#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Well I'm certainly hoping for a better 2010 with lots more Clay and lots more money. This year has been short on both but it wasn't too bad of a year overall. I did get to the gala and Clay's last Spam and met lots of wonderful Clay fans.

I knew some Clay fans that left but none that I was close to. Can't say I'm interested in their opinion now. I'd much rather hang out with other fans that share my interest.

And just want to let all the clack gatherers and info gatherers know how much I appreciate all that they have given us over the years.

Well my Christmas is over and everyone has gone home so now my life will get back to normal. It was really fun and nice having my entire family together for 2 days but I am ready to get back in my rut. Hope all of you had a nice Christmas and will have a great New Year.

Merry Christmas to all us FCA ers and a Happy New Year

I am almost ready to get into bed and wanted to send my wishes for a much better 2010 to all of FCA before midnite PST.

Today my daughter and family arrived from Vancouver.. The 2 little girls were wearing their fairy dresses with wings and refused to wear their coats walking off the ferry. As it was about 3 Celcius we got some disapproving looks. Then off to my son's home where we had a delicious dinner, he's such a good cook. luckiest1 he got some good ideas from Jamie Oliver for roasting a turkey and it was truly yummy. I supplied a regular and a chocolate pavlova with raspberry/cranberry sauce for dessert.

At last it felt like Christmas. Having children around makes all the difference for me.

Yum Lotus! It is our tradition to have a pavlova for dessert. This year I bought a massive one and only used half so the rest is out there in the cupboard, calling to me - I must be strong I must be strong I must be strong...................

We are nearly at the end of Boxing day. We braved the sales and picked up a few bargains, saved about $400 on much needed work clothes for DH and myself, so probably worth the aggravation. I must be getting too old and crotchety since I would mostly prefer to be anywhere else but in the throngs, searching for parking etc! Then at the end we rewarded the kids with a visit to the chocolate cafe. Tomorrow is absolutely strict strict diet day. Maybe.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with their loved ones and that the New Year brings lots of good things including music from a certain somebody.

PS: Very hot and humid here-around 30C most days- and our southern rellies are facing "extreme catastrophic fire danger" ( a new classification in response to the

"Black Saturday" fires earlier this year)

:GM_FCA:

Yesterday was quite hectic, but good times were had by all. Emily's in the morning...eat, open gifts, watched "Elf"...pack all the gifts in the car, head home, unpack the car...pack the car with gifts for my family...head to my sister's...eat some more, open gifts, played a really fun game called "Things"...there are questions such as "Things that make you gag" and everyone has to right down an answer and then you list all the responses and they go around the table and guess who said what. The idea is answer out of character so people won't know its you. Of course my family has a very warped sense of humor so some of the answers were a bit on the risque side. I was the list writer...I am afraid my mind doesn't work quickly enough to come up with really witty answers. But it was a lot of fun...then after all that my hubby had to go to work unexpectedly due to the weather.

My second daughter Molly got engaged...we already knew it was going to happen as her fiance had already talked to us about it, but now it is official...two down...two to go!

36 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Boxing Day! :)

Then off to my son's home where we had a delicious dinner, he's such a good cook. luckiest1 he got some good ideas from Jamie Oliver for roasting a turkey and it was truly yummy. I supplied a regular and a chocolate pavlova with raspberry/cranberry sauce for dessert.

Your dessert sounds yummy. I will have to look "pavlova" up and see what it is. ;) I let my mom roast the turkey this time, her way (which means covering it up with tin foil and baking it at a very high heat) but it was also yummy. I got another Jamie Oliver cookbook from my daughter - this time Jamie's Italy. Pretty cool because the Food Network just had a Jamie marathon the other day and played the whole series. I posted a food blog called "the good, the bad, and the ugly" about my Christmas dinner experiences yesterday. :P

I must be getting too old and crotchety since I would mostly prefer to be anywhere else but in the throngs, searching for parking etc! Then at the end we rewarded the kids with a visit to the chocolate cafe. Tomorrow is absolutely strict strict diet day. Maybe.

:cryingwlaughter: I love the "maybe" at the end. Here too. It's freezing rain out so I don't know that I will be braving any Boxing Day sales today. I must also be getting old as I detest the crowds. However I would like to head out at some point this week and see if I can pick up an iPod docking stereo that also plays CDs. I took my ancient stereo out of my living room to make room for the Christmas tree and I don't plan to put it back. Not much works on it now so my son has taken it to his room because he likes the big speakers. I would much prefer something compact like Bose. Thankfully I have some gift cards I can put towards the cost as I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Enjoyed reading up on what ya'll did for xmas. The thing that tickled me most yesterday was my nephew being so thrilled with his basketball sweat pants with the snaps that he could just yank off in one pull. When we drove up, he came to greet us and promptly snatched off his pants LOL. Then he kept finding reasons to do it all day. He spent half the day snapping them back up.

Enjoy your weekend!!

:helloFCA:

Happy day after!

Enjoyed reading up on what ya'll did for xmas. The thing that tickled me most yesterday was my nephew being so thrilled with his basketball sweat pants with the snaps that he could just yank off in one pull. When we drove up, he came to greet us and promptly snatched off his pants LOL. Then he kept finding reasons to do it all day. He spent half the day snapping them back up.

:cryingwlaughter:

Enjoy your weekend!!

Couchie... that's funny! Kids are a riot sometimes... when they aren't driving you crazy, that is. LOL

Had half of my Christmas with my daughters Christmas Eve... my daughters and I had a jewelry making party after the kids opened their gifts and were occupied. I made a bracelet and two pairs of earrings I have been wanting to do for ages. Last night my 18 yr old grandson and his friend came over for dinner and the latest Harry Potter movie. Tonight I have Christmas with my son's family. Tomorrow I do NOTHING! Hopefully! :cryingwlaughter:

I sure missed the JNT this year. I'm hoping we have one next year. After a new cd, a PBS special, a summer tour, I'm crossing my fingers that he feels he can sell a Christmas tour well and does it again.

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!!!

Merry Christmas, FCA. I was sure I posted that yesterday, but try as I may, I can't find it now. Getting old's a bitch!! :hahaha:

I went and saw Avatar this afternoon. I have no idea how it will translate to DVD, but seeing it in 3D on a big screen was incredible. What James Cameron has created there is something truly amazing. If you like Sci-fi adventure at all, it's a must see.

Catching up on my board reading before heating up the leftovers from yesterday's dinner which my son kindly sent us home with.

This afternoon my daughter, two grand daughters and I went to a local theatre to see a movie of the Nutcracker performed by the Royal Ballet at Convent Garden. The younger GD fell asleep half way through and the older got bored off and on but announced on the way home that she wants to take ballet lessons. The ballet was beautifully done and now I want to see the one with the sets designed by Maurice Sendack.

Today I googled images of Pavlovas and now want to make a tall one. The ones I've always made are around 2" thick and the size of a large pizza pan.

I'm going to see Avatar next weekend and my son who has seen it already says he wants to see it in IMAX.

Today I googled images of Pavlovas and now want to make a tall one. The ones I've always made are around 2" thick and the size of a large pizza pan.

:cryingwlaughter: This reminds me Lotus of my first (and last ) attempt at making a pav at school. I obviously overbeat the egg whites and it turned out like a big white pancake!

I like to make most things from scratch but pavlovas are one of those things that I leave to the "experts", along with custard (haven't got the knack) and pastry (hot hands).

What are some of those "best left to the experts" items for my fellow FCAers?

My husband and son-in-law are ging to see Avatar tomorrow night...I saw the trailer that was enough for me... :cryingwlaughter:

My daughter and I went to see "Nine" tonight.....hmmm...the music/dancing was good but the plot was so thin and predictable that I nodded off twice...that's not good. I was really looking forward to seeing it so I'm a little bummed right now(and a little poorer).......I should have waited until it came out on DVD ..at least then I could have fast forwarded the slow parts ( that would have cut the movie down to 45 mins. , I'm sure.) The again, this is JMO...someone else may think it's Oscar worthy........but I don't see how. I do believe I should be a critic.... :hysterical: ...I'm very picky.

What are some of those "best left to the experts" items for my fellow FCAers?

Pie crust so far, for sure. I may attempt it soon but I don't expect it to turn out very well. Although I have mastered pizza dough and while the pizzas may not turn out round, they taste good! At this point I am game to try anything once!

My daughter and I went to see "Nine" tonight.....hmmm...the music/dancing was good but the plot was so thin and predictable that I nodded off twice...that's not good. I was really looking forward to seeing it so I'm a little bummed right now(and a little poorer).......I should have waited until it came out on DVD ..at least then I could have fast forwarded the slow parts ( that would have cut the movie down to 45 mins. , I'm sure.) The again, this is JMO...someone else may think it's Oscar worthy........but I don't see how. I do believe I should be a critic.... :hysterical: ...I'm very picky.

Haven't seen Nine yet but my problem is I tend to nod off if the action gets too intense. :P Strange but true, just ask cindilu2. :cryingwlaughter:

Foggy today.....I take it the temp has dropped below freezing. Still no snow yet.....and I am heading home today. Fingers crossed it holds off a few more hours.

Made it home yesterday, but it was pretty dicey. We ended up driving into a snowstorm with an eventual 7 inches of snow. My husband drove the entire time (3+ hours), so he's sleeping it off this morning. It's also still snowing this morning!

My whole "leave it to the experts" thing is pretty much anything baked. Don't do pie crusts; barely make cookies, unless they are the all-in-one pan variety. I have made pizza crust, though -- just don't do it very often.

It's nice to look forward to a week with nothing really planned at all. Love it!

I hope Clay and Parker are having a killer time together this holiday season. I can just imagine those two playing with toys -- and probably the empty boxes as well!

I hate to be the downer around here but my son who usually comes here to pick up his family's gifts emailed me last night to say that he has pneumonia and had spent 6 hours in the ER. He let his bronchitis go to far without getting antibiotics. I am concerned because his wife will not contact us no matter what. She has not let us see our granddaughter for three years, so if my son got sicker we would never know. He is usually pretty healthy so I'm not too concerned but I would love to bring him some of the chicken broth I have in the freezer. :angry2:

I felt bad when our neighbors' invited us over for Christmas dinner with their family as I didn't get them a gift and they purchased one for us. Fortunately her daughter bought her a new computer which didn't come with a keyboard so I was able to give her one I had that was barely used. Amazing how things work out.

Today is a great day to start cleaning up. I think I forgot how to do it. :think: Have a wonderful day.

Hmmm, Pavlova ...sounds Freudian. Are there dogs involved? :clay:

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday! DH is sick and DD is staying with a friend for a day or two so it's very quiet here. Let's hope we hear something from Mr. Aiken soon to liven things up a bit :claykiss:

treenuts

Hmmm, Pavlova ...sounds Freudian. Are there dogs involved? clay.gif

Found this about Pavlovas:

No one knows who first created the Pavlova. But the name and the recipes first began appearing soon after Russian prima ballerina, Anna Matveyevna Pavlova (1881-1931), toured both Australia and New Zealand in 1926 and Australia again in 1929. Anna Pavlova was considered the greatest ballerina of her time and her visit to New Zealand has been described as "the chief event of 1926." It was said "She does not dance; she soars as though on wings." From this you get the sense that this is a light, airy dessert.

FearofH2O I do hope that your son recovers very soon and I'm sorry that your DIL prevents you from having a relationship with him and his family, especially at this time of year.