#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for bringing that over, ldyj. I am happy to know that he is still involved with Unicef.....that's the first we've heard of it in quite some time. I wonder if they'll issue some sort of a challenge, or if those who can should just pledge individually.....

I don't think I am meant to see The Blind Side in theatres......I've tried twice now. I guess we could have seen it yesterday as it wasn't technically sold out, but who wants to sit in the first row? Not me. Too hard on the neck when you're old. :P

luckiest... I saw Blindside and it is great. I am about half way thru the book, which is great if you like to learn more stuff about football history. The movie did take license a few times, but it made for a better movie. I now watch him (74) when the Ravens play. I heard they were doing a special on his life on some tv station tonight, but don't know the details.

I am glad he is still UNICEF, too. I wonder tho, if he will ever be able to visit a foreign country again now that he is openly gay. It might be too dangerous and he will be restricted to working within the organization just in this country. We'll see, I guess.

:clap: Clay!

Have a great day CV, off to work today- year end and all.

ETA: Had an email from my son. He is feeling bad but thinks he has turned a corner.

Fear... glad you son is feeling a bit better. However, see bolded above... did you forget where you were this morning... LOL

Couchie... should we make her write, "I am at FCA." 500 times???? :cryingwlaughter:

liney,I never know where I am. :cryingwlaughter: I did the exact opposite at CV when I posted Hi FCA!. I should probably stick with one board. Oy! I guess I'm just lazy. Or is that Clay? Just kidding. I think he is quite conscientious. And I worked my buns off yesterday and today. Fortunately I have tomorrow off. :04:

I GOT MY FLASHDRIVE FROM THE PROJECT!!! :snoopy: :04: :wub:

I'm so thrilled! I didn't think anyone but the WFI leaders were getting them, from reports on CV ( :hysterical:Fear) It's on a very, very nice drive with the Project logo on it.

The Post Office did their darndest....there literally is a tire track across the envelope...but it IS in one piece. :)

and OMG when did they start charging $20 to check a bag. I had no idea until I went to do the early pre-check in for my mom.

((Couchie))....about a year ago. Amount varies airline by airline.

and OMG when did they start charging $20 to check a bag. I had no idea until I went to do the early pre-check in for my mom.

((Couchie))....about a year ago. Amount varies airline by airline.

The first time I paid was in October, 2008! You can save money on some airlines by pre-paying when you check in on line. It's worth it to me to save $5.00. Oh, and some airlines give you the first bag free.

The show tonight about The Blind Side is 20/20. It's on at 9:00 pm CST on ABC (I think that's the right one). I heard that it's on from a co-worker and ran to set it up (U-Verse has a nice perk -you can set up from a computer). Makes it nice when you hear about a program at work and you don't have to remember to do it when you get home! I' m looking forward to seeing it. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit so it will be interesting to hear from the real family.

I've flown a few times in the last year but mostly southwest and they don't add the luggage charges which is why I was so flummoxed.

Caro.. FCA has nothing planned for New Years... I'm actually going out! hee. But hopefully after the new years we will plan some activities and fun stuff as we anticipate the new album for 2010. I checked out your blog the other day. Great job!!

I try to avoid New Years Resolutions but I think I will at least do some goals for this year and try to stick to them. I've already signed up for some classes at the local community college. I figure I will do something that will help out on the work front and not get me into debt since I can pay as I go rather than a more expensive Master's program.

I'm hoping there's a bit of Clay travel next year...and maybe he'll do me a favor and correspond any tour with my July trip to Philadelphia for my family reunion.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

That sounds good Couchie, and if he's anywhere in the MD/DC/VA/PA area around then, feel free to stay with me for awhile. And I have a king size bed so there is plenty of room. Just hope you aren't allergic to dogs.

The show tonight about The Blind Side is 20/20. It's on at 9:00 pm CST on ABC (I think that's the right one). I heard that it's on from a co-worker and ran to set it up (U-Verse has a nice perk -you can set up from a computer). Makes it nice when you hear about a program at work and you don't have to remember to do it when you get home! I' m looking forward to seeing it. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit so it will be interesting to hear from the real family.

spikesmom... thank you for the directions. I, of course, didn't see this till just now. I tried abc.com/20/20, but all they had was the full episodes and nothing about Michael Oher anywhere, so I went to hulu.com and found it. What a fantastic thing the Tuhoeys did. It was only 7 minutes... I had hoped for more. I think they did about that much at the Raven's game the Sunday after the movie came out. They showed more of the family and Michael told how they had changed some of the facts to make the movie more interesting. Not enough to make any difference to the story, tho.

I loved the message in the movie about how far kids under-educated like Michael have to go to succeed. I hope it made a lot of people think.

Thanks Ldyj. A handsome man with some beautiful children. Could it get any better? I love his UNICEF blogs. They are informative and very well written. "Use your voice."

I sent a modest donation to UNICEF this week, and I might just have to add to it. Although I might not get to another CA concert, I will feel like I have reached children that I might not otherwise have been able to help. What a guy!

:hello: FCA. I think I got it right this time. :yahoo:

Caro.. FCA has nothing planned for New Years... I'm actually going out! hee. But hopefully after the new years we will plan some activities and fun stuff as we anticipate the new album for 2010. I checked out your blog the other day. Great job!!

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Thnx, Couch Tomato. I was starting to make the rounds again to see if I had missed posts about NYE gatherings. :)

This afternoon I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog that features SueReu's "Retrospective, Part 1" montage; graphics by AmazingCA, Cotton, Fountaindawg, and fivegoldens; plus a Cyber party invite to welcome The Decca Decade! :yahoo:

Announcements are on Facebook and Twitter and the blog is moving up at Google (currently Page 2), so hits/comments are most welcome. :wub:

FACEBOOK QUESTIONS:

1. Do we have a place at FCA so I can put real names with screen names? I am using my screen name (Carolina Clay) since I signed up for the blog. Most of my students and friends know that is my SN.

2. How can I stop receiving farm items/requests, etc.? I have posted that I'm not farming, but the items keep coming. Are they automatic?

Thnx for the input ... and your visits, "thumbs up," etc. I even know who some of you are, LOL! :whistling-1:

Have a great evening! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Caro -- I don't think there's any general place for SN vs RL names around here. There's a few that would rather not have the two connected, if possible. I think your best bet for that is to look at shared friends at Facebook, contact one of those friends, say "who the heck is ____?", and then make the connection if you can. (I've done that more than a few times, especially with Clay fan friends!)

As for Farmville stuff (IMO -- YUCK! PTOOEY! I prefer to waste my time on Clay boards, hee!), you can "hide" applications. As requests come in, you can either accept them, or ignore them. When you ignore, I think they also give you to option to "always" ignore either the poster or the application. On your wall, there's also a way to hide things as well. It's hard to explain without pictures -- maybe this site will help?

spikesmom... thank you for the directions. I, of course, didn't see this till just now. I tried abc.com/20/20, but all they had was the full episodes and nothing about Michael Oher anywhere, so I went to hulu.com and found it. What a fantastic thing the Tuhoeys did. It was only 7 minutes... I had hoped for more. I think they did about that much at the Raven's game the Sunday after the movie came out. They showed more of the family and Michael told how they had changed some of the facts to make the movie more interesting. Not enough to make any difference to the story, tho.

I loved the message in the movie about how far kids under-educated like Michael have to go to succeed. I hope it made a lot of people think.

You're very welcome! Sorry you didn't see it sooner. The whole hour was devoted to the topic. There were interviews with the Touhey family (all four of them), Michael, the actor who played Michael (he was not an actor before this movie and by the time he got the part was close to being evicted from his home), Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw and then another family who is doing somewhat the same thing with another young man (although he only lives with them during the week and then goes home to his Grandmother and siblings for the weekend). I thought it was a good show. At the end was an interview with Michael and you got to see a bit of his new house. A couple other people also talked, but I forget who they were... oops. :cryingwlaughter: It was good. If it's on again, it's worth the time.

And what a great picture of Clay... I love that look! :wub:

From CV:

Faye Parker posted the following on her public FB page. I am not a friend of hers so it is definitely public. Bolding mine.

Faye Parker 2009 we mourn the passing of Daddy. Brett finished his stint in the Marines 1 1/2 years ago. Is in school in Wilmington. Mama just had back surgery. Hope she will be home B-4 New Year. My grandson is adorable and the apple of my eye. Clayton. The New Year holds some exciting things for him. Me, the energizing bunny. I keep going and going. Happy New Year and may your lives be blessed in every way.

:GM_FCA:

Lovely post from Faye...sorry to hear that Granny is dealing with some health issues; hope she is home soon, must be scary for someone her age to have back surgery...hoping that 2010 is a wonderful year for all of them and very excited to see what is on the horizon for Clay.

31 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!

Kim

Caro, I think you already have this information, but just in case it might help someone else....

To "hide" Farmville and other apps on Facebook....hover over the right side of one of the incoming messages; you will see "Hide" appear in the right hand column. Click on "Hide" and you will see choices to hide (the person) or (the application, e.g. Farmville). Click on the application name, and it will hide all posts from that application. If you "oops" it and hide someone you don't want to, you can undo it in the Edit Options at the bottom right of your wall page.

Caro, I think you already have this information, but just in case it might help someone else....

To "hide" Farmville and other apps on Facebook....hover over the right side of one of the incoming messages; you will see "Hide" appear in the right hand column. Click on "Hide" and you will see choices to hide (the person) or (the application, e.g. Farmville). Click on the application name, and it will hide all posts from that application. If you "oops" it and hide someone you don't want to, you can undo it in the Edit Options at the bottom right of your wall page.

Thnx, FromClaygary. I'll definitely try that. I hope I haven't offended people by the other ways I've gotten rid of them. :cryingwlaughter:

Will check out the updates, cha cha! :rainbowsmile:

Caro :listen:

Hi FCA - sorry I have been MIA for so long.... but I have a

NEWS FLASH!

I just updated my claymatized site!!

it's not much but it's a start!!

http://claymatized.com/index.htm

cha cha, I was just thinking about you. The 2009 page on Claymatized looks great!

My photobucket folder for 2009 is kind of small - here's hoping for a bandwidth-guzzling year in 2010!

SilverGlitterStarsLeft.gifnewyear_3.gifSilverGlitterStarsRight.gif

Happy New Year FCA

If anyone is watching any of the highlights of the decade and has recording capabilities, please record. I imagine AI will be a headline for the decade, at least I think it is. Thank you for anyone who helps. CNN MTV HLN VH1 any of those. Plus ET and any of those shows.

Thank you.

My husband sent me this colour test, thought it was cute. Good Luck

Colour Test

Hi FCA - sorry I have been MIA for so long.... but I have a

NEWS FLASH!

I just updated my claymatized site!!

it's not much but it's a start!!

http://claymatized.com/index.htm

004.jpg

cha cha... :BlowKiss: Ditto and glad to see you!

Happy 2010 FCA!!!

spikesmom... I will go and look again. Maybe it was just too soon to see the whole episode. That sounds like a great show.

cha cha, love your summary of 2009. I can think of a lot more celebs I haven't seen as much of in 2009.

Enjoyed the test goldarngirl.

Here's hoping that we will see a lot more of you clackgatherers in 2009. I'm looking at you too scarlett. It seems like so many of you have provided some form of clack in the past. 2010 should be outstanding. I really don't want expectations to be too high. I remember the big disappointment that was Spamalot for a few months until people actually saw it and/or clack of it. :lilredani:

Happy New Year FCA!!!

Haha, the color test - took me two tries to realize not to read the word but look only at the color.... :cryingwlaughter:

This is weird... new computer.... can't see the background here and the only color I see is if it's a picture or emoticon. When anyone uses a color in their text, it's all black and white to me... :( Any ideas why that might be? I'm not totally computer illiterate but this one has me stumped... it's like this on the other Clay sites I might visit too.. so it's a computer setting maybe? Anyone know? Help! Please and Thank You!!