#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Who are these people that call his management company, record label, potential venues, and his family, for God's sake? (And this is strictly a rhetorical question.)

Such people must have advanced cases of famewhoredomitis, and I never like being exposed to those self-aggrandizing type diseases since they can be the most dangerous, and are spirit destroyers without a doubt. It borderline-angers me that there are women in this Clay Nation who feel entitled to scoop any and every bit of news, even when it denies Clay his joy. Even when they know he's anxious to tell us himself.

Such a sad, sad situation - and it's getting more and more absurd. It's embarrassing, actually. I think there are more than a few people in the broad spectrum fanbase who need to get either a grip or a therapist.

I haven't read his blog yet (I can't BELIEVE I left my phone at home) - but I bet he still likes his mama better than any fan on the planet. And looking at some fan reactions, I can see why. I'm sorry Clay apparently sounds a little sad, but (selfish bitch that I am) he will soon be out and about, entertaining moi as the heavens intended!

What in the world is wrong with people??? Wait... nevermind don't answer that.

I believe it was once referred to as ENF Syndrome. :hahaha:

I'm glad he actually spoke up about the crappy behaviour instead of just sucking it up all the time.

I hope the people it was meant for recognize themselves and take heed. Not really gonna hold my breath though.

Honestly though, you'd think Faye would be a little wiser less naive after almost 7 years.

Hmmm, but you know what? I think it says something about Faye (and by extension, perhaps Clay) that she is apparently not completely cynical and untrusting after Clay's being in the business for 7 years (though cynical seriously works for me!). Faye and Clay both are about a billion times nicer than I could ever dream of being...

Hmmm, but you know what? I think it says something about Faye (and by extension, perhaps Clay) that she is apparently not completely cynical and untrusting after Clay's being in the business for 7 years (though cynical seriously works for me!). Faye and Clay both are about a billion times nicer than I could ever dream of being...

Heheh, you and me both!

I'm glad he actually spoke up about the crappy behaviour instead of just sucking it up all the time.

I hope the people it was meant for recognize themselves and take heed. Not really gonna hold my breath though.

Honestly though, you'd think Faye would be a little wiser less naive after almost 7 years.

Not one of Faye's finest moments I grant you but she has kept some pretty important secrets for Clay...like the fact that he was gay and a certain little boy's impending birth...she must have bursting at the seams with that one!

Kim

Not one of Faye's finest moments I grant you but she has kept some pretty important secrets for Clay...like the fact that he was gay and a certain little boy's impending birth...she must have bursting at the seams with that one!

Kim

I don't blame Faye. She made the mistake of saying too much; something I think we all have done one time or another. But I do not understand the need to hound her & others instead of letting Clay tell us when it was ok to do so. We are all excited & I hate that his was dampered. I just hope this didn't cause him any problems w/ Decca or the people doing the PBS special.

I just hope this didn't cause him any problems w/ Decca or the people doing the PBS special.
:yeahthat:

I guess if there is one good thing he can take from all of this is that at least there is still some "enthusiasm" in the fandom after all this time.

Awe, Claaay :thbighug-1:

I can still hear my 4th grade teacher (in her best Sister AnnaMarie voice) saying "Patience is a virtue"!

New picture of Clay and Reed out there...it is on CV...I am work...so can't post it...really cute. Taken at Tom Deckman's birthday party...looks like has JBT hair...almost!

Kim

one good thing he can take from all of this is that at least there is still some "enthusiasm" in the fandom after all this time.

Awe, Claaay :thbighug-1:

I can still hear my 4th grade teacher (in her best Sister AnnaMarie voice) saying "Patience is a virtue"!

SallyGal!! :thbighug-1:

I'm here with you, being enthusiastic and (almost) patient GF!

I thought his blog was very well done. It showed how disappointed he was that some of the fans wouldn't wait for him to make the announcement himself. If anything will make those nosey fans think a minute, that might do it... nah, what am I thinking! :cry4:

aikim... tease us why don't you... :cryingwlaughter:

Screw the blog. I wanna know how much it would cost me to hang out for a couple of hours with Clay and Reed and their friends. I'm guessing I'd have to win a TNIP auction, because somehow I think it's too late for me to become a Broadway-quality dancer or actor or what not.

I thought his blog was very well done. It showed how disappointed he was that some of the fans wouldn't wait for him to make the announcement himself. If anything will make those nosey fans think a minute, that might do it... nah, what am I thinking! :cry4:

aikim... tease us why don't you... :cryingwlaughter:

I wasn't really! Can't save pictures at work and I knew someone would on it as soon as I posted!

Kim

Screw the blog. I wanna know how much it would cost me to hang out for a couple of hours with Clay and Reed and their friends. I'm guessing I'd have to win a TNIP auction, because somehow I think it's too late for me to become a Broadway-quality dancer or actor or what not.

When you figure it out, let me in on it, k? GAHHHH I just love those pics, esp the first one. Doesn't it always seem like Clay's the center of these things (even when he's not)?

I really think going to Broadway was the best thing he ever did - they really seem to be his extended family. :wub::wub::wub:

And Tom is adorable, as always. :wub::wub:

Makes me happy to see Clay and Reed and friends looking so happy. If it can't be MY arms around Clay, at least Reed's are, so here's to love! And many happy b'days to Tom. I loved talking with him and getting his autograph on my Spam playbill too.

I was just telling Ansa this morning that I wished Clay hadn't said anything until it was all written in stone. I just had an uneasy feeling about it and was hoping nothing would change after people made flights etc. But damn, people are calling his label and his charity digging for info? I think those people are absolutely pathetic. I'm sure Faye is taking a beating but really did she confirm anything we didn't know already through Clay's own blog? What's sad to me is that it's just never enough.

Cute photos.

The only thing Faye said that Clay didn't was that it was definitely the PBS special that was to be taped.

Meanwhile....back to admiring my new avatar...

They're so dweeeeeeemy....

Oh, and guess what? I've got pink eye! I'm officially off work tomorrow because of it.