has asked that WFI stories be shared on the foundation's Facebook page. This is awesome! Lots of folks have read the ones at the the Carolina blog site. Thnx to those who shared their experiences there. :wub:

Facebook will reach even more, including Clay! :04:

th_hbanimationsnag.gif to georgiesmybaby and spikesmom!

Safe travels to those hitting the holiday trail! Have a great week, all! :yahoo:

Caro2.gif

I'm stealing this from Scarlett becasue it's too cool to pass up! :)

HBD georgiesmybaby and spikesmom!!!

:birthday9:

And this is very cool as well!

The National Inclusion Project has asked that WFI stories be shared on the foundation's Facebook page. This is awesome! Lots of folks have read the ones at the the Carolina blog site. Thnx to those who shared their experiences there.
I love these stories! They are a warm and welcomed reminder of one of the biggest reasons I love this man and this fandom so much :wub:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!! It's not the greatest day weather-wise (rainy/snowy) but I won't complain because I could live on the East coast! Yikes!

Having a good day - lunch with the girls at work and some really nice presents from them. They're extra special people and I'm lucky to work with a group of really nice ladies. :snoopy:

Happy Birthday to georgiesmybaby!!

I received my NIP flash drive today. It was a thank you from the Gala.

It came postage due!

lily.... BWAH!!! Look at it as an additional donation!

:GM_FCA:

Another WFI story...hope I am not boring people...end of the evening last night, we were getting ready to close up...when a lady stopped by to have some gifts wrapped...as we are wrapping we are telling her about the Project. She is very interested and then becomes quite emotional telling us about her brother with special needs and how much the Project would have meant to him when he was younger.

She told of them attempting to send him to camp and being told to take him home. He is 19 now so past the age, but she was so excited about The Project that she actually volunteered right then to help us wrap next year and took information to pass out at her church. She left us names and numbers and said her mother would also be interested. It was such a wonderful and heartwarming way to end the evening and we are so excited to have additional wrappers next year...that means we can do more days!

42 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim.... I love the stories! Thanks!

I added a new member to my family this weekend. :puppykiss: This is Gnocchi's new little brother, Shubert...

th_Shubert1-1.jpg th_gnocchishub1.jpg th_shubert3.jpg

He's an 18 week old Bichon Frise/Yorkie mix, rescued :snoopy: by local volunteer organization (HART) from a puppy mill. :grrrr:

What a cutie!!!!

annabear and jmh... C.U.T.E. puppie!!!

Haven't made a graphic (that wasn't a calendar) for a while now, but I got this phrase in my head this morning and it just wouldn't go away!

I believe it. Bring on 2010!!!

th_shadows.jpg

(clickable)

cindi... love the graphic. It is very intricate and very kewl!

Aikim, I love all the WFI stories! In addition to the comments already said, I really think they help fuel the volunteers enthusiasm! I have a short WFI story I'd like to share.

On Friday afternoon I had two volunteers scheduled for Borders. The change from one shift to the next happened when I was still at work. Unfortunately, one of the scheduled volunteers did not show up. My other volunteer, Marissa, is hearing impaired and primarily communicates using sign language. I just want to share how very proud I am of her. When the other volunteer did not show up she did not panic. She did not even text me. Instead she had a friend of hers, who is also hearing impared but hears a very small amount and does speak, come help her and translate some. I know this is "technically" against the WFI rules because he had not signed a waiver BUT in this instance I think it was very resourceful of her. The two of them worked the 4-hour shift on their own and communicated quite a bit with the public by writing things down back and forth, pointing at things, etc. At first I felt really horrible that Marissa had been left alone. Not because she was hearing impared but because I don't ever want any volunteer to feel they have been abandoned to work alone. But after I thought about it, I realized all was well. Marissa and her friend may not have been able to desciribe in audiable words what the National Inclusion Project does, but they represented the mission of full inclusion beautifully and they did an awesome job! I am so thankful to have Marissa as a volunteer and I hope her friend will join us officially next year.

Luckiest1, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I did not know her but she sounds like a wonderful person.

Preden, Glad your daughter is OK!

annabear, Shubert is so cute :-)

claylove.... love your story, too!

From BONILEE a CV:

EEE! I just talked to Rubenin the store today. He was behind me in line. I told him I heard that he was going to be touring with Clay this year. He smiled and said he couldn't say. Then I said hypothetically if there was to be a tour when would it be? He smiled and said,"This summer, if it were true" I asked him why did everything always have to be a secret and he said, with me? I said, no, with Clay. He started to say something when the check out girl took his money and was taking care of his change, so he never got to answer. We left and he was parked next to us in the parking lot. We were both putting our things in the car and I told him I tried his vodka pasta dish, and it was very good. He said oh, so you are on my site, and I said yes. He seemed to like that. He said, "Yeah, that Clay, he really loves that vodka sauce!" He said he had never had it til Clay told him how great it was. He said Clay raves about it.

He is such a sweet, kind, soul. I really like him a lot. I can see why he and Clay are such good friends. He looks very good. Lost a good amount of weight.

bottle... thanks for bringing this over. I hope it is true. #1, I want to see Clay in concert!!! #2, Clay ALWAYS brings out the best in Ruben and I think they would have a bunch of fun and that means we would, too! I saw Ruben on some show recently and he looked great! Hopefully, he keeps up the good work and keeps getting healthier and heathier. I wonder if his wife had something to do with his finally finding a diet that works for him.

HBD georgiesmybaby and spikesmom!!!

:birthday9:

I'm also stealing Scarlett's Happy Birthday emotie. It says it all!!!

I have an O.M.G. story (not a good one, I'm afraid). I'm sure you have heard about the Coast Guard cutter that hit that boat in San Diego on Sunday. The 8-yr old boy that was killed was the grandson of one of my co-workers. Everyone is just devastated over this. I have been on a boat to watch the boat parade near here and there are hundreds of boats anchored to watch the parades. It really doesn't matter whose fault it is, it is still just awful... and at this time of year.

Birthday greetings!

I don't get on here much but I did meet some of you wonderful girls in Raleigh this year at the Gala.

I wasn't sure where to write this so I figured it would be seen here. I am working with NIP as a volunteer for Golfing for Inclusion in Palm Beach. The event is on February 1st and there are still tickets available for either a golfer and guest or just for dinner. It has been a great event the last 2 years and we are hoping it will be even greater next year. Anyone that has anything to donate for the auction weather it's Golf or Clay related or even something else of value can contact me if you like. My email address is: softailclassic@bellsouth.net. More than anything we are looking for a big turnout. If you know of any companies that would like to be a sponsor you can get the information on the National Inclusion Website or contact me also. I have other information that I can email if you like.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks and have a very Merry Christmas!

Andrea :starhugs:

I have the saddest news to tell you. Marlyne of the OFC just forwarded me an email from Ashes' son. We have both been emailing her for days:

Hello, my name is Perry, I am Joan's son, I am sorry to inform you that mom has passed away late last week. We really have no way of contacting her friends as yet so if you know of any please pass this on for me. Thank you.

OMG, I knew something was wrong. Her screen name here and at the Clayboard was Claysmelody.

RIP, Joan. :wub:

Caro :listen:

Wishing a very, very :happybirthday04: to
georgiesmybaby & spikesmom!

How sad about Ashes. My condolences to her friends & family. :sorrysmiley:

That's terrible about your co-worker's grandson, liney. My condolences to their family as well. :hug:

I have the saddest news to tell you. Marlyne of the OFC just forwarded me an email from Ashes' son. We have both been emailing her for days:

Hello, my name is Perry, I am Joan's son, I am sorry to inform you that mom has passed away late last week. We really have no way of contacting her friends as yet so if you know of any please pass this on for me. Thank you.

OMG, I knew something was wrong. Her screen name here and at the Clayboard was Claysmelody.

RIP, Joan. :wub:

Oh my gosh - that doesn't quite seem possible. She just posted about a new blog last week. How very sad. My condolences to her family.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about CSM. Thanks for letting us know, Caro and Marilyon, but... *cries*! She was just here a few days ago.

I hope she's very happy now and is watching us, reading along with us on posts and blogs.

I hope her blog stays around for a while -- it will be a good place to "visit" when we're missing her, a lovely gift that she left behind.

Sending you all our love, CSM!!! We hope to see you again sometime but meanwhile we'll remember and treasure all the good you've given us! Thank you so much! God bless!!! :thankyou:

:GE_FCA:

My god it really is..here today..gone tomorrow! So sad!

I know. :cry4:

It seemed like she had such a good time creating her blogs and blends, and loved sharing them with others. I went back and looked, and she's been doing this since 2007!! I too hope her blog stays up so that people can continue to enjoy it for a long time.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about CSM. Thanks for letting us know, Caro and Marilyon, but... *cries*! She was just here a few days ago.

I hope she's very happy now and is watching us, reading along with us on posts and blogs.

I hope her blog stays around for a while -- it will be a good place to "visit" when we're missing her, a lovely gift that she left behind.

Sending you all our love, CSM!!! We hope to see you again sometime but meanwhile we'll remember and treasure all the good you've given us! Thank you so much! God bless!!! :thankyou:

Ironically, Ashes had been trying to get me to post at Facebook for months. Today I joined. Right now the post about her death is at the top of my page with a link to her blog if you would like to comment. Here is the link: Carolina Clay.

Aspiegirl is working on a montage, and there have been wonderful posts throughout the Clay Nation. I think Claycolombia, who always apologizes for her English, summed today's news up perfectly:

This is sad news that shakes the soul to me. Joan was a wonderful woman, we were always in contact. My dear Joan. all clay Aiken fans will miss you.

If you are a member of the Clayboard, I just posted about Joan's death on the Street. Here is the link: Claysmelody/Ashes Passes Away.

Thank you for your posts. Joan had lots of friends throughout the Clay Nation and will be missed. :wub:

Thanks Caro, and welcome to fb. I just sent my friend request... hope you recognize me by my friends.

I have a strange question... you know those little phrases that we were taught to echo after certain lines in "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer"? What do you say after "you'll go down in history"?

you know those little phrases that we were taught to echo after certain lines in "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer"? What do you say after "you'll go down in history"?

"Like George Washington...."

:snoopy:

Thanks, I guess it really varies. I remember, "Like Colombus" -- this started as a discussion between my officemate and her dh.

Oh no, not another one gone too soon. It seems doubly hard to take this time of the year. So sorry to hear about Ashes/Claysmelody. {{{friends and family of Joan}}}

Still no news on the job situation. Yesterday the VP came by our area and joked about one of the answers to the questions I was asked in my interview. Then he left again. My boss told me to "hang in there" (hence my Facebook status these days). I'm told he cannot make any job offers until he deals with all the HR shit that he didn't deal with before the interview process. I'm hoping for some word (either yes or no) today or tomorrow so at least I can stop worrying about it over Christmas.

Hee, love Quiana's tweet!

:GM_FCA:

My deepest sympathies to Ashes/Joan's family.

39 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Still no news on the job situation. Yesterday the VP came by our area and joked about one of the answers to the questions I was asked in my interview. Then he left again. My boss told me to "hang in there" (hence my Facebook status these days). I'm told he cannot make any job offers until he deals with all the HR shit that he didn't deal with before the interview process. I'm hoping for some word (either yes or no) today or tomorrow so at least I can stop worrying about it over Christmas.

I hope you get news soon too, its really awkward trying to get anything done with all my fingers and toes crossed for ya! :)